• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

kaid

Smash Master
Deoxys still doesn't compare to Lucario, for varous reasons. Deoxys was FR/LG's "event legendary", just like Mew, Celebii, and Jiraichi before. He showed up late in the 3rd gen, and had little influence on the pokemon franchise.

Lucario, on the other hand, you can walk up to any D/P player, and they will recognize the name, usually favorably. He was one of the prime subjects of debate leading up to the release of D/P, much as you say Blaziken was. He appeared in the game maunals for goodness sake.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Deoxys still doesn't compare to Lucario, for varous reasons.(How? I just showed that it had a crap load of advertizement. . . which according to you makes up a reason to be crowned a "mascot") Deoxys was FR/LG's "event legendary", just like Mew, Celebii, and Jiraichi before (Like OMGZ, it's like Im being hit with all the anti-Deoxy reasons I came up with in our (and my other) past arguements:psycho:. he had, to some degree, more advertizement than other 3rd gen pokemon and was really popular. . . how is that much different than Lucario?). He showed up late in the 3rd gen, and had little influence on the pokemon franchise.(???Que??? Deoxy's movie came out in 05 which was one year after RS came out here . . . so how is that "late in the 3rd gen"? And what pokemon has a huge influence on the series other than Pika and his Pika rips?)

Lucario, on the other hand, you can walk up to any D/P player, and they will recognize the name, usually favorably ( What? I can walk up to any D/P player and ask them who Buizel is and they will recognize the name. . . .and I KNOW alot of D/P players who like him because he is a otter. What was your point?) .. He was one of the prime subjects of debate leading up to the release of D/P, much as you say Blaziken was (And much like Deoxy was. . .). He appeared in the game maunals for goodness sake. (And so did the trainers. . . :ohwell:)
Lol:laugh:.

It's funny. . . . I know for a fact that you was all "Deoxy for brawl" before the ball came upon him. Interesting. . . .

kaid

Smash Master
You have yet to show evidence of actual advertisement with deoxys. you have only shown off the same merchendise that, as you said, any pokemon of note produces.

Black/Light

Smash Master
You have yet to show evidence of actual advertisement with deoxys. you have only shown off the same merchendise that, as you said, any pokemon of note produces.
Well what do you perfer to see as advertizement?

He had a movie and a anime spec/ he has more crap produces than most other pokemon of his gen/ he has a line of booster packs devoted to him to advertize E/FR/LG and he is even the last boss of the ranger games.

He has advertized GAMES with the E/Fr/Lg booster pack stuff + his movie ( came out around that time) and he has a whole lot of other things other pokemon don't really commonly get without being used to market something.

Your point?

kaid

Smash Master

The creators of that banner in the backround considered Lucario important enough to balance Munch AND the electabuzz evo... at the game's japaneese launch.

Can Deoxys match that?

Black/Light

Smash Master
The creators of that banner in the backround considered Lucario important enough to balance Munch AND the electabuzz evo... at the game's japaneese launch.

Can Deoxys match that?
. . . .So your taking size of a character on a banner into acount now?:confused:
(grabing at stews are we?)

Pokejet:p
(Note Munch is on it and not Lucario. . . which shows us who is really seen as a mascot)

Micahc

Smash Ace
. . . .So your taking size of a character on a banner into acount now?:confused:

(Note Munch is on it and not Lucario. . . which shows us who is really seen as a mascot)
Wasn't Muchlax revealed long before Lucario? Correct me if I'm wrong but that might be the reason he's on there and Lucario's not. And heck, Lucario could be on the other side of the jet! And why the heck are we still debating about Deoxys?!

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wasn't Muchlax revealed long before Lucario? Correct me if I'm wrong but that might be the reason he's on there and Lucario's not. And heck, Lucario could be on the other side of the jet! And why the heck are we still debating about Deoxys?!
Yes, he was the first 4th gen pokemon we knew of (which was part of my point about icons, mascots and so on).

And no, Lucario aint on the other side. The other side has the other 2 RS starters, M2, Mew and the Pichu bros where P&M are.

