• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

MasterGary

Smash Ace
i wanna see the way they would animate a water pokemons attacks. I'm all for Blaziken but we've all seen fire, I wanna see some of the other types of attacks, like what a HydroPump would look like or something.( i dont count blastoises pokeball atack)

Wrath`

Smash Master
They could probalbly use graphics from XD gale of darkness( or whaterver it was coled)and vamp it up.

Plus it could leav damp spots on the ground

MasterGary

Smash Ace
yeah something like that. and it would be kinda intresting if the pokemon were cel-shaded like all anime characters in games are supossd to be. they never looked right in my opinion.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
i wanna see the way they would animate a water pokemons attacks. I'm all for Blaziken but we've all seen fire, I wanna see some of the other types of attacks, like what a HydroPump would look like or something.( i dont count blastoises pokeball atack)
How about Blastoise as a playable character! :laugh: Blastoise owns all, we can all agree on that, but i'm fine just aas long as he stays as a Pokeball Pokemon (as much as I like him, he wouldn't work as a playable character) :009:

he just shot blue blast that push u back, thats not even water like. it would b cool if it at least splatterd when it hit something.
I heard Blastoise, as well as Charizard and Venasaur got a special attack only they can use in Fire Red/Leaf Green. That would be a neat attack, or it would be neat if the Pokeball Pokemon could use mulitple attacks=:).

Poliwhirl would be cool.infernape > blaze.
I went from hating infernape
to liking him better than blaze
Poliwhirl sucks, choose a better 1st gen Pokemon at least. Basically all the good and workable 1st gen Pokemon have been used. Maybe Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, but they are based on Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan (hence: their names). So basically all the good, workable, and popular (who wants Nindora or Nidorino=weak) Pokemon have been used.

I wonder how many Pokemon will be added in pokeball items...how many were in Melee?
Somewhere inbetween 30 and 50 in Melee, I can't get any more accurate. I think somewhere in the high 30's or mid, mid-low, or low 40's. There were like somewhere inbetween 10-20 in SSB 64, so SSBB should have around 60 or so.

yeah something like that. and it would be kinda intresting if the pokemon were cel-shaded like all anime characters in games are supossd to be. they never looked right in my opinion.
I like the way Pickachu looks in the SSBB trailers, and I never liked its looks ever before. I like the cel-shaded idea, but not with all of them. Some would look okay with normal graphics, but you are right, some of the Pokemon just never look right.

Tera253

Smash Ace
So here we go. We're restarting the Pokemon poll, this time with only the top vote-getters from the last poll. You may only vote for one this time, as this is the final showdown (until we restart it again :p). kaid has also organized the links to each of the Pokemon's threads on the forum, so that you can go talk directly about them if you so wish.

Lucario
Blaziken
Deoxys
Meowth
Dragonite
Charizard
Scizor
Hitmonlee (and Hitmonchan)
Cubone
Sandshrew
Pichu Bros
Eevee
Gengar

Happy voting!
Mcfox, Tera just realizd something: why isn't Paras up there?
we all know you have the power to make yuor vote count as 356, so why not try it?
~Tera253~

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I heard Blastoise, as well as Charizard and Venasaur got a special attack only they can use in Fire Red/Leaf Green. That would be a neat attack, or it would be neat if the Pokeball Pokemon could use mulitple attacks
The moves you are talking about are Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon. You can get the Johto starters with those moves on Pokemon XD: GD, and on Diamond and Pearl, all the starters of each generation can learn it. Plus it would be hard to come up with an original way to show Blast Burn or Hydro Cannon.

D

Deleted member

Meowth. I have fond memories of when Pokemon was a grand series and Meowth was my favourite character. There are some moves apart from Pay Day that could probably be implemented for him, such as scratch (which would work out to be something like Bowser's claw attack but with a smaller range and more hits).

RyNo 86

Smash Journeyman
Now, I'm just spit ballin here, but while Blazikin is probably going to make it, I could honestly see Farfetch as a playable char. Now I'm not saying I want Farfetch but I could think of it's move set:

A: slap stick-smack enemy with stick
>A: stick jab-stab enemy with stick
^A: sand attack- shoots sand up into the air
vA: tail wag-similar to yoshis tail attack

B: gust-blows wind at enemy-similar to bowsers fire breath
>B: wing attack-hit with wing
^B: fly-similar to peachs umbrella, and he glides down
vB: dive bomb

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Until I actually see Infernape in action, I'm going to reserve judgment on him (might take a while, I was going to go for Piplup when I get the game). For now, he just seems to be a repeat of Blaziken, though I prefer his design to Blazikens.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Until I actually see Infernape in action, I'm going to reserve judgment on him (might take a while, I was going to go for Piplup when I get the game). For now, he just seems to be a repeat of Blaziken, though I prefer his design to Blazikens.
he has better defence and is overall better.
@ fawierel..........................................................................................................................
I?????????DONT????KNOW????

Wrath`

Smash Master
Sig hate,wow

Infernape is the best fire starter so far
venasaur is the best grass starter
and feraligator is th best in water

Fawriel

Smash Master
... I just spontaneously realized what a weird, random, off-topic conversation this has become. Time to unsubscribe!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I think Darkrai should make some kind of an appearance (either Pokeball, playable, or stage). It would be interesting to have him put others to sleep and attack them in their sleep.

D

Deleted member

The worst starters were probably the ones from Ruby and Saphire. I can't remember the water/fire ones, but the grass one was odd.

Top Bottom