• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

onii-chan

Smash Ace
hey i you give blaziken 9 rare candy and mate him with a transvestite meowoth youll get polly shore try it... IT WORKS
no and you lose again cause i am a level 9 pokemon breeder so i know this things:

using dragon ball z fusion technique between a pokeball and ssj5 goku creates the supermasterofdescrution ball which when throw to catch pokemon releases a kamehameha blast times 1 millon instantly destroying the world which then makes ryu appear and then you use master ball on him 5 times for him to you haduken then you can catch him after that give him 2 rare candies and he will evolve into cloud then ya breed cloud with a emo pikachu and ya finally get akuma mewtwo with shadow dashing powers

wow that was really long:laugh:

corpse_humper

Smash Cadet
I still would like Blaze Kick for Blaziken...
It's his forward smash. It didn't really feel like putting it in his moveset twice.

Brave Bird seems like a mid-air Wizard's Foot with an extra jump before it to me...
I don't think it's very good for an Up+B, though. :ohwell:
Ya i know. I wasn't really expecting for anyone to like it. It was sort of a last minute addition. I couldn't think of anything else other than sky-uppercut. :ohwell:

Also, I think Blaziken is too tall there.

5/5 to me is CF's height. Blaziken is 6'3", a few inches smaller than Mewtwo.

I'd prefer Sky Uppercut actually, despite it being 'generic'. A flaming fist to the face- Hoo-rah!
Well you know, it really doesn't matter to me if it would be sky uppercut or something else as long as it looks cool :grin:

..but that moveset rawks...hard.

Blaziken deserves nothing less :chuckle:

rayecho

Smash Ace
But 1 Hit KO's are so requested that it makes the game kind of... watered down. The whole super-multi-hit combo thing seems so much cooler.
Would it be better if Sandslash became a rare Pokemon to get in the pokeballs, making him a great treat if he was summoned to the field?

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
Hitmonchan
for
Brawl

up b-Skyward Uppercut-obvious (like marths up b)

forward b-Mach punch-like captain falcons forward b but much faster and you can hold it to increase its distance while on ground

down b-Counter-Roys Back........

B-Mega Punch-Charge it up like Links Bow and let a Falcon Paunch-esque move on your opponent

Leatherface

Smash Cadet
Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?: ok let s go through this the REASONABLE way...
Lucario....I would say Yes...
Blaziken....NO
Deoxys...is a pokeball character so, NO
Meowth....who the hell wants to be meowth?
Dragonite....NO
Charizard....pokeball character.....NO
Scizor....NO
Hitmonlee....who would want hitmonlee?
Hitmonchan.....same question...
Cubone / Marowak....who gives a **** about those two?
Sandshrew / Sandslash....my god...
Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun
Eevee and evolutions...Why not?
Gengar....Coolest of all....unfortunately, with no kanto promotion needed,and not very popular , he is not the next one to be announced as playable....
Farfetch'd ...do you smoke weed?

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?: ok let s go through this the REASONABLE way...
Lucario....I would say Yes... I agree
Blaziken....NO It's Possible
Deoxys...is a pokeball character so, NO I agree
Meowth....who the hell wants to be meowth? I wouldn't mind
Dragonite....NO Better for Pokéball, I agree
Charizard....pokeball character.....NO He's a Pokéball Character? Really? Research Pokémon trainer sometime
Scizor....NO Why Not?
Hitmonlee....who would want hitmonlee? I like Hitmonlee..
Hitmonchan.....same question... Same Statement
Cubone / Marowak....who gives a **** about those two? I do.
Sandshrew / Sandslash....my god... I know. You love them too.
Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun No Comment?
Eevee and evolutions...Why not? Exactly.
Gengar....Coolest of all....unfortunately, with no kanto promotion needed,and not very popular , he is not the next one to be announced as playable.... He is in D/P you know..
Farfetch'd ...do you smoke weed? Nope
Replies in Bold.
10characterlimit.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Gengar is in? :S
Gengar is in the Sinnoh Dex in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. Basically you can use him from the start of the game. I'm saying his popularity hasn't diminished at all, so it's possible he could be a Pokéball Pokémon. Playable is possible, he has higher chances then lets say Farfetch'd, or Marowak. But the top contenders right now are Lucario, Blaziken, Plusle & Minun and the returning Vets. IMO of course.

