• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'd feel it'd be wasted potential, but I wouldn't be too bothered. There's no pokemon I feel is a must have for brawl really, just possible good ones.:ohwell:

And the fact he keeps mentioning Meowths iconic status and that Deoxys is a good rep for the 3rd generation shows at least acceptance of their chances and wouldn't mind their inclusion, which goes against your 'Lucario Nazi' definition of merely wanting Lucario. Not to mention that the only thing he seems to have said about Lucario is that he's a better choice of Blaziken, and due to his obvious dislike of the chicken, doesn't seem to be saying much.

Wrath`

Smash Master
i relized that i read flying dutchmans post and thought it was pipwhatevers' post. so FD is a lucario nazi.

dude i know lucario's chances are much higher than blaze,but people think blaze has no chance at,and guess what he does.

NEW WORD.
Anti-blaze exstremists: Will go against blaze at all costs and think he has 0% chance of making it to brawl

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
You perfectly fit my description of lucario nazi, you only think lucario has a chance. Look,yes you are right support here does not matter,but you said i was the only one besides n00bs who supported him,and i was showing you non n00bs who support him.

Mewtwo i think will return,when you said that, i knew you were a straight out lucario nazi.
Dont get me started on dragonite,he will never make it in before blaze.
there will be 3rd gen rep and blaze fits the quota, 3rd gen,in anime,samall part in movie, and more humanoid than deoxeys.
do you win tourny koarin? if so your not a noob if not you are I'm not i've one 7 tourny's you should not have false represintation.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Did you know that.... calling your opponent a Nazi is a sure winner in any debate.

In all honesty, my support lies most with Meowth. If anything, I'm a Meowth Nazi. :p
I support Deoxys because space viruses are made of win.
I do not support Balziken for the simple reason that if any starter gets in from RSE, it ought to be Sceptile. I wuvs Sceptile much, but I'm realistic. I know it has no chance.
Look,yes you are right support here does not matter,but you said i was the only one besides n00bs who supported him,and i was showing you non n00bs who support him.
Actually, what might matter is levels of support among intelligent Pokemon fans.
Intelligent Pokemon fans unite behing Meowth. Rawr!

NEW WORD.
Anti-blaze exstremists: Will go against blaze at all costs and think he has 0% chance of making it to brawl
I'm not an extremist, because I have logic on my side, while you have the magical powers of BS and bad grammar.

But truly, the most awesome Pokemon for Brawl would be Farfetch'd.

Wrath`

Smash Master
BAD GRAMMAR HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SPELLING!!!!!!!!!
POINT OUT THE BAD GRAMMAR I HAVE USED!!!!!!!.

Blaze has a chance, probably more than meowth. WHY???? His time came and went away with ssb and ssbm

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
dude i know lucario's chances are much higher than blaze,but people think blaze has no chance at,and guess what he does.
No capitalization, run-on sentence.
And blaze if you look around these boards is supported by some vetrans of smashboards, in wich including me.
If you don't think this is bad grammar, I am disturbed indeed.
Please, for all that is sacred and pwnsome, use good grammar. And possibly also good spelling, maybe?

Blaze has a chance, probably more than meowth. WHY???? His time came and went away with ssb and ssbm
But Meowth is still on the T.V. show, and the show actually has a massive effect upon sales, so Nintendo may want to recognize that by putting Meowth in now.
And Blaziken, despite everything, is still just one of the starters.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
But Meowth is still on the T.V. show, and the show actually has a massive effect upon sales, so Nintendo may want to recognize that by putting Meowth in now.And Blaziken, despite everything, is still just one of the starters.
Moewth is adored by the 4-10 year olds watching the show, Blazekein is liked by people who actually play the Pokemon games, and buy the games. Plus Blazekein is the only Pokemon starter to really have a popularity that is up there with the original 3, so that kicks in. Point is that unless Nintendo wants to aim for little children (sorta like with Pichu I guess), Meowth has a small fanbase and chance compared to Blazekein, period.

