• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

rayecho

Smash Ace
Meh... I'd say Infernape is better. IMHO. Blaziken looks like a flashy breakdancer. Infernape probably throws flaming poop at people. Awesome.
it seems to me that the people that design the pokemon ran out of ideas and decided to copy Infernape off of Blaziken. But, if either one of these powerhouse characters get into Brawl....I will be satisfied. :chuckle:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Fire is my favorite type of pokemon, but honestly, all the fire starters post-Charmander are terrible. Actually, I think they get worse with each gen. :ohwell:

And Infernape is practically the only fire pokemon in Diamond and Pearl. >_< Aside from Heatran. Who is also uglier than sin. It's rather sad.

Um. Anyway. Zangoose, Drifblim and Grumpig for Brawl.

smashbot226

Smash Master
T-tar would be a better Pokeball Monster than brawler. I could see Rhy as a fighter.

Rhyperior:

A: Simple Jab

A>: A whack with his right stoneblade.

AV: A low kick

A^: A wiggle with his horn.

SMASH! A>: A stepping downward slice with his stoneblades.

SMASH! AV: A tornado spin with his arms outstretched.

SMASH! A^: Swings his two stoneblades in the air like scissors.

Grab A: Headbutt.

Grab>: Pushes foe away with horn.

Grab<: Flips foe overhead.

Grab^: Makes a small explosion beneath target.

GrabV: Slams foe's face on the ground.

Aerial A: Spins around with stoneblades outstretched.

Aerial AV: Flips upsidedown and thrusts his horn.

Aerial ^: Flip kicks in midair.

Aerial >: A scissor slice with his stoneblades.

Aerial <: A backick.

Dash A: A charging horn attack.

B: Rock Wrecker- Somewhat of a Falcon Punch, except with rocks.

B^: Stone Edge- Spin in midair surrounded by sharp stones, which give him midair boost.

BV: Hammer Arm- Knocks foe into the ground; think DK's headbutt.

B><: Megahorn- Charging attack horn first.

FS: Earthquake- name says it all.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Fire is my favorite type of pokemon, but honestly, all the fire starters post-Charmander are terrible. Actually, I think they get worse with each gen. :ohwell:

And Infernape is practically the only fire pokemon in Diamond and Pearl. >_< Aside from Heatran. Who is also uglier than sin. It's rather sad.

Um. Anyway. Zangoose, Drifblim and Grumpig for Brawl.
I'd have to disagree with your statements on the fire type starters. Typhlosion is just uber-cool and Infernape has the best stats out of all of them, I think...

In DP, there's the Chimchar line and Ponyta before the National dex, and a few more afterwards.

How would Drifblim work?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'd have to disagree with your statements on the fire type starters. Typhlosion is just uber-cool and Infernape has the best stats out of all of them, I think...
I didn't really mean stats. I was referring mostly to character design. The whole Chimchar line is ugly to me, Torchic is the only decent one out of her family, and then. . . the cyndaquil line is tolerable. Quilava is alright. But Charmander's still the champ.

All just my opinion though.

In DP, there's the Chimchar line and Ponyta before the National dex, and a few more afterwards.
Yeah, but Ponyta is first gen. I guess I should've been more specific—Chimchar and his line, and then Heatran, are the only new fire pokemon. And I think they're all really poorly designed. I don't count Ponyta and Rapidash in that statement because they are older pokemon brought back for a desperately fire-hungry game.

If there are other new fire-types besides Heatran and the Chimchar family, do tell, because I don't know of them.

How would Drifblim work?
Well, I'm a firm believer that anyone can work. Drifblim would certainly be a character we've never seen the likes of before, so it'd be tough to describe what he'd be like based on what we've see in Smash up to this point. But I mostly just threw him in there because I like him. I don't truly seem him as a viable Brawler.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Magmortar, Fire-Plate Arceus, and....err....that's it.

Lack of Fire-types in this gen makes me sad...
Ah, I forgot about Magmortar. He's actually pretty badass. Never heard of the other two though. I guess it's not quite as bad as I thought.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ah, I forgot about Magmortar. He's actually pretty badass. Never heard of the other two though. I guess it's not quite as bad as I thought.
Arceus is the God of pokemon...

In other words...he's ultimate...unstoppable! ...And not available in America

WIth all the non-American pokemon I basically stopped playing the games after Silver/ Gold

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Arceus is the God of pokemon...

In other words...he's ultimate...unstoppable! ...And not available in America

WIth all the non-American pokemon I basically stopped playing the games after Silver/ Gold
I thought I was done after Silver/Gold too. But then I was strollin' through Best Buy one day and Diamond just jumped at me.

The non-American stuff is pretty crappy, but I gladly sacrifice him to be able to buy Brawl earlier than everyone else.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Yes, it's unfortunate...

TIME FOR ANOTHER PKMN MOVESET!!!

Meowth

A: A simple scratch combo.

A>: Tail whip

AV: A tail spin

A^: upper scratch.

