• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Farca

Smash Cadet
GENGAR FTW! I remember I would always see get him when I played the games. They really need a ghost Pokemon in the game, and Gengar would be a good first.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Octillery>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Porygon-Z.
FLAMETHROWING OCTOPUS!!!
Octopi are icky. :p

P.S. - Calling yourself "emo" or "goth" is kind of a bad idea, me thinks. To me, that basically just says "Hey, I want you to think I'm cool and unique". Though "emo haters" are just as bad, I think. Let's all just get along, yeah?

smashbot226

Smash Master
Eh... bad taste, as a small-time comedian, but... how 'bout Meowth? He seems... alright, I suppose. Lucario is slightly overrated, only cuz you can get him thru to things: trading and Iron Island. And he was in that movie... Mewtwo could kill him.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

P.S. - Calling yourself "emo" or "goth" is kind of a bad idea, me thinks. To me, that basically just says "Hey, I want you to think I'm cool and unique". Though "emo haters", are just as bad, I think. Let's all just get along, yeah?
Yeah I know...I kinda realized that right as I was clicking the submit button

I forgot what the point was in that I was trying to make in the first place

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Eh... bad taste, as a small-time comedian, but... how 'bout Meowth? He seems... alright, I suppose. Lucario is slightly overrated, only cuz you can get him thru to things: trading and Iron Island. And he was in that movie... Mewtwo could kill him.
Mewtwo probably would kill him. Example:

Mewtwo: YOU DARE GET IN MY WAY FOR BRAWL!? DIE!!!!
Lucario: ...Oh ****...

Both are cool though, and so's Meowth.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

P.S. - Calling yourself "emo" or "goth" is kind of a bad idea, me thinks. To me, that basically just says "Hey, I want you to think I'm cool and unique". Though "emo haters" are just as bad, I think. Let's all just get along, yeah?
To me it says "Hey, I'm not cool and unique! I'm fitting into a stereotype just for attention." =P

Cubone for Brawl!:grin:

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
To me it says "Hey, I'm not cool and unique! I'm fitting into a stereotype just for attention." =P

Cubone for Brawl!:grin:
I like how you try to make your post be in topic by throwing a random "cubone for brawl" message.

Either way calling someone or calling yourself "EMO" is plain stupid. I am not talking about the trend/style or what ever. EMO is a subgenre of hardcore punk. Which was what you may call emotional music. Over time people started referring to the people who listen to this music as "EMO" What peole do is the equivilant of calling someone who listens to rap as rap. "Hey that group of Rap kids are eating fried chicken."

Ignoring my plain stereo typing the use of the word rap in that sentence doesn't make much sense. This side of the argument was disputed at first but too many ignorant dumb ***** choose to still use the word "EMO" incorrectly. Over time the word EMO that is being used now has started to become what is being stereo type as. But non the less it is still stupid and if you use it in that way so are you.
Also don't reply saying "lol k guyz stop and go back to talking about pokemon" because i am saying it now and if you do you are a grade a douche.
stop talking about this and go back to talking about pokemon.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
PORYGON-Z MOVESET 1.0

B) Swift - Fires fast projectiles toward the opponent
FB) Tri-Attack - Fire 3 Beams...(Either straight forward or 3 diretions...whichever)
UB) Magnet Rise - A fast Propulsion upward, Harms enemy like a tackle attack, but upward (OR it could give Porygon-Z temp anti-Gravity movement...that would also be cool)
DB) Substitute - If attacked, leaves a replacement and warps behind an opponent

Final) Hyper Beam! - A powerful beam that goes all the way across the arena

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like how you try to make your post be in topic by throwing a random "cubone for brawl" message.

Either way calling someone or calling yourself "EMO" is plain stupid. I am not talking about the trend/style or what ever. EMO is a subgenre of hardcore punk. Which was what you may call emotional music. Over time people started referring to the people who listen to this music as "EMO" What peole do is the equivilant of calling someone who listens to rap as rap. "Hey that group of Rap kids are eating fried chicken."

Ignoring my plain stereo typing the use of the word rap in that sentence doesn't make much sense. This side of the argument was disputed at first but too many ignorant dumb ***** choose to still use the word "EMO" incorrectly. Over time the word EMO that is being used now has started to become what is being stereo type as. But non the less it is still stupid and if you use it in that way so are you.
Also don't reply saying "lol k guyz stop and go back to talking about pokemon" because i am saying it now and if you do you are a grade a douche.
stop talking bout this and go back to talking about pokemon.

We already know that...I bring that up all the time...I never said I was EMO and I am definetly not EMO...I said kinda like and it was to bring up a point....which I forgot what it was...

now look at my PORYGON-Z moveset

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Was that all aimed at me? I know what emo is and all of that stuff. I just hate stereotypes and how people fit into them instead of being themselves.