Also, how does Moewth have over 100 votes=geez=he's not going to happen=I'm about 98% positive Meowth won't be a playable character, though Meowth could very well be a Pokeball Pokemon. Still, you never know, Sakurai could aim for a younger audience like he did with Pichu, and I'm assuming that Meowth would be the best choice.

However, I hope Sakurai doesn't aim for a younger audience, and aims for us actual smashers, not the people who buy the game, play it for 10 minutes, hate it because they can't unlock a certain character, sell it, and go back to playing their fav crap games. Overall Moewth's reconizability is the only reason it stands ANY chance watsoever. Don't expect Meowth, or prepare to be disappointed.

Here, I'll make a realistic list for the Pokemon that actually have very or decently likely chances:

-Pikachu: If anyone says Pikachu won't make it, I'l probably cry in laughter at their stupidity, unless they were joking, in which I'll cry in laughter at their hilarious sarcasm. After being overpowered in SSB64, and nered in Melee, I'll assume it is rising to power again.

-Jigglypuff: A staple in the series, and a favorite amonst Pokemon fans. Plus it can beat down like most Pokemon dream, and is played quite often amongst smashers=semi-success at least.

-Lucario: The most desired Pokemon for Brawl, with a amazingly large fanbase, and is up there with the most desired characters for Brawl. I wouldn;t be surprised if Lucario is in the top 5 most desired characters for Brawl, it's that wanted.

-Mewtwo: Weak in Melee, but has potential. I don't see Mewtwo leaving, but I see radical changes in store for Mewtwo, hopefully for the better. Mewtwo could very well be the Samus of SSBB, in terms of turn arounds.

Now those are the 4 are think are well in, now I'll list two that are fighting for that final and coveted 5th spot, in order of chances:

-Deoxys: A pure original, in the sense it has 4 sick forms! One of the 5% of Pokemon I actually like, it has amazing psychic abilities, and some intresting attacks to back them up. A moveset is easy to think of, plus it has a good sized fanbase.

-Blazekein: The most popular starter since way back to :003: :006: :009: the begining! Sure Blastoise pwns any Pokemon anyday (:009: ftw!), but it's a Pokeball Pokemon, along with Venasaur and Charizard. (:003: :006:) The next best thing and next most popular Pokemon is definitely Blazekein.

Pretty good sized fanbase, could have some intresting attacks, especially considering it is a fighting type Pokemon, plus fire helps, and being the only Fire and Fighting type is a major plus. Still, don't expect Blazekein, but don't mark Blazekein off your list of likely Pokemon...yet.

This doesn't mean you're Pokemon that isn't on this list has no chance, just not as much as the 6 above. Overally you never know, and overall it comes down to popularity, importance to the series, and reconizability. Those 3 things, plus of course Sakurai's choosing deciede which Pokemon is in Brawl, and which Pokemon is not.

Any thoughts, ideas or comments=???

Side Note: No way Meowth has less chance than Deoxys! That is plain blastphomey!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well if Blaziken has a chance of getting in, Monferno would have a higher chance. He's used more than Blaze in competitive play now because of his stats and movepool. That does not mean I want them to be playable in the game. I would rather have all the starters as Pokeball characters.

Wrath`

Smash Master
@ dude with grammar. Run on scentences have to due with your STRUCTURE OF SCENTENCES, not grammar. You got me on the second one.

@mewtwo matser, Dont you mean infernape?