Monkeyjr352

Smash Cadet
Hmmm...most of those choices would not fit Brawl. However, I do believe Dragonite would do quite nicely. It is time for a dragon type in there.

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
Argh, I'm torn between Lucario and Deoxys...Lucario is a Fighting type, after all, and he has the hype to back him up...But Deoxys looks cool as well, even though he's been confirmed as a Pokeball Pokemon...

chrisdude25

Smash Rookie
i dont think gengar is even is meant to be on that list. i still like my previous idea of allowing a certain amount of pokemon, used from pokemon diamond and pearl, to be used by the p. trainer; but only in sets of 3, alot like what they did in PBR but diffferent

Kips

Smash Ace
I'll get this across- Aesthetically I do not like Lucario. He just seems so... easy to do. It removes the whole creative space aspect of the game. We already know he's going to have Aura Sphere and other punchy-kicky moves. Bleh.

kaid

Smash Master
I'll get this across- Aesthetically I do not like Lucario. He just seems so... easy to do. It removes the whole creative space aspect of the game. We already know he's going to have Aura Sphere and other punchy-kicky moves. Bleh.
Just like we know Ike is going to have a bunch of sword moves?

MysticKenji

Smash Master
You mean like how Blaziken is just a Falcon clone?

any brawl character's moveset will be similar to the moves from their own game.
Fox and Falcon say hi

corpse_humper

Smash Cadet
WHO IN THE WORLD TOLD YOU THAT GENGAR IS MORE POPULAR THAN LUCARIO? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
It was from a popularity poll he said he saw a while ago for 07 from both US and Japan ,not to be confused with the poll I posted. Gengar was 19 and lucario was 20. He didn't provide a link though as he claims that it disappeared (couldn't find myself).

He's as believable as any of you since no ever seems to come up with any proof of luc's "extreme popularity" or any other pokemon for that matter (excluding Pika and jiggly of course) except for that one post with the poll I made and maybe this...

not really sure what this one's from or is but I do know it says Top 20 Pokemon and it has Blaziken on it :p

(and yes I know this was before d/p)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm guessing you never played Mario RPG...
I almost killed you. Just then.

Try nair fair bair u-air dair d-smash dash attack u-smash side-b neutral b all grabs

>

forward smash, down+b (which technically could have been given to mario and luigi as well), up+b, taunt

Sandwich

Smash Ace
Lucario seems bland to me.
No depth.
An anthropomorphic jackal that shoots lazur beams.
With a voice sounding like he lives entirely on cigars of questionable origin.
Mudkip has more depth. He's Mudkip.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696

not really sure what this one's from or is but I do know it says Top 20 Pokemon and it has Blaziken on it :p

(and yes I know this was before d/p)
Thats from Journey Across America. A Nintendo Event where they toured Malls across America and gave out four of those Pokémon at level 70 and Celebi also at Level 70. I know because I went to it in the Roosevelt Field Mall in NY. Got Dragonite, Typhlosion, Tyranitar, and Articuno which I gave to my Friend for driving me.

So what did Serebii actually say about Lucario? I heard he denies any roster listing with Mewtwo in it and not lucario.

Kips

Smash Ace
Lucario seems bland to me.
No depth.
An anthropomorphic jackal that shoots lazur beams.
With a voice sounding like he lives entirely on cigars of questionable origin.
Mudkip has more depth. He's Mudkip.
That's true. I don't like Lucario one bit compared to others, and I don't see any proof of his extreme popularity other then a few people telling me so. So yes, I think he'll be bland. Bland like as in stale and usable but unfun and predictable.

Top Bottom