• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Popular games that you dislike?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
GTA
Tales of Symphonia
Most of the FFs except for #1 and Tactics, I dunno why.

I'll think of more later.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Oh, how could i forget sports games?
Or Guitar Hero, or Rock Band for that matter?

I also, for some awkward reason, despise Call of Duty 4.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Generation 3 Pokemon games -
No Backwards compatibility + Lugia and Ho-oh event only + lower difficulty + No Johto = Fail.

Halo - Most overvalued game franchise of all time.
Barlw - I don't need to explain this.

Gears of War - Way to help perpetuate the stereotype that the 360 is saturated with shooters.
Not bad, but it's not a good time for it when there are already many other shooters on the console.

Wii Music(does this even count as popular?)

Mario Party 5 and later- It stopped being fun after 4. Stop this franchise and let it rest in peace.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
No Backwards compatibility + Lugia and Ho-oh event only + lower difficulty + No Johto = Fail.

Barlw - I don't need to explain this.

Mario Party 5 and later- It stopped being fun after 4. Stop this franchise and let it rest in peace.
Gen 3 is definitely underrated. It had more then lugia and ho-oh event (mew, latios/latias, deoxys, jirachi). Backwards compatibility seems like a bad idea IMO (I'm not even sure if it would be possible). 3rd gen added vibrant colours, a smaller casing and it was just so different from the past 2 games that backwards Compatibility wouldn't work well. No jhoto wasn't a problem for me. I found 3rd gen to be closer to 1st gen then 2nd because of it being a "new start". Just like 2nd gen was sort of like an "upgrade" 4th gen was made to do the same thing (the lack of hoenn made me a bit upset but unlike 2nd gen it would be harder to port over due to the new graphics and look).

Brawl is forgotten by most other then people on smashboards. I rarely see people talk about brawl at all. While games like COD4 and Halo 3 are still being talked about.

Mario Party 5 was actually one of my favourite MP games. The minigames were a lot of fun and were a lot better then the past 4 games. I agree that the games are being far to milked and it needs to come out at a slower pace (3 MP on GC was fail), maybe 1 game per system. Plus, since when has this game been overrated?

-:bowser:Bowser King

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Final Fantasy 7 and 11. 7 isn't bad, but was not fun for me at all. Final Fantasy and MMOs shouldn't mix, especially if the only way to play 11 is online. Not worthy of the title at all.

Grand Theft Auto series. I have played it, and I'd rather play Shadow The Hedgehog, since, you know, it's actually a bit more fun in my opinion. I guess I never preferred Sandbox games. Surprisingly, I love the Driver series.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The game isn't terrible, but they wasted a LOT of ideas that could've made it a spectacular game. A crappy stage builder, unneccesary Demos(and didn't have the two we actually wanted), rediculous challenges, lack of good music as well as references(where's the Quest 64 stickers?! Seriously, +50 to magic can't be argued). No Metal Music? Come on, that's just stupid, not to mention that poor course choices(including most of the new ones).

Ironically, there's more "crappy" games I enjoy than good games I don't enjoy. Huh.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
How could you :ohwell: :( :urg: :cry:

That was one of my favorite generations. Why is there SOO much hate on that one generation? It was so beautiful.. the music.. everything.

:ohwell:

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Because all of the Pokemon were stupid as hell and appealed only to ten year olds who never played first gen.
It appealed to me at the time.

Torchic, Mighteyena, wait, never played the first gen? Stupid pokemon? Fourth generation had it's terribles.. but third barely had any if none..

..wow.. I shouldn't even try to fight back at this statement.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I don't like Tekken or Soul Calibur that much, although the bowling on Tekken Tag Tournament is epic. As is Gon.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

Torchic, Mighteyena, wait, never played the first gen? Stupid pokemon? Fourth generation had it's terribles.. but third barely had any if none..
Of course 4th gen had its share of stupid. I never said it didn't. I mean, just look at Lucario. Bidoof > All of 3rd Gen.

That's because I own so much, you can't think of anything. It happens.

Epic failure.
Quality =/= Quantity. Aside from the Melee tracks recycled for Brawl, a huge majority of the new songs suck. Less than 50 are any good, and I'm being generous with a rounded off number.

I'm an angry person.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Of course 4th gen had its share of stupid. I never said it didn't. I mean, just look at Lucario. Bidoof > All of 3rd Gen.
...Lucario is the best Pokemon in the fourth gen., and Torkoal, Seviper, Mightyena, and Absol all beat Bidoof easily.

Personally, I like the third gen. pokemon the most, except none of the coolest pokemon were as strong as I would have liked them to be. Firered and Leafgreen were probably the best in the series outside of the context of the times, because of the good-enough storyline and the "even more Elite Four."

EDIT: the D/P storyline was actually a real let-down. Pokemon mobsters are a lot less cliche than "destroy the world/take over the world" themes, and make a lot more sense in the context of the situation. After all, it is not the end of the world if you lose to team Rocket, and the world does not near complete destruction once every three years, there are not theat many mad geniouses. There are a good number of powerful illegal sindicates, so the Team Rocket storyline makes sense.