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
How can a transforming badass pokemon be losing to a unoriginal cat pokemon, and a luigified captain falcon clone. I can see how Lucario is beating him but meowth and blaziken! Come on!

strider43

Smash Journeyman
They should add Plusle and Minun as Doubles partners, like IceClimber, just to you know mix it up a little.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Moewth is adored by the 4-10 year olds watching the show, Blazekein is liked by people who actually play the Pokemon games, and buy the games. Plus Blazekein is the only Pokemon starter to really have a popularity that is up there with the original 3, so that kicks in. Point is that unless Nintendo wants to aim for little children (sorta like with Pichu I guess), Meowth has a small fanbase and chance compared to Blazekein, period.
Explain the poll, then. Oh, and I'm 17. I've noticed a lot of the borad support for Blaziken actually comes from the little kids. Just because Blaziken is a popular starter doesn't mean jack. Oh, and question: Are you a member of Serebiiforums? With the same name?
That would explain a lot.

Also, how does Moewth have over 100 votes=geez=he's not going to happen=I'm about 98% positive Meowth won't be a playable character, though Meowth could very well be a Pokeball Pokemon. Still, you never know, Sakurai could aim for a younger audience like he did with Pichu, and I'm assuming that Meowth would be the best choice.
It's never about a "younger audience", it's about broad marketing. Meowth would be an advertisement for the T.V. show. I love how you're so certain. It's as if Sakurai has personally given you assurances, Balziken-Nazi. Hah. I figured if a Balziken luvr calls me a Lucario Nazi, it's only fair to apply the term to die-hard Balziken luvrs.
However, I hope Sakurai doesn't aim for a younger audience, and aims for us actual smashers, not the people who buy the game, play it for 10 minutes, hate it because they can't unlock a certain character, sell it, and go back to playing their fav crap games. Overall Moewth's reconizability is the only reason it stands ANY chance watsoever. Don't expect Meowth, or prepare to be disappointed.
Recognizability and fanbase. Team Rocket is MUCH loved in Japan.

Here, I'll make a realistic list for the Pokemon that actually have very or decently likely chances:

-Pikachu: If anyone says Pikachu won't make it, I'l probably cry in laughter at their stupidity, unless they were joking, in which I'll cry in laughter at their hilarious sarcasm. After being overpowered in SSB64, and nered in Melee, I'll assume it is rising to power again.

-Jigglypuff: A staple in the series, and a favorite amonst Pokemon fans. Plus it can beat down like most Pokemon dream, and is played quite often amongst smashers=semi-success at least.

-Lucario: The most desired Pokemon for Brawl, with a amazingly large fanbase, and is up there with the most desired characters for Brawl. I wouldn;t be surprised if Lucario is in the top 5 most desired characters for Brawl, it's that wanted.

-Mewtwo: Weak in Melee, but has potential. I don't see Mewtwo leaving, but I see radical changes in store for Mewtwo, hopefully for the better. Mewtwo could very well be the Samus of SSBB, in terms of turn arounds.
Mewtwo's time has past. In Melee, it was understandable, but Mewtwo has lost most of its fanbase. And there are only a few people who would be sad to see it go, as opposed to, say, Falco.
Now those are the 4 are think are well in, now I'll list two that are fighting for that final and coveted 5th spot, in order of chances:

-Deoxys: A pure original, in the sense it has 4 sick forms! One of the 5% of Pokemon I actually like, it has amazing psychic abilities, and some intresting attacks to back them up. A moveset is easy to think of, plus it has a good sized fanbase.

-Blazekein: The most popular starter since way back to the begining! Sure Blastoise pwns any Pokemon anyday ( ftw!), but it's a Pokeball Pokemon, along with Venasaur and Charizard. ( ) The next best thing and next most popular Pokemon is definitely Blazekein.
Charizard is, believe it or not, still the most popular starter. If, and only if, they put a starter in, it will be Charizard. And this is entirely your opinion.
Pretty good sized fanbase, could have some intresting attacks, especially considering it is a fighting type Pokemon, plus fire helps, and being the only Fire and Fighting type is a major plus. Still, don't expect Blazekein, but don't mark Blazekein off your list of likely Pokemon...yet.
I already have. Because it's a starter, would play too much like Captain Falcon, is competing for the spot against a malevolent shape-shifting space virus, and had very little role in the anime.
This doesn't mean you're Pokemon that isn't on this list has no chance, just not as much as the 6 above. Overally you never know, and overall it comes down to popularity, importance to the series, and reconizability. Those 3 things, plus of course Sakurai's choosing deciede which Pokemon is in Brawl, and which Pokemon is not.
In my learned opinion, Farfetch'd has as much of a chance as Blaziken. But that's my opinion.
:p

Any thoughts, ideas or comments=???
You are a biased dunghead. That's what I think.
My idea is to find you and give you a swirly.
Comment: Sceptile>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dung>>>>>>>>>>>>Blaziken.