And we aint really debating Deoxys as much as we are debating about how simlure they (Lucario and Deoxys) were in terms of exposure, advertizement and popularity before Deoxy got balled.

Pokebrawl

Smash Journeyman

Sorry B/L, gotta take the Lucario side. Lucario isn't on it because Munchlax was revealed waaaay before Lucario, and this was used mainly to advertise the 3rd gen - the only non-third gen poks on there are Pikachu (duh) Munchlax (newly revealed/only Pokemon to represent 4th gen) and Celebi (cute legendary of 2nd gen).

I would aso like to use this picture to point out that Plusle&Minun take up a huge amount of space on the plane, and even if only one of them was on there it would be bigger than Munchlax AND Deoxys.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Sorry B/L, gotta take the Lucario side. Lucario isn't on it because Munchlax was revealed waaaay before Lucario, (I already said that. That was part of my point) and this was used mainly to advertise the 3rd gen - the only non-third gen poks on there are Pikachu (duh) Munchlax (newly revealed/only Pokemon to represent 4th gen (My point was that he was being used to advertize the 4th gen and is still doing so now) ) and Celebi (cute legendary of 2nd gen).

I would aso like to use this picture to point out that Plusle&Minun take up a huge amount of space on the plane, and even if only one of them was on there it would be bigger than Munchlax AND Deoxys. ( I had this up on the P&M thread ;). This is one of the many, MANY things they are used for in poke-marketing)
Reply in bold.

Oh, and for the record that pic was a responds to his "show me something with Deoxy that was "on pare" to the pic of the banner with Lucario on one side". I was simply showing that Deoxys had major face time at some point or atleast more than that banner he posted which he assumed was more than Deoxys had.

Tony_

Smash Ace
I'm not expecting ANY 4th gen pokemon in brawl AT ALL, despite how popular Lucario is. If anything, were getting Blaziken as a playable, since we need a 3rd generation character to play as.

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
tony ur amongst the smart ones here, there will be no playable 4th gen at all, doesnt matter how popular any 4th genners r, they havnt shown any 3rd gens yet so thats wat they're obviously gonna do

gg -____-

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Wow. I never thought I'd see the Poke'plane analyzed so...severely. Congrats on being true Poke'nerds, guys.

Lucario is more popular/important/canine than Deoxys.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wow. I never thought I'd see the Poke'plane analyzed so...severely. Congrats on being true Poke'nerds, guys.

Lucario is more popular (Amoung who? Smash fans or Pokemon fans. . .or normal people? (Smash fans is the only one I see)/important (How? Please explain)/canine (I think thats a bad thing. If Wolf and K fox get in than Lucario would make 4 K9s in brawl. . .) than Deoxys.
Darkrai FTW!

kaid

Smash Master
Technically, Fox and Krystal are vulpine, and Wolf is lupine. Bill and General Pepper are the only named canines in the series.

...what? I'm a furry, I know these things.

And I'll bet online vs win/loss records that Darkrai will be pokeballed.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Technically, Fox and Krystal are vulpine, and Wolf is lupine. Bill and General Pepper are the only named canines in the series.

...what? I'm a furry, I know these things.
Though I do not approve of the massive, burning flames you about to suffer, I can't say you didn't ask for it. :(

As far as Smash goes, we've already got a bird, a few small mammals, an indeterminate mammal (or two,) a vulpine/canine/wtfe, and a big angry reptile: I don't think Sakurai is going to much care what bloody branch of evolution he's 'repping' by putting Lucario in, Black/Light. ;P If it's really that important, then following that logic, the next Pokemon in is Seaking. And we all know he's massively overpowered.

