• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Pokebrawl

Smash Journeyman
Well, anyone think that there is only gonna be 3rd gen Pokemon this time around? I mean, think about it:

1. Though Brawl's release date is scheduled much later than Diamond and Pearl, developement for it started long before DP was revealed, atleast 2 years ago.
2. There will probably be about 5 Pokemon in the game, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo being secure bets for Brawl, and Pichu will more than likely get the boot due to unoriginality and overall weakness. That leaves two spots that woulld be horrible if the 4th and 3rd gen would have to split these ever-so-important character slots.
3. So far, the only new Pokemon we've seen are from the 3rd gen. Coincidence? I think not.

So, with that, and the ugly Deoxys Ball'd that only leaves 2 pokemon reasonable Pokeon to represent the 3rd gen: Plusle & Minun and Blaziken!

No, commence with the agreeing or flaming!

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
1. Though Brawl's release date is scheduled much later than Diamond and Pearl, developement for it started long before DP was revealed, atleast 2 years ago.
Did you ever think that development for Diamond and Pearl began before Brawl? I wouldn't be too surprised if the creators of Pokemon and Smash all got together and hatched up a plan to popularize Lucario for his inclusion in Brawl. There's been a movie, he was one of the first announced pokemon of the 4th gen, and he's had a lot of merchandise surprisingly. Head over to Japan Town or some place where they might sell Pokemon action figures and you'll see lots of Lucario stuff. Maybe not as much as Pikachu and friends, but he's still pretty popular.

Edit: Forgot to flameyou. You fail just like Bratz the movie will.
And Torkoal is my favorite 3rd gen pokemon. Just look at that beast!

Pokebrawl

Smash Journeyman
Did you ever think that development for Diamond and Pearl began before Brawl? I wouldn't be too surprised if the creators of Pokemon and Smash all got together and hatched up a plan to popularize Lucario for his inclusion in Brawl. There's been a movie, he was one of the first announced pokemon of the 4th gen, and he's had a lot of merchandise surprisingly. Head over to Japan Town or some place where they might sell Pokemon action figures and you'll see lots of Lucario stuff. Maybe not as much as Pikachu and friends, but he's still pretty popular.
Brawl is the Nintendo game to top all Nintendo games. I'm pretty positive its developement began before Pokemon Diamond and Pearl did.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Ah, but you dont know that, do you? If you didn't already know this, most of the pokemon were created before RBY even came out so it doesn't even matter which went into development first. All the pokemon that were scheduled for D/P's release have been in creation for a long time already.

And I'm pretty sure both games have been in production for a long time. To think the time periods wouldn't overlap would be silly.

Go Torkoal and Dunsparce!

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, except Blaziken has really short arms and when he shows up in Brawl, most of his hand to hand moves will involve kicking, with the exception of Skyuppercut.
His arms are no longer than proportionate to a human. His legs are slightly longer, but his arms are nothing to scoff at.

The think about Blaziken is that, unlike Lucario for example, his fighting style is more closely-nit, is not as flashy or aerial as Lucario's, with quick shifts and slides of his legs to propell himself close enough for jabs and hooks. Almost like Captain Falcon, except without that "EXTREME" style to everything. Blaziken is a bit more subtle.

Pokebrawl

Smash Journeyman
If you didn't already know this, most of the pokemon were created before RBY even came out so it doesn't even matter which went into development first. All the pokemon that were scheduled for D/P's release have been in creation for a long time already.
I really doubt this. I don't know if you noticed but the Pokemon have been getting more complicated as the generations progress. Give me proof, and not just how Sugimori stated they wanted to include Gastrodon in RSE.

And I'm pretty sure both games have been in production for a long time. To think the time periods wouldn't overlap would be silly.
Agreed.

commonyoshi said:
Go Torkoal and Dunsparce!
Thanks for reminding me. Torkoal over Blaziken any day ; D.

kaid

Smash Master
Just a note. Brawl developement had NOT begun, as of E3 '05. Heck, the team hadn't even been assembled yet. Sakurai spent until TGS the same year just getting the team together.

omgSSBBsoon

Smash Rookie
deoxis is defeneyley not going to be in, he has allready been added as a pokemon (like the ones that come out of pokeballs)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
With Deoxys de-comfirmed, I think the final Pokemon roster will be:
1.Pikachu
2.Jiggs
3.Mewtwo
4.Lucario

Maybe Blazekein or *sigh* Meowth [even though I don't see it happening=was a Pokeball Pokemon in SSB64, but that's not my reasoning]. Watever, I think most will agree with me on that one.

omgSSBBsoon

Smash Rookie
With Deoxys de-comfirmed, I think the final Pokemon roster will be:
1.Pikachu
2.Jiggs
3.Mewtwo
4.Lucario

Maybe Blazekein or *sigh* Meowth [even though I don't see it happening=was a Pokeball Pokemon in SSB64, but that's not my reasoning]. Watever, I think most will agree with me on that one.
its ok but, i dont like mewtwo he is soo slow....