Side Note: No way Meowth has less chance than Deoxys! That is plain blastphomey!
Blaziken needs to be below them, or worse. And Meowth and Deoxys are at a virtual deadlock.

They should add Plusle and Minun as Doubles partners, like IceClimber, just to you know mix it up a little
:uzi:

Wrath`

Smash Master
pineappleupsetshar, dont make me come to sereibii and cause trouible now.
and if m2 time has come,so has mewowth's. same gen same boat.

i dont have the time now,but i will give you helzz tommorow

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
TWOK, yes I mean Infernape. I don't actually have one so I mix their names up easily.

I think Mewtwo should return. A character who transforms to 4 different forms would be too cheap. If it's only for certain attacks, then it would be quite boring because I'm pretty sure people want to see one of Deoxys forms more than another. IMO, he should be a Pokeball character.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
And you think there's absolutely NO WAY to even it out? I myself have a Deoxys moveset sitting in my computer somewhere, and it's not what anyone'd call "overpowered".

The wrath of Koarin said:
if m2 time has come,so has mewowth's. same gen same boat.
...Except that Meowth is still a regular in the show, movies, and games (well, some of the games. More than Mewtwo, anyway.). With any other franchise, this sort of thing would have little bearing, but Pokemon's a special case.

Johnknight1 said:
Meowth is adored by the 4-10 year olds watching the show, Blazekein is liked by people who actually play the Pokemon games, and buy the games. Plus Blazekein is the only Pokemon starter to really have a popularity that is up there with the original 3, so that kicks in. Point is that unless Nintendo wants to aim for little children (sorta like with Pichu I guess), Meowth has a small fanbase and chance compared to Blazekein, period.
I don't, and never did like Blaziken. Generally, the fire starter is the one everyone picks. Not cuz' it's a good choice, but because it's cool. Piplup's easily the best of the three DP starters, but I have yet to fight someone over WiFi who hasn't used an Infernape.

And for the record, I support Meowth, and I'm a healthy 16.

pineappleupsetshark said:
Team Rocket is MUCH loved in Japan.
And here. They're about the only reason I don't change the channel whenever I see the new Pokemon episodes on.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Im probly the best PRO Blaziken debate member here but. . . .

PIKA WITH F*** YOU UP IF YOU KEEP ARGUEING ABOUT BLAZIKEN!!!

Edit-And what does this poll have to do with anything? In the US Balziken, for the past 3-4 years, has been the top most wanted pokemon for w/e SSB3 would have been. If theres a US picked pokemon than it would be the one thats been on top sence melee. Can't see wifi battles with the US DP NOW having a choice over what happens in smash. . .

Edit again- Lucario's chances aint as high as you would think. He has proven to be a fad pokemon on other sites I go to (Nsider being the first to say "Meh, he aint really that cool now" way back in Jan). IMO any 4th gen pokemon we get will most likely be loved in Japan and not the US (Buneary/ Lopunny) because of the fact that the games been out there much longer.

So we have . . .
A very popular starter pokemon from R/S gen.
A phsy legendary event only pokemon that has the same title as M2.
A pokemon from a filler movie that lost most of it's popularity on the Nsider and Japan (They voted Deoxy to be on the 10th movie tickets out of all the movie pokemon) by being a fad pokemon.

