• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yep, Ive always liked the fire starters (in the pokemon games, I dont want them as playable in brawl), but the monkey totally killed the streak of awesomness in fire starters...

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I was suprised to see Marowak on the poll. Marowak gets my vote.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If I could agree more, I would.
I think that is one thing next to everyone can agree on=too true! idc if Pichu returns or not, but the electric rat formula has been overkilled. Seriously, 2 clones of one character=overkill. if those two electric rodent pair, plus Raichu were considered, we could have as amny as 5 Pickachu clones. Thank goodness this is unlikely, and we'll see no new Pickachu copies in SSB (except in Pokemon, there will sadly be more! :( ) Now, to heck with this topic of the Picka-clones!

Seriosuly, Meowth has more votes than Blazekein=??? Meowth has just a small chance, and Blazekein has a at least decent shot. I find the results on these polls...intresting, at least with Meowth one higher than Blazekein. i would have never guessed that would happen. Guess it shows Meowth's popularity, lol! :psycho: :) :ohwell:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think you mean Deoxys, not Blaziken.
YA I did, my bad! TY for correcting me! :)

Still, Meowth's percentages keep going up, yet it utterly has no chance. If Meowth was to be in Smash, it would have been in SSB64, and it would have been in instead of Jigglypuff (Jigglypuff>Meowth). On the other hand, Deoxys has at least a decent chance, along with Blazekein. Both great representatitves of the 3rd gen on Pokemon, and I would be more than happy to see either of them.

Meowth, however would be a worse pick IMO than Pichu. Seriously, at least Pichu could use lightning attacksm versus scratching (even if I like Persian=ya). Just because Meowth is in the pointless never ending Pokemon show doesn't mean it has a chance at being in SSBB.

Originally Posted by MasterGary
There is no way Meowth could be beating blaziken, it's just crazy-talk.
Or Deoxys, because Meowth has no chance watsoever! It isn't crazy talk, it is improbable, and practically impossible for Meowth to have a higher chance than Deoxys or Blazekein.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
legendary pokm are too overrated. Personaly I think out of the list there Lucario, Eevee and meowth have high chances, and are my most personaly wanted ones,

But dragonite is just too best of a pokemon not to vote for...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
legendary pokm are too overrated. Personaly I think out of the list there Lucario, Eevee and meowth have high chances, and are my most personaly wanted ones,

But dragonite is just too best of a pokemon not to vote for...
I don' see a moveset for Eevee or Meowth, and Lucario is easily the most desired. Dragonite is awsome, but sadly I don't see him happening, and Deoxys and Blazekein still have a fair shot IMO. I seriously wonder if there will be one or two more Pokemon slots in Brawl (assuming Pichu leaves, making it 4 or 5). I'm guessing there will be five, considering how huge Pokemon is around the world, as the #2 selling series of all time. Thus Lucario is in, and either Blazekein or Deoxys are in. Either way, I'm more than good, because they are both awsome! :)

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
...Lucario and Meowth are like..the only 2 that stand a chance. Deoxys is a freaking demi-god, Dragonite is too big and can't run, and the rest aren't really highlight Pokemon.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I support Lucario, cause he seems likely. He had a movie, and it sorta promotes Diamond and Pearl to do it. He's pretty cool.

My personal picks would be Heracross and Weavile but neither will get in.. I hope Heracross at least makes it in a pokeball.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I support Lucario, cause he seems likely. He had a movie, and it sorta promotes Diamond and Pearl to do it. He's pretty cool.

My personal picks would be Heracross and Weavile but neither will get in.. I hope Heracross at least makes it in a pokeball.
Heracross is very likely to be a Pokeball Pokemon, so you could very well get your wish! :)

@ Tmx
Lucario, I agree with will fit in nicely, and should be in, but Deoxys wouldn't neccissaraly be overpowered. Look at Mewtwo (who was underpowered), and he's not overpowered. Dragonite is cool and all, but unlikely other than a possible Pokeball appearance.

Random Note: Bring back all the Pokeball Pokemon from SSB64+Melee+lots of new ones=totally awsome! :)

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Heracross is very likely to be a Pokeball Pokemon, so you could very well get your wish! :)

@ Tmx
Lucario, I agree with will fit in nicely, and should be in, but Deoxys wouldn't neccissaraly be overpowered. Look at Mewtwo (who was underpowered), and he's not overpowered. Dragonite is cool and all, but unlikely other than a possible Pokeball appearance.

