• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
What if Shedinja were to be in Brawl? He would be immune to percent damage accumulation, but he would have a poor recovery, so all it would take to kill him would be a good edgeguard. Side-B/dash attack could be Shadow Sneak, B could be Toxic/Protect or something. I'll think about the rest of the B-moves later. He could do a weak glide, as in not gain much horizontal distance compared to how fast he normally falls, or maybe he would just be moving slowly in the air at all times... His (or any bug type I guess) FS could be Silver Wind, blowing everyone off the stage and giving Shedinja additional stats.

I know he doesn't have a chance, I just thought it was fun to think about.

Edit - Maybe his down-B could be agility (as a passive effect, not like Pikachu's), since it would already be fitting for him to be very slow.

Valdens

Smash Ace
What if Shedinja were to be in Brawl? He would be immune to percent damage accumulation, but he would have a poor recovery, so all it would take to kill him would be a good edgeguard. Side-B/dash attack could be Shadow Sneak, B could be Toxic/Protect or something. I'll think about the rest of the B-moves later. He could do a weak glide, as in not gain much horizontal distance compared to how fast he normally falls. His (or any bug type I guess) FS could be Silver Wind, blowing everyone off the stage and giving Shedinja additional stats.

I know he doesn't have a chance, I just thought it was fun to think about.
SHEDINJA CONFIRMED 100%

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Nintendo would be fine if they didn't make Lucario a character, seeing as how he's the most overhyped and overrated Pokemon ever. It's strange. A lot of people say that this guy is the face of the fourth generation, yet if you walk down to a toy store and looked through the toy aisle...

...where's Lucario? I see Turtwig. I see Chimchar. I see Piplup. I see Dialga. I see Palkia. But Lucario? Er?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Nintendo would be fine if they didn't make Lucario a character, seeing as how he's the most overhyped and overrated Pokemon ever. It's strange. A lot of people say that this guy is the face of the fourth generation, yet if you walk down to a toy store and looked through the toy aisle...

...where's Lucario? I see Turtwig. I see Chimchar. I see Piplup. I see Dialga. I see Palkia. But Lucario? Er?
. . . .QFT.

I have had the same out look on this. . . I never see the thing used as a "mascot" of "promotional pokemon" now-a-days sence the game came out. Look at the DP card TV ads. I saw Weavil(sp) and Electavire (god I can't spell these **** names. . .) at as promotion pokemon for the cards on one of these TV ads but I have yet to see the same done with Lucario.

Im sticking with my original thought about his amount of merch in Japan. As in, he was a promotional pokemon used in a movie to show off the 4th gen (like Munch) and his merchandise was the result of him co-starring in a movie aimed only to ring in the new gen games.

I think his popularity here is the result of the snow ball effect. Soo many fan-boys over-rated him and over-hyped his importance that in general people that wouldn't normally care about pokemon agree with them. If Sakurai actually did as much of the scrapping-of-the-bottom for reasons to make Lucario a PC that Lucario fans do than IDK what other characters to expect. . . .maybe FD Link will be a PC cause Loz:MM "needs some rep" and he was soo important. . .

And thanks Oni and wok.

*Black/Light steps back into the shadows. . . *

Wrath`

Smash Master
this thread says who desrves a spot in brawl, but i does not say PC spot.

And the few pokes that were liked in japan were poke balled, munchlax, meowth. so I shall think PT was the only new comer that you will see from the pokeworld.

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
I swear everytime I have come to this thread there is always an argument about Lucario. I honestly don't care about him anymore becuase I want Mewtwo back as PC more than any Pokemon.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
i am officially on the i hate lucario fan bus (just because it needs more supporters) every body that hates luccario. make new accounts and vote against it????

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I guess Lucario falls in the same spot as Ridley. We know that he will be in the game, but we don't know in which form. I would prefer Lucario as a PC, but only if Mewtwo makes it in first.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I think lucario is the best pokemon for brawl. Lucario is pretty much a Mewtwo except better. the type of this pokemon is fighting and steel. the problem I see is how to balance this character out. fighting and steel? Fast, powerful and defense ? it's gonna be interesting.

Rukario is Japanese for Lucario.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I think lucario is the best pokemon for brawl. Lucario is pretty much a Mewtwo except better. the type of this pokemon is fighting and steel. the problem I see is how to balance this character out. fighting and steel? Fast, powerful and defense ? it's gonna be interesting.

In the RPG's Lucario has crappy defenses actually. He is very likely to go down in one hit, which is why I always put a Focus Sash on him.
How they would have him in the game, I dunno. It's obvious he would be a fast faller, like Falco was. But I heard everyone was "floatier"..so I dunno...

Mewtwo and Jiggs should definitely come back though.

MysticKenji

Smash Master

I do hope you are joking.

Top Bottom