• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Actually in Japan when it was first released it was red and green, but green changed to blue for the international release for some odd reason.

And I dunno, I still think Gengar would struggle against an Alakazam. They die quite easily but make up for it with phenomenal Sp Atk and speed, so one psychic attack would likely put Gengar in a critical condition if not outright kill it. That and I don't think Gengar learns crunch (or I don't remember him ever doing so).

I did find it stupid though that the only pokemon of a type that could deal with Psychics was grouped together with a type that Psychics are effective against.

Edit: Confound it, beaten again XD

MasterGary

Smash Ace
Giradina is 1 of the cheatiest pokemon I ever heard of and there is this other one that is fire and ground and ground moves don't effect it and it's fire type moves get an extra boost or something along those lines .

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I think you're thinking of Heatran, who is part fire part steel, so actually ground types are devastating for it. It does get an ability that nullifies fire damage though and gives its own fire attacks a boost.

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
Definitely Blaziken. Since Melee came out before Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, you need at least one character from that series. I also think we need to drop pichu.

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
Why do people want to drop Pichu? If it's just because of of self damage, then you should be thundered to death by a pichu. Any GOOD player can work past that IMO.

Fawriel

Smash Master
That's not a reason.
The reason is that some characters will be cut anyway, and Pichu is just not as important as others.

Micahc

Smash Ace
By the logic that stems occasionally from this thread, we need at least one representative for each board. So in my semi-omniscience i say that for...
1 Gen: Pikachu/Jiggernaught/Mewtwo, they're some of the most iconic Pokemon, why should they be dropped?

2 Gen: Pichu/Magby, Other than Togepi, he was one of the first 2 Gen Pokemon announced, he's had his own short films, and he's probably as well know as Pikachu. I just like Magby, no reason.

3 Gen: Gardevoir, Japanese popularity, had a major role in some of the recent games, and it could be the counterpart to Mewtwo. While Mewtwo is a beast created by scientists who is soulless and hates the world, Gardevoir is beautiful and grace full, and loves people. She's also loyal to a fault. They shouldn't be a team, but they should be in

4 Gen: Lucairio, well known, interesting typing, Aura Sphere, and we need a dog. Dog's are cool. PLus, neither Palkia or Dialga would work as character's. Although I REALLY want to see their Pokeball attacks Palkia twisting time and Dialga distorting space is going to make me smile...

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
That's not a reason.
The reason is that some characters will be cut anyway, and Pichu is just not as important as others.
See, that's a reason I can deal with, and it has a point. I like pichu and try to work around self-harm, and I think he can be good in the right hands. He's challenging to use and thus, deserving a place to be in a game that undoubtedly gets better.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I doubt that there will be any pokemon chosen that do not stand upright jsut because it would be completely different hitbox wise and I doubt they could make a good pokemon character on all fours attack wise. I think Blaziken is one of the suggestions I've heard that might have the most weight to it.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
By the logic that stems occasionally from this thread, we need at least one representative for each board. So in my semi-omniscience i say that for...
1 Gen: Pikachu/Jiggernaught/Mewtwo, they're some of the most iconic Pokemon, why should they be dropped?

2 Gen: Pichu/Magby, Other than Togepi, he was one of the first 2 Gen Pokemon announced, he's had his own short films, and he's probably as well know as Pikachu. I just like Magby, no reason.

3 Gen: Gardevoir, Japanese popularity, had a major role in some of the recent games, and it could be the counterpart to Mewtwo. While Mewtwo is a beast created by scientists who is soulless and hates the world, Gardevoir is beautiful and grace full, and loves people. She's also loyal to a fault. They shouldn't be a team, but they should be in

4 Gen: Lucairio, well known, interesting typing, Aura Sphere, and we need a dog. Dog's are cool. PLus, neither Palkia or Dialga would work as character's. Although I REALLY want to see their Pokeball attacks Palkia twisting time and Dialga distorting space is going to make me smile...
1st Gen: This I agree with (except the obvious lack of Gengar)

2nd Gen: 2nd gen wasn't great for brawl choices, and pichu is probably the best they got. They don't really need 2nd gen rep, and if they do it should be someone like Scizor or Tyranitar. (I disagree that Pichu is as popular as Pika. If you went up to a random person and asked them to name a pokemon, pikachu is the one they'll say.)

