• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Angry Sun

Smash Apprentice
Buneary probably won't get in for the same reason guys like Marill don't get in. The cute and popular pkmn slot is taken by jiggs.
And Jiggs isn't in.

And Jiggs isn't even cute.

Jiggs lost her popularity.
Jiggs has no reason.

Don't even give me that crappy "She was in the first two" cause that doesn't work.

That's no reason.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Well I can honestly say I don't know what to believe. You'd think there'd be some official site recording pokemon popularity, but now I'm completely lost.

Though I have to say:

Gardevoir is more humanoid.

She looks exactly like a Female Human.
Then you've seen some pretty funky looking women in order to come to that conclusion.

Angry Sun

Smash Apprentice
Well I can honestly say I don't know what to believe. You'd think there'd be some official site recording pokemon popularity, but now I'm completely lost.

Though I have to say:

Then you've seen some pretty funky looking women in order to come to that conclusion.
Almost like a Female Human.
Nearly there.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
And Jiggs isn't in.

And Jiggs isn't even cute.

Jiggs lost her popularity.
Jiggs has no reason.

Don't even give me that crappy "She was in the first two" cause that doesn't work.

That's no reason.
Everyone I know think jiggs is cute

Jigglypuff is one of the first pkmn to come to your head when you think of the franchise

Jiggs has many reasons

And actually, the 'she was in the first two' does help because I doubt they'll eliminate more than 5, and I can think of 5 people who should get out before jiggs (Y. Link, Pichu, Dr. Mario, GAW (not that I don't like him, but I think he'll lose the surprise of him being in if he's in brawl, which is the main reason he got in in the first place), Roy)

Angry Sun

Smash Apprentice
Everyone I know think jiggs is cute

Jigglypuff is one of the first pkmn to come to your head when you think of the franchise

Jiggs has many reasons

And actually, the 'she was in the first two' does help because I doubt they'll eliminate more than 5, and I can think of 5 people who should get out before jiggs (Y. Link, Pichu, Dr. Mario, GAW (not that I don't like him, but I think he'll lose the surprise of him being in if he's in brawl, which is the main reason he got in in the first place), Roy)
And you and your friends aren't the 5% of America that Sakurai is looking at.

Sakurai's Interests

America: 5%
Japan: 15%

He's gonna follow Japan more.
Oust Jiggs.
Put in who is most popular: Gardevoir and Lopunny.
and Add Meowth who deserved it from the beginning.

Japan loves Retro Characters.
So GAW stays.
IC's Stay.

No Jiggs isn't the first that pops in my mind.

Pikachu and Meowth are.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Better. Sorry for being nit picky but it would worry me if you actually thought females looked exactly like that.

However I think we haven't given Gardevoir enough credit, she was the only pokemon to appear on Sakurai's poll, so she must have done something right. I just think mst people want to see something other than a psychic type seeing as Mewtwo already fits that role.

I am right in thinking Lopunny is the evolved form of buneary right?

Edit: Curses, foiled again. I really have to type faster XD

Wrath`

Smash Master
Better. Sorry for being nit picky but it would worry me if you actually thought females looked exactly like that.

However I think we haven't given Gardevoir enough credit, she was the only pokemon to appear on Sakurai's poll, so she must have done something right. I just think mst people want to see something other than a psychic type seeing as Mewtwo already fits that role.

I am right in thinking Lopunny is the evolved form of buneary right?

Edit: Curses, foiled again. I really have to type faster XD
Yes lopbunny is the evolved form

Angry Sun

Smash Apprentice
Sun dude i know serebii so stop giving me a stupid link.

Buneary is http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/427.shtml not the other one.
congragulations on being stupid
Now let's see here.

1. You don't live in Japan.
2. You don't know what Japan likes.
3. Japan don't freaking like BUNEARY! They want "Mimiroppu"

Quote: Who are the most popular Pokemon in Japan?
Answer Quote : Gardevoir, 2nd = Mimiroppu

Congratulations on being stupid.

Angry Sun

Smash Apprentice
I will stick to what i've heardDerectly from japandumbazz
And you heard wrong.

Because what I heard makes more sense than what you've heard.