I can't see any of them screaming "OMG, So in!". If theres another movie pokemon I would assume it would be Darkrai (actually plays the hero, not the M2 role, in the newest movie). And not all starters are pokeballed so the fire starter thats been top dog for 3+ years would have a good chance IMO.

Joe_Sumo

Smash Apprentice
These are all awful ideas. Lucario is most recent generation and a fighting type so i guess its the best of the worst.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Black/Light said:
Edit-And what does this poll have to do with anything? In the US Balziken, for the past 3-4 years, has been the top most wanted pokemon for w/e SSB3 would have been. If theres a US picked pokemon than it would be the one thats been on top sence melee. Can't see wifi battles with the US DP NOW having a choice over what happens in smash. . .
Who says Blaziken's the top pick? Unless you provide some sources, your claim that for 4 years, ONE Pokemon, out of over 300, has so captured the hearts of the entire Smash population seems a bit shaky.

Black/Light said:
Edit again- Lucario's chances aint as high as you would think. He has proven to be a fad pokemon on other sites I go to (Nsider being the first to say "Meh, he aint really that cool now" way back in Jan). IMO any 4th gen pokemon we get will most likely be loved in Japan and not the US (Buneary/ Lopunny) because of the fact that the games been out there much longer.
Since when have the Nsider forums been a reliable source to judge a character's popularity on? From where I'm standing, Lucario's got almost twice as many votes as any other Pokemon.

And you know...the only reason people like Lopunny is because it sortof looks like a girl. That aside, Sakurai's going for a more worldwide appeal with Brawl, so even if those Pokemon are popular over in Japan, they're not across the pond, so they don't have much chances. Then there's the fact that they haven't been featured outside of DP.

Black/Light said:
And not all starters are pokeballed so the fire starter thats been top dog for 3+ years would have a good chance IMO.
Which starter has been anything but a Pokeball Pokemon? If they weren't pokeball'd, then they weren't important/popular/whatever enough to be in the game at all.

Also, Charizard's better than Blaziken, but he's not getting in.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Who says Blaziken's the top pick? Unless you provide some sources, your claim that for 4 years, ONE Pokemon, out of over 300, has so captured the hearts of the entire Smash population seems a bit shaky.
Aww, your trying to make a point (this actually made me LOL).

It's a commonly known fact that Blazekin has been the hot pick for SSB ever sence the 3rd gen came out (Popular fire starter unseen rule it seems. Every other fire starter gets the hot pick in the US UK for SSB. 2nd was a no go and 4th gen looks to be all about the pip AS IN a no go for the monkey).

Since when have the Nsider forums been a reliable source to judge a character's popularity on? From where I'm standing, Lucario's got almost twice as many votes as any other Pokemon.
Actually, BEFORE this poll was remade to only give you ONE pokemon to vote for Blaziken was stumping the dog mess out of Lucario.
And the Nsider is the only place Sakurai has said anything to or shown any interst in. . . .hell, the most wanted Nintendo power character (they did a Nintendo power poll around E3 05 with readers) (character was Wario) along with the 3rd most wanted character (Pitt) are already confirmed.
Im pretty sure what happens at nintendo has more effect than what polls go on here. . .

And you know...the only reason people like Lopunny is because it sortof looks like a girl. That aside, Sakurai's going for a more worldwide appeal with Brawl, so even if those Pokemon are popular over in Japan, they're not across the pond, so they don't have much chances. Then there's the fact that they haven't been featured outside of DP.
. . . .It's foolish to assume that every pokemon will be a US UK pick. Gard, Buneary/ Lopunny have been popular over there for a long time now (Grad was the ONLY pokemon on his list last summer) and Japan is still the hottest place for pokemon love.

Really, he aint going to ignore Japan to try to find some . . . SOME pokemon that both Japan and the US likes.

Which starter has been anything but a Pokeball Pokemon? If they weren't pokeball'd, then they weren't important/popular/whatever enough to be in the game at all.
2nd gen water starter was not in a pokeball. There, not ALL starters are pokeballed.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Aww, your trying to make a point (this actually made me LOL).

