• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Kips

Smash Ace
No offense, but if we take that reasoning then Lucario has about the same chances as Eevee. Both level up under special circumstances, are popular, have had some form of TV or Movie with them and have a connection to one or more main characters in the current canon.

Skeppio

Smash Apprentice
I think that the main arguement for Eevee is as follows-

1) Multiple main characters have owned an Eevee (Gary and May).
2) Long running character with new incarnations in every single new generation to date.
3) Had an episode centered around Eevee+3 first Eeveelutions.
4) Innovative and interesting.

That's all I can think of for now.
1, 2 and 3 all crush my Gallade hopes. I still think he'd be kinda innovative :)

rayecho

Smash Ace
It's obvious that I'd say this, but Eevee has more going for it than Jigglypuff does. =P
Its probably because were talking about Eevee and not Jiggs. Theres a lot of important things about the round pink walking marshmallow, i would say more than Eevee.

corpse_humper

Smash Cadet
No, I'm implying that she sucks. :p
Well to everyone there own opinion I guess :grin:

I think that the main arguement for Eevee is as follows-

1) Multiple main characters have owned an Eevee (Gary and May).
2) Long running character with new incarnations in every single new generation to date.
3) Had an episode centered around Eevee+3 first Eeveelutions.
4) Innovative and interesting.

That's all I can think of for now.
Also....

5) Popular
6) Would represent almost every gen (poor 3rd gen T_T)
7) Eevee was also a starter in Pokemon XD
8) Eevee spelled backwards is Eevee (not really a reason but whatever :p)

1, 2 and 3 all crush my Gallade hopes. I still think he'd be kinda innovative :)
Don't worry the anime has little to no effect on a characters chances ;)

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
personally, i would like to see forretress in there, he cud shoot spikes all over the arena and you cud pick em up and throw them at people.

out of that list, Gengar. he is cool and cud either put ppl 2 sleep or just use a powerful shadow ball.

i could see bidoof being in there. he owns.

rayecho

Smash Ace
personally, i would like to see forretress in there, he cud shoot spikes all over the arena and you cud pick em up and throw them at people.

out of that list, Gengar. he is cool and cud either put ppl 2 sleep or just use a powerful shadow ball.

i could see bidoof being in there. he owns.
LOL, your crazy :chuckle:

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I'd really love to have a newer Pokémon as playable. With Pikachu, PT's Pokémon, Mewtwo and Jigglypuff you have the first generation more than covered. I expect the 4th gen at least to get a character, while the other gens get covered by the Pokéballs. One can only hope.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I'd really love to have a newer Pokémon as playable. With Pikachu, PT's Pokémon, Mewtwo and Jigglypuff you have the first generation more than covered. I expect the 4th gen at least to get a character, while the other gens get covered by the Pokéballs. One can only hope.
Well, rumor has it, that if you replace Mew2 with Lucario on that list you have all the selectable brawl pokeys.:ohwell:

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Well, rumor has it, that if you replace Mew2 with Lucario on that list you have all the selectable brawl pokeys.:ohwell:
But.. I like Mewtwo. He's very fun to play as. I like to play as him when i play my friends. Constantly teleporting away and avoiding everything..

Beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Hey, Blacklight, that's a bit of a last minute switch from you...
Last min switch?. . . .

Nooooo, it just so happens that a leaker is saying this. . .I would normally not care about such "leaks" but Serebii slipped up a confirmed the leak PLUS the leaker leaked the dragoon item 2 months before the site updated (this is when he said this bit about Lucario replacing Mew2/ Falco, Ganon, Ness, Sheik returning and Wolf as a newcomer). So yeah. . . .alot of things are pointing to Lucario in/ Mew2 out.

Let me tell you alil something. . . I plan to multi main 5-10 characters and atleast ONE of them will be mained just to counter Lucario so that I and wifi stump the dog miss out of any Lucario fanboy who brags about this! Mewtwo gone in favor of Lucario. . . I got what I wanted from the Pokemon series with PT but Im still p!ssed.