This whole 'unique animal/element' thing does, of course, matter. It's nice to have variety. But I doubt anybody on the dev team is using it as a real, solid basis for choosing characters. I imagine it's actually pretty far down the list, actually.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . .Technically, they all "look like (are)" members under the family tree called canids (Basically, their all in the same group. Like how Chimchar, DK and Diddy are all "monkeys/ Non-human primates")

...what? I'm a furry, I know these things. (Good for you. Maybe you can hook me up with some good sites)

And I'll bet online vs win/loss records that Darkrai will be pokeballed. (Lets bump it up a lil. You give me your list of pokemon getting into brawl, I give you mean and who ever gets the most right wins the bet (Deoxy was pokey balled and he has been on your 40 w/e character list for a long time now. . . Im calling Gard for my list.) )
And to Prinny, We don't know just how Sakurai is picking them (I think that playstyle/ look and over-all creativity play a hand in who he sees as unique) . . . but to say that something being like 3 other MORE likely characters (one who is confirmed) is a plus for it being in Brawl is pretty wrong IMO.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
And to Prinny, We don't know just how Sakurai is picking them (I think that playstyle/ look and over-all creativity play a hand in who he sees as unique) . . . but to say that something being like 3 other MORE likely characters (one who is confirmed) is a plus for it being in Brawl is pretty wrong IMO.
But...I didn't say that, mate. I didn't say it was a 'plus', I said it's irrelevant. We've already got a bird, mammals large and small, and two reptiles. I don't think putting another anthropomorphic dog-looking thing in there is going to matter.

The worst thing that could happen is that Krystal/Wolf gets in there, so we've got, what, Fox, Krystal/Wolf, and Lucario out of 40 characters. If they're all good characters, Sakurai probably wouldn't hesitate to put them in, even if, "Oh no, they're not super-hyper-original." You'd just end up with an event match joking about "Smash's Canid stars come out to play!"

Playstyle and look/attitude probably play a big part in his choices, but I don't think overall creativity can be that incredibly important and still have the roster be attractive and balanced. They've got to be creative enough for each character to stand out and be interesting -- sure. But honestly, he CAN'T pick and choose only characters that are massively 'new' and 'different.' We'd end up with like 10 freaking characters who are oddball-style innovations and none of it would even stand out because the roster's so bogged down with 'originality.' You make everyone special, and in the end no one is special.

Black/Light

Smash Master
But...I didn't say that, mate. I didn't say it was a 'plus', I said it's irrelevant.
The person to which I was first replying to (where I said that it could be a strike against him) is on the top of the page and said this. .

Lucario is more popular/important/canine than Deoxys.
Thats the person I was refering to when I said that last bit.

kaid

Smash Master
Alright, I'll take that.

Playable
Pikachu
Mewtwo
-50% chance of puff
Gardevor
Lucario
0-2 other Pokemon

Pokeball
All 12 starter evolution lines
All legendarys, bar mewtwo
Goldiene(sp?)
and others which I will not attempt to predict, but given the inclusion of the Bumper, Meowth has a good chance of returning from the 64.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
It's funny how everyone here seems to root for Lucario to be in the game when I have never seen anyone who actually plays Diamond and Pearl use him on their team. I guess Lucario is just more popular with the smashers than he is with the pokemon fans.

Black/Light

Smash Master
My list.

Pika
Jpuff-Buneary-Lopunny
M2
Gard
P&M-Pachirus(sp) to replace Pichu.
Blaze
(Other pokemon I think COULD get in but with a lesser chance)
Munchlax/ Meowth/ Darkrai or some 2nd gen pokemon

(oh, and Im still waiting on those furry sites. Really, if you got some good ones than share please;))

missionMARIO

Smash Rookie
Lucario would be amazing!
with his unique way of fighting i could see many people wanting to be him.
screw jigglypuff man!

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
I chose hitmonlee cause what would moveset would Lucario have?
I chose Lucario because what kind of moveset with Hitmonlee have? OHH SEE WHAT I DID THERE???

In all seriousness, both characters can have logical movesets. =/

Wrath`

Smash Master
wierd how we have actuall conversation and then 10 post of I w2anTZ Thiz PokEmANZ FErZZz BRawlz.

I wonder were did the all starter must be pokeballed crap originate from?

Top Bottom