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
What makes you so sure Mewtwo is slow? Mewtwo looks slow, but he's not one of the slowest. Plus who's to say he can't be made faster?

Black/Light

Smash Master
His arms are no longer than proportionate to a human. His legs are slightly longer, but his arms are nothing to scoff at.

The think about Blaziken is that, unlike Lucario for example, his fighting style is more closely-nit, is not as flashy or aerial as Lucario's, with quick shifts and slides of his legs to propell himself close enough for jabs and hooks. Almost like Captain Falcon, except without that "EXTREME" style to everything. Blaziken is a bit more subtle.
. . . .IDK what your talking about:ohwell:.

Blaze's first type is Fire and theres a crap load of flashy fire attacks well Lucario's first type is fighting so normal fighting would work for most of it's move-set.

Just a note. Brawl developement had NOT begun, as of E3 '05. Heck, the team hadn't even been assembled yet. Sakurai spent until TGS the same year just getting the team together.
He had been plaining in that time. So yea, it's foundation and plaining where being made in that time so it was early devilopment.

And who in their right mind thinks Sakurai met up with GameFreak inorder to make Lucario popular?
And who in their right mind thinks most pokemon where made before RGY came out?

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Blaze's first type is Fire and theres a crap load of flashy fire attacks well Lucario's first type is fighting so normal fighting would work for most of it's move-set.
..I'm talking about his A-button attacks. :p You honestly expect a physical-power monster like Blaziken to use elemental attacks for his physical strikes? Maybe as a powerup like C.Falcon.

Black/Light

Smash Master
..I'm talking about his A-button attacks. :p You honestly expect a physical-power monster like Blaziken to use elemental attacks for his physical strikes? Maybe as a powerup like C.Falcon.
. . . .Now that I read it I don't see what your talking about. Blaze has a "more close nit fighting stlye" and that Lucario is flashyer in that respect?

Where are you getting these assumptions?

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
And who in their right mind thinks Sakurai met up with GameFreak inorder to make Lucario popular?
You guys can have all this crazy cake about movesets. But as far as this one is concerned. Sakurai (like you've probably heard a MILLION times,) was chosen to make Smash BECAUSE he's good at talking with many people. Sakurai most definitely has been talking with folks behind every series repped in Brawl from day one. Did he 'meet with GameFreak to make Lucario popular?' Umm..no? But you can be ****ed sure Sakurai DID meet with GameFreak in general while DP was in development, to talk about existing pokemon, and also to look at the new batch and see if any were Brawl material.

We know Sakurai was talking to The Pokemon Company (WHOEVER is in charge of the thing nowadays,) while making Brawl because that's part of his -job.- I would be willing to bet some pretty healthy change that either Sakurai asked about or Pokemon Company tried to pitch 4th genners that could possibly function in Brawl and represent their newest title.

I think it's pretty healthy to assume that The Pokemon Company would've told Sakurai at this time about Lucario: A pokemon who is neither too big or too small for Brawl (See: Most Legendaries,) a future point of marketing (AKA: he's starring in a movie, he'll be pretty big in the game, and we're already printing up the stationary with his face on it,) more notable than most 'non-legendaries,' and already ready to fight.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
i hope they make him faster, in SSBM he is too slow, i used to use him, but i dont like him anymore, at least in SSBmelee
He was the lowest tier character in Melee, lol! XD Hopefully he'll have a exellent smash to smash recovery, like Samus in the same position from SSB64 to Melee. That was a great comeback, from one of the worst two characters, to one of high tier characters. Amazing comback to say the least.