Kips

Smash Ace
Yeah, I actually enjoyed playing Mewtwo. Still if I had the choice between him or Eevee/lutions it would be a simple choice. But Mewtwo seemed to have the potential for a strong and innovative character beforehand. If only he had been heavier :(.

Fawriel

Smash Master
B/L, those rumors have kind of been dispelled... it's somewhere around the end of the first Mewtwo thread... either way, I'm sure you can get a decent summary of what happened if you ask in the new one. I'm too tired now to really be of any help. I just recall that the person claimed to not be sure anymore when asked later. The whole thing is unreliable, and looking at the fact that replacing Mewtwo with Lucario would be plain ******** on so many levels should be proof enough that it's not going to happen.

Black/Light

Smash Master
B/L, those rumors have kind of been dispelled... it's somewhere around the end of the first Mewtwo thread... either way, I'm sure you can get a decent summary of what happened if you ask in the new one. I'm too tired now to really be of any help. I just recall that the person claimed to not be sure anymore when asked later. The whole thing is unreliable, and looking at the fact that replacing Mewtwo with Lucario would be plain ******** on so many levels should be proof enough that it's not going to happen.
Thats not the person Im talking about, you are refering to LadyCelby(sp).

Time to dig up my old post. . . (I have been leaker scouting lately so these are things that happened not soo long ago.)

Thats not where it ends. . .

People asked him about the CZ leak when it came out and he said "I can not confirm nor deny anything in this cause IDK everything about the game. . . just a good chunk".

Than the first Nin10do leak came with Lucario info (Move-set and how to unlock him) and he than said "Something in this contradicts what my sources told me" (Deconfirming that leak but still didn't deconfirm the other one with CZ).

He than goes to say after the next Nin10 leak that his sources have told him everything about pokemon in brawl and that P&M are not PC. (NOT saying anything about the Lucario part)

And he keeps saying he never said Lucario was replacing Mew2. . . but he never said that he never said Lucario was in and Mew2 was out.

He has said that ONE vet pokey is coming back and one NEW pokey is being added (JPuff was confirmed by Snake VA). Plus other things I would list but Im busy.

It doesn't take L from Death Note to figure this one out. . .

No one is bothering Serebii, just pointing out many things he said that confirmed this in a slipping manner.
And yes, these are things Serebii said here in the rumor topic.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Last min switch?. . . .

Nooooo, it just so happens that a leaker is saying this. . .I would normally not care about such "leaks" but Serebii slipped up a confirmed the leak PLUS the leaker leaked the dragoon item 2 months before the site updated (this is when he said this bit about Lucario replacing Mew2/ Falco, Ganon, Ness, Sheik returning and Wolf as a newcomer). So yeah. . . .alot of things are pointing to Lucario in/ Mew2 out.

Let me tell you alil something. . . I plan to multi main 5-10 characters and atleast ONE of them will be mained just to counter Lucario so that I and wifi stump the dog miss out of any Lucario fanboy who brags about this! Mewtwo gone in favor of Lucario. . . I got what I wanted from the Pokemon series with PT but Im still p!ssed.
I'd laugh if lucario was top tier just for the lol.

And how are you "Upset" (Your last word in all that.) About it? I Mean it's just a video game; And i doubt sakurai will stick with representing 1st Gen pokes, The idea of that is just horrible, But jeez for the love of...Get a grip, A Video game character makes it over another one, Some fans will be happy and you won't, Sakurai can't freaking please everyone, But you are acting like a TOTAL BRAT In that second part of the post, I Wouldn't be so happy if Lucario got in over mewtwo but i'd just deal with it and have fun with the game.

Dude, Just take a chill pill, This was like how you said a bunch of things about Nsider when i got to NS2 And you generalized everyone.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I'd laugh if lucario was top tier just for the lol.

