• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

rayecho

Smash Ace
I think lucario is the best pokemon for brawl. Lucario is pretty much a Mewtwo except better. the type of this pokemon is fighting and steel. the problem I see is how to balance this character out. fighting and steel? Fast, powerful and defense ? it's gonna be interesting.

Rukario is Japanese for Lucario.
lucario and mewtwo are nothing alike. and for his stats, it doesn't matter that he is fighting steel. they wont base his stats off of that info. look at mewtwo in melee and compare his stats to the Pokemon games. big difference

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
1. Lucario, loved by 90 % of all people, perfect fit for a fighting game & The main pokemon (exept munchlax) from the Sinnoh region
2. Sandslash, he pretty much would work as Pikachus rival(like mario x wario & Kirby x Meta knight.) + he fits in the game.
3. Buizel, like Lucario hes one of the mascots of the sinnoh region, and is loved by many (im not one of them) and kinda fits too. plus i would love see Buizel ans sonic in the same picture once, they match!

SoulPech

Smash Master
lucario and mewtwo are nothing alike. and for his stats, it doesn't matter that he is fighting steel. they wont base his stats off of that info. look at mewtwo in melee and compare his stats to the Pokemon games. big difference
I said KINDA. when I said kinda, i mean hardly. To me...they are hardly alike, but still alike.

How? Well, Lucario's well-known move is where Lucario shoots a ball of energy from it's paws/fists(i forgot the move :S..it'll probably be a Neutral-B move) and who else does it too? Mewtwo.

Mewtwo is powerful and slow and they'll probably make lucario a little bit weaker and little more faster than Mewtwo.

How can ya say they won't base his stats? They sure got pichu, pikachu, and jigglypuff down. in the Pokemon game it says that Mewtwo is special Atk powerful, slow (to other Psychics like Alakazam), and weak defense. They cannot make Mewtwo f'in UBER in Melee cuz it would unbalance the characters.

Anyways...
The only problem i see is defense. Lucario is steel-fighting. Im just curious to see how this is going to play out.

OH, and I am serious about what I said and im standing by it until brawl comes out...that is if Lucario does come out(hell im not even sure :S :S:S)

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
Lucario, Blaziken, and Gengar are the only ones that would work IMO. But Lucario is the best.
thats not true at all,
Hitmonchan would work fine

up b-Skyward Uppercut-obvious (like marths up b)

forward b-Mach punch-like captain falcons forward b but much faster and you can hold it to increase its distance while on ground

down b-Counter-Roys Back........

B-Mega Punch-Charge it up like Links Bow and let a Falcon Paunch-esque move on your opponent

As final Smash...
upb-uses thunder punch also-Picture thunder with a punch (the impact would be a one hit kill)

forward b- Bullet punch- Much more impact

down B-Ice Counter-Hits 1.5 and freezes opponent

B-Fire Mega Punch- Chargable Captain Punch with larger radius

MysticKenji

Smash Master
How? Well, Lucario's well-known move is where Lucario shoots a ball of energy from it's paws/fists(i forgot the move :S..it'll probably be a Neutral-B move) and who else does it too? Mewtwo.
Not only is this only one move, but it's a move they share with Mario, Luigi, Samus, Zelda, Lucas, etc.
How can ya say they won't base his stats? They sure got pichu, pikachu, and jigglypuff down. in the Pokemon game it says that Mewtwo is special Atk powerful, slow (to other Psychics like Alakazam), and weak defense.
130 Base Speed
Also, base 90 defenses are not weak.
Anyways...
The only problem i see is defense. Lucario is steel-fighting. Im just curious to see how this is going to play out.
There is no defense stat in Smash Bros.
Do you mean weight?

rayecho

Smash Ace

I said KINDA. when I said kinda, i mean hardly. To me...they are hardly alike, but still alike.

Mewtwo is powerful and slow and they'll probably make lucario a little bit weaker and little more faster than Mewtwo.

How can ya say they won't base his stats? They sure got pichu, pikachu, and jigglypuff down. in the Pokemon game it says that Mewtwo is special Atk powerful, slow (to other Psychics like Alakazam), and weak defense. They cannot make Mewtwo f'in UBER in Melee cuz it would unbalance the characters.

Anyways...

OH, and I am serious about what I said and im standing by it until brawl comes out...that is if Lucario does come out(hell im not even sure :S :S:S)
when people say "kinda" i would think they mean 50/50. but i dont think thats what you meant any more.

and a lot of characters have the same neutral b(mario, luigi, fox, falco, link, etc). are they all similar to mewtwo as well?

and as for stats, no comment :chuckle:

kaid

Smash Master
While I believe in Lucario, I do not think his smash stats will be as impressive as other individuals seem to believe. While he would have good jumping height, I don't expect him to be as mobile as, say, Fox McCloud. Likewise, while not floaty, don't expect him to be quite the fastfaller you expect.