Overall Mewtwo needs to weigh more than Ness and YLink [instead of rivaling Pichu in weight], be a lot stronger, have a better/stronger B moveset, have maybe somewat better recovery, a lot more damaging/have more impactable A moveset, etc. In other words, all of his stats need to be higher, HIGHER I SAY! He just needs to be totally redone, to say the least of things. ;)

@ PrinnyFlute
Thank you for unbaised points, and mad props to you! ;) Good to know I made a bet Lucario is in Brawl...btw, if the person who I made the bet drops out [I did the bet over the SWF, LMFAO], who likes flamming=??? Lucario is the 5th or 6th most desired character for Brawl IMO and in my analysis of fanbases. I'd say the top 10 most desired [reasonable] characters[there goes Naruto fools!] will probably all make it [minus some 3rd party characters]. :)

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
. . . .Now that I read it I don't see what your talking about. Blaze has a "more close nit fighting stlye" and that Lucario is flashyer in that respect?

Where are you getting these assumptions?
Assumptions? Do you have a problem with the way I describe their fighting style? o.O

I am describing simply what is shown both in the animations and in the 3D stadium games.

flicker

Smash Journeyman
Also the Pokemon need to have jumps so they pretty much have to be in humanoid form.

I saw this other guys recommendation for a Rapidash, what would its Up+B be?

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Also the Pokemon need to have jumps so they pretty much have to be in humanoid form.

1. Pikachu isn't very humanoid at all.

2. Megahorn? lol

Drascin

Smash Journeyman

In D/P, Rapidash gets a Fly-like move. Jump, or bounce or somesuch. Thing is, a very high jump and landing on the opponent's head. I'd say it'd fit.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
Lucario hands down. He could use as his special focus blast and hits the whole field if he is at the end of the level. He can punch, kick, throw, Hold down right + B to do Mach punch. I can see him doing all that in Smash brothers brawl. Very very good chance of winning the vote which he is ,over 100 more votes than others. Very reasonable and great choice.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
I say they should stick with red/blue pokemon that everyone in the world knows. Charizard would be the best new pokemon, considering his popularity(remember the pokemon TCG days?) and i would prefer a heavyer pokemon reather than a light one like the rest. Only hardcore fans of pokemon know who lucario is.

Rapiido

Smash Cadet
In D/P, Rapidash gets a Fly-like move. Jump, or bounce or somesuch. Thing is, a very high jump and landing on the opponent's head. I'd say it'd fit.
That would be Bounce and Rapidash learnt it in the 3rd Gen, not 4th Gen.

And sure it has a chance. It'd be an interesting character to control. =P

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
I say they should stick with red/blue pokemon that everyone in the world knows. Charizard would be the best new pokemon, considering his popularity(remember the pokemon TCG days?) and i would prefer a heavyer pokemon reather than a light one like the rest. Only hardcore fans of pokemon know who lucario is.
R/B/G pokemon everyone can recognize? You mean, like...Pikachu? Or Jigglypuff? Or maybe Mewtwo?

Black/Light

Smash Master
What in the name of the goddess Martel are you talking about?

You guys can have all this crazy cake about movesets. But as far as this one is concerned. Sakurai (like you've probably heard a MILLION times,) was chosen to make Smash BECAUSE he's good at talking with many people. (When was this said? Sakurai lead the making of smash for Hal back when he worked for them probly because they felt he was the best person to do the job (Smash plays alot like Kirby in terms of being a side scrolling 2D game. . . and Sakurai made Kirby). Not just because he can "talk with other people".) Sakurai most definitely has been talking with folks behind every series repped in Brawl from day one. (I think we are forgetting another important party in Smash, Miyamoto. Miyamoto is probly the one that gets these talks underway. . . .I don't think Sakurai just knows all these people on his own (Only people I heard talk about him where Zelda's dev and Miyamoto).) Did he 'meet with GameFreak to make Lucario popular?' Umm..no? (? mark. . . .how is this even a lil bit logical?) But you can be ****ed sure Sakurai DID meet with GameFreak in general while DP was in development, to talk about existing pokemon, and also to look at the new batch and see if any were Brawl material. (I actually dont know what your going on about:ohwell:. I REALLY don't think he sits around having meettings with dev after dev about every thing he does. Hell, look at Pitt. Kid Icarus dev sounded like he had no idea what Sakurai did too Pitt's model but said that he would like to use that model of Pitt if he where to make a new KI game after the E3 vid was shown (in a joking manner). Something like that was also said after Fox came out (That the next SF game will use that model. . .. said a long time ago so IDK the link).
Could he have met with GF before hand about whats new in the pokey world? Sure, why not. I don't think they would select whatever is "Brawl marterial" but would probly just show him what Pokemon are in the game/ thier art work maybe.)

