• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to point out that Scizor is already in a pokeball. If they decided to only expand on the variety of Pokemon appearing in pokeballs, than Scizor wouldn't appear as a new character. And if anything is going to represent the second gen, it will most likely be Pichu. I'm not saying I'd like it, but that's the most likely. He's already there, he could just be Luigified a little more.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I believe Harliart was asking what happens when Jigglypuff Rests that causes the massive knockback. I mean, when Harliart dozes off, he probably doesn't launch anyone who's clipping inside of him away fifty feet.

I believe Nintendo has always explained it as Jigglypuff somehow stores a massive, compressed core of energy inside itself that only exists for a fraction second and, if another character is clipped inside of it, they get launched away. Or something like that.

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
Stick with the Evils

Remember Folks We have Pikachu and Jiggs and the Villian Mewtwo we need another take out MewTwo and you got Deoxs Take out Jiggs you get Lucario*or dragonite* take out pichu you get Blaziken thats it final nuff said.

Deoxys
Lucario
Dragonite
Blaziken

For Brawl

Lets here it! Some one make a sig with all four of them in there!!!!!!
Those should be the top four for pokemon to be in the game.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I know this guy has a low chance of appearing in Brawl but what would you think of Shiftry? He has the humanesque appearance and looks a bit menacing, not to mention no starter/legendary discrimination, I think he would suit it well (restating I know he has low chance)

darkshy

Smash Ace
I personally say Deoxys because he is a legendary pokemon and he desereve more credit. I think if they do choose him he'll have a very storng and flashy (can't forget flashy) attack. That's my 2 cents.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I personally say Deoxys because he is a legendary pokemon and he desereve more credit. I think if they do choose him he'll have a very storng and flashy (can't forget flashy) attack. That's my 2 cents.
Two bits not two cents dumbazz.

Has anyone forgot about Buneary the cute pokemon JPN is almost gaunteed to put in brawl.

SuperSmashKing009

Smash Ace
NNID
SSK009
3DS FC
0404-7569-9294
I voted for Lucario because he looks like he is made for SSBB plus I think Blaziken is a good choice and here are there pics:

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
Meowth doesn't need to be Team Rocket's. Granted, maybe a SSBB Meowth should reference Team Rocket's Meowth in some way or another, but there's no actual need to make it the exact same individual (it could be given Pay Day, etc.). And yes, Pay Day is signature of Meowth. Other cats may learn it, but it's via special ways, namely Pokémon Box: Ruby & Sapphire.

Plusle would most probably be the default leading one if allied with Minun, because Plusle is often mentioned first and its Pokédex number comes before Minun's. But they could be shifted either in the selection screen, via a special move, or by a button combination prior to the battle (think Zelda/Shiek). Their stat differences could be given emphasis this way.

Guys, don't worry about 2G at all. Why worrying about having a representative from every generation? 2G was a short generation, and that's why it's natural to have so few candidates from there. Scizor would go for suitability, but that's not enough. I wouldn't hesitate to mention Wobbuffet, Togepi, and Marill if there was a need for flagship 2G Pokémon characters, but they're no longer that important (and Wobbuffet would be hard to implement). And there's still Pichu if they resist to remove it (they need to IMO).

To the Shiftry suggestion, remember this Pokémon had a counterpart in the same generation, which was Ludicolo. From what we've seen, the only time they included a Pokémon species which had a counterpart, it was Jigglypuff (vs. Clefairy), but Shiftry isn't a recurrent animé character, unlike Jigglypuff was.

My answers in threads like this one are typically based on the number of Pokémon I believe could be playable in SSBB. Being Pokémon such a big franchise, it could be assumed this number could increase from SSBM in the same ratio as the total number of characters. My bet is they could easily include a big total of 6 Pokémon this time, with Pikachu, about 3 kickass legendaries, and about 2 Pika-friends.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Soo.. i tried to vote for Jigglypuff. She could not be found... so i voted for the most similar.

GENGAR ftw.
Yeah, Gengar representin'

I know this guy has a low chance of appearing in Brawl but what would you think of Shiftry? He has the humanesque appearance and looks a bit menacing, not to mention no starter/legendary discrimination, I think he would suit it well (restating I know he has low chance)
An intresting character but he doesn't exactly have a uniqueness that sets him apart. I would much rather have my favorite pokemon of all time...drum roll plz.......LUDICOLO!!!

