• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Kips

Smash Ace
Lucario deserves his own unique moveset... I swear if Sakurai put Aura Sphere as a shine replica I would go insane. Still I think Eevee/lutions, Lucario and Plusle/Minun are all great additions. While I can easily imagine what Lucario and the Eevee/lutions play like, I wonder how Plusle/Minun would play. Probably like the IC's but with electricity, weird static tricks and the properties of their attacks change when the + or - charge is missing.

corpse_humper

Smash Cadet
That's true- It's more the likelyhood of him that gets those votes rather then actual fandom. Now for rabid fanboys, you don't have to look too far for them.. *CoughEeevee/lutionscough*
no im pretty sure it was the hype for him. I mean now almost every forum i go to there are more people either neutral or against him. Plus there have two movies that have already been released (another in the making) ahead of his which is what stole most of his thunder IMO.

And popularity is a BIG part of choosing pokemon for PC if you're implying that it isn't

SonicSSJX the Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
I hope Lucario is in, and Mewtwo comes back. Mewtwo deserves another chance. And Lucario is extremely popular, as you guys have pointed out in this topic already.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
I and completely agree with you Sonic.

When I heard Mewtwo was in Melee back in 2001, I was stoked as all heck. And then, after I found out how horrible he was, I never touched him again. I just assumed since he was the most powerful Pokemon in the series' games, I thought he'd be able to own in Melee...

Still as much as he deserves a second chance, I wouldn't be complaining if Lucario took his place. Lucario is now the ultimate in cool when it comes to Pokemon. there has been a movie about him and Japan as well as America loves him. It would be a shock if he wasn't in. At least, to me it would be.

Also, since this is the Pokemon thread...Arceus for Pokeball!

Sandwich

Smash Ace

When I heard Mewtwo was in Melee back in 2001, I was stoked as all heck. And then, after I found out how horrible he was, I never touched him again. I just assumed since he was the most powerful Pokemon in the series' games, I thought he'd be able to own in Melee...

Still as much as he deserves a second chance, I wouldn't be complaining if Lucario took his place. Lucario is now the ultimate in cool when it comes to Pokemon. there has been a movie about him and Japan as well as America loves him. It would be a shock if he wasn't in. At least, to me it would be.

Much lulz were accumulated.

Dr.Saturn

Smash Apprentice
I'm a little inoiged that Snorlax is a pokeball mean he would have had a good move set plus he is very popular and has no haters

SonicSSJX the Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice

That's how I felt about Mewtwo when I saw him on a Nintendo Player's Guide in Walmart. But even though Mewtwo wasn't put to his full potential, he should come back in Brawl and Nintendo should buff him. I also want Lucario to face Mewtwo in the SSE and vice versa. Mewtwo is my second favorite Pokemon of all time, behind Lugia. Lucario is also one of my favorites too.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
I voted for Eevee, because i think it would add a new element to Brawl if evolution stones appeared, but were only useful if Eevee picked them up, then Eevee would evolve depending on which stone he picked up, then you have a completely new moveset for a certain amount of lives!

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
That's how I felt about Mewtwo when I saw him on a Nintendo Player's Guide in Walmart. But even though Mewtwo wasn't put to his full potential, he should come back in Brawl and Nintendo should buff him. I also want Lucario to face Mewtwo in the SSE and vice versa. Mewtwo is my second favorite Pokemon of all time, behind Lugia. Lucario is also one of my favorites too.
Plus, Lucario's signature move, Aura Sphere, is alot like Shadow Ball in the films and anime...

Kips

Smash Ace
I voted for Eevee, because i think it would add a new element to Brawl if evolution stones appeared, but were only useful if Eevee picked them up, then Eevee would evolve depending on which stone he picked up, then you have a completely new moveset for a certain amount of lives!
Problem is that items are turned off for tourneys. The Down+B might be better, although it limits creative space for all 8 of them a bit.

SonicSSJX the Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
Plus, Lucario's signature move, Aura Sphere, is alot like Shadow Ball in the films and anime...
Yeah they are alike. One time, I battle my friend on Pokemon D/P and I used my Mewtwo against his Lucario (Unfair yes, but it was a random Practice battle) and my Mewtwo did a Aura Sphere on Lucario and my Friend said in a most funny way over the speaker "Oh no his Mewtwo used a Kamehameha".

Noa.

Smash Master
Lucario right now is the pokemon that has the best chance, as already explained in this topic. Though a Plusle and Minun combination would be interesting to see. We should get reps from places other then first gen.

rayecho

Smash Ace
What's wrong with Lucario and Mewtwo? Mewtwo is a psychic player (Like a better Ness/Lucas), and Lucario is a full on Brawler (Like, say, Capt Falcon or Ganondorf). I'm hoping for both - because what other character would represent Pokemon better?
There are no other characters to rep Pokemon, people are just not happy because the pokemon they wanted is announced as a Pokeball. :chuckle:

.Stormchaser

Smash Cadet
What's wrong with Lucario and Mewtwo? Mewtwo is a psychic player (Like a better Ness/Lucas), and Lucario is a full on Brawler (Like, say, Capt Falcon or Ganondorf). I'm hoping for both - because what other character would represent Pokemon better?
I love Mewtwo <3

I think Lucario would do great in Brawl as well, I'm hoping for at least one of them to be included.

As for the poll, I voted Meowth as he would be the most interesting.

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
I love Mewtwo <3

I think Lucario would do great in Brawl as well, I'm hoping for at least one of them to be included.

As for the poll, I voted Meowth as he would be the most interesting.
I don't want to sound mean, but you do know that Meowth is already confirmed for pokeball so he won't be playable.

Kips

Smash Ace
The common arguement goes that Lucario has a major movie role, an easy to put together moveset and is just plain awesome. My arguement against that is that everyone would see it coming and Eevee/lutions would be more innovative. Oh, and that Blaziken can actually KICK people in the face. And has awesome firepowers.

corpse_humper

Smash Cadet
The common arguement goes that Lucario has a major movie role, an easy to put together moveset and is just plain awesome.
Sorry but that movie doesn't really do much for lucario as it came out in japan in 05 and in the US in the middle of 06. As for the moveset, that is also a pretty weak argument as it is easy to make a moveset for almost any humanoid (and even some non-humanoid) pokemon because they already come with a set move list to pick out of.

The opinion doesn't really do much either. :ohwell:

SonicSSJX the Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
The common arguement goes that Lucario has a major movie role, an easy to put together moveset and is just plain awesome. My arguement against that is that everyone would see it coming and Eevee/lutions would be more innovative. Oh, and that Blaziken can actually KICK people in the face. And has awesome firepowers.
Lucario is like the poster boy for the 4th Gen (Take away the legendaries though), and a very popular one at that. You even have to do a side quest to obtain the Riolu Egg. And Riolu evolves in a special way to evolve into Lucario (Friendship and level him up one level during the day). IMO, Blaziken is just another Pokemon among the 493 Pokemon in the game (Minus all the Legendary types to a lower number), but Lucario alone is special (:p just kidding), but Lucario is a special Pokemon though.

darkseraph

Smash Rookie
look at all the pokemon who were palyable once before. they all had major roles in the series. pikachu's the most popular pokemon, jigglypuff was known as the pink thing who always made everyone go to sleep everytime it sings, surely if ur a pokemon fan you'll remember the pichu brothers from the third movie, and mewtwo had his own movie named after him. lucario also had his own movie named after him. but the fact that why meowth was never a playable character is beyond me

Top Bottom