• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
Lucario is reminiscent of other pop culture icons that are martial artists, like Goku. I guess that's the reason why many people like it. Plus it's been a movie star, a Gym Leader Pokémon, and the characters in Mystery Dungeon idolize it.

D

Deleted member

Can we all agree that all Pokemon with less than fifty votes will not be in 'Brawl?

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Ok, some 4th generation Pokemon now (from the Pokeball item), since D/P is obviously hitting the charts:

Turtwig- Razor Leaf (fires off leaves)
Piplup- Bubble (shoots bubbles back and forth)
Chimchar- Flamethrower (breathes fire straight out)
Weavile- Slash (on the nearest opponent)
Manaphy- Just flies off like Mew and Celebi
Munchlax- Metronome (just like Togepi and Clefairy)
Riolu- Aura Sphere (fires off a single ball of aura, then dashes away)
Pachirisu- Thunder (related to Pikachu's Thunder)
Porygon-Z- Dimensional Tackle (appears out of a cyber-portal like Porygon 2 and hits the nearest fighter)
Palkia- Space Claw (slashes the foe with a powerful claw)
Dialga- Roar of Time (roars suddenly, sending a sound wave that pushes all fighters back, except the one who threw the ball)

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who would rather have most of these as pokeball characters rather than playable? If they have 50+ pokeball characters that will keep everyone happy.

Oh, and Lucario would be pretty cool, but others (Blaziken, Gallade) are cool but lack a certain individuality in my mind.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who would rather have most of these as pokeball characters rather than playable? If they have 50+ pokeball characters that will keep everyone happy.

Oh, and Lucario would be pretty cool, but others (Blaziken, Gallade) are cool but lack a certain individuality in my mind.
concerning pokeballz, i want some o' them D/P legendaries to make it. awesome.

on topic, why isnt inferape on that list? and what aboot alakazam? he has a battlecry all ready to go..."SPOON!" but yea, i'm not too keen to get many playable pokemons in brawl. just fix mewtwo, and stick more in the ballz.

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
I voted Blaziken, because... well I like Blaziken. :D I doubt I can say anything that someone else hasn't already said and better.

I don't really like any of the other options aside from Meowth, the Chans, and Sandshrew/Sandslash. Meowth's cool, but I'd hope it's just a generic Meowth instead of the talking one from the anime. The Chans are cool, 'nuff said. Sandshrew/Sandslah would fit well into Smash and has the potential to be very interesting to play with.

I don't know much about Deoxys or Lucario though. They could be interesting as well.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
I voted for Deoxys, preferably Normal Deoxys, even though Defense Deoxys is my favorite
defence? aww, he has none of the sleekness of SPEED DEOXYS! speed and attack ftw! if any other pokemon was gonna make it in, my money'd be on deoxys or lucario. they're the only ones who have enough individuality in my opinion.

Micahc

Smash Ace
concerning pokeballz, i want some o' them D/P legendaries to make it. awesome.

on topic, why isnt inferape on that list? and what aboot alakazam? he has a battlecry all ready to go..."SPOON!" but yea, i'm not too keen to get many playable pokemons in brawl. just fix mewtwo, and stick more in the ballz.
The reason these ones are on the poll is because they where popular on the last poll, and the ones on the last poll where popular in the original thread.

minwoo6360

Smash Rookie
of course original Pikachu

Original Characters were better then recently pokemons..

like look at the Game and TV,

They are just kind of stuff added on the original characters..

SO, ORIGINAL CHARACTER PIKACHU

MasterGary

Smash Ace
You look at the game? That makes a lot of sense and I also look at my TV, but do you watch what's ont he TV? And I don't think the plural of Pokemon is Pokemons, if anything it would be Pokemen .(jk)

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure he'll be good, I'm pretty confident that any 3rd party characters should be special and be quite effective.

And Lucario at the very top of the poll at 161 votes, that's what I like to see! ^_^

I think I'd be able to take the fact that he's almost gauranteed to be in Brawl better if I didn't care so much about it...

...but I'm used to some things I want to see in a game not being there, Lucario is my favourite Pokémon, so I really want him to be one of the dozens of brawlers in SSBB, and though it is very likely, it seems to good to be true to me.

So I really just want it to be confirmed sometime relatively soon that he's in SSBB. Perhaps at E3 that starts 46 days from today I believe.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
To get painfully technical...a rocket launcher isn't a "gun" in the traditional sense.

Anyway, that's it: no more rambling about definitions of unrelated words.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
No ones except the nintendo people know exactly what's gonna be in Brawl. For all we know they might take out an already confirmed character because they overestimated space or some thing like that. Nothing is certain.

I know that this has almost no chance of happening but it could.

Vali

Smash Ace
No ones except the nintendo people know exactly what's gonna be in Brawl. For all we know they might take out an already confirmed character because they overestimated space or some thing like that. Nothing is certain.

I know that this has almost no chance of happening but it could.
If they over-estimated space (if that itself is even possible) they wouldn't implement a character that they hadn't already done. They're obviously going to be working on them in order of importance, such as doing Mario and Link before some of the more obscure newcomers and even then they won't remove an already confirmed character. That'd be the most ******** mistake since the PS3.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, removing confirmed characters would upset some of us fans, unless maybe if it were a character some didn't think should be in it anyway then maybe those fans wouldn't mind it...

...but overall, getting rid of any confirmed characters would be a bad move. When a character is confirmed, it is supposed to be that people who want the confirmed character can rest assured it'll be in it, not taken away from them.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Vali said:
That'd be the most ******** mistake since the PS3.
Oh snap!

Anyway. Characters already confirmed will totally be cut...in a parallel universe where characters already confirmed are cut.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
Uh, I think Sakurai's said he's going to try to do away with clones, but that's not an actual confirmation that there won't be any clones at all.

kaid

Smash Master
The quote is that "All returning characters will, on a significant scale be remade."

We've seen that remake. Fox, Mario, Link, Kirby have all been remade, but have kept their same movesets.

Nothing else he's said even remotely implies clones, or lack of clones.

Wrath`

Smash Master
@ m.Gary i had a / meaning both blaze/infernape. if i have to i am rooting for,theres is a better chance one of them is in.

Were is RVD??

Top Bottom