In terms of themes, Pokemon Silver and Gold's final battles were the most epic. It was like fighting yourself and winning. Not to mention it had the benefit of falling back on player nostalgia, while still remaining fresh.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
That's because I own so much, you can't think of anything. It happens.
:3

the D/P storyline was actually a real let-down.
QFT.

I especially hated Team Galatic in the storyline though. They aren't even a serious team.

Team Magma and Aqua thought they had good intentions, but what they wanted to do was so amazingly great it just kept me playing. I wanted to see the end, would Magma ever expand the land? Emerald really pumped me up, though.

Team Rocket was the best team. They were in it for the money, and even killed a pokemon to get what they want. That's truly evil and truly worth fighting for.

Team Galatic.. they wanted to create another planet.. right?

..even then, I can't even bare to finish it because they don't even explain HOW they'll do it. Isn't something along those standards impossible? Couldn't you explain to me why you wanted to do it in the first place?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
:3

QFT.

I especially hated Team Galatic in the storyline though. They aren't even a serious team.

Team Magma and Aqua thought they had good intentions, but what they wanted to do was so amazingly great it just kept me playing. I wanted to see the end, would Magma ever expand the land? Emerald really pumped me up, though.

Team Rocket was the best team. They were in it for the money, and even killed a pokemon to get what they want. That's truly evil and truly worth fighting for.

Team Galatic.. they wanted to create another planet.. right?

..even then, I can't even bare to finish it because they don't even explain HOW they'll do it. Isn't something along those standards impossible? Couldn't you explain to me why you wanted to do it in the first place?
Cyrus wanted to create a new universe using the deities of space and time because he believed the world was corrupted beyond repair. He used the deities of knowledge, emotion, and will to contain the deity of space in Pearl, or time in Diamond, as according to ancient myth.

Would have been pretty epic actually, if the presentation wasn't terrible. Cyrus' personality is actually very interesting, and could have been capitalized upon; he wasn't the same type of villian as any of the other Pokemon villians. If Cyrus had succeeded, in the vein of FF VI, then there would have been a lot more plot to the story.

The game really needed more of Cyrus' personsality, intelligence, and drive, and less of the stupid, generic bad guy goons who have no idea what they are fighting for.

EDIT: Galactic did have the best theme song though.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

Swalot, Numel, Lunatone, Solrock, and Claydol say hi.

Although personally, alot of my favorite Pokemon are from the third gen (Zangoose, Mawile, and Absol).

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Ocarina of Time was always too tough for me. Then I heard how unintuitive the order of events you needed to do to get through the game was. I could never get very far in it.

I actually wouldn't mind it if the controls were better.

EDIT: and GTA4 was overhyped. Most the "social life" additions were kinda annoying, and although the game is well made, it is not all that special, it is just a GTA title. Of course, Vice City was my favorite, I'm not sure if that might have influenced my opinions on the future games.

Matt

Banned via Administration
Man, I'm soooooo rebellious. Look at me, all "I don't like it because other people do!" Huhwhat?

If you're 1 in a million people who doesn't like something, the problem prooooobably lies with your inability to appreciate the thing critically or beyond your own unreasonably biased niche (the latter of which I find far more despicable). The majority of the people posting in this topic are arguably NOT real gamers (nor real people I'm not listening lalalala), nor the least bit respectful of what are fine products in the entertainment that they provide, the longevity they continue to provide, and the ingenuity they provided for ALL games today.

I'm just going to make a quick list of some of the games you half-wits listed as overrated:

Starcraft
God of War
Grand Theft Auto
Halo
WoW
Final Fantasy
GTA
Pikmin
Zelda
Smash
Pokemon
Bioshock
Oblivion

Are you kidding me??

What I've gathered is that there are two fundamental reasons for hating a popular game:

1. It's popular.

2. Waah, it's not like the games I grew up with! Aw, such fond memories of being a young lad. The future is scaaaaary!

You dumb mother ****ers.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Man, I'm soooooo rebellious. Look at me, all "I don't like it because other people do!" Huhwhat?

If you're 1 in a million people who doesn't like something, the problem prooooobably lies with your inability to appreciate the thing critically or beyond your own unreasonably biased niche (the latter of which I find far more despicable). The majority of the people posting in this topic are arguably NOT real gamers (nor real people I'm not listening lalalala), nor the least bit respectful of what are fine products in the entertainment that they provide, the longevity they continue to provide, and the ingenuity they provided for ALL games today.

I'm just going to make a quick list of some of the games you half-wits listed as overrated:

Starcraft
God of War
Grand Theft Auto
Halo
WoW
Final Fantasy
GTA
Pikmin
Zelda
Smash
Pokemon
Bioshock
Oblivion

Are you kidding me??

What I've gathered is that there are two fundamental reasons for hating a popular game:

1. It's popular.

2. Waah, it's not like the games I grew up with! Aw, such fond memories of being a young lad. The future is scaaaaary!

You dumb mother ****ers.
GTA is Grand Theft Auto. :ohwell:

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't like Halo cause it's too slow.