We know Sakurai was talking to The Pokemon Company (WHOEVER is in charge of the thing nowadays,) while making Brawl because that's part of his -job.- (As seen with Pitt he doesn't "HAVE" to keep them in the loop about every thing. Im willing to bet that his main outlet is Miyamoto seeing as Miyamoto is connected to all these people and knows these characters well) I would be willing to bet some pretty healthy change that either Sakurai asked about or Pokemon Company tried to pitch 4th genners that could possibly function in Brawl and represent their newest title. (Why would GF "pitch" 4th gen pokemon to Sakurai? And the games been out in Japan sence last year, I don't think he really needed too much "behind the door" peeks inorder to know what he wanted for the one or maybe 2 4th gen slots:ohwell:. For all we know he could have just asked for the Pika rip of the 4th gen and chose the others from the 3rd.)

I think it's pretty healthy to assume that The Pokemon Company would've told Sakurai at this time about Lucario: A pokemon who is neither too big or too small for Brawl (See: Most Legendaries,) a future point of marketing (AKA: he's starring in a movie, (Good goddess I which people would stop this Movie crap. Look at Deoxy) he'll be pretty big in the game, (What? Lucario isn't important in the game and he aint used too much more for marketing than too many other 4th gens) and we're already printing up the stationary with his face on it,) more notable than most 'non-legendaries,' and already ready to fight.(And Sakurai could have very well said ". . . .f*** Lucario" like he did Deoxys. Hell, the only pokemon on his "this interest me" list was Gard and some trainer, he could very well not care about the things your listing)
And I have no idea how you said all of that in replying to one statment of mean saying that Sakurai and GF didn't meet up to make LUcario popular. . .

Assumptions? Do you have a problem with the way I describe their fighting style? o.O (Yea)

I am describing simply what is shown both in the animations and in the 3D stadium games.
Doesn't mean either one would fight like that in smash (that was my point).

kabobrocks

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna have to go with Lucario on this one. It seems like one of the only ones that is capable of being a character

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
A fistfull of crap.
It was when they announced that Sakurai would be making Brawl. Miyamoto himself said that Sakurai was very important to Brawl because of his networking abilities. (Yes, obviously, Sakurai's skill as a game designer in general is also very important: he made some of the best 16-bit games we've ever known. That much is obvious.) Networking is an EXTREMELY important skill for even regular game designers, let alone one making a game based on so many different franchises. In the interview with Aonuma, he even said that when Brawl was announced it was the only thing anybody at Nintendo could think about for a while. Sakurai's job most likely consists of overseeing the entirety of the development of the game and conversing with franchise heads to see what will work and what they would like, what compromises can be made for the benefit of Brawl. "Talking to people," is a HUGE part of ANY game designer's job. They don't just sit at their desk freaking writing essays about how to make the game properly: they're running around their offices, dealing with teams of programmers, artists, and others to make sure a cohesive game vision is coming together as a whole. And, yes, Sakurai has the added load of regularly talking to people in charge of multiple franchises. He's in charge of Smash because he's good at all of this and MORE.

You said something about Sakurai and GameFreak meeting just 'to make Lucario popular.' I said no, they wouldn't do that. Obviously.

So(supposedly,) Pit's designer didn't see the model and redesign until after it was finished. What does this have to do with anything? It just means that Sakurai didn't show it to him during the period of time where they were making it. That's like a two week span of time. The only point here is that Sakurai didn't meet with the manager of a tiny, old franchise for like two weeks during development. ? And (supposedly) they like the Fox model so they're going to use it in the next Star Fox. How does that signify that Sakurai hadn't been talking to them regularly anyway?

Would they select what is "Brawl material?" Maybe. Look, there's literally only one of three ways this could have gone down.
1) GameFreak shows Sakurai all new 4th gen pokemon. Marketing DOES play a role in this, so they point out the ones that will be used to push the gen, noting them a little aside from all the rest. Dialga, Palkia, Darkrai, Munchlax, Lucario, whoever else whoever else. Sakurai knows he exists along with the rest.
2) Sakurai outright asks "I want to see them all, but (because he's a very respectful man, as we know,) is there anybody you think would be good for the game?" A number of them would certainly be mentioned, along with Lucario. Sakurai knows he exists, along with the rest.
3) Either party tenaciously asks or presents relevant pokemon right off the bat. Sakurai asks questions like, "So I heard about Lucario/Darkrai/Gallade(?)," or The Pokemon Company says, "Actually, we've got a few already lined up we think would be pretty good for the game, (our pokemans, let us show you them.)" Sakurai knows he exists, and he has even been relatively pushed for the position.

