• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
The flavor text from the Crystal:

It is unskilled at storing electric power. Any kind of shock causes it to discharge energy spontaneously.

For Emerald:

It is still inept at retaining electricity. When it is startled, it discharges power accidentally. It gets better at holding power as it grows older.

The rest of the other texts sound similar to these to. All of them saying that Pichu is not skilled at retaining electric power/controlling it. Not to mention that the short you are talking about, the pichu's only tire themselves out when they use thundershock no Houndour.
I never said that Smash only takes the influence from the Anime. You where claiming it was irrelevant, which it's not at all. Smash takes a great deal of influence from the games as well. The anime and the games both influence the Pokémon characters somewhat equally.

The anime is based off the game not the other way around.
I never said it wasn't.

What?!

Jigglypuff was tons popular before the anime (IIRC I heard somewhere that she was runner up for the mascot spot), which is why she got her role. And even with the anime over she is still insanely popular. Do you really think that they just chose some random pokemon to be a recurring character in the anime?

And to say that the anime was one of the reasons that Pikachu got into Smash is very silly.
Clefairy was the Pokémon originally considered for the Mascot spot. They choose not to pick her as she was too feminine. Jigglypuff's popularity was only magnified by the anime. Same goes for Wobbuffet, btw.

Why would they give Pikachu and Charizard skullbash and Rock Smash when the don't even learn them by leveling up?
I couldn't tell you why Pikachu got Skull Bash. As it doesn't learn it. I'm sure they wanted some diversity in their movesets as opposed to giving them all electric or fire moves.

Why would you go through the trouble of adding that "é" to Pokemon?
I do it in every single post that I mention Pokémon in. The same thing goes for if I mentioned Spider-man, I put the "-" in it. That is how you spell it after all. "Pokemon" is just the lazy way to spell it, or for someone who doesn't know how to make the é (Alt then 1410).

ANIME IS IRRELEVANT TO A CHARACTER'S CHANCES
Is it? Cause you know I'm pretty sure that it's not. It isn't irrelevant at all. Here's another fine example that the anime is a source for the Pokémon side of smash. When Unown is released from it's ball it floats away then comes back in greater numbers to slam into the foe with the sheer power of their numbers. Now in the Games Unown can only learn Hidden Power. Which when used the Pokémon shoots out several orbs of energy in different directions. The Power and type of Hidden Power depends on the Pokémon. So why does it float away and attack with it's friends, when it could simply use Hidden Power then fly off? Well because in the third movie the Unown worked together to create a new world for Molly. Thus, Unown's attack in SSBM is based off the anime and not the games.
To say that the anime doesn't affect the characters at all is foolish. I understand your argument. You are saying that if say Croagunk was really popular in the anime that wouldn't warrant a spot in the Brawl roster. That makes sense. But it shouldn't be ruled out. The fact that you called it irrelevant, meaning it has no real relevance or connection to the anime makes me think you have no idea what you are talking about. A Pokémon that is popular in the Anime has a better chance than a Pokémon that is hardly seen in the anime. Like I don't expect to see Beldum in Brawl, but Metagross is a Pokéball Pokémon. Because Metagross is used by Steven Stone in both the Games an the Anime, and also by Rebecca in the anime movie, Destiny Deoxys. So it's fame has been established by both the Anime and the Games. The two are connected, whether you want to admit it or not.

I hope that gets the point across...
And I hope you understand mine.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
hey, I whomped him too! :D

That's true, The Unown is yet another factor to take.

(Also that Rayquaza's size and proportions are similar to the anime, not the game's...)

Kips

Smash Ace
I always thought Flygon was the size of a 10 year old.
Sorry, I'm used to Drews massive Flygon from the anime. It'd be interesting to see what he has, something like this perhaps.

B: Sandstorm- Flygon floats above the ground and charges, then releases flapping its wings furiously. A fierce sandstorm brews in an area around Flygon, size relevant to the time spent charging. Foes caught in the sandstorm take multiple hits and are sent flying. Also will deflect projectiles.
3-5% per hit from Sandstorm.

B^: Steel Wing- Flygons wings shine as it shoots upwards quickly, spiraling. You can control the angle of its burst of motion. Foes hit by Flygon will be sent flying upwards. The power is strongest at its wings.
6-8% per hit from Flygons body.
10-12% per hit from Flygons wings.

