• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Charizard is the worst possible idea for Brawl. It's hard to implement, it's unfair to the 11 other final form starters, and there are much better choices.
And Meowth should get in before Charizard, because Meowth is one as much, if not more, merchandise, and for those who argue that the anime has no influence, I would point to the inclusion of Jigglypuff, and the Misty trophy in Melee. And Meowth has been in all but one episode of the show. Only Pikachu has been in more episodes.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
meowth before charizard? what are you smoking?
charizard has been pokemons top tier for a while now. he, pikachu, and mewtwo where the most popular in the first generation, and charizard still starred in the third movie. Charizard for Brawl!!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
Yay for Meowth! Are you sure about that episode thing though? I'm not an expert on the anime, but I think he's been absent more than once...

Bahamut27

Smash Apprentice
Charizard is the worst possible idea for Brawl. It's hard to implement, it's unfair to the 11 other final form starters, and there are much better choices.
And Meowth should get in before Charizard, because Meowth is one as much, if not more, merchandise, and for those who argue that the anime has no influence, I would point to the inclusion of Jigglypuff, and the Misty trophy in Melee. And Meowth has been in all but one episode of the show. Only Pikachu has been in more episodes.
Charizard is a firts pokemon was in the serie, all people like that pokemon strong a use fire, mew only show some time...

Charirizard is better of brawl... it is a classic

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
write charizard if anything is for the most of the part is overrated. Sorry my friend bahamut (dragons flame) lol inside joke i hope go ff7,8,9 kingdom hearts 1,2 remix and chain of memory's:)

Pip

Smash Apprentice
i think ditto lol that would be funny muhahaha
Hold on, there may be something to that. Ditto is something that could be done with almost no effort at all by the developers and could offer an interesting way to play. Say you select Ditto and in the half of a second as the match starts before characters are allowed to move it randomly transforms into one of the other characters in the match. Then it could again randomly transform into another character in the match any time it wants by taunting, but this process would take longer (on the order of several seconds) to keep it from being too powerful.

Essentially it would be a weird form of that character that shows up in some fighting games that just uses other characters styles randomly, like Edgemaster in SC2 (except that Ditto would only choose from the characters in the match and could change mid-match).

NukeA6

Smash Master
Lucario is a steel, fighting type which is unique and isn't an electric rat which qualifies him as a character that deserves to be in Brawl.

Not only that; he's very popular and is cool. Kinda reminds me of Mewtwo but with martial arts and Ki blasts.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Lucario is a steel, fighting type which is unique and isn't an electric rat which qualifies him as a character that deserves to be in Brawl.

Not only that; he's very popular and is cool. Kinda reminds me of Mewtwo but with martial arts and Ki blasts.
Indeed worthy but do you actually think he'll make it? i really hope so, so I think he is somewhat similar to mewtwo, but in my opinion i think Deoxys should also make it, after all they are both popular and legendary but if only one an take a brawl spot then I would definetly choose Deoxys over Lucario

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Pip said:
Hold on, there may be something to that. Ditto is something that could be done with almost no effort at all by the developers and could offer an interesting way to play. Say you select Ditto and in the half of a second as the match starts before characters are allowed to move it randomly transforms into one of the other characters in the match. Then it could again randomly transform into another character in the match any time it wants by taunting, but this process would take longer (on the order of several seconds) to keep it from being too powerful.

Essentially it would be a weird form of that character that shows up in some fighting games that just uses other characters styles randomly, like Edgemaster in SC2 (except that Ditto would only choose from the characters in the match and could change mid-match).
He'd do a bit less damage with all his moves (Dittos in-game have less powerful moves than the Pokemon they've transformed into), but I have to say, that's not a bad idea.

And by the way, Edgemaster's SC1's clone-guy. Charade is from SC2, and I think Ocoladon is from the 3rd one.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
meowth before charizard? what are you smoking?
charizard has been pokemons top tier for a while now. he, pikachu, and mewtwo where the most popular in the first generation, and charizard still starred in the third movie. Charizard for Brawl!!
Charizard isn't the GOD of Pokemon. It's the n00b's Pokemon. True, there are some non-n00bish fans of the first fire starter, but the mass of its fans are little kids.
And I thought Entei was the star of the third movie, along with the horde of Unown.
And Charizard isn't a he. It is a he/she, since GSC. Get with the times.