As far as I'm concerned, there's no way in hell Sakurai could've gone to talk to TPC about the new batch of pokeymans and Lucario COULDN'T have come up.

Again, um, no, he doesn't have to keep everyone constantly in the loop, as you said. But Sakurai WOULD have spoken with all parties before he finalized the character roster selection. Simple as that.

We don't know what 4th genners Sakurai 'picked.' NOWHERE did I say that Sakurai factually saw Lucario and went HE'S IN THE GAME! I simply keep responding to the same points: Sakurai had to have known about Lucario, and there's a good chance he knew about Nintendo's push for him from the marketing department as well. YES, he could've said, "Screw Lucario, let's put in Probopass!" It's a possibility. But the simple argument presented here is this, AGAIN:
1) Sakurai had to have known about Lucario before finalizing the roster.
2) Sakurai very likely knew how much Nintendo was going to hype Lucario for the fourth gen.

Following this logic: Sakurai most likely knows that Lucario is going to be very well hyped and likely widely known. He is an appropriate size for Brawl, generally uses moves that could both be bent into an interesting moveset while very well-fitting for a fighting game, and has loads of personality (whether you like that personality or not is, unfortunately, irrelevant.)

Like him or not...these are fairly solid assumptions that state that Lucario, simply, has a good chance of being in Brawl. If you can't honestly fess up to these facts and admit he has a good chance of being in the game, then you're not even trying to properly debate.

If you want to tell me he 'shouldn't be in,' he's boring, that there are many other more interesting pokemon, feel free. That's great. But the fact remains: he is a contender for that open spot.

And Jesus, what's with you people and having seizure-fits about the movie? It...exists, doesn't it? That means it matters. People bought the DVD. Period: it matters. Deoxys and his movie aren't really much for a point of comparison. As a candidate, he has a number of features that make him less likely, and frankly, he accrued very little personality during the course of his movie. To the best of my knowledge, he didn't even have any speaking roles during the film: just during his 'highlight' episode of the show. (And even that was through Meowth...like Haunter did.) Long and short: Deoxys is a bit less fitting for Brawl in the first place, and his role in his movie was pretty much inferior to the amount of character development and screentime Lucario received. Lucario had a movie that developed his character and sold DVDs. I'm pretty sure nobody's going, "HE HAD A MOVIE HE'S IN BRAWL LULZ" We're just saying: that movie counts, and contributes to his popularity, and to how important he is to Nintendo in general. In a proper, open debate, this a major point and can't simply be swept under the rug.

As far as DP is concerned, if you rank by Pokemon that actually somewhat have storylines snippets involving their capture, Lucario is the #1 non-Legendary. Otherwise, you've got that balloon thing, Rotom, some Unown...Happini?

Yes, he could have said "**** Lucario." Duely noted. It's completely possible he DOESN'T care about Lucario being a popular fourth gen icon or his relative commercial success. But more than likely Sakurai would at least consider these things. Again, saying, "he could treat Lucario as he did Deoxys," is a moot point. At the very least, they're very different candidates. Venturing further than that, you could easily say Deoxys was simply a less likely candidate in the first place.

But we're not talking about remote possibilities Sakurai could've done. (Most) pro-Lucario fans aren't saying, "He WILL be in Brawl!" We're talking about probable events. And when you add all the facts (marketing, merchandising, fanbase, personality, icon-status,) and all the reliable assumptions (Sakurai -most definitely- knows he exists, Sakurai at the very least considers Nintendo's/developers feelings,) then the logical conclusion is pretty simple: Lucario's got some pretty ****ed good chances.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So(supposedly,) Pit's designer didn't see the model and redesign until after it was finished. What does this have to do with anything? It just means that Sakurai didn't show it to him during the period of time where they were making it.
Didn't the designer of Pit die in a car accident in 1997? Well...it was the producer who also produced Metroid, but I think he's also the one who first designed Pit. Then no one would have been able to ask him in the first place, so Sakurai gets the freedom to make Pit look like what he is in Brawl.