Cubone Moveset (I'm not used to making movesets, so don't criticize me to hard. =( )

Up B - ... I don't know. XD
Side B - Bonemerang: Throws the bone out like a boomerang. I'm thinking that the bone would be bigger and stronger then Link's boomerang to separate them.
B - Bone Club - Works kind of like Marth's fsmash. Except a lot shorter range.
Down B - Bone... spin? If you've ever seen that episode of Pokemon (don't ask me why I remember this... It's been a long time. XD) Cubone starts spinning his bone around to block Pikachu's electricity. So it would be a "guard" like move.

Yeah, I'm so ridiculously creative. [/sarcasm]

I know Cubone won't make it, but if Sakurai had wanted him to be in, I'm sure he could have created a much better moveset then I.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Was that all aimed at me? I know what emo is and all of that stuff. I just hate stereotypes and how people fit into them instead of being themselves.

Cubone Moveset (I'm not used to making movesets, so don't criticize me to hard. =( )

Up B - ... I don't know. XD
Side B - Bonemerang: Throws the bone out like a boomerang. I'm thinking that the bone would be bigger and stronger then Link's boomerang to separate them.
B - Bone Club - Works kind of like Marth's fsmash. Except a lot shorter range.
Down B - Bone... spin? If you've ever seen that episode of Pokemon (don't ask me why I remember this... It's been a long time. XD) Cubone starts spinning his bone around to block Pikachu's electricity. So it would be a "guard" like move.

Yeah, I'm so ridiculously creative. [/sarcasm]

I know Cubone won't make it, but if Sakurai had wanted him to be in, I'm sure he could have created a much better moveset then I.
B) Bonemerang - Throws Bone Club at opponent
FB) Bone Rush - Charges violently at opponent with club and strikes hard
UB) Rock Climb - Raises upward with levitating rocks
DB) Dig - Digs into ground or throw ground layer, can pop out for sneak attack...can only be hit by certain attacks

Final) Earthquake - Shakes the ground, stunning and severly damaging all who are affected.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
I am detecting a serious lack of fun in that moveset.
For no adequate reason, I will now make a bunch of stupid movesets for Pokemon that won't be playable in Brawl.
Pachirisu (I know it'd be a Pika-clone, and usurp Lucario's spot, but I love it so)
B-Spark-Leaps onto another Brawler, and shocks them with a jolt of electricity.
B^Quick Attack-Rapidly slams into another Brawler (cannot be shielded due to speed)
B<>Super Fang-Lunges and bites down with great force
BvBide-Waits in stationary position for short amount of time. Cannot move or be moved during this time. For every bit of damage Pachirisu takes during this time, it can release double that. When the time is up, if it has incurred any damage, it will glow. Now Pachirisu can release the energy.
Final Smash-Discharge-A thundercloud appears over the stage, and shoots out lightning throughout the stage. Pachirisu sits in the cloud.

Probopass (Because I can, b*tches)
B-Magnet Bomb-Releases a ball of magnetic energy. Probopass has limited control over it.
B^Magnet Rise-Levitates upward with electromagnetic force. Anything below it is shocked and blown back very far.
B<>Rock Throw-Rocks are flung in whatever direction Probopass is facing.
BvThunder Wave-Releases a wave of paralyzing electricity. It surrounds Probopass for several seconds, temporarily stunning any Brawler who touches it. Good for combos.
Final Smash-Zap Cannon. 'Nuff said.

More soon!!!
Lol.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am detecting a serious lack of fun in that moveset.
For no adequate reason, I will now make a bunch of stupid movesets for Pokemon that won't be playable in Brawl.
Pachirisu (I know it'd be a Pika-clone, and usurp Lucario's spot, but I love it so)
B-Spark-Leaps onto another Brawler, and shocks them with a jolt of electricity.
B^Quick Attack-Rapidly slams into another Brawler (cannot be shielded due to speed)
B<>Super Fang-Lunges and bites down with great force
BvBide-Waits in stationary position for short amount of time. Cannot move or be moved during this time. For every bit of damage Pachirisu takes during this time, it can release double that. When the time is up, if it has incurred any damage, it will glow. Now Pachirisu can release the energy.
Final Smash-Discharge-A thundercloud appears over the stage, and shoots out lightning throughout the stage. Pachirisu sits in the cloud.

Probopass (Because I can, b*tches)
B-Magnet Bomb-Releases a ball of magnetic energy. Probopass has limited control over it.
B^Magnet Rise-Levitates upward with electromagnetic force. Anything below it is shocked and blown back very far.
B<>Rock Throw-Rocks are flung in whatever direction Probopass is facing.
BvThunder Wave-Releases a wave of paralyzing electricity. It surrounds Probopass for several seconds, temporarily stunning any Brawler who touches it. Good for combos.
Final Smash-Zap Cannon. 'Nuff said.

More soon!!!
Lol.
Bleh...like Dig wouldn't be unique in a Brawl moveset and I like how I gave my Porygon Magnet Rise, giving him Anti-Grav movement like the UFO in Kirby

smashbot226

Smash Master
Nah. Lucario's would be this:

B: Aura Sphere; Chargeable attack; think Samus or DK.