It's a commonly known fact that Blazekin has been the hot pick for SSB ever sence the 3rd gen came out (Popular fire starter unseen rule it seems. Every other fire starter gets the hot pick in the US UK for SSB. 2nd was a no go and 4th gen looks to be all about the pip AS IN a no go for the monkey).
Pokemon is actually the only franchise where that means very little.
Even for Jigglypuff, it was only Japanese fans that pushed it in.
Blaziken has nowhere near the popularity in Japan it has in America.

Actually, BEFORE this poll was remade to only give you ONE pokemon to vote for Blaziken was stumping the dog mess out of Lucario.
Having multiple votes is inaccurate for gauging support. This way, people vote for the one they support the most.
Really, he aint going to ignore Japan to try to find some . . . SOME pokemon that both Japan and the US likes.
Which is why Blaziken's chances are about 10%.
2nd gen water starter was not in a pokeball. There, not ALL starters are pokeballed.
No, some are completely ignored and forgotten. :p

Black/Light, your arguments may work on Serebiiforums, but they don't work here.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Pokemon is actually the only franchise where that means very little.
Even for Jigglypuff, it was only Japanese fans that pushed it in.
Blaziken has nowhere near the popularity in Japan it has in America.
Thats why I said this. . .

"And what does this poll have to do with anything? In the US Balziken, for the past 3-4 years, has been the top most wanted pokemon for w/e SSB3 would have been. If theres a US picked pokemon than it would be the one thats been on top sence melee."

Please, don't jump in if you don't know what I was first talking about :p.
Everything goes better that why.

Having multiple votes is inaccurate for gauging support. This way, people vote for the one they support the most.
It's reasonable to assume more than one pokemon will get in. . . and you could only vote for your top 3 picks on that one. It wasn't a contast to see how is most liked, just a poll to see which pokemon are more popular here.
This thread's title SCREAMS noobish Nsider.

Which is why Blaziken's chances are about 10%.
Proof? And as C-M said, Sakurai is going for a world wide appeal. DOESn'T mean he aint picking things for Japan but it does mean he will pick things for us.

No, some are completely ignored and forgotten. :p
Actually, Totodail (sp) was a trof. Not a "pokeball pokemon" but still in the game. . .

Black/Light, your arguments may work on Serebiiforums, but they don't work here.
. . . .Which is why I go down as the greatest Pro Blaziken debate member here right?
Do I know you from Serebii?

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
I've actually had a basically identical argument with you on Serebii, in the Brawl thread there. Recognized the user name.
And I don't see how anyone can claim the title of best pro-Blaziken debater, considering how hard it is to defend that position without looking like a rabid fanboy.
Anyhoo, this poll wins.
Why, you ask?
Because it has Farfetch'd on it.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Black/Light said:
It's a commonly known fact that Blazekin has been the hot pick for SSB ever sence the 3rd gen came out (Popular fire starter unseen rule it seems. Every other fire starter gets the hot pick in the US UK for SSB.
Well, I've never heard of this 'fact', and in a case like this, a smart person would show some evidence to support a claim like that, as opposed to repeating what they said before.

Black/Light said:
And the Nsider is the only place Sakurai has said anything to or shown any interst in. . . .hell, the most wanted Nintendo power character (they did a Nintendo power poll around E3 05 with readers) (character was Wario) along with the 3rd most wanted character (Pitt) are already confirmed.
When's Sakurai ever said anything about any internet forum, language aside?

Also, who didn't think Pit and Wario were getting in the next one? Really...

Black/Light said:
Im pretty sure what happens at nintendo has more effect than what polls go on here. . .
Nintendo's forums also happen to be full of 13 year old boys who can't get enough Diddy Kong Racing and Pokemon XD. They might have the official name, but they don't have the SWF cool.

Black/Light said:
That's...actually what he said he was going to do.