Yay for Meowth! Are you sure about that episode thing though? I'm not an expert on the anime, but I think he's been absent more than once...
Nope. Since the second episode, Meowth has appeared in the show.
And the second episode was when Team Rocket was introduced, of course.
That's a bit harsh, I'm pretty sure that title goes to Munchlax.
No, it really belongs to Red. I was exaggerating. Charizard is only, like, 5th worst.
charizard is also underrated.
Not really. At least, not among the kiddies.
Indeed worthy but do you actually think he'll make it? i really hope so, so I think he is somewhat similar to mewtwo, but in my opinion i think Deoxys should also make it, after all they are both popular and legendary but if only one an take a brawl spot then I would definetly choose Deoxys over Lucario
They'll need representatives from both generations. Lucario is one of the chief mascots of the 4th generation. It was important enough to get a movie, even though it's not a legendary.
Hitmonlee Ftw!
Farfetch'd>Hitmonlee.
Duck with leek=pwnage.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Deoxeys does not represent the 3rd gen
Deoxys is one of the 3rd generation Pokemon, is a legendary, and is generally regarded as the best 3rd generation choice for Brawl.
I'm not even going to argue with you if you start spitting out Blaziken propaganda.
Blaziken is the new Charizard in terms of the amount of moronic n00b support.
EDIT: Holy ****! Meowth has pulled ahead of Deoxys!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Oh Gods! Everyone knows cats are better than DNA.

As for the 3rd gen, which movies starred 3rd gen Pokemon? The Lucario movie had the Regis in it, but not only are they (stupid) not very important, but they're not central to that plot. Now, Deoxys had his own movie about him, and he's also one of the more talked about, given his obscene rarity. If you're anything more than a casual Pokefan, you know who he is.

Plus he looks cool, and a Smash incarnation would rule. Moreseo than a generic fighter with fire attacks, anyway.

EDIT - I probably forgot a movie or two, so...just take that with a pich of salt.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I think Jirachi had one(Groudon also appeared), as well as Latios and Latias. Though Jirachi is the Mew of the 3rd generation (another rare and useless pokeball character then) and Latios and Latias aren't really workable.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
Knew I forgot something. Groudon's already in, I'll bet the farm Latios/Latias won't even appear (how unique were they, right?) in Brawl, and Jirachi is basically what you said.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
I picked Rukario(Lucario for those who use the dubbed name).

Why? First off, unique typing amoung Pokemon. In addition, he/she could have quite a few different attacks(Aura Sphere, Iron Defense and Vacuum Wave to name three interesting ones).

Secondly, a GREAT representive of the 4th Gen. He/She was one of the first revealed 4th Gen pokemon(I believe 3rd revealed) and has a movie with his name that "Stars" him(Even though Mew had a large role and such).

IMO, though...Deoxy is also getting in. Extremely interesting moveset possibilies gives him a nice edge. Deoxy would make a good 3rd Gen Representive.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Should I make a thread in General Brawl discussion about Poke Ball Pokemon? I know it technically falls under Items, but I think it deserves its own topic.
Oh Gods! Everyone knows cats are better than DNA.
Especially ones that can talk, and throw gold coins at their enemies.
I am depressed that Blaziken is second in this poll. There are too many reasons NOT to include Blaziken. It's one of 12 final form starters, so it would be unfair to the other 11. It doesn't have the same iconic status Meowth does. Deoxys is a far better representative for the 3rd generation, and would serve as a good replacement for Mewtwo. Some have argued it would be a Captain Falcon clone. It doesn't have the same status on the anime (need I remind anyone, Pokemon is the only Nintendo franchise with a TV show that made as much of a cultural impact, if not more, and serves as amazing marketing for the games, so they'll likely be putting in Pokemon more important to the anime over fan-favorites) as it does in the fan community.
There are a large number of Pokemon more deserving to be in Brawl than Blaziken: Meowth, Deoxys, Lucario, Metapod, Paras!, Poliwhirl, Snorlax, Sceptile, Charizard (sad, but true), Psyduck,
Hitmonlee, Marowak, Farfetch'd, Hitmonchan.
Consider this a pre-emptive strike against balziken luvrs.

