• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

kaid

Smash Master
Well, you have to admit, putting any pokemon character into ANY of those slots is arbitrary. For instance, you already discussed your choice of putting PT into the "sidekick" slot, and the gender roles of Jigglypuff.

I simply find your decision to call Lucario a "random pokemon" equally arbitrary.

None.
We've already got almost as many Pokemon as Mario characters.

Pikachu, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Charizard, and Ivysaur.

What we need is more MOTHER and Metroid representation.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
None.

uhh..if you havent notice MOTHER has Lucas the need no more and metriod only need samus(zero suit also), and maybe ridley.......other than that shut cuz this a POKEMON POLL THREAD not I WANT THIS CHARATER TO REP THIS GAME POLL.......

Firebert

Smash Ace
NO! Why did you closed the old thread if the new one is just as bad? Okay, this list isn't as huge and pointless, but there are still ALOT of pointless options in this list! Look at Sandshrew for example... Heck populair Pokémon as Charizard don't even deserve as much as being playable...

This list lacks Pokémon from the 4th generation too. >_<
Karma, Karma, Karma.

None.

Well that list is better than one with lucario in it so i say that i love that list

sonicspeed 96

Smash Journeyman
^^^I like fire attacks so I chose Blaziken. . .

Really, he seems like the perfect fighter for such a game. Lucario looks coo and all but that seems to be his calm to fam. . . he just looks coo (not too strong from what I hear).

Plus, I don't really like the whole movie thing. It seems way too easy for a pokemon to get popular just by being in a movie. . . plus if pokemon were choosen by movie than we would only get Deoxy and Lucario (don't likey Deoxy). Blaziken is great imo because it's just a greatly popular popkemon that has nothing like a movie/ anime specail to give him the fad fan fav I see with Lucario. People have always (and still do now) wanted Blaziken in and that says something more than "new movie pokemon!!! Coo!" imo.
It can't be Deoxys. He was already an update for a pokeball.
I picked Lucario. Hes perfect for the game great speed,great fighting skills(I mean he is a fighting type right?!)and it looks like he would be a better char then a pokeball.

Panda_Convoy

Smash Rookie
I'm just going to say FarFetch'd because he's always been my favorite. So in my own, deluded world, he deserves it the most. Granted, perhaps we have to many "sword" fighting characters, but his bird-ness would make him certainly more unique amongst them.

But I wouldn't be upset to see Lucario or Blaziken make it in there, either.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm just going to say FarFetch'd because he's always been my favorite. So in my own, deluded world, he deserves it the most. Granted, perhaps we have to many "sword" fighting characters, but his bird-ness would make him certainly more unique amongst them.

But I wouldn't be upset to see Lucario or Blaziken make it in there, either.
We don't have any Leek fighters

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well, you have to admit, putting any pokemon character into ANY of those slots is arbitrary. For instance, you already discussed your choice of putting PT into the "sidekick" slot, and the gender roles of Jigglypuff.

I simply find your decision to call Lucario a "random pokemon" equally arbitrary.
I don't think saying Pika is the Mascot/ Pt is the main character (if you read later post of mine explaining this)/ Jpuff is a female figure/ Pichu is a "look alike/ different version of pika" and that Mew2 is the villian are arbitrary veiw points. These pokemon clearly stand for certain roles as we can see when compared with other series so fare in the 3 smash games.

Lucario, when compared to all of the known pokemon in smash, is really about as important to smash bro as Deoxy was. . . or Eevee or Absol or one of those cat pokemon.

Wrath`

Smash Master
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! YOU ARE THE 1,000 PERSON TO AGREE WITH LUCRIAO BEING IN BRAWL!!

YOU AWARD IS NOTHING!
try 10,000
I still think poketrainer was the last new poke rep of brawl, m2 and jiggs will be back, lucari will make pokeball, blaze has no shot anymore:crying:, due to torchic, and it is sad to say that. I think the 4 pokespot are solidified and that is that

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
hey peoples i need a little bit of help makin' those things that say ssbb with the picture.
i know.
i just don't take technology or computer class or web design to know how to do it.
help?

EDIT:nevermind i got it.
its not that hard.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
hey peoples i need a little bit of help makin' those things that say ssbb with the picture.
i know.
i just don't take technology or computer class or web design to know how to do it.
help?

EDIT:nevermind i got it.
its not that hard.
That had nothing to do with this thread..please don't post unnessecary things here..there is a spot on the boards for questions like that

rayecho

Smash Ace
people should only post which pokemon do they want in brawl, which pokemon they think will be in brawl, or just say they love this pokemon. posting questions goes to people that can answer them.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Lucario, Lucario I say should be the only newcomer to show up in Brawl, of course I want Mewtwo as well, but strangely I could care less if Jiggs makes it or not

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
That had nothing to do with this thread..please don't post unnessecary things here..there is a spot on the boards for questions like that

thise guy is not good in smash i dissamate him in real life... also they should have riachu know instead of pichu iono being random

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
is there a different thread where people discuss if PT is 1 character or 3?
Probably, but to answer your question: its technically one. You'll select Pokemon Trainer and you'll start with Squirtle [first evolution, and since the chain goes 1-2-3, it seems about right for me.]

I honestly voted for Gengar cause for us old time pokemon fans, i had to have Gengar in my line-up, if not top Box. He's got the image that makes him soo cool cause he's a ghost, and taking that into consideration, i think he'd be fine for some sweet aerial attacks. His ghost type could make for a nice Moveset i believe, but in all honesty, its really a one and a million chance they'll pick him over a newer pokemon Favorite (Lucario).

Isn't Lucario part steel though, so he's vulnerable to Fighting type attacks.. and this is a fighting game, so wouldn't he be the Rocky Balboa of the game if he's accepted? Takes all these punches that should have easily finished him off.