I don't like Bioshock because it's a step backwards in just about every way (other than graphics) from it's predecessor.

I don't like WoW because it's scarily addictive, and a grindfest like any other MMO.

I don't like GTA cause... actually I don't really know why I don't like GTA games they're just kinda boring to me for whatever reason...

Happy now Matt!?

MiiKai

Smash Cadet
GTA 4! I can give a list pf flaws in this game.

Gears of War 2. Just duck and shoot, repeast till the game is over.

LittleBigPlanet. Just level making, not anything else.

viparagon

Smash Ace
Sorry if this has been done before.

For some reason I'm not a huge fan of Halo or GTA games, even though tons of people out there worship those games.

I also really don't care much for Mario, to be quite honest.

What popular games do you guys dislike?
I never really got GTA either, but halo rox...

I picked up San Andreas, played it abit, to reach the conclusion that it wasn't a very good game.

hmmm... I'll check gamespot... it'll probably be like a 7.5...

9.4?!?!? WTF!?!?

Pas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Antilochos
3DS FC
2277-6656-7895
I don't like GTA cause... actually I don't really know why I don't like GTA games they're just kinda boring to me for whatever reason...

Happy now Matt!?
This is what bothers me about this thread and Matt's post. Some of the games I've listed I dont' dislike for any solid reason, other than that it didn't do much for me. I didn't get into Uncharted, it just wasn't my thing, and I don't like RTS much so I didn't enjoy Starcraft.

Does this make me a *******? Maybe.

Fair dibs not like GTA btw. If it's not your cup of tea, that's acceptable.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't like Gta, Scarface, or Harvest Moon.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
lack of good music
Woah, slow down.

I despise Brawl, and that's the ONE thing I like about the game. The ONE thing I give credit to Sakurai for.

You fail for spamming. The best music that people actually wanted was NOT in there, thus, Lack of good music. I stand by my true and correct statement.
You're right, if music people wanted didn't get in, it obviously means that the rest of the music sucks.
What kind of logic is that?

Gerudo's Valley? Stickerbrush Symphony? Dragon Roost Island? Vs. Meta Ridley? Butter Building? Star Wolf? Victory Road? Silence? Fire Emblem Theme? Snowman? Calling to the Night? Sonic Boom?

You're right, the music sucks. Nothing good there.

While there are DEFINITELY songs I would've liked in the game, (Lower Norfair and The Final Zone to name two) and there are a good number of ****ty songs (Norfair doesn't even sound like Norfair) the soundtrack we got is more than enough.

Quality =/= Quantity. Aside from the Melee tracks recycled for Brawl, a huge majority of the new songs suck. Less than 50 are any good, and I'm being generous with a rounded off number.
No one said that quality = quantity. But there is a large amount of great music in Brawl.

You know you're being insane when you've got ME defending Brawl. Seriously.

Starcraft
God of War
Grand Theft Auto
Halo
WoW
Final Fantasy
GTA
Pikmin
Zelda
Smash
Pokemon
Bioshock
Oblivion

Are you kidding me??

1. It's popular.

You dumb mother ****ers.
You've got me, I definitely have something against Halo, and GTA, and Final Fantasy because they're popular.

I'm sorry, I reciprocate your final statement. Why is it a crime to hate games JUST because they're popular? Isn't it possible there's just a massive number of people that are dumb as **** to like the game? Or maybe you have a different opinion than the masses? (I know, GOD FORBID.)

For the record, level making sounds epic.
Yep. Level/stage/map/etc. creation in general is an awesome idea, as long as it's better than Brawl's.
If I felt it were worth the $300 for a PS3, I'd definitely get LBP. It sounds great.

A lot of people just don't seem able to get into GTA. Maybe there's too much peaceful driving between shoot-outs?
Actually, it's more the shoot-outs for me...

I don't get into the concept of playing a game where you get rewarded for breaking the law in multiple ways. Stealing cars, shooting the crap out of people, and running over old people just doesn't really appeal to me...

Matt

Banned via Administration
Happy now Matt!?
NEVAR!!

Don't listen to Matt, he's an everything fanboy.
Everything... but you. :mad:

I'm sorry, I reciprocate your final statement. Why is it a crime to hate games JUST because they're popular? Isn't it possible there's just a massive number of people that are dumb as **** to like the game? Or maybe you have a different opinion than the masses? (I know, GOD FORBID.)
Maybe as a concept performance art piece you can get away with doing something simply and wholly for the sake of it (and how!), but for general intents and purposes it's entirely expected from anyone with half a functioning brain for there to be some sort of thought-process and sound judgment in dismissing something outright that literally millions have found value in and critics UNANIMOUSLY (remember, these are the folks who get paid to use their ****ing heads and not their snap-judgment bias) rave about for its importance--well that's just ********.

And you're just arguing for the sake of it, and normally that's grounds for an infraction in my book, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and dismiss your ignorance as a performance piece titled "Moron on the Internet."

In which case, bravo. Good performance.

Top Bottom