B^: Sky Uppercut; A soaring uppercut that lifts Luke quite a bit of a distance.

BV: Blaze Kick; A sweeping kick with good knockback and fire effects.

B><: Force Palm; A rushing palm thrust attack that can break the foe's shield in one hit.

FS: Extremespeed: Luke would rush and jump with blazing speed, massacring anyone in his way.

How's that? I can make requests, if ya like!

rayecho

Smash Ace

B><: Force Palm; A rushing palm thrust attack that can break the foe's shield in one hit.

FS: Extremespeed: Luke would rush and jump with blazing speed, massacring anyone in his way.

that force palm is so ****ing powerful, take out the breaking the shield part in one hit.
what is FS?

MysticKenji

Smash Master

Aura Sphere is fine. So's Sky Uppercut

I think Force Palm should be a BV and B>< can be Dragon Pulse

Lucario's new name is Luke?

Corkimus

Smash Rookie
in response to a first page post I'm pretty sure the zelda series dominated the pokemom market consistently over the past what.. 20 years? Pokemon has been out for maybe 8 and the sales slumped due to aging generations who would prefer the nostalgia of the originals over all these wacky new pokemon. The only new content they added in melee was pichu which was imo unneeded. If any pokemon need to be in this game it needs to be jiggly pika and not pichu or mewtwo. But if they were to pull new pokemon in from the different series It would seem practical for them to introduce 2 more like they have done for each series.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
in response to a first page post I'm pretty sure the zelda series dominated the pokemom market consistently over the past what.. 12 years? Pokemon has been out for maybe 6 and the sales slumped dramatically If any pokemon need to be in this game it needs to be jiggly pika and not pichu or mewtwo.
What?Pokemon has been out for like 10 years....and Zelda has been out for nearly 20

MysticKenji

Smash Master
in response to a first page post I'm pretty sure the zelda series dominated the pokemom market consistently over the past what.. 12 years? Pokemon has been out for maybe 6 and the sales slumped dramatically If any pokemon need to be in this game it needs to be jiggly pika and not pichu or mewtwo.
This post sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.

Pokemon is second biggest franchise ever by Nintendo (Only Mario is bigger)

Sales slumped?

Say hi.

And Mewtwo definitely deserves a spot.

rayecho

Smash Ace
This post sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.

Pokemon is second biggest franchise ever by Nintendo (Only Mario is bigger)

Sales slumped?

Say hi.

And Mewtwo definitely deserves a spot.
i second that. Pokemon has been huge for a long time now.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Aura Sphere is fine. So's Sky Uppercut

I think Force Palm should be a BV and B>< can be Dragon Pulse

Lucario's new name is Luke?

It's a nickname of sorts. And why Dragon Pulse? It has no added effect. How about Dark Pulse? It does little damage, but it also stuns, like with a shield break. And Force Palm SHOULD be B>, because it's the configuration for so many dashing attacks.

Corkimus

Smash Rookie
Learn to support your facts I'm sure if you actually searched you'd realize that the pokemon GAME didn't bring in any more retail than the legend of zelda series but the entire franchise itself including tv show toys video games collectible trading cards etc and the like (which are not all owned only by nintendo) might be enough to validate your argument. The power of google will explain that if you just search the different sectors of nintendo revenues. Pokemon is right behind legend of zelda series but not by far which may change since its so very easy to expand something with no limit.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Learn to support your facts I'm sure if you actually searched you'd realize that the pokemon GAME didn't bring in any more retail than the legend of zelda series but the entire franchise itself including tv show toys video games collectible trading cards etc and the like (which are not all owned only by nintendo) might be enough to validate your argument. The power of google will explain that if you just search the different sectors of nintendo revenues. Pokemon is right behind legend of zelda series but not by far which may change since its so very easy to expand something with no limit.
This is no longer true, with the astoundingly robust sales of Diamond, Pearl, and even Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team.

Corkimus

Smash Rookie
Anyway point being I haven't played past gold and silver in the Japanese version if anything they need to do pokemon from the next slot up that so far fit the characteristics of ones they have already developed. Mewtwo was a nice addition but was alittle late and pichu (ugh). Something along that line would seem most fitting. If they wanna pass common trend. Furthermore a light or medium pokemon would seem work the best.

Corkimus

Smash Rookie
This is no longer true, with the astoundingly robust sales of Diamond, Pearl, and even Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team.
lol (aren't i the fool) didn't even know they were the latest games thought we were still on ruby and saphire. Twilight princess did turn out HUGE sales+ many of those games were bought as a package with a wii which is definitely a bonus to nintendo. Not sure if there were any astounding/captivating pokemon games for the wii system yet but as far as I know fans are yet to be displeased with the zelda story.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
lol (aren't i the fool) didn't even know they were the latest games thought we were still on ruby and saphire. Twilight princess did turn out HUGE sales+ many of those games were bought as a package with a wii which is definitely a bonus to nintendo. Not sure if there were any astounding/captivating pokemon games for the wii system yet but as far as I know fans are yet to be displeased with the zelda story.

Top Bottom