Random Note: Bring back all the Pokeball Pokemon from SSB64+Melee+lots of new ones=totally awsome! :)
Yeah I agree with you. Personaly I think we should actually care more about the pokeball pokemons, add more random pokemons fro mthe whole hundreds to choose from, rather than every pokeball being a legendary pokemon, I think it would be more fun that way..

good old days with the Onyx that doesnt really do anything :D

Combo Artist

Smash Rookie
I dont think it would be pokemon that already comes out of a poke ball (like scizor) so id put lucario since hes one of the main chars in a poke movie.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
Deoxys move list

should be deoxys. his 4 special attacks can be to transform into his 4 different forms: normal, attack, speed, defense.

B normal form: starts in this form, has average attack, speed nd defense.
vB defense form: very slow, no attacks, can't jump, but extremely strong, near invulnerable.
>B attack: decent jump, decent speed, very, very strong attacks but extremely vulnerable
^B speed: very good jump, extremely fast, weak attack, weak defense.

As i'm writing this, ive just noticed how awesome this idea is. It is very different to any other character and provides much depth to the game. Please reply to this message to see what u think! :)

Wrath`

Smash Master
Mewowth missed his chances awile ago,so i dout he will get in.

and dude above me,many move set have been made of the dna man and they were a helzz of a lot better

Joka

Smash Journeyman
OK, here are the new Pokemon I'm guessing will be in Pokeballs.

Blaziken- Blaze Kick (on the nearest opponent)
Luvdisc- Tackle (on the nearest opponent) or Bubble
Bonsly- Fake Tears (damages anyone who goes near it)
Rayquaza- Either Fly (flies up then shoots down) or Thunder
Beautifly or Dustox- Gust (damages anyone who goes near it)
Taillow or Swellow- Wing Attack (on the nearest opponent)
Whismur- Uproar (damages anyone who goes near it)
Chimecho- Heal Bell (heals the one who threw the Pokeball)
Volbeat or Illumise- Swarm Tackle (forms a swarm that rushes across the screen)
Wynaut- Counter (same as its successor)
Roselia- Petal Dance (damages anyone who goes near it)
Trapinch or Flygon- Sand Tomb (traps anyone who goes near it)
Kyogre- Hydro Pump
Groudon- Solarbeam

Zeela12

Smash Ace

Kyogre- Hydro Pump
Groudon- Solarbeam
Although I'm very against this list of pokemons in pokeballs, the sad thing is, it's VERY LIKELY that this will happen...

you forgot Porygon Z, you need porygon Z!

quickplay01

Smash Rookie
Lucario all the way!! With it being a steel type it would probably be a fast faller and that's good for combos............

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet

Kyogre- Hydro Pump
Groudon- Solarbeam
Kyogre would have Water Spout, Groudon would have eruption, Rayquaza would probably have hyper beam, this list needs more starters, and wynaught would be more interesting if he used mirror coat to reflect projectiles.

oh i have some ideas for the fourth gen starters:

Pochama: Pochama comes out of the pokeball and uses bubble beam. The bubbles do damage consistently and are very fast.

Naetoru: Naetoru uses Leaf Storm and a bunch of leaves circle around him and fly out in random directions.

Hikazaru: Hikazaru uses flame wheel and fires off in one direction until it flies off the stage.

SkyeYuki

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking about Sudowoodo being playable. I don't know why. O_o It'd be a strange choice though.

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
Sudowoodo is too minor but that's the kind of quirky Pokémon that should be in Brawl at least from Poké Balls. That's why it got a trophy and float in Poké Floats.

This guy who doesn't know much about Pokémon made me see that one of the music composers that are contributing to Brawl comes from Mystery Dungeon; that kept me wondering if they'd give that spin-off enough importance to pick somebody like Squirtle.

If the rumors that all the N64 SSB characters will come back are true, then Jigglypuff is returning for sure. For a Pichu replacement, there's the +/- duo and Pachirisu. For legendaries/semi-legendaries, there's still Deoxys, Lucario, and Darkrai as likely.

Top Bottom