What my friend said:
It's a new and interesting Pokemon, also it's very strong (the best raised Mimiroppu, which my friend Nozomi has, surpasses even one of the "lesser" legendaries in stats.) so it would be seen as an interesting fighter.

Japan loves new and interesting things, which is why Gardevoir got popular, she was very interesting and unique (not type wise) when she was released.

Wrath`

Smash Master
You say do you live in japan when yu dont ethier,and dont say"well my freind....."

Besides tyranitar rulzz all,jiggs is cute,pichu is cute gardivior wont make it of popularity

Angry Sun

Smash Apprentice
You say do you live in japan when yu dont ethier,and dont say"well my freind....."

Besides tyranitar rulzz all,jiggs is cute,pichu is cute gardivior wont make it of popularity
Oh you are so stupid.

Tyranitar isn't mentioned in Japan period.

Razz says:
Can't say percent wise since it depends since they're popularity is kind of split between the game and anime. Buneary people who watches the Anime loves because she's in love with Pikachu (hence, why the popularity soared.)

So..Buneary I'd say the anime viewers..so about 30-40 percent ish of Japan and Mimiroppu 50-60 percent of the Pokemon fans in Japan like her.

BAM!

Numbskull.

What you got to say about that?

Wrath`

Smash Master
a.your stupid for think i was mention tyranitars popuarity,I was just say his name cause he is my favorite.

You keep avoiding the fact i say popularity wont get you in brawl,is it because you know gardivio stands no chance
my

Angry Sun

Smash Apprentice
a.your stupid for think i was mention tyranitars popuarity,I was just say his name cause he is my favorite.

You keep avoiding the fact i say popularity wont get you in brawl,is it because you know gardivio stands no chance
my
Gardevoir does stand a chance.

Most Popular Pokemon in Japan gets her a chance.

50-60% of Popularity for Lopunny gets Lopunny a chance.

*Wonders what crappy sources you have*

Angry Sun

Smash Apprentice
Your still avoiding the question.

Does gardivio have nore than just popularity going for him?
I'll post it again.

Razz says:
It's a new and interesting Pokemon, also it's very strong (the best raised Mimiroppu, which my friend Nozomi has, surpasses even one of the "lesser" legendaries in stats.) so it would be seen as an interesting fighter.

Japan loves new and interesting things, which is why Gardevoir got popular, she was very interesting and unique (not type wise) when she was released.

Ignore the Mimiroppu part.

"Intersting and Unique"

There you go.

Something besides Popularity.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Yes, they are relying on Japan more than America. But 15% percent isn't a high number, which means sakurai's preferences have power over what people want. And he was in the last two games, so Sakurai obviously wants Jiggs. In the end, what Sakurai says goes, and he's made good desicions thus far.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Intresting dosnt count,almost every character in history is inter esting.

Your check list
1.popularity
(kinda small)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Cuttness factor? Has he turned emo or something, because I don't think that'll go down well with the fans.

Regardless this is getting a bit too heated so perhaps you guys should calm down before it gets to personal.

Though about jigs, apparently Sakurai was going to drop him in melee, but chose not too because he still had a huge fanbase. Therefore, if Jigglypuffs popularity has dropped since then, chances are he'll go.

Angry Sun

Smash Apprentice
Cuttness factor? Has he turned emo or something, because I don't think that'll go down well with the fans.

Regardless this is getting a bit too heated so perhaps you guys should calm down before it gets to personal.

Though about jigs, apparently Sakurai was going to drop him in melee, but chose not too because he still had a huge fanbase. Therefore, if Jigglypuffs popularity has dropped since then, chances are he'll go.
Proof right there.

Thank you. ^.^

Fawriel

Smash Master
Geez, you guys...
Angry Sun, don't feel yucky. You have my support.

What Gardevoir has going for her besides popularity?
Beauty. Power. Uniqueness. She's just plain amazingly beautiful and one of the few Pokemon that really speak to you ( as in, people in general ), one that's not just some creature that does stuff, but really looks like it has a personality and a history and stuff.
As funky as Jigglypuff is, it's a pink balloon.

All arguments aside, she really appeared in a poll? It's possible that she'll be in?
My face would explode so hard if that turned out to be true. GWEE!