B>: Dragon Claw- Flygon rushes quickly and grabs the opponent. From here they may be thrown up, back, foward or down. During the rush you will experience invincibility frames. The lag afterwards if you miss, however, will leave you wide open. Use in the air will result in a helpless state. If you grab and throw in the air however, you will regain your second jump and be able to use your Up+B.

Up Throw: Iron Tail- Flygon spins backwards and slams the opponent with its tail, serving them upwards. Ouch!
7-8%

Down Throw: Giga Impact- Flygon jumps up and slams them into the ground with a powerful suplex. Works as a suicide in the air. At high percentages it will work like Headbutt, leaving them open for a powerful hit. You cannot grab them while they are in the ground however, nor get them with another Dragon Claw.
9%

Foward Throw: Stone Edge- Flygons hand/claw facing the screen shines briefly and the foe is swiftly jabbed in the gut, sending them flying foward. Excellent stun.
7-8%

Back Throw: Dragon Pulse- Flygons mouth glows briefly and he whips around and blasts the opponent away with a quick burst of energy. Powerful knockback.
8-10%

Bv: Facade- Flygon shines with invincibility frames for a few seconds and then bursts foward with a powerful punch. If attacked during this time, it adds to the damage. Quick and powerful, it can be used to abuse someone elses attack such as the Falcon Punch.
10%+X%, X being the % that the opponents attack would deal.

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
your point is? Lucario to me is still bland, boring, and predictable (im not a lucario hater)
. in smash i look forward to pokemon with nice visual effects, that why i like PT. i love how
the water looks in brawl. just because you think the poke franchise needs a fighter in brawl doesnt
mean its goin to happen. they are already plenty of fighters in brawl so lucario really wont be bringing
anything new to the table. yeah he may be popular but he's still boring, point blank. even if he's in brawl
i'll just go blah, and keep playin.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Lucario...Blaziken... Hard choice but I'm going to have to go with Lucario on this one. He has the most chances of being in too. =P

corpse_humper

Smash Cadet
This should be interesting....

Oh really?

Then I dare you to boot up a Pokemon Red or Blue and tell me what any of the pokemon tell you when you talk to them on the walking field.

It certainly isn't their own names.

And you didn't explain to me why the 3D Stadium games use trills instead of their names... how convenient.

Here something someone else posted on the matter:
Yes, actually she did. In Red\Blue, there's a Jigglypuff you can talk to that says "pu pu pu pu" and sings the Jigglypuff song. (the "pu" were directly translated from the Japanese version, where she's Purin")

Pokemon Snap, too.

As far as Pokemon stadium they either:

A: Didn't feel like doing the voicing for the pokemon that didn't appear on the anime.
B: They wanted to keep it traditional.
C: Other

And why is he so popular and well known? C'mon, answer this one, I dare you.
Maybe because they stick its face to anything that has to do with pokemon? Also the fact that they have a giant Pikachu float at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade for what I think has been 5 years.

Seriously, this one wasn't even that hard...

I'm afraid you can't prove that. The only thing we see Mewtwo do is wait for you in the caves.

The same manner that Lucario uses his projectile attack; pulling back both palms and then swinging forward.
Crystal Text:

A vicious psychic Pokémon created by genetic engineering. Its cold, glowing eyes strike fear into its enemy.

Please do a little research before stating things like that.

And I still don't understand why you brought up "in the DBZ manner."

I love how you put that "but", as if I didn't just 100% prove you wrong. :)
Hey, if you think that the singing thing helped her get into Smash that's fine with me ;)

And why was she put in because of popularity? You only see her in her gym in the games and nowhere else. Care to elaborate? :)
Sure thing....

Her popularity came from the anime.

That was pretty easy.

Yes, and you said nothing about it. I can only assume that is because you admit to it being true and further debunking your claim that the Pokemon anime has no influence in the Smash Bros. games.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I thought I did answer, but I guess the thing I said in my last post still didn't get through :laugh:

I'll say what I'm talking about at the end again. ;)

Well you may not be an ignorant lucario hater, but I'm afraid you are ignorant.
I can't really accept that title as you already have it.

If all you can say when people give you 100% hard evidence of Lucario's pressence in the pokemon franchise is "irrelevant. irrelevant. Sorry that's irrelevant. irrelevant irrelevant irrelevant" and give NO backing as to WHY it's irrelevant, then YOU are the one grasping at straws. You're acting like the Family Guy mule. You keep asking people to give you evidence of Lucario's popularity yet you will never be satisfied because although you aren't specifically a lucario hater neither