• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
I love the EEVEE/LUTION idea <3
it optimizes poke reps and minimize character slots used. It trully is a great idea, and who doesn't love a difficult learning curve?

Kips

Smash Ace
I love the EEVEE/LUTION idea <3
It'd probably go like this on the B moves:
Eevee
Size-Small Weight- Light, Fast Faller Jump- Moderate Reach- Low without B attacks Strength- Low
B: Take Down- Eevee sprints quickly towards an opponent and knocks them into the air.
B>: Iron Tail- Eevee deals a powerful swipe with its tail, knocking opponents back at an angle.
B^: Quick Attack- Similar to Pikachu's B^ but with a shorter distance for balancing purposes.
Bv: Evolution Stone- Evolutionary Stone appears above head and Eevee cycles into Flareon.

Flareon
Size- Small Weight- Medium Jump: Low to Moderate Reach: Moderate Strength: Medium-High
B: Ember- Flareon fires a small burst of fire that goes in a straight line. Charging up results in a larger burst of fire.
B>: Fire Fang- Flareon lunges and tears at its foe dealing damage. Charging up results in a longer distance and increase in damage. Can be used as a recovery
B^: Fire Spin- Flareon spins and launches itself at an upward, spiral angle to recover, knocking opponents aside.
Bv: Evolution Stone- Evolutionary Stone appears above the head and Flareon cycles into Vaporeon.

Vaporeon
Size- Small Weight- Medium-Heavy Jump: Low to Moderate Reach: Good Strength: Medium
B: Brine- A blast of salty water knocks opponents away, growing larger as it is charged.
B>: Acid Armor- Vaporeon alters its cellular structures to repel projectiles and defend against attacks.
B^: Aqua Ring- Vaporeon surrounds itself with a ring of water to boost itself up, washing away nearby foes.
Bv: Evolution Stone- Evolutionary Stone appears above the head and Vaporeon cycles into Jolteon.

Jolteon
Size- Small Weight- Light, Floaty Jump- Moderate-High Reach: Decent Strength- Low
B: Thunder Wave- Jolteon fires a short range burst of electricity that stuns opponents for a second or two.
B>: Charge Beam- Jolteon charges up, firing a beam that bounces off of walls and shocks opponents. The longer the charge the more powerful.
B^: Agility- Jolteon moves at an incredible speed and moves foward to recover.
Bv: Morning Sun- Radiant sunbeams hit Jolteon and Jolteon cycles into Espeon.

Espeon
Size- Medium Weight- Medium Jump- Floaty Ness-esque Reach: Poor Strength: Medium
B: Psychic- Espeon fires a zig-zagging blast of pyschic energy. Charging up results in more distance and power.
B>: Reflect- Reflects projectiles and turns opponents around. Charging can result in a high knockback on an opponent or a 1.5x damage multiplier on a reflected projectile.
B^: Trick Room- Espeon enters another dimension and reappears shortly afterwards in the direction designated.
Bv: Moonlight- Full moon appears and Espeon cycles into Umbreon.

Umbreon
Size: Medium Weight: Surprisingly Heavy, Fast Faller Jump: Bad Reach: Good Strength: Good
B: Mean Look- Umbreon gives a nasty stare that paralyzes a nearby opponent for a second or two.
B>: Faint Attack- Umbreon quickly tears into an opponent. Charging up results in even more hits and knockback.
B^: Pursuit- Umbreon lunges foward a moderate distance and knocks an opponent down. Can be used for recovery.
Bv: Nature Power- A small patch of grass appears at Umbreons feet and it cycles into Leafeon.

Leafeon
Size: Small Weight: Medium, Fast faller Jump: Moderate Reach: Moderate Strength: Good
B: Leaf Blade- Leafeon charges up and delivers a devastating slash with it's leaf-like tail. Charging up results in even more knockback.
B>: Grass Knot- Leafeon trips up an opponent, knocking them down and holding them there for a second while dealing minor damage.
B^: Magical Leaf- Leafeon disappears in a sudden gale of leaves and reappears a decent distance in an indicated direction.
Bv: Blizzard: Snow appears at its feet and a chill wind blows, cycling Leafeon into Glaceon.