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
Yes you should have a thread in items for poke balls. There would be a lot of new choices and ideas to pick from.

:034:

Smash Hero
Should I make a thread in General Brawl discussion about Poke Ball Pokemon? I know it technically falls under Items, but I think it deserves its own topic.
Yes.

Also, Lucario gets my vote. Why?

One: Lucario is a popular pokemon in online fighting (D/P).

Two: Popular pokemon in other media (He/she (am i doin it rite??) was in one of the non-sucky movies).

Three: Enough moves to get a good enough moveset.

The only reason Lucario shouldn't be in is because he/she doesn't represent a whole generation of pokemon, like Pikachu did. Pichu, Jiggly and Mewtwo all got in because of immense popularity outside of the games (Pichu being in several anime episodes and a Pikachu special. Mewtwo has two movies dedicated to him. Jiggly is featured in numerous episodes of the animé.

I also agree with Pineapple on Blaziken. All starter pokemon except for Totodile/Feraligatr got into a pokeball (Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Chikorita and Cyndaquil). Blaziken can be like Hitmonlee/Scizor, follow the opponent and use Blaze Kick.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Deoxys is one of the 3rd generation Pokemon, is a legendary, and is generally regarded as the best 3rd generation choice for Brawl.
I'm not even going to argue with you if you start spitting out Blaziken propaganda.
Blaziken is the new Charizard in terms of the amount of moronic n00b support.
EDIT: Holy ****! Meowth has pulled ahead of Deoxys!
Just because he is a legdindary,does not mean he represents like lucario does for the 4th gen. And he is not the best choice ethier, i dont even need to blaze,there are other better than deoxeys. And blaze if you look around these boards is supported by some vetrans of smashboards, in wich including me.

YES MEOWTH PULS AHEAD, but sadly his time for ssb famedom left 7 years ago

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Uhhhh, since when has support among veteran members of Smashboards meant anything to Sakurai?
At the very least, defend Blaziken, or admit it has no shot.
And he is not the best choice ethier, i dont even need to blaze,there are other better than deoxeys.
What? Hitmonlee? Charizard? Dragonite? The return of Mewtwo? I think not.

Also, Sceptile>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Swampert>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dung>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blaziken

Wrath`

Smash Master
Uhhhh, since when has support among veteran members of Smashboards meant anything to Sakurai?
At the very least, defend Blaziken, or admit it has no shot.

What? Hitmonlee? Charizard? Dragonite? The return of Mewtwo? I think not.

Also, Sceptile>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Swampert>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dung>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blaziken
You perfectly fit my description of lucario nazi, you only think lucario has a chance. Look,yes you are right support here does not matter,but you said i was the only one besides n00bs who supported him,and i was showing you non n00bs who support him.

Mewtwo i think will return,when you said that, i knew you were a straight out lucario nazi.
Dont get me started on dragonite,he will never make it in before blaze.
there will be 3rd gen rep and blaze fits the quota, 3rd gen,in anime,samall part in movie, and more humanoid than deoxeys.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
You're definition is a little off then, seeing as he didn't mention Lucario at all in that post.:p

And Deoxys fills all of the points you mentioned for Blaziken, though instead of a pathetically small role in a pokemn movie, he's actually the star of one, and actually offers originality.

Wrath`

Smash Master
My definiton is spot on,due to the fact he mention him a few post before.
and blaze is original.
i will laugh if the next pokeball pokemon is deoxeys

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
He also mentioned Meowth and Deoxys, so that doesn't fit your 'Lucario Nazi' definition at all. Unless, you now say that anyone who shows an inkling of support for Lucario is 'Lucario Nazi', which just makes the term even redundant.

And how is Blaziken original? It's not like Smash is short of Fire using fighters.

And what would you do if the next pokeball pokemon turns out to be Blaziken?

Wrath`

Smash Master
you anwser for deoxeys and then ill anwser for blaze.since i asked first.

also,he just mention mwowth and deoxeys,he did not support thenm

Top Bottom