Micahc

Smash Ace
Remember Folks We have Pikachu and Jiggs and the Villian Mewtwo we need another take out MewTwo and you got Deoxs Take out Jiggs you get
Why would you take out Mewtwo and the Jiggernaught? Mewtwo's the only true "villain" in Pokemon, and the Jiggernaught was in SSB and SSBM. It's a sin to take them out!
Lucario*or dragonite* take out pichu you get Blaziken thats it final nuff said.

Deoxys Meh, Deoxys would be a better Pokeball character, Mewtwo overshadows him in every way.
Lucario What other fourth gen characters are there really?
Dragonite Marrowak FTW!
Blaziken Ew.

For Brawl

Lets here it! Some one make a sig with all four of them in there!!!!!!
Those should be the top four for pokemon to be in the game.No
Comments in Pink

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
(haha Twok took ur sig!!!!!:laugh: )^^

ya, make sure too read. It is funny how many of the people who arent regualrs come on and bring up a topic months old.

(like deoxys being a playable would be extremely broken and laggy)

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I agree. And I also think there won't be many Pokémon newcomers, probably just 1 or 2, I'm thinking Pichu will be removed, or at least I hope, it is automatically a clone, you can't really make a baby Pikachu be completely different than Pikachu.

Micahc

Smash Ace
Yeah I'd rather have Raichu than Pichu because Raichu is heavier and would have a different playing style than Pika
How? Pichu already has a different playing style than Pikachu. Do you want Pikachu replaced with another rat, except this one's over-weight?

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
look, although in games it is usually better to evolve, in this case, pikachu (which is the all around symbol for all pokemon) will not be cut, ever (sadly). Some would love to see our orange freind raichu in the game, but that isnt likely to happen (although, i'd rather have that than pichu). I think it is because Raichu isnt as popular as pika or pichu....

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I think it is because Raichu isnt as popular as pika or pichu....
Yup, well Pichu DOES kind of have it's own little miniseries (The Pichu Bros.). I think that sets it apart from alot of other things. I still see Meowth making a major appearance of some sort.

I also haven't recently had a chance to say this but, I don't really think Smash is ready for fourth gen. It's a bit too much to have both 3rd and 4th introduced in one game. I like Lucario and all but there are still plenty of Smash candidates from gens 1,2 + 3.

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
I think Lucario is smash bros. best bet, in terms of popularity and appeal for the next generation of pokemon gaming, which is pretty much an advert..

And he just looks like he would be simple to animate fighting.

And hes a COOL looking neutral/good character.. notice all of smash bros. "good" characters are cutsie little pipsqueeks

Wrath`

Smash Master
I think Lucario is smash bros. best bet, in terms of popularity and appeal for the next generation of pokemon gaming, which is pretty much an advert..

And hes a COOL looking neutral/good character.. notice all of smash bros. "good" characters are cutsie little pipsqueeks
Are you calling falco a cutsie little pipsqueek?

turner

Smash Cadet
it may have been said already but hitmon lee's b-left/right should be a flying kick that you could charge

and hitmon chan's could be like roy and marths style kinda thing so a series of punches the last one ending with fire ice or thunder

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
Yeah, he'd be the first non-evil pokemon who wasn't small and cuddly. He's a very cool looking pokemon.
That's a very good point. Since SSBM, characters can be identified as "good"/"hero" and "evil"/"misunderstood"/"villain". Lucario would look great as a "good"/"hero" character.

I wonder if Darkrai will be good or evil. Darkrai could either be a "hero" or a "villain" when Dialga and Palkia meet each other in the 10th movie, according to Yuyama's outline quoted here. What do you all think about Darkrai being playable in SSBB? Does he seem like he can be made a Mewtwo-like hovering character?

RVD_fan

Smash Ace

Wait, do you mean pokemon, or all good characters, because if it was for all then that would mean.......

ARE YOU CALLING CAPTAIN FALCON A PIPSQUEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
woahm, wait, didi i miss somethinhg???

CF a pipsqeek???

o and i doubt they'd put in the Hitmo's. Pokeballed already

Top Bottom