3rd gen: I feel fairly strongly againstGardovoir and Blaze in brawl. For one reason, I think they were two random pokemon and people just happened to like them. I believe the best choice for third gen rep is Deoxys. He is unique, as he changes form in different versions, he is the only event pkmn that isn't pipsqueck looking (not counting 4th gen) and he is popular, seeing as he stared in his own movie.

4th Gen: This I agree with

Micahc

Smash Ace
1st Gen: This I agree with (except the obvious lack of Gengar)

2nd Gen: 2nd gen wasn't great for brawl choices, and pichu is probably the best they got. They don't really need 2nd gen rep, and if they do it should be someone like Scizor or Tyranitar. (I disagree that Pichu is as popular as Pika. If you went up to a random person and asked them to name a pokemon, pikachu is the one they'll say.)
Pichu was popular, just not as popular as Pikachu, but saying he's unknow is just false.
3rd gen: I feel fairly strongly againstGardovoir and Blaze in brawl. For one reason, I think they were two random pokemon and people just happened to like them. I believe the best choice for third gen rep is Deoxys. He is unique, as he changes form in different versions, he is the only event pkmn that isn't pipsqueck looking (not counting 4th gen) and he is popular, seeing as he stared in his own movie.
True, but IIRC Gardevoir was on Sakurai's poll/most wanted list/whatever it was, and Deoxys wasn't. I could see Deoxys in too though. Just forgot to add it to the list
4th Gen: This I agree withOh Goodie! Well theirs not many fourth gen choices any way :ohwell:
I hate the limit...

Wrath`

Smash Master
Just because gardivio was on a poll does not mean he will be in brawl.Popularity got him to the poll,it does not mean it will get him to brawl

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Considering that's how Pikachu and Jigglypuff got in the first smash, I'd say that popularity gives you a pretty nice advantage if you're a pokemon.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
1st Gen: Pikachu, Mewtwo and Jigglypuff

2nd Gen: Pichu

3rd Gen: Blaziken

4th Gen: Lucario

That would be enough Pokemon. The only reason I would let Pichu stay is because there wouldn't be any other representatives for the 2nd Gen.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Popularity helps you get in brawl, but it doesn't get you in on it's own. That's the problem with Blaze and Gardovoir. They were two random third gen pkmn that people just happened to like. They have no signifigance in the series.

Wrath`

Smash Master

What major role over the fact you could use it(like all 400+ pokemon)did it have?
Blaze=Did have some (not major) but recegnizible roles in the anime

I'm glad that this poll has mostly first generation pokemon.

IMO, the pokemon after Red/Blue are uninspired.
What are you on:laugh: :chuckle: :p Estiban

Fawriel

Smash Master
Actually... generally, there are only a few Pokemon who play special roles in the game. Even the legendaries are really just Pokemon that you can only catch one of. Big deal. Not even the starters are so special. I usually put them in the box or trade them immediately. There's nine of them per game. They are also just Pokemon that you play.

The anime shouldn't really be a decisive factor in deciding which Pokemon is "worthy".
If you only count those that are actually important to the story... well, let's see.
Ho-oh, Lugia and Suicune,
Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza.

Except those aren't exactly usable.
So you'll have to look at Pokemon who have SOME sort of special position in the games.
Togepi for example has a special role because you get it from an egg that pretty much initiated the G/S story.
Or, for example, Gardevoir. Remember Wally? He's a rather significant character in the game ( and probably the anime? ), and he's actually someone a lot of Pokemon players can identify with ( no offense D= ).
There's a cutscene where he catches Ralts. In the end, Ralts has evolved into Gardevoir.
Wally is the real "rival" in the game, since the other kid doesn't really deserve that title ( so easy to beat... eh ). Gardevoir is his main. He's sort of a representative of all poor, shy nerds with unkempt hair and she's their patron spirit in a way.
So yeah, I'd say she's important.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Congrats at saying the special pokemon is RALTS not gardin hose.

Plus wall has manny other pokemon,gardivior is just on of the few.
Wall also has ralts for a majorit of the battels before it evolves

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, to stay within the metaphor that Ralts represents Wally as his guardian, it also reflects his growth as a person. He starts as someone frail and becomes stronger just like his Pokemon, and in the end they are powerful and beautiful and stuff. Wow, another point going for me. So Gardevoir is pretty much the representative of the whole philosophy they have going around Pokemon. Love, teamwork, growth, it's all there.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, yeah, I didn't expect anything else from you. I'm done trying to have an intelligent discussion here.

