• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
That's a very good point. Since SSBM, characters can be identified as "good"/"hero" and "evil"/"misunderstood"/"villain". Lucario would look great as a "good"/"hero" character.
This is true, however, not too many are even aware of Lucario's existence. When I first saw him he looked like a real bad*** pokemon(always looking angry). Don't you think some non-pokemon fans will think of him this way?

Wrath`

Smash Master
I would imagine Lucario having a fox/falco type of weight about him... Blaziken is a fighting fire type... reminds me of Captain Falcon too much.
Well if people are calling blaze a falcon clone.I wil call lucario a gannon clone.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, if Lucario was a clone, it'd be between those two, Mewtwo's B button attack that charges a Shadow Ball, only it's a light energy ball, not dark. And he'd have Fox's speed, and probably similar running and jumping, and crouching, possibly the crawling ability.

But no clones in SSBB, so the following may not al be predictable.

Moveset, attacks while crouching, attacks and movements while standing still, walking, and running, mid-air attack, special attacks, Super Smash Attack, standing position and idle movement after random periods of time, crouched position, taunt, crawling position (if he were to have one), dazed position, and asleep position.

I tried thinking of all possible character positions there are, did I miss any?

Wrath`

Smash Master
It's stupid to see at the fact that people have no imagination and cant think of a non clone blaziken.So i made a comment that is as equivalently stupid.:******:

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
the only reason people make that assumption
A) they are dumb (blaze wont be playable)
B) they've seen CF (a fast fighter who can use fire attack) as a model of Blaze (a fast fighter that uses fire attacks)

Lucario, has nothing in common with Ganondorf.

a better bet would be to compare a Lucario against Falco, which is the character that is most.......similiar to him

Wrath`

Smash Master
the only reason people make that assumption
A) they are dumb (blaze wont be playable)
B) they've seen CF (a fast fighter who can use fire attack) as a model of Blaze (a fast fighter that uses fire attacks)

Lucario, has nothing in common with Ganondorf.

a better bet would be to compare a Lucario against Falco, which is the character that is most.......similiar to him
I can also say lucario wont be playible and be as justified as you.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Well evry pokemon has a chance.we are just going on hints,popularity and assumptions. We could all be wrong.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
No, I mean how can you back that up, using specific information.

It is common knowledge that every pokemon has a chance, just some more than others. Some's chances are extremely limited from what I've seen, so usually those are the ones who are least likely to get in. SO i jsut say they wont.

It still doesnt give me any info on why Lucario couldnt get in, which was the statement that brought this up. I actually truly want to see some justified reasons for Lucario to be out, and have a significantly small chance.

(and yea. The reality is that we are all most likeyl wrong. Still doesnt mean that we cant come to conclusions of who we see getting in. I'm stll unsure about Lucario, mainly becasue 2 gens have past since the last game. We'll see what they do, but keep geussing anyway)

Wrath`

Smash Master
Problem is there is'nt much to say lucario won't get in exept that he is a movie based pokemon fad.

All lucario and blaze have going for them is popularity.and the fact they represent the next 2gens.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
Really, not even that is against him. That just upped his popularity. Pop. isnt just the only thing though, and if you think, they have other traits that make them pretty good for smash....

In terms of bodily structure(isnt to important, cuz nintendo could turn any characters into playables. It is just that characters who have a human based body structure are easier to work with) they are both humanoid.

Attacks go great, both have fighting moves as well as a type of elemental.

On a super attack level, both have recognizable moves (Blaze = Sky Uppercut, Lucario = Pulse Bomb) that could be used as regs or supers

Both are some of the most loved out of the gen (I'm not sure, but could possibly be top 10/20. i dont think there is a poll on this, so im not sure)

and other stuff like that. Taking that, and the previous games into consideration, as well as new factors in the new game are what will decide the winner in this "competition".

on another note, that Ghost/Dragon will be a tough opponent for anyone. It seems the creators took two of the most resistant and put them together.

Weaknesss (off the top of the head, i'm going off the weaknesses for other ghosts and draogns)

Pshycic attacks
Electric Attacks
Dark Attacks (possibly)

Resistances
Fire
Water
fighting
Grass
Ground (possibly)

Wrath`

Smash Master
There will praobaly be 5 pokemon.They will ditch pichu,Pika is confirmed,keep jpuff.Have the cuet bunerary,maby mewtwo if not then some second gen and then leave the rest to america/europes fav pokemon.

kaid

Smash Master
Ghost and Dragon doesn't compare to Steel and Dragon. Weak to Ground and Fighting, and NOT resistant to Ice, Dragon, and Fire. Resistant to EVERYTHING else.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
It all matters on the placement of the element

Steel in front would mean that its weakness would be fighting

Dragon in from could mean the weakness is ice
(aplies to respective powers)

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
5 to 6 sounds a reasonable number of playable Pokémon.

And now that The Wrath of Koarin mentions them, I think Dosidon and Yukinooh would make awesome Poké Ball Pokémon.

kaid

Smash Master
It all matters on the placement of the element

Steel in front would mean that its weakness would be fighting

Dragon in from could mean the weakness is ice
(aplies to respective powers)
Actually, in the games, it doesn't matter what order the types are in. Dragon is weak to ground, Ice, and Dragon, but is strong agaist Fire, wereas Steel is weak to Fire, ground, and fighting, but is strong against Ice and Dragon. Fire, Ice, and Dragon cancel, resulting in a 1x multiplyer... Ground, however, doubles up, resulting in a 4x weakness.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Actually, in the games, it doesn't matter what order the types are in. Dragon is weak to ground, Ice, and Dragon, but is strong agaist Fire, wereas Steel is weak to Fire, ground, and fighting, but is strong against Ice and Dragon. Fire, Ice, and Dragon cancel, resulting in a 1x multiplyer... Ground, however, doubles up, resulting in a 4x weakness.
dragon is not weak to ground

MasterGary

Smash Ace
all this talk of types is giving me a head ache. i wud join if i were expierinced with pokemon. but the last pokemon game i played was crystal. but insted of all this talk about wich pokemon out of blaziken and lucario will make it. why not just put both of them in it?

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
There should be in it -
Blaziken/Lucario/Sceptile
Blaziken/Lucario/Sceptile
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
i dont think he read the last sixmillion posts

and i chose Sceptile in the game. I liked Sceptile better (although the apperant ugliness) becasue of the doubles bladed arms, and the balanced tail in the back.

kaid, most dragons have the skill levitate, so they are unaffected by ground moves (ideal, most dragons can fly in folklore and such, so most dragons in pokemon can fly.)

I see what you mean, misconception on my part man. (boudda types and such). I relooked, and found that it doesnt matter about which come first. And really, steel has about 12 strength, that mixed wit Dragon, Flying or Ghost has the greatest strengths

Top Bottom