Glaceon
Size: Small Weight: Medium Jump: Bad Reach: Good Strenght: Good
B: Ice Shard- Glaceon fires an ice shard foward, slowing an opponent. Charging up results in more and larger ice shards, potentially freezing an opponent.
B>: Ice Beam- Glaceon shoots a wide, slow moving beam that can freeze an opponent and deal low damage. Charging up results in a thinner, faster beam that deals more damage.
B^: Icy Wind: Glaceon drifts foward quickly, born upon an icy wind that blows it foward.
Bv: De-Eeveelution: Glaceon reverts back to Eevee!

MysticKenji

Smash Master
It'd probably go like this on the B moves:
Eevee
B>: Rapid Spin- Eevee spins a short distance and knocks opponents nearby down as well as deflecting incoming projectiles.

Flareon
B>: Flare Blitz- Flareon shoots foward dealing damage to any opponents in its path. Charging up results in a longer distance and increase in damage. Will result in a helpless state if used in midair.
B^: Flame Wheel- Flareon curls into a ball and spins in an indicated direction for a decent distance.

Vaporeon
Size- Small Weight- Medium-Heavy Jump: Low to Moderate Reach: Good Strength: Medium
B: Bubblebeam- Vaporeon fires a small spray of bubbles. Charging up results in a larger spray that goes farther.
B>: Aqua Tail- Vaporeon turns around and raises its tail into the air. Hold until desired time and release, bringing it swiping down to deal damage.
B^: Aqua Jet- Vaporeon shoots a short distance up into the air, knocking opponents out of the way.

Jolteon
B>: Volt Tackle- A fast and powerful attack; a burst of movement and good damage but results in Jolteon being tired out and being stunned for a second.

Espeon
Size- Medium Weight- Medium Jump- Floaty Ness-esque Reach: Poor Strength: Medium
B: Psywave- Espeon fires a zig-zagging blast of pyschic energy. Charging up results in more distance and power.
B^: Teleport- Espeon disappears and reappears a fair distance away dictated by the direction you point in.

Umbreon
Size: Medium Weight: Surprisingly Heavy, Fast Faller Jump: Bad Reach: Good Strength: Good
B: Knock Off- Umbreon pushes back the opponent with a sudden rush and deals moderate damage. High knockback but short range.
B>: Night Slash- Umbreon quickly tears into an opponent. Charging up results in even more hits and knockback.

Leafeon
Size: Small Weight: Medium, Fast faller Jump: Moderate Reach: Moderate Strength: Good
B>: Cotton Spore- Leafeon shoots a spray of cotton spores that deal 1-2% damage each and attach to the opponent. Cotton spores slow an opponents attack and movement, leaving more openings to deal damage.
B^: Frenzy Plant- When on the ground, Leafeon will lash out with great force and hit multiple times but be stuck in place while whacking the opponent around. In the air it can be used as a tether recovery.

Glaceon
Size: Small Weight: Medium Jump: Bad Reach: Good Strenght: Good

Final Smash: Family Finish- Current Eeveelution splits into all 8 forms, each performing a move.
Eevee- Hyper Beam
Vaporeon- Water Spout
Umbreon- Punishment
Leafeon- Leaf Storm
Glaceon- Sheer Cold
All for a total of 50%+ Damage?
Phew that was exhausting.
Everything I've left in the quote needs to be fixed.
VB's should be swapped with Baton Pass.

Kips

Smash Ace
I'll tinker around for a new set, but in response to the Baton Pass idea... The whole premise of eevee is that it evolves via Evolutionary Stones or at Night/Day or from being in a Forest/Icy environment. Perhaps Glaceon to Eevee could be Baton Pass? Any suggestions for those attacks and how to fix them?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Just for fun, I'll submit a few pokes that may be interesting in Brawl:

Empoleon:
B: BubbleBeam
Releases a Burst of bubbles that pop on impact. Can strike multiple times.
Side B: Flash Cannon
Fires a ball of light that can be controlled. It lasts about 3 seconds.
Down B: Mist
Releases a fog around Empoleon that Temporarily makes him immune to projectiles (approximately 5 seconds)
Up B: Drill Peck
Flys up in a spiral and damages anything it touches.

