• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

UberMario

Smash Master

Oh wow, how did I NOT notice it's not looking "forward" with "sad" eyebrows, it's looking to the right with a snear . . . . . . (you'll see a little purple nose)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh wow, how did I NOT notice it's not looking "forward" with "sad" eyebrows, it's looking to the right with a snear . . . . . . (you'll see a little purple nose)
It's very difficult for me to even force myself to see it that way.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Current poll on Smogon based off of how popular the starters are:

Tsutaaja line (grass)- 50%
Mijumaru line (water)- 25%
Pokabu line (fire)- 14%
The rest are undecided.

The Tsutaaja line isn't even all that great but Pokabu's and Mijumaru's evo lines are full of so much fail Tsutaaja's line ends up looking good.

MetallicMario

Smash Journeyman
I'd assume Dreamworld stuff can go in here, then?

A lot of Pokemon got interesting new abilities (Politoed and Ninetales with Drizzle and Drought for example).

I was always wishing for a OU Drought and Drizzle Pokemon. And Drought gets put on my favourite underdog. :) Maybe Ninetales won't be outclassed by Arcanine so much anymore. Overall, I think Game Freak is really messing up this Gen and making it less awesome.

Most of the Pokemon still look like Neopets to me. Im just having a hard to accepting them. And Smugleaf's final evo is not Dragon. Game Freak, I am disappoint.

If it's any consolation, the music is awesome.

Anyways, it looks like GF is trying to create totally original Pokemon. Well, I have a tip.

Fire the idiots who made 3/4ths of the designs and the guy who thought they were okay.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Yes, I'd like Poliwag as a starter too.
lol i know poliwag becomes a water/fighter but its base stats are lacking, a starter water/fighting with the right base stats could be a beast.

Well serebii has changed the base stats so i am not sure what they are but if the fire type has no defense then he is kind useless and imo it seems none of the new starters are really that good but i need a better look at what they learn and stuff before i am sure they all are lacking

there is a reason infernape is ou and blaziken is uu and its speed, this new fire starter has no speed or defense i dont see him being useful

As for the other two they are pure and there are better pure pokemon

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
how is that ugly *** otter more popular than pokabu?
it has to be because of it's evolutions...

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
Some of the new pokemon are absolutely amazing and unique, but some are really stupid looking. Oh well, we'll see how this goes. Lucarios will always be my favorite pokemon, but the new dessert alligator pokemon (I can't remember his name) really caught my attention.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Really? Listen to this for ten seconds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIRGuwLLjqg&feature=PlayList&p=01405604B2F394E6&index=11&#t=1m38s
and compare it to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JPVe4oDy1U

I swear the instrument sounds nearly the same. lol
It's similar, yeah, but the Earthbound music still has that aimless-lackadaisical-and-yet-ominous feel to it, while the pokemon music has more drive.

The sprites AREN'T properly cleaned, these aren't even "ripped" sprites. They're all just photographs of the sprites within the Pokedex.

I wish, for once, people would judge things when they are presented at their best. I'm sure if you took a picture of something like, let's say, Barboach on your DS with a ****ty camera, everyone would be complaining about it just like we are now.
No no, I agree with you. I didn't think that they'd look like that in-game or in general.

JOE!

Smash Hero
fire is just a really tricky thing to attach a type to (for a starter as they shouldnt have an ability to save it)....

Wrath`

Smash Master
According to what Seribii has posted, team Plasma has to be the most bad-a$$ syndicate ever.

Also some of the psuedo 3D screen shots are awesome.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
According to what Seribii has posted, team Plasma has to be the most bad-a$$ syndicate ever.

Also some of the psuedo 3D screen shots are awesome.
And N there leader has the most kick @$$ battle theme ever >.>

Wrath`

Smash Master
...more awesome than Team Rocket? Yeah, I don't think so.
No one will ever be as great as Giovanni, but as for Team rocket overall, it indeed loses to Plasma. If only Giovanni was the leader of Plasma, complete philosophy change, but still would be cool

UberMario

Smash Master
Wow, the models for Reshiram and Zekrom look as good as Gamecube graphics.

(Go on Serebii and click on the 2nd spoiler button)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
No one will ever be as great as Giovanni, but as for Team rocket overall, it indeed loses to Plasma. If only Giovanni was the leader of Plasma, complete philosophy change, but still would be cool
Team Rocket tortured an Eevee, FFS

PowerBomb

Smash Master
This theme is enjoyable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4dvx5jfmYA

I think I'll end up picking Pokabu because I won't be a picky dumb***. Seriously, its final evolution is Ganon. You can't tell that's not awesome.

Tomo Takino, what emulator are you playing it on?
We're allowed to talk about this as long as there's no DL link, I'm pretty sure,

M.K

Level 55
That theme sure is enjoyable. It's better than the typical bike theme that's been forced down our throats for a while now.
I'm using Pokabu in my playthrough on an emulator because in the real games, I'm going to be using Tsutaja and Mijumaru respectively.

Also if anyone is interested:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So...do you think 3DS will be able to do Dream World? I dun wanna DSi

UberMario

Smash Master
The Jellyfish? Yeah I noticed that.

Man . . . . . the fact that the Wotter line isn't Water/Fighting hurts even more when you look at the moves it naturally learns:

[collapse=Attack List by Levelling Up]
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Water Gun
-Water Sport
-Focus Energy
-Shell Blade
-Furry Cutter

-Water Pulse
-Revenge
-Aqua Jet
-Encore
-Swords Dance
-Hydro Pump
[/collapse]

In comparison, Pokabu's line only learns two fighting moves through levelling up . . . . .

On another note, a new attack called "Gastro Acid" is under the "Beauty" category. lololololol

UberMario

Smash Master
I guess I never noticed then, but still the category it's placed in is hilarious. XD

Apparently the judges love to see projectile vomit.

M.K

Level 55
Lol ninja'd.

Okay, so Daruma Mode is an ability? That's going to be difficult to run sets with, seeing as how you'll either have to predict whether your Hihidaruma is gonna spend more time above half health or below.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
It's not its only ability, though. And apparently only Hihidaruma caught in a certain area (also, possibly, in the Dream World; I don't know) have it.

It's purely a strategic ability.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Big Pokemon sites are being forced to take down all images of Pokemon Black and White.

Top Bottom