Black/Light said:
Yes, as you pointed out...Totodile was a trophy. My point is: no other starter has been anywhere near the playable-level. Not an NPC, not an AI opponent...not nothing. Therefore, there's no prior evidence to support the idea of a starter being a playable character.

Black/Light said:
If theres a US picked pokemon than it would be the one thats been on top sence melee.
Since you brought this up again...

But he's not going to pick a "US-only" Pokemon. You agree on this. So how again are you a good Blaziken supporter?

the CRAB

Smash Cadet
i dont want any eevee evolutions, i just want eevee. there needs to be someone cuter than boozer.

they could make him like pichu...just...not crap.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Just as a SSB fan, not as a Pokemon fan, I find Blaziken looking like a better character. I just compared him with Lucario, on wikipedia and my first pick would be Blaziken, although that Lucario seems a much better character as I expected. A little one-sided compared to the fire-type, but overall, I expected to find people suggesting just the first gen starter pokemon. That Charizard from SSBM doesn't seem like a good playable character, even if you come up with some insane moveset it would either be far overpowered or one or two powerful attacks that have been too heavily compensated.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
When will people learn that ALL pokemon are equally unimpressive compared to Cubone/Marowak.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Undrdogs team sucks.

Do i have to go to seribii? i will and will cause hell.

Pinapledude, you have no facts and rely on the fanboyisms you have to try to bring someone down

Black/Light

Smash Master
And I don't see how anyone can claim the title of best pro-Blaziken debater, considering how hard it is to defend that position without looking like a rabid fanboy.
I said "best Pro Blaziken debater HERE" because. . . WELL, I have been here supporting Blaziken for the past year of my membership without being a "rapid fan-boy". I actually only say anything about Blaziken if someone says some bs agaisn't her and well I argue I use logic and reason (Unlike most of the new Blaze supporters here. . .).

Really, just ask around. . . h***, just ask Kaid (your Lucario thread creator) :ohwell:.

Meh. . . might as well reply to C-M
Well, I've never heard of this 'fact', and in a case like this, a smart person would show some evidence to support a claim like that, as opposed to repeating what they said before.
I repeat, it is a commonly known fact that the fire starter, when they are popular (in other words, not the 2nd or 4th gen ones) are always a hot pick for SSB.

Too bad if you can't see this. Ask around please. . .

When's Sakurai ever said anything about any internet forum, language aside?
The fact that he directly replied to NOA Andy's numbers (in a PM) for the new character's love back after E3 06 on the Nsider smash forums JUST so that Andy could post his reply for the forum to see. Thats the only forum in english that I know of that he replyed to. . . and the fact that thats the forum he linked to the SSBB site.

Also, who didn't think Pit and Wario were getting in the next one? Really...
Wario, as I said, was the number one Nintendo power SSB3 poll winner and Pitt ( a REALLY unknown character to does of us who didn't play his games like 20 years ago) came in 3rd. SURE, Wario is well known. . . but who just KNEW Pitt would just HAVE to be in SSB3? He isn't a very well known character you know. . .
Coincidence that this pretty much unknown character to the masses got to be one of the first new comers seen after being 3rd on the "Nintendo power SSB3 wish list" from fans?

Nintendo's forums also happen to be full of 13 year old boys who can't get enough Diddy Kong Racing and Pokemon XD. They might have the official name, but they don't have the SWF cool.
Well, of the two Sakurai chose the Nintendo forum to reply and link to.

That's...actually what he said he was going to do.
Actually, he said that they might still add in some Japan only/ Japan popular characters because of how F-E turned out. Still, expect some Japanese love.
(I mean, come on now. He DID only let Japan post their wants for SSBB back when he was taking character suggestions. )

Yes, as you pointed out...Totodile was a trophy. My point is: no other starter has been anywhere near the playable-level. Not an NPC, not an AI opponent...not nothing. Therefore, there's no prior evidence to support the idea of a starter being a playable character.
MY point was that he has proved that not all starters have to be pokeballed. We had no proof that Sakurai would have winged characters fly for their up B but that happened. . .same with the final smash. All I proved was that Starters=/=auto pokeyballed pokemon so what else is could I prove? Wait. . .PITT! Pitt (and Wario) showed that troffs can become playable characters. So a starter troff COULD be closer to playable than you think.