Final Smash: Whirpool/Metal Claw
Empoleon releases a swirling tornado of water that sucks up opponents. Empoleon then leaps into the Whirlpool and then slashes at the foes in it several times

Electivire
B: ThunderPunch
Electivire fires an Electrifyed Punch. Can you say, "Electric... PUNCH!!!"
Side B: Swift
Fires 3 star rays at the enemy
Up B: Discharge
Electivire lashes one of his tails into the air and zaps anything it touches. Also grabs ledges.
Down B: Counter
Standard Counteratack.

Final Smash: Giga Impact
Electivire punches the ground with tremendous force, and it causes a huge Earthquake.

Marowak
B: Bone Club
Marowak delivers a shot with his Bone.
Side B: Bonemerang
Marowak tosses his bone and it then comes back to him.
Up B: Bone-Coptor
He flies up, his bone spinning like a helicoptor blade.
Down B: Bone Rush
Marowak thrashes his bone in random directions.

Final Smash: Spirit of the Bone
Marowak begins to smash his bone on the ground multiple times. Ghosts of Marowaks then come and attack the enemies.

Porygon-Z:
B: Tri Attack
PZ launches Tri Attack. I will either burn, freeze, or shock the foe.
Side B: Lock-On+Zap Cannon
PZ locks on to the target, then fires a sure-to-hit Zap cannon. Takes 5 seconds to use properly.
Up B: Conversion
Turns into Random pixels and disspears then reappears.
Down B: Embargo
If the opponent is holding an item, it explodes and does major damage.

Final Smash: The Pory-Gun
Turns into a Giant Pink and Blue turret-type thing and pwns all.

Kips

Smash Ace
Speaking a bit off topic but the whole Eevee/lution idea reminds me of Donovan from Darkstalkers, with his MASSIVE learning curve to play properly. Still, I think Cotton Spore might actually be overpowered; slowly someone when Edgeguarding long enough to hit them with a full charged Leaf Blade would destroy them.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
The whole premise of eevee is that it evolves via Evolutionary Stones or at Night/Day or from being in a Forest/Icy environment.
...?
What does that have to do with Smash?
Also, you wouldn't be able to go from eeveelution to eeveelution or back to Eevee using that.

Any suggestions for those attacks and how to fix them?
Those attacks cannot be learned by the Pokemon you have them under.
NOTE: I ignored the VB switch.

Wrath`

Smash Master
i have yet to see any characters that stand on 4 legs make it to brawl,(well pika is tecnicly 4,but mostly 2), so i say no to evee

Kips

Smash Ace
The point is to break that two legged bias! Who says only pokemon that function on two legs are the only good candidates? And to answer against Ravecho, Eevee has been a long running Pokemon with considerable prestige. With each fresh installment of the game it has gotten more "Eeveelutions" as well as having considerable screentime on the show, making it my personal favorite for Brawl.

rayecho

Smash Ace
The point is to break that two legged bias! Who says only pokemon that function on two legs are the only good candidates? And to answer against Ravecho, Eevee has been a long running Pokemon with considerable prestige. With each fresh installment of the game it has gotten more "Eeveelutions" as well as having considerable screentime on the show, making it my personal favorite for Brawl.
What screen time? and about the evolutions, thats all they gave her. The show or games didn't take a little turn for Eevee like they did Lucario and Mewtwo. I just don't see Eevee being in Brawl because there are far more selections than her.

Kips

Smash Ace
Oof that's true. Still, with a steep learning curve and diverse movesets I think the Eevee/lutions would be perfect for Brawl.

I think it goes that more screentime=more popularity so it satisfies more people. Plus it adds a sort of iconic status to the pokemon, making it a more viable choice.

