• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Wait what the **** are the **** goggles ****ing real or not? Sick of this "yeah they're real" "no they aren't real" bull****. :mad:

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
EDIT: Nevermind, everyone else said what I just did last page.

So... Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the swimming goggles are fake. They really don't make sense.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Well, over local Wireless WITHOUT messing with options your team is shown to your opponent.

Oh well.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Swimming Goggles were suppose to increase your speed an accuracy by one stage. If you were not a water type, you would be put to sleep.

These items were an unsubstantiated rumor that probably slipped in on the backs of more legit information. It took people quite a while to release that no such item existed within the games code.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Well, over local Wireless WITHOUT messing with options your team is shown to your opponent.

Oh well.
I hope the online battle simulators give us the choice of hiding teams, I mean I don't want to see your team, I like being surprised and then having to adapt and battle on.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Yeah, with the 3DS coming it's hard to get excited about those.

It's almost hard for me to get excited about the 3DS because I know a 3DSLite will be released the following year.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
You're going to want to wait for the 3DS 2nd version even more than any previous handheld. The 3D technology is fastly advancing, and though the 3DS does provide 3D viewing in about half of the possible viewing ranges, it won't be long till they get true 360 degree 3D view. It won't be just a smaller version as we saw in the past, or a stronger backlight, no, it'll be a complete fullfillment of the devices original purpose, comparable to the Wii before Wii motion plus.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Wait wait wait. Isn't that... that's a hologram.
What I'm refering to is being able to view the 3DS from any angle and acheive a 3D effect. Currently the DS has I believe 60 something angles it can be viewed from, but the development of these kinds of screens is quickly advancing, and I imagine within a year and a half, Nintendo will reveal this version of the 3DS.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
What I'm refering to is being able to view the 3DS from any angle and acheive a 3D effect. Currently the DS has I believe 60 something angles it can be viewed from, but the development of these kinds of screens is quickly advancing, and I imagine within a year and a half, Nintendo will reveal this version of the 3DS.
So you mean 180 degrees?

Wrath`

Smash Master
Swimming Goggles= 3D Goggles?

I kinda need to get the 3DS when it hit stores, as my current DS light is trashed.(Still works). I'll have to upload a picture.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Jesus guys, do you all smash your DS's or something? I had my Fat DS for 3 years before the battery died and I got a DS Lite.

UberMario

Smash Master
I got my DS [fat] within a year of it's release, spent most of the time on it snaking in Mario Kart, spent more time with it than most of my systems, and I still don't even have a scratch on the screen . . . . . . .

Daddy Ash

Smash Apprentice
My DS lite has survived a lot of drops in it's life span, they're pretty durable tbh. Shame my DS keys got stuck after about 5 months :/

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I've dropped my DS Lite down the stairs before and it still works fine. (It was in my pocket and I guess I was running down the stairs pretty fast so it somehow got out...)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Dropped my Lite. Tis my 2nd one, due to idiotically letting somebody with anger management issues getting their hands on it.

My launch Phat still functions/turns on...but the top screen is smashed in, so it's only good as a GBA player.

M.K

Level 55
Alright, so I just beat the 6th Gym Leader. Probably the easiest gym in the entire game, so far, even easier than Gym 1 and Gym 3.

My team thus far:

@ Level 39
-Claw Sharpen
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Slash

@ Level 36
-Psycho Shock
-Thunder Wave
-Charge Beam
-Future Sight

@ Level 37
-Ice Beam
-Acid Armor
-Mirror Shot
-Mist

@ Level 37
-Boiling Water
-Fly
-Rain Dance
-Roost

@ Level 38
-Crunch
-Brick Break
-Hi Jump Kick
-Dig

Absolutely love this game so far.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I have absolutely no idea where to get TMs in Black. I'm at Mt. Neji right now anyway. Sweeping everything with mah Warubiaru. Overconfidence is the most broken ability ever.

M.K

Level 55
Hahaha, that's exactly where i am, PowerBomb.
You can buy TMs at the 2nd man at the Poke Marts. Like in Fukiyose City, you can get all the weather ones.

On the route before Mt. Neji, I found X-Scissor.

Just gotta go 'splorin. =)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
My brother dropped his DS while playing White, and it froze... and he hadn't saved in like a half-hour (I even told him to save like two minutes before this happened) and now he's all frustrated all over it and like "I'm never going to play this game again."

We have like a 5-hour car trip coming up so I know he won't be keeping that promise.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Beat the 7th Gym Leader.

Holy **** I really like the scene in Dragon Spiral Tower. Very cool area. Also Plasma Grunts are stupid.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
On the route before Mt. Neji, I found X-Scissor.
(I know I'm sure entering the discussion late, but...)
X-Scissor is so ****. I stuck it on my Daikenki along with Swords Dance and Aqua Tail. Sweeps everything that's not a combo of Dragon/Water/Fighting/Flying. :p

I'm at Victory Road.

What do you guys think of the new pseudo-legendary? It's got 125 base special (only 105 base attack) and can learn like Earthquake, Dark Pulse STAB, Earth Power, Draco Meteor STAB, Dragon Pulse STAB, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, and Thunder Wave/Dragon Tail STAB. TW/DT could be used to Paralyze every Poke on the opponent's team. Pretty ****.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
You don't have to spoiler new Pokemon. Personally, I think Gamefreak went a little nuts with the Speed tiers this gen. I'm also annoyed that they're not giving Flygon anything at all. Where's Swords Dance, or at least Dragon Dance?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
The new Pseudo can't boost his stats. I think he has like one or 2 crappy stat boosting moves.

That makes him not ****.

M.K

Level 55
I'm definitely not a fan of what they did with the speed this generation. Everything is either:

A) Horribly, horribly slow.
B) Occupying some disgustingly awkward/perfect/deathly speed niche tier. (Speeds 99/101/108/109/etc)
C) ******** fast

Top Bottom