SMASH! A>: A double downward swipe.

SMASH! AV: A split kick.

SMASH! A^: A flip kick.

Dash A: A running flip kick.

Aerial A: Fury scratches in the air.

Aerial A>: A twin scratch attack.

Aerial A<: A double backick.

Aerial A^: An aerial flipkick.

Aerial AV: A spin in the air like a spiral.

Grab A: Nibble.

Grab >: Runs onto the opponent's face and kicks off of it.

Grab <: Suplex.

Grab^: Handstands on the opponents head then throws them up into the air.

GrabV: Trips foe then scratches foe to near death.

B: Fury Swipes- More you press B, the longer and stronger it'll be.

B><: Slash- A quick jump forward and a slice with Meowth's claws.

BV: Bite: Leaps into the air, then lands on the foe teeth first.

B^: Pay Day- A spin in the air. Coins scatter when performed.

FS: Last Resort- Mewoth transforms into a ninja and tosses coins at foes like ninja stars.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Actually, I don't think there are any non-American stuff from the past 3 generations. All the event Pokemon were released at least once in certain parts of the US, so I'm pretty sure they will do events for Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Actually, I don't think there are any non-American stuff from the past 3 generations. All the event Pokemon were released at least once in certain parts of the US, so I'm pretty sure they will do events for Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus.
Darkrai has a movie, so there may be an event based on that.

As for Shaymin and Arceus...eh, it'll probably just be a regular event for them.

T-major

Smash Champion
really, I don't think any of those pokemon deserve to be in. the one with the best chance is Lucario, but he isn't important besides the fact that he had a movie... he could be a cool character though, I'll admit that.

I voted for Scizor, simply because I think he would be an awesome Brawl character. I know he wont get in, but I can dream can't I?

rayecho

Smash Ace
really, I don't think any of those pokemon deserve to be in. the one with the best chance is Lucario, but he isn't important besides the fact that he had a movie... he could be a cool character though, I'll admit that.

I voted for Scizor, simply because I think he would be an awesome Brawl character. I know he wont get in, but I can dream can't I?
no you can't :mad:

angel551

Smash Cadet
Lucario is probably one of the most popular Pokemon contestants for SSBB, and I would play as him, he would be a fun character.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it's unfortunate...

TIME FOR ANOTHER PKMN MOVESET!!!

Meowth

A: A simple scratch combo.

A>: Tail whip

AV: A tail spin

A^: upper scratch.

SMASH! A>: A double downward swipe.

SMASH! AV: A split kick.

SMASH! A^: A flip kick.

Dash A: A running flip kick.

Aerial A: Fury scratches in the air.

Aerial A>: A twin scratch attack.

Aerial A<: A double backick.

Aerial A^: An aerial flipkick.

Aerial AV: A spin in the air like a spiral.

Grab A: Nibble.

Grab >: Runs onto the opponent's face and kicks off of it.

Grab <: Suplex.

Grab^: Handstands on the opponents head then throws them up into the air.

GrabV: Trips foe then scratches foe to near death.

B: Fury Swipes- More you press B, the longer and stronger it'll be.

B><: Slash- A quick jump forward and a slice with Meowth's claws.

BV: Bite: Leaps into the air, then lands on the foe teeth first.

B^: Pay Day- A spin in the air. Coins scatter when performed.

FS: Last Resort- Mewoth transforms into a ninja and tosses coins at foes like ninja stars
The fighting moves are good, but I'm not sure I like the Special Moves.
Pay Day should be Meowth's B neutral.
Fury Swipes should be his Forward B, and it would be sort of like Roy's Forward B, except with claws instead of a sword.
Up B should be Faint Attack, an upwards version of Fox's B Forward, and it can be controlled.
Down B is Fake Out, where Meowth projects a scary form, causing all in the area to be stunned and knocked back.
Final Smash is Last Resort, manifesting as a rain of burning-hot coins!!!

Florida

イーグランツ
Am I the only one who thinks that Mew would be an awesome playable Pokémon character? =3

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who thinks that Mew would be an awesome playable Pokémon character? =3
Unfortunately, no.
Mew doesn't deserve it, though. And wouldn't be awesome.
*adds Mew to list of stupid ideas, right up there with Waluigi and Master Chief*

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Unfortunately, no.
Mew doesn't deserve it, though. And wouldn't be awesome.
*adds Mew to list of stupid ideas, right up there with Waluigi and Master Chief*
Oh, come on, there's really no need for such flames
and it's still better then Waluigi

Besides, Mew is important, so he could get in, but I won't bet anything on it. And yes, he is awesome.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Why isn't Jigglypuff on this list?

I mean, I was playing a team battle two days ago and I totally kicked with Jigglypuff (Kirby partner) vs Samus and Ganondorf.
I was down to two lives (one with 80%) against Samus and Ganondorf (each with one life (50%)) and i totally combo'd them. I was like: bam-bam-bam-bam!

You had to be there.

Top Bottom