So:
BLAZEKEN IS SO AWESOME HES LIKEA CHICKEN AND FIRE AND HE KICKS THINGS AND HE FITES TO SO HE SHUD BE IN A FITE GAME CUZ HE HAS LEGS AND KICKS AND FIRE AND HES A CHICKEN HES 100% IN PPLZ

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
The difference between your rival and wally is that unlike the rival who steadily progress there pkmn along the same lines as you, Wally you fight twice, once he has a level 16 ralts, then at the end of victory road BOOM he's got a prty of mid-40s if I remember correctly.

Gadovoir/Blaze are the basically the same in terms of Brawl Chances

Gengar will always be supirior

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Good points all, Fawriel. I never really looked at it that way. Gardevoir has a decent chance anyway, what with its popularity in Japan. And no, it would NOT have to be a Mewtwo clone. Nothing, NOTHING, has to be a clone. Even Pichu didn't have to be a clone. That argument is useless.

On the flip side, it COULD be a clone. A bit faster, a bit weaker, a bit less floaty, tweak a few of the B attacks, and you've got it. Nothing wrong with a few healthy clones.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Ooh, is it time for a Gardevoir moveset?

The way I see it, she should have about the weight, size and moving speed as Mewtwo does now, which will be no problem if they fix him ( making the big guy lightweight just makes NO sense ). But on the other hand, she should have a great horizontal moving speed in the air, like Jigglypuff. The first jump is very low, but the second jump makes her rise and float as if she had summoned wind to carry her aloft.

According to various sources, Gardevoir can distort dimensions and has empathic abilities, plus, she's a guardian... that can be worked with.
A: It does a move like Mewtwo's Disable and a brief distortion in the air flings opponents back a little. Used to keep them off her face.
>A: Like A, but she moves her hands around forming a swirl that briefly sucks an opponent in and then spits them out, kinda like Pichu's or Zelda's smashes, but weaker.
^A: She goes into a praying pose bowing down a little and energy appears above her head; very many little hitboxes, low damage and knockback, but very good range - used for defense against aerials.
vA: A more-or-less kneeling attack where she does a blocking motion with her hands - about the same effect as Yoshi's down+A, set knockback.

Her smashes are meant to look like dances.
>Smash: She does a sort of half-spin, then looks away from the direction she faces and thrusts out her hand as if to forbid someone to get closer. A flash of light deals little damage for a smash, but explosive knockback. Very slow startup and cooldown.
^Smash: A very low and slow kneeling dance move ( dying swan? ), her hand draws a circular motion upwards along with her head. Flash of light again, same as before.
vSmash: Faster than the others, she does pirhouettes that first deal a little damage caused by little particles of light that look like leaves, then a stronger blast sends the opponent(s) off at about the strength of Jiggly's down-smash.

Don't feel like thinking up aerials right now, I'll add some if there's interest.

B - Destiny Bond: If Gardevoir is defeated while using this move, the responsible opponent receives 30%.
^B - Teleport: Teleport.
>B - Future Sight: Gardevoir glows and sees into the future. If she isn't hit within the next 4 seconds, all opponents receive 10-15%.
vB - Synchronize: If Gardevoir is hit by a B button move while this move is in effect, the opponent receives the same damage as Gardevoir. Damage is not blocked and no knockback is dealt to the attacker. Almost as quick as the Shine.

Note sure about the B moves, there are probably better choices.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Well, yeah, I didn't expect anything else from you. I'm done trying to have an intelligent discussion here.

So:
BLAZEKEN IS SO AWESOME HES LIKEA CHICKEN AND FIRE AND HE KICKS THINGS AND HE FITES TO SO HE SHUD BE IN A FITE GAME CUZ HE HAS LEGS AND KICKS AND FIRE AND HES A CHICKEN HES 100% IN PPLZ
ahh dude i only gave him 46% during his day at ferro's thread.
You remind me of Kaid,exsept you are for gardivior not lucario.

Lucario>gardivior

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Wally was in the anime...with a different name in the English version and without a Ralts or Gardevoir. Since Gardevoir is supposed to be a species, I don't think all Gardevoir have the same personality, so there could be one that hates. I admit Gardevoir has a chance, just not as much as some others. However, I think Gardevoir has a better chance than Gengar if not the same. That's all I feel like saying for a while.

Micahc

Smash Ace
I feel that Gardevoir has a better chance than Blaziken, but then again, Blaziken doesn't have a chance.

Top Bottom