And how are you "Upset" (Your last word in all that.) About it? I Mean it's just a video game; And i doubt sakurai will stick with representing 1st Gen pokes, The idea of that is just horrible, But jeez for the love of...Get a grip, A Video game character makes it over another one, Some fans will be happy and you won't, Sakurai can't freaking please everyone, But you are acting like a TOTAL BRAT In that second part of the post, I Wouldn't be so happy if Lucario got in over mewtwo but i'd just deal with it and have fun with the game.

Dude, Just take a chill pill, This was like how you said a bunch of things about Nsider when i got to NS2 And you generalized everyone.
Umm dude, ever heard of the word "exaggeration"? :ohwell:

Really, claim down. We all know its a game. . .that needs not to be stated. Its a inside comment between me a Kaid (we have history on the topic of pokemon on this site) which clearly you didn't get. So you might want to reframe from blowing what I said out of proportion homs :ohwell:

And the Nside=Worthless. Maybe I wouldn't generalize if I didn't actually slip in there once in a well to see whats going on. Not only do they bring that miss hear (Looks at Fatmanonice on the BJ v Geno topic) it also runs rampid there. Wii topic= full of sony/ 360 fanboys bashing the Wii with Wii fanboys fighting back (simple nintendo fans sounding the most reasonable). Smash topic= name the worst fanboys hear and you got the main character treats of them.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Umm dude, ever heard of the word "exaggeration"? :ohwell:

Really, claim down. We all know its a game. . .that needs not to be stated. Its a inside comment between me a Kaid (we have history on the topic of pokemon on this site) which clearly you didn't get. So you might want to reframe from blowing what I said out of proportion homs :ohwell:

And the Nside=Worthless. Maybe I wouldn't generalize if I didn't actually slip in there once in a well to see whats going on. Not only do they bring that miss hear (Looks at Fatmanonice on the BJ v Geno topic) it also runs rampid there. Wii topic= full of sony/ 360 fanboys bashing the Wii with Wii fanboys fighting back (simple nintendo fans sounding the most reasonable). Smash topic= name the worst fanboys hear and you got the main character treats of them.
I Was overexagerating a bit also but seriously; You'd actually main a person just to beat the crud out of lucario fanboy's? W/e, Go get your anger down, Just please don't overexaggerate your post next time.

And Nsider is not worthless, Fatmanonice is a very intelligent user actually for that matter who makes very intelligent posts, Maybe your only misjudging him after one appearence? If everyone did that to me then i'd be the most hated person on the internet, Let's not forget that other's at NS2 Like Zoraprime are quite intelligent also.

See what your doing? Treating most of the people like they suck just because you hardly know most, I Like it there and here personally and at least i don't freaking generalize one place to another.

But all-in-all i get your point.

Kips

Smash Ace
Argh! I keep messing up with Pokeball vs. Assist Trophy. My bad, once more. I did it earlier with Riolu (It's in MysticKenji's signature).

I actually think Plusle and Minun would make a wacky but awesome pokeball. Imagine them both popping out, latching onto someone and then *SHOCK*. Sort of like Mewtwo's N-Air.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I Was overexagerating a bit also but seriously; You'd actually main a person just to beat the crud out of lucario fanboy's? W/e, Go get your anger down, Just please don't overexaggerate your post next time.
For one, I never just said "fanboys", I only said the fanboys who brag about it. I know for a fact that alot of the Lucario fans here like and want Mew2 in brawl (Like Kaid). They have even made alil grouping between the "shrine" and the "GG" groups (Lucario and Mew2 fan groups)

And like I said, I plain on multi maining 5-10 chars. . . I will main a char just to beat Sheik if she is broken and overly used in my area. Is that a big deal? Its used in chess, you get a good grip on your pon work to box in the King, finishing the macth (I actually had to work on my pons now that I remember).
W/e, it was a direct comment to someone other than you. If you don't know the history than you might want to reframe from noise-diving into a post.