At Ravecho-
The Eevee/3 Eeveelutions had an episode centered around them as well as two significant characters owning one (May and Gary). While not having the prestige of a dedicated movie appearance (Lucario) or a formidable reputation as a legendary (Mewtwo), I think that they are more then important enough to appear as a character.

Blaze the cat

Smash Apprentice
I have to go with Meowth. Even my friends who aren't interested in Pokemon know who Meowth is. That's a major plus.

Also, I'm partial to cats. Tee hee.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I have to go with Meowth. Even my friends who aren't interested in Pokemon know who Meowth is. That's a major plus.

Also, I'm partial to cats. Tee hee.
Kind of too late since Meowth had been revealed as a Pokeball character for a while.

knuckles_18

Smash Cadet
Lucario is probably the newest popular Pokemon and also i can just see him in brawl with his size and easy move set but i don't really think he will be playable.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
My uncles cat always attacks me ;_;. Who's to say we can't have Lucario, Eevee/lutions and whatever we want? THE HUNGRY MASSES DEMAND IT!
If that were true Longcat would be top tier.

Kips

Smash Ace
While Lucario is the most recent and most popular new pokemon, the Eeveelutions are a tradition spanning all the way back to the original game. Playable pokemon have almost always been exclusively from the original (The only exception being Pichu) and I see no reason to break this rule now. With their innovative moveset(s), replayability, steep learning curve and sheer cuteness I think the Eevee/lutions deserve a slot more then Lucario.

Mr. Brawl and Watch

Smash Apprentice
Eevee moveset:

neutral B: sand attack. eevve would kick up some sand with one of its front paws and do some damage. it would leave the opponent vulnerable for a second after, opening up some room for combos.

forward B: Body Slam- eevee would lunge it's body forward with it's paws out ready to pounce.

up B: Quick attack- quickly dashes in the direction you point it, but instead of going through people like pikachu, eevee would recoil when it hits someone or something, then it would be able to do it again, similar to captain falcon's up-B.

down B: Baton Pass- eevee would switch into one of it's many evolutions randomly, each evolution would have the same moves except for the neutral B. That move will depend on the evoltion.

Eevee would be a fast moving character that does light damage, except for it's bodyslam.

Crazy Chaos

Smash Cadet
Blaziken, Lucario, Plusle and Minun (I can see as a Team) are the best candidates cus they r pokemon that were pretty important on the show.

perhaps there will be more Pokemon Trainers?:chuckle:

I put my vote on Blaziken

moo56000

Smash Rookie
Blaziken, Lucario, Plusle and Minun (I can see as a Team) are the best candidates cus they r pokemon that were pretty important on the show.

uhh blaziken really only apperead at the end of the ruby/sapphire series and lucario so far had only a movie. but those two would be sick for characters

Crazy Chaos

Smash Cadet
uhh blaziken really only apperead at the end of the ruby/sapphire series and lucario so far had only a movie. but those two would be sick for characters
yeah good point, well actually Blaziken was in Destiny Deoxys too. maybe they should throw in Rioulu! lol that'd be awesome!:chuckle:

OH! and perhaps Grovyle or Treecko, considering they were somewhat big in the show, AND a lot of ppl like them.

rayecho

Smash Ace
yeah good point, well actually Blaziken was in Destiny Deoxys too. maybe they should throw in Rioulu! lol that'd be awesome!:chuckle:

OH! and perhaps Grovyle or Treecko, considering they were somewhat big in the show, AND a lot of ppl like them.
Lucario > Rioulu :chuckle:

kuroi-furan

Smash Rookie

I know you were being sarcastic, but now that I think about it, I COULD imagine a Blue/Green n there (yknow that one girl or Gary) or maybe some other set of starters for some other generation right...lol no...musnt get hopes up!! lol but yeah that'd be really cool though like...well no more chikorita (its already a revealed pokeball, prolly cyndaquil too) so maybe...wait...NOOOO piplup is also pokeball!!! so we still got 3rd gen clear for another pokemon trainer..maybe a treecko mudkip evo (forgot name) and ZE BLAZIKEN right lol *MUST NOT GET HOPES UP MUST NOT* lol

Top Bottom