Sakurai must have seen most, if not all, of the 4th generation Pokemon before they were released to the public. If he were to choose which Pokemon to be playable, it would have to be a Pokemon he likes along with the general public. That means even if the public likes Lucario, if he doesn't like it, Lucario might end up in a Pokeball instead. I wouldn't know if he likes Lucario or not so I can't say a thing about it.

I would like to see Probopass come out of a Pokeball.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Didn't the designer of Pit die in a car accident in 1997? Well...it was the producer who also produced Metroid, but I think he's also the one who first designed Pit. Then no one would have been able to ask him in the first place, so Sakurai gets the freedom to make Pit look like what he is in Brawl.

Sakurai must have seen most, if not all, of the 4th generation Pokemon before they were released to the public. If he were to choose which Pokemon to be playable, it would have to be a Pokemon he likes along with the general public. That means even if the public likes Lucario, if he doesn't like it, Lucario might end up in a Pokeball instead. I wouldn't know if he likes Lucario or not so I can't say a thing about it.

I would like to see Probopass come out of a Pokeball.
Bah, I was just responding to Black/Light talking about SOMEBODY behind Kid Icarus being surprised about Pit's new redesign. But yeah.

Yup. For the most part, it's in Sakurai's hands. He's a pretty humble guy, so we can be relatively sure he'll stick with what Nintendo nudges him to pick/what's popular if the difference between that and the next choice down is pretty far and away in terms of popularity etc. (If Nintendo went "Hey, we think you should put Blaziken in the game," and there was suddenly a Blaziken parade in Akihabara for some reason, Sakurai wouldn't just go BLAZIKEN SUCKS. He'd probably just shrug it and acknowledge what the folks want. Honestly, I think when it comes to choosing between two characters, knowing how humble he is? He'd only choose based on personal preference when the popularity/fan love/playable/etc gap is pretty close.)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I really doubt this. I don't know if you noticed but the Pokemon have been getting more complicated as the generations progress. Give me proof, and not just how Sugimori stated they wanted to include Gastrodon in RSE.
No, I really do mean the creator of pokemon had about a thousand pokemon made before RBY even came out. He obviously couldn't put all of them into one game due to hardware limitations, and frankly, I doubt anyone would want to catch a thousand pokemon in one go.

You said something about Sakurai and GameFreak meeting just 'to make Lucario popular.' I said no, they wouldn't do that. Obviously.
"Obviously"? So developers coming together to discuss co-operation in big budget games they're working on is improbable?

I was the one who came up with this situation, by the way. I never said it happened, just that it's a possibility, and when you look at how much attention Lucario is getting I wouldn't be all that surprised if it was true if at some point they planned it out. It would be a good buisiness move for sure. That's undeniable.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
"Obviously"? So developers coming together to discuss co-operation in big budget games they're working on is improbable?
All I know is what Black/Light said, honestly. And the impression I got from 'Sakurai and Gamefreak meeting to make Lucario popular' is that the decision to make Lucario a marketing lynchpin via movie and merchandising was made by Sakurai and Gamefreak in some strange clandestine meeting. Which I do think is pretty well impossible, because I'm willing to bet my bippy (I said bippy, hurr,) that plans for Lucario's movie were in the works a good bit before they even started development on Brawl. Animated features take time. Not that it's impossible that Nintendo would do a big character tour de force with a long string of apperances in animated features, merchandising, and multiple big games, but the timing seems off for that to be the case with Lucario.

Of course, dev houses collaborating is practically a must for a game like Brawl, which is something I stated repeatedly in my wall-of-text. Sakurai is certainly working with...whoever's in charge of this stuff now. But I think the only things Sakurai has to do with Lucario's popularity is A) considering his current status as a factor as to whether or not he's in Brawl and B) contributing to it by dropping him in Brawl.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Like I have been saying, were not getting any 4th generation Pokemon in Brawl period. Lucario wasn't even known to the public until about 05-06 and the game must have been in development in 06 so I'd say any 4th gen appearance is slim.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Like I have been saying, were not getting any 4th generation Pokemon in Brawl period. Lucario wasn't even known to the public until about 05-06 and the game must have been in development in 06 so I'd say any 4th gen appearance is slim.
and i say you are wrong.

Top Bottom