( As for Mimiroppu, she's just hot. I mean, she's a parody of the freakin' Playboy bunny! She has the support of any straight male Pokemon fan! )

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
Geez, you guys...

Beauty. Power. Uniqueness. She's just plain amazingly beautiful and one of the few Pokemon that really speak to you ( as in, people in general ), one that's not just some creature that does stuff, but really looks like it has a personality and a history and stuff.

All arguments aside, she really appeared in a poll? It's possible that she'll be in?

( As for Mimiroppu, she's just hot. I mean, she's a parody of the freakin' Playboy bunny! She has the support of any straight male Pokemon fan! )
Although that would be cool, I don't think Gardevoir would be in Brawl. I mean this would mix Zelda/Mewtwo!

Micahc

Smash Ace
Jiggernaught will get in through the fact that she was in the first two, still fairly popular in Japan from what I've gathered, and her moveset would be wasted if she wasn't. Gardevoir might get in through sheer popularity, but that's not the only reason. In the 3rd gen games, s/he made an excellent special sweeper through the elemental punches, and with the physical special split in Pear and Diamond, she now becomes a fairly decent annoyer that can still special sweep fairly decently. Gardevoir might get in, but it's very debatable. Jiggernaught will get in and you can't debate it.

Angry Sun

Smash Apprentice
Jiggernaught will get in through the fact that she was in the first two, still fairly popular in Japan from what I've gathered, and her moveset would be wasted if she wasn't. Gardevoir might get in through sheer popularity, but that's not the only reason. In the 3rd gen games, s/he made an excellent special sweeper through the elemental punches, and with the physical special split in Pearl and Diamond, she now becomes a fairly decent annoyer that can still special sweep fairly decently. Gardevoir might get in, but it's very debatable. Jiggernaught will get in and you can't debate it.
Jiggs = No Popularity in Japan or US.

I don't know about EU though.

Why does everyone think "She's been in the first two" is a good reason?

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
Jigglypuff has proven itself to me after that final event match with GigBowser.

Jigglypuff and Mewtwo are both fine pokemon to have return to the game( although Mewtwo was considerably weaker than I felt he should be.)

Replace Pichu with Raichu or something like that and that would be all I really would require from the Pokemon characters. Why make a character that hurts itself with its strongest attacks?! it is just such a step in the wrong direction.

Angry Sun

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff has proven itself to me after that final event match with GigBowser.

Jigglypuff and Mewtwo are both fine pokemon to have return to the game( although Mewtwo was considerably weaker than I felt he should be.)

Replace Pichu with Raichu or something like that and that would be all I really would require from the Pokemon characters. Why make a character that hurts itself with its strongest attacks?! it is just such a step in the wrong direction.
Or replace Pichu with Lopunny.

2nd most popular Pokemon in Japan.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't care who. Keep Pichu in for all I care just redo that character! Jeez I mean the smart people must have taken off that week when Pichu's character was conceived for Melee. the idiocracy drives me up the blinking wall.

I like the Idea of a no armed pokemon(Arbok, Tangela) or maybe one that walks on all fours(Chikorita, Bulbasaur) Something new.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Geez, you guys...

That was the single most disturbing post I've ever read. Especially the last part 'shudders'. And no, I'n not gay.

I just don't want the new pokemon since I don't know them well
No offense but that's a bit Naive

Jiggs = No Popularity in Japan or US.

I don't know about EU though.

Why does everyone think "She's been in the first two" is a good reason?
Because it is a good reason. She was in the last two games, so she must have something going for her. She has a unique moveset, that fits her perfectly. What do Gardovoir and Buneary have? There insignifacant in the games, which is what it really comes down to. n the game, what is Gardovoir? Another psychic type. So why not add Alakazam? Sloking? Xatu? Azelf? In my mind, Buneary is the new Teddiursa, except fairly more popular. Well who else was popular? Marill, probably among the most well known second gen pkmn. But he didn't make it because he wasn't unique in the game. He's just another water pkmn, and a weak one at that. Buneary is just another normal pkmn, just like Raticate, Delcatty, Miltank, etc. And as for Meowth, in my mind he's had his chance. If he's not in by now, he's not going to be in.

Top Bottom