As for retrurning Pokemons, i have high high hopes for Jigglypuff since she was in the SSB64, but Mewtwo wasn't too snazy to earn my respect to keep him, the only things he's got going are his fans who wish his return and the fact he's one of the super-rare pokemon in the game, the all powerful that nothing can defeat him.

There will be 5 slots minimum i can see it as. And Pika, Jiggly, and PT have earned 3 spots, and that means two more pokemon will be making an arrival. I hope to GOD no Pichu, and i honestly wish Mewtwo would stay home. I say we should able to play as goldeen, i've always wanted to punt that thing in SSB64 and SSBM soo badly, but hell, all A moves and B moves being Splash Attack, YES!

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
I really dont like lucario. he also sucks in the game. I'd
rather go with a unique pokemon that would add a nice
flare to SSMB. lucario and blaziken are just fighters, nothing more.

rayecho

Smash Ace
I really dont like lucario. he also sucks in the game. I'd
rather go with a unique pokemon that would add a nice
flare to SSMB. lucario and blaziken are just fighters, nothing more.
there will be nothing but fighters in Brawl, and besides, lucario and blaziken are two of the most wanted for brawl.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Not to be mega negative but what happens if there is no more added in brawl? i think thise has to also be put out there anyone agree?

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
There will be more, the titans of Nintendo are Mario Bros franchise, Pokemon franchise, and the Zelda frnchise. Theres bound to be numersous characters from each of these, as there were from Melee (Mario had 5, Pokemon had 4, Zelda had 4). Thats 13 of the 26 total, kind of ironic no? I don't think so, they are what makes Nintendo big. With the raise cap of characters for Kirby franchise, Donkey Kong franchise, and possibly the Earthbound, why shouldn't there be one as well for the pokemon? They will probably be capped at 5 since its a nice number to work with, unless you hate odd numbers.

Pokemon Trainer is only one dude in one pokemon, so its fair game who the others will be. Deoxys is a AT, and with the new era of pokemon, i have my doubts for the more commonly known ones that were legendary (Mewtwo, so long once again), so if any other offer to a pokemon, i'd actually love to see 2nd and 3rd Generation pokemon (which also means one exeption of Gengar, my #94 1st Generation :) ). Its odd how the 2nd got the shaft as it did, but just one rep. Scozor was a favorite pokemon for a while, but maybe Ledyba to go on with some Cuteness to the franchise lol.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
There will be more, the titans of Nintendo are Mario Bros franchise, Pokemon franchise, and the Zelda frnchise. Theres bound to be numersous characters from each of these, as there were from Melee (Mario had 5, Pokemon had 4, Zelda had 4). Thats 13 of the 26 total, kind of ironic no? I don't think so, they are what makes Nintendo big. With the raise cap of characters for Kirby franchise, Donkey Kong franchise, and possibly the Earthbound, why shouldn't there be one as well for the pokemon? They will probably be capped at 5 since its a nice number to work with, unless you hate odd numbers.

Pokemon Trainer is only one dude in one pokemon, so its fair game who the others will be. Deoxys is a AT, and with the new era of pokemon, i have my doubts for the more commonly known ones that were legendary (Mewtwo, so long once again), so if any other offer to a pokemon, i'd actually love to see 2nd and 3rd Generation pokemon (which also means one exeption of Gengar, my #94 1st Generation :) ). Its odd how the 2nd got the shaft as it did, but just one rep. Scozor was a favorite pokemon for a while, but maybe Ledyba to go on with some Cuteness to the franchise lol.
I agree with you. Nintendo wouldn't sell Pokémon short by only have two characters. Yes I realize they have Pokéballs as well, but those are items and Mario has plenty of items. 5 seems like a good number to me. Pikachu, PT, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Lucario/Blaziken/other. PT In my opinion is ONE Character, Just like Samus Is One Character and Zelda is One Character. Hell I even count Popo and Nana as one Character. Gengar has a better chance than Ledyba to be honest. Nintendo has been ignoring the Johto games for some reason. I understand that Emerald, Colosseum, and FR/LG had Johto Pokémon so players could complete their Pokédexes.. but I do think a remake for the DS is in order. Those where awesome games. The only Pokémon games where you fought 16 Gym Leaders and traveled to two regions. Much cooler IMO. But thats neither here nor there.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Not to be mega negative but what happens if there is no more added in brawl? i think thise has to also be put out there anyone agree?
I would not mind. I really only want Mewtwo and Pika from Melee, the rest are just extras. I mean i got my dream I never dreamt, Pokemon Trainer. But Aipom would make a nice WTF character.

rayecho

Smash Ace
it should be talked about, but there is no need for a thread. i wonder how people would react to only have PT, pikachu, jiggs, and maybe mew2?

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
For some reason, a lot of people seem to think the Pokémon series should not have any more characters.

To me, that's just pig-headed spite against the Pokéfans, because they joined the hate-fad of 'I hate Pogeyman cuz picachoo is cute and for kids and everyone who plays it is stoopid' (spelt wrong moreso, but had to lower it for the sake others understanding me).

Pokémon will get one more new character, even if they have four (Pikachu, Trainer, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo). They will. I am confident. *big smile*

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
rayecho
i don't mean fighter how you think. i mean like how snake is going
to be a technical char. not just someone who punches all the time. as
you can see nintendo is trying to add in different styles so a unique pokemon
would be nice.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
it should be talked about, but there is no need for a thread. i wonder how people would react to only have PT, pikachu, jiggs, and maybe mew2?
i mean it looks like they got the most added chars in melee next to zelda and mario iono but thise really relays on japan's rep for pokemon wich is most likely where there results will come from.

Top Bottom