But, point is that not all starters are forced to be pokeballed pokemon. The end.

Since you brought this up again...

But he's not going to pick a "US-only" Pokemon. You agree on this. So how again are you a good Blaziken supporter?
*sigh*
Prove to me that there wont be a "US only popular Pokemon pick"? Heres a list for you to look at. . .

Gard (and it's boy form)/ Lopunny/ Buneary = Japan's most popular pokemon for SSBB
Blaze/ Deoxy/ Lucario = US/UK most popular pokemon for SSBB

Where do we see a overlapping fan base? IDK. . . but I would surely enjoy seeing how he would pick pokemon that are only loved by US/UK AND Japan.

And ask around to see your last point. Maybe ask the few vet pokemon supports here. . . ya know, ones that been here been more that 3-5 months.

(Not like Im lieing or trying to bend the facts. The ONLY way Blaziken would get in is if Sakurai takes her fame in the US/ UK into account in some manner.)

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
But Lucario wins by nature of being a rather good Pokemon, and being an effective marketing symbol. NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE CHIBI LUCARIO DOLL. Rawr.
Gard (and it's boy evol)/ Lopunny/ Buneary = Japan's most popular pokemon for SSBB
Blaze/ Deoxy/ Lucario = US/UK most popular pokemon for SSBB
Because Japan is hentai-obsessed.
Have you seen the sheer amount of hentai involving Gardevoir?
It's incredibly disturbing.
Woo, tangent.

MY point was that he has proved that not all starters have to be pokeballed. We had no proof that Sakurai would have winged characters fly for their up B but that happened. . .same with the final smash. All I proved was that Starters=/=auto pokeyballed pokemon so what else is could I prove? Waite. . .PITT! Pitt (and Wario) shows that troffs can become playable characters. So a starter troff COULD be closer to playable than you think.
Whut. Da. Phuk.
If you could boil that argument down into one coherent sentence, I would very much appreciate it.
Pinapledude, you have no facts and rely on the fanboyisms you have to try to bring someone down
Arguing that Pokemon in SSBB will be all about economics and marketing is hardly a fanboy position. A cynic's position, yes. A fanboy would NEVER talk about marketing and merchandising.
In fact, the characters I'm most obsessed with getting into Brawl are Captain Olimar and King Dedede. I'm a fanboy of them, but NOT of Lucario or Deoxys. Possibly Meowth.
I support Lucario and Deoxys because both make practical sense from a business standpoint.

Black/Light

Smash Master
But Lucario wins by nature of being a rather good Pokemon, and being an effective marketing symbol. NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE CHIBI LUCARIO DOLL. Rawr.
Actually, if you want to talk about marketing, Muchlex (sp) was the first 4th gen pokemon to be seen and/or known of so it was used to advertize the 4th gen first. Than comes the new Pika rip (much like Pichu and P&M). Than comes Darkrai (star of the newest movie) and so on.

Can't see Lucario being the best to market pokemon DP seeing as sence (and way before) it came out here he has been losting his fame. . .
(Main place I see him is either here or in the anime part of Serebii where everyone wants Ash to get a Riolu)

Because Japan is hentai-obsessed.
Have you seen the sheer amount of hentai involving Gardevoir?
It's incredibly disturbing.
Woo, tangent.
I guess Sakurai wants some of that Gard tail too cause thats the only pokemon he put on his list. . .

Whut. Da. Phuk.
If you could boil that argument down into one coherent sentence, I would very much appreciate it.
If you could read down farer you would see what my point was. . . :ohwell:

Top Bottom