• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

Wrath`

Smash Master
So Bulbapedia has the dex entries for the 5th gen pokemon,but in Japanese.

Google translator on Genosect's Dex entry:

What is this insect's elephants Pokemon you do it by the plasma. Some of them want you more power.

Thoughts?

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
So I've finally downloaded PO's 5th gen server. Does anyone mind telling me what it's like?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
@Wrath: I believe I've seen the real discription before. It said something about being stronger than an elephant and being created by team Plasma I believe

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Garchomp? Below OU?

Bahahahaahhahahhahahhahhahhahahahahahahhaahaaaaaa. Good Joke there.

(19:07:06) UltiMario: Spoiler: In gray version Probopass gets quick attack. Discuss.
(19:07:23) Heartly: Spoiler: Gary is gay
(19:07:47) UltiMario: Spoiler: Heartly is Gary
(19:07:54) Heartly: Well ****, I think I was outplayed.
(19:08:03) Heartly: Good game
(19:08:06) UltiMario: gg

****ing LOVE the Gen 5 test server.

(Server IP: 91.121.107.186)
So what do we download for this? Still the Machamp's Pants thing or what?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
My Riguree has pretty awful IVs, lol.

HP and Attack are 7-9
Defense is 2-5
Special Attack is 5
Its Special Defense is perfect, though.
And its Speed is 18-20.

At least it has a ~55 Power Hidden Power Ice.

Also my Pokémon are all delightfully overleveled. Dat Lucky Egg!

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
It's still awesome, though.
Wouldn't work nearly as well in an actual match, though, due to the fact that switching ruins the strategy.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
So I ditched the cricket and Desukan (Ghost-moves only is kinda meh) for Nettorei and Denchura. Denchura is a beast, while Nettorei (his pre-evo anyway) takes like no damage from anything. Plus Gyro Ball shenanigans.

M.K

Level 55
Quit with the one liners.

I may be doing a narrated Pokemon White walkthrough. I'm setting up the recording equipment tonight to see how it works. If the quality isn't great, I might reconsider.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Having perma-sleep means you don't have to worry about Sleep Talk selecting Rest.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Quit with the one liners.
I know this is off topic but since you posted it in this thread I'll do a real quick post here. PM me if you care enough to say anything about it:

So hey about one-liner rules.

They're extremely non-specific, controversial to enforce, and there's no real ideal for "what one liner is appropriate or not", so don't even act like there is. It should be obvious what post is SPAM or not, and by the real definition of SPAM in regards to this this topic, neither of them are it, regardless of length.

So yeah. One liners =/= bad as long as people don't suck and post things like-

Now back to B/W...

Hey I connected to the Global Link and it interestingly enough didn't stop my pirated copy from getting into it nor stopped it from getting DLC.

There's this one strange piece of DLC other than the Pikachu C Gear and the Starter Trio Pokedex that I'm still trying to figure out though. Has something to do with music in-game or something....

M.K

Level 55
. No Spam
Posts that are irrelevant to or inappropriate for the topic of discussion are considered spam, including off-topic posts/threads, posts with no substantive content, posts that simply restate things that have already been said, and posts that include questions that have already been answered. Do not attempt to bypass the minimum characters per post restriction (also known as "10char").
One liners are posts without substantive content.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Wait a minute. What am I missing here? Rest resetting counters when switching out? That doesn't influence Sleep Talk's percent chance of selecting Rest, does it?
Okay, correct me if I'm wrong, but these are the sets we are comparing:

Aerodactyl @ Leftovers
Rest / Sleep Talk / Whirlwind / Roar

Aerodactyl @ Swimming Goggles
Sleep Talk / Whirlwind / Roar

The first one relies on Rest to fall asleep. Sleep Talk has a 67% chance of phazing.

The second one doesn't need to use a move to fall asleep. Sleep Talk has a 100% chance of phazing.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Okay, correct me if I'm wrong, but these are the sets we are comparing:

Aerodactyl @ Leftovers
Rest / Sleep Talk / Whirlwind / Roar

Aerodactyl @ Swimming Goggles
Sleep Talk / Whirlwind / Roar

The first one relies on Rest to fall asleep. Sleep Talk has a 67% chance of phazing.

The second one doesn't need to use a move to fall asleep. Sleep Talk has a 100% chance of phazing.
Swimming Goggles exist? I thought they were a rumour?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Oh.

Tery doesn't know that the Swimming Goggles were rumoured to make all non-water types carrying the item to become asleep. :<

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Oh.

Tery doesn't know that the Swimming Goggles were rumoured to make all non-water types carrying the item to become asleep. :<
I see.

Well.

Now I feel really dumb. Which I should. But I digress. Are the sleep counters still reset when you switch out as I briefly noted before?

Top Bottom