And Nsider is not worthless, Fatmanonice is a very intelligent user actually for that matter who makes very intelligent posts, Maybe your only misjudging him after one appearence?
Wait a sec. . .arnt you don't that with my post? Im not mad or upset at all. . . been over that sense the day I connected the dots.

And no, I have seen FMOI many times. Just using that as a example. Smart or not, he is still a Geno fanboy.

If everyone did that to me then i'd be the most hated person on the internet, Let's not forget that other's at NS2 Like Zoraprime are quite intelligent also.
I actually know ZP from Nsider. . .good guy. Never said everyone there was a fanboy. . . .a overwhelming amount? Sure, but never everyone.

See what your doing? Treating most of the people like they suck just because you hardly know most.
I actually used to be a common and active member there. . . thats where I got my views from.

I Like it there and here personally and at least i don't freaking generalize one place to another.
I have no idea why it means sooo much to you. The nsider is known for fanboys. . .big deal. Hell, I know people here who had to leave for a well cause of the flood of nsiders making random, fanboy pumped, noobish debates once Nintendo dropped the site. And GameFAQ is known as the nasy pool full of rumor makers. At bulbagarden serebii.net is known for it's overwhelming Lucario love (they seem to have no idea why serebii's peeps like him soo much)
Big deal. . . don't get tied up into a fusy about someone talking bad about a site.

And Kips is very much right, how every you see my post directed at Kaid is up to you. I have told you everything that went into that that one would need to know. . .

And to the Poll, P&M have been deconfirmed by Serebii just to let yall know.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team

For one, I never just said "fanboys", I only said the fanboys who brag about it. I know for a fact that alot of the Lucario fans here like and want Mew2 in brawl (Like Kaid). They have even made alil grouping between the "shrine" and the "GG" groups (Lucario and Mew2 fan groups)

And like I said, I plain on multi maining 5-10 chars. . . I will main a char just to beat Sheik if she is broken and overly used in my area. Is that a big deal? Its used in chess, you get a good grip on your pon work to box in the King, finishing the macth (I actually had to work on my pons now that I remember).
W/e, it was a direct comment to someone other than you. If you don't know the history than you might want to reframe from noise-diving into a post.

Sorry about that, Anyhow for the rest of the post;

Wait a sec. . .arnt you don't that with my post? Im not mad or upset at all. . . been over that sense the day I connected the dots.
Oic, And sorry, I Just got a bit caried away.
And no, I have seen FMOI many times. Just using that as a example. Smart or not, he is still a Geno fanboy.
Because everybody knows your stupid for having smart views yet liking a character, But w/e.

I actually know ZP from Nsider. . .good guy. Never said everyone there was a fanboy. . . .a overwhelming amount? Sure, but never everyone.
Yeah, NSider isn't that great but i like NS2 More personally, And i'm saying that despite the population being idiots sometimes that there are still some good people in the batch (I Say hi NOW :p.)

I actually used to be a common and active member there. . . thats where I got my views from.
NS2>NSider, But those are my views on it, And i see.

I have no idea why it means sooo much to you. The nsider is known for fanboys. . .big deal. Hell, I know people here who had to leave for a well cause of the flood of nsiders making random, fanboy pumped, noobish debates once Nintendo dropped the site. And GameFAQ is known as the nasy pool full of rumor makers. At bulbagarden serebii.net is known for it's overwhelming Lucario love (they seem to have no idea why serebii's peeps like him soo much)
Big deal. . . don't get tied up into a fusy about someone talking bad about a site.
It's just how you generalized it and everything, People keep saying that i basically suck for being an nsider Etc.

And Kips is very much right, how every you see my post directed at Kaid is up to you. I have told you everything that went into that that one would need to know. . .

And to the Poll, P&M have been deconfirmed by Serebii just to let yall know.
Well now i understand but i just think generalizing is bad and i've seen you on a few threads abot Lucario and i'm just saying to not be so picky with it because your post just irritated me, Well i'm sorry about that and i'm sorry i misunderstod.

:p.

Top Bottom