• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Legolastom

Smash Hero
*Put Kaine BACK on "supports stupid character" list*

I took you off but now you mentioned Waluigi again... tut tut tut...

Anyways im presuming Jiggly is in the game but APPARENTLY she has been losing popularity in Japan... a lot.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Anyways im presuming Jiggly is in the game but APPARENTLY she has been losing popularity in Japan... a lot.
That's where I'm getting at. We shouldn't just assume Jiggly's in the game, because who knows what really will happen in Brawl. (No one except the creators)

We need to say that we want Jiggly, and not just assume that since she has her own moves and was in the last two that she'll still be in it.

And I say Jigglypuff deserves the spot more than all the rest on the list.

In the Rudy (football movie) way of saying it: Jigglypuff! Jigglypuff! Jigglypuff! Jigglypuff!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^ maybe they should lol.. but anyway I'd rather see Blazakin or Lucari take Jiggs place instead and I alos want Mewtwo but modified

OmegaXXII

^Mewtwo did not suck in Meele, sure he was lightweigh, and had a few crappy moves like confusion, but that didn't make him horrible since he had at least his own moveset, as for Lucario replacing Blaziken I don't think so, I think both should be in, and as fore Jiggs, I'm not too sure if she should come back IMO

OmegaXXII

why only 3? why not 5 or 6?

think about it. there might be more than 40 characters in the game and your only picking 3.
those choices are just fine because we already have four pokemon (Pikachu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard) and plus those 3 would equal 7 which IMO would be too many just 6 at the most is a great number that should be in Brawl

rayecho

Smash Ace
V V
O O
------

huh...

In that case...

Lucario, Darkrai, Raichu, Mewtwo, THEN Blazzy.
only 5. COME ON

Lucario, Darkrai, Blaziken, Scizor, Agron, Tranitar, Machamp, Dragonite, Mewtwo, Typhlosion,

these aren't the best characters for brawl, but who cares. just pick more and more. :chuckle:

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
Wow I've been gone for a while, anywho im not sure we'll get another pokemon trainer like character, and i would just be alright with mewtwo and jiggs returning alongside newcomer lucario, but thats just me.

Edit

My sig got all screwed up while i was gone WTF!

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Darkrai or Raichu? Get serious!
Neither of them are very likely. At the time that Sakurai was presumably deciding on the roster, Darkrai hadn't even been officially acknowledged yet by Nintendo.
And we really don't need a complete Pika evolution set.
I think Pichu goes, we get Mewtwo and Jiggs back, and we get Lucario. Makes everyone relatively happy except the blaze supporters. And I've put koarin on ignore, so everything's fine. :grin:

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Neither of them are very likely. At the time that Sakurai was presumably deciding on the roster, Darkrai hadn't even been officially acknowledged yet by Nintendo.
I think Pichu goes, we get Mewtwo and Jiggs back, and we get Lucario. Makes everyone relatively happy except the blaze supporters. And I've put koarin on ignore, so everything's fine. :grin:
I agree with all said above.
Mewtwo with original move sets, though.

rayecho

Smash Ace
your right. But i do think that Blaziken and Lucario will have the best chance of getting in because there so popular. Jiggs has lost a LOT of support in Japan so her chances are slipping.

Mewtwo should have a much better move set.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Blaziken's a house of cards in terms of chances. Lucario has advertising going for it; it seems to be on 50% of all D/P swag.

Tyjet

Smash Rookie
I voted for Lucario. Lucario has been my choice for a new Pokémon for a while. Well, Deoxys, too, but that idea was shot down with the Pokéball update.

Lucario just seems to be a clear choice for me. He has a wide variety of moves such as Close Combat, Fient, ExtremeSpeed, and Aura Sphere. Plus, the movie. He's a fourth generation Pokémon, and one that has a bit of a fanbase surrounding it. So, yeah, it seems very logical.

Then again, when has Smash been logical?

rayecho

Smash Ace
I voted for Lucario. Lucario has been my choice for a new Pokémon for a while. Well, Deoxys, too, but that idea was shot down with the Pokéball update.

Lucario just seems to be a clear choice for me. He has a wide variety of moves such as Close Combat, Fient, ExtremeSpeed, and Aura Sphere. Plus, the movie. He's a fourth generation Pokémon, and one that has a bit of a fanbase surrounding it. So, yeah, it seems very logical.

Then again, when has Smash been logical?
........................never. Lucario wins

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, guys. Cubone deconfirmed.
Check the Dojo, Pokemon Stadium 2 update.
On the ground arena, you can clearly see Cubone.
Nice to see it in Brawl, though.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yeah, yeah... we know.

What a waste of a good opportunity. Oh well, as long as Isaac is a playable character I can forgive Sakurai for this terrible decision.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
As I said in the other topic, that's highly improbable. Marowak probably won't appear in the game at all... Besides Cubone is so much cuter and more awesome then Marowak.

Mike966

Smash Cadet
*hugs Cubone*

Also:

Check out Pikachu. He looks cool!
Like an actual rodent, almost! I like!
you're right!! it's the first time i can say pikacho looks cool!

on topic, Munchlax would great for brawl, to be honest lucario seems like a much better fighter. Still i'll never lose hope. Munchlax 4 Brawl!!!

Kor

Smash Apprentice
Call me greedy, but I'd love to see a Rocket Trainer or something. Another trainer with 3 different pokes.

Something like Machop > Haunter > Alakhazam.

But I'm of the opinion that every series needs some sort of rival or villan represented.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
sandman's colossal thread is closed, but I really think today's update is slowly inching toward proving him right. First, look at just the elements represented. Second, the couple of Pokemon you can see are 1st gen. (Dugtrio and Cubone anyway). I'm really thinking the 4th gen's chances are looking nil.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
The flying stage has both a Skarmory and, in the distance, what looks like a drifloon, the latter of which is from the first gen. So it's possible we may get some 4th gen pokemon appearing after all (not necessarily playable, but there might be a few pokeballs given to them).

Edit:

Taken from the PS2 stage thread in the dojo update forum, credit goes to Dragonrider. Definitely seems to be a drifloom.

Top Bottom