What he will have, is technical abilities. His signature attack is a chargable, homing move, and his other likely moves share equally varied perks.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I like how you talk about the thing like it's already in and you know how it's attacks work. Juuusst crazy enuff to lol at.:laugh:

PDawgy

Smash Journeyman
While I believe in Lucario, I do not think his smash stats will be as impressive as other individuals seem to believe. While he would have good jumping height, I don't expect him to be as mobile as, say, Fox McCloud. Likewise, while not floaty, don't expect him to be quite the fastfaller you expect.

What he will have, is technical abilities. His signature attack is a chargable, homing move, and his other likely moves share equally varied perks.
hey kaid did you got my PM?:confused:

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Lucario won't be a playable character.
That would come at the expense of my precious Mewtwo.
If it didn't, then I'm indifferent to the matter.
It just seems unlikely to me.
-DD

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
-DD
What if both were in as PC's would you still be upset?
I personally would prefer Mewtwo to Lucario, but I have a good feeling Mewtwo will return and the addition of Lucario wouldn't be a bad thing.

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo AND Lucario would be pwnsome. Actually I want Pichu and Jigglypuff (not gonna happen I know) out so we can have them both X3.

N!co

Smash Rookie
I wouldv'e said Meowth, but he's an Assist Trophy.

I voted Lucario because he would've been my second choice.

Kips

Smash Ace
I want to say Eevee AND all of his Eeveelutions. Hear me out before hitting me over the head. I want to say that it would somehow all be ONE character. Down B would regulate between every form (Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Eevee) and every form would have a different set of B moves, but fairly similar A moves. This would make for a huge amount of diversity, varying from fire to simple brawling moves. Of course it would be hard to master this but wouldn't it be worth all of it despite the steep learning curve?

EEVEE/LUTIONS FOR BRAWL!

rayecho

Smash Ace
I want to say Eevee AND all of his Eeveelutions. Hear me out before hitting me over the head. I want to say that it would somehow all be ONE character. Down B would regulate between every form (Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Eevee) and every form would have a different set of B moves, but fairly similar A moves. This would make for a huge amount of diversity, varying from fire to simple brawling moves. Of course it would be hard to master this but wouldn't it be worth all of it despite the steep learning curve?

EEVEE/LUTIONS FOR BRAWL!
*gets hammer ready for the pounding*

rayecho

Smash Ace
well, it might be true...how long will it be again 'til brawl comes out 35-50 days maybe even less i don't think they can cram anymore charaters into brawl on that short of a leash
the characters are probably all in. they might have just needed the time to finish stuff like art work and on line play. they have all the updates though, even though they are refusing to show the one with lucario :mad:

rayecho

Smash Ace
what website you go to for the updates i always go to smash bros...they don't have any updates last time i checked
i go to the smashdojo. by the way, i didnt mean that they have all the updates up, they just have them stored away and they post a new one up 5 days a week.

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
-DD
Cant we just have both? i like mewtwo, he is my second favorite character in melee,but i really want Lucario too.

And i can see that hitmonchan have a chanse,(much bigger then hitmonlee) And he would have been one of my favorites,but i dont believe it :(

SSBB4all

Smash Apprentice
Nobody else deserves it more than Lucario....
1. We dont need any more cute cuddly little pokemon. (Jiggs, Pichu, Pikachu, Meowth) We want some Pokemon that are fighters and dont look like pansys that the 5'year olds will enjoy playing as.
2. We dont need any more UBER LEGENDARY PSYCHIC POKEMON that end up being TERRIBLE in the game anyway. (Mewtwo and Deoxys)
3. We have a solution to the problem. A pokemon that is popular, not a legendary, is an amazing fighter AND isnt a Pokemon that looks like a pansy.

(That's without mentioning that Lucario is both fast and a steel type with not only great physical moves, but also great long-ranged attacks!) :) LUCARIO FOR TEH BRAWLORZ!

Black/Light

Smash Master
Nobody else deserves it more than Lucario....
1. We dont need any more cute cuddly little pokemon. (Jiggs, Pichu, Pikachu, Meowth) We want some Pokemon that are fighters and dont look like pansys that the 5'year olds will enjoy playing as.
2. We dont need any more UBER LEGENDARY PSYCHIC POKEMON that end up being TERRIBLE in the game anyway. (Mewtwo and Deoxys)
3. We have a solution to the problem. A pokemon that is popular, not a legendary, is an amazing fighter AND isnt a Pokemon that looks like a pansy.

(That's without mentioning that Lucario is both fast and a steel type with not only great physical moves, but also great long-ranged attacks!) :) LUCARIO FOR TEH BRAWLORZ!
1. PT. . . .I don't think Char and Ivy are anywhere near cute-ish. + Mewtwo. . . thats 3 of 6 playable pokemon.
2. Mewtwo can be buffed.
3. PT rings a bell.

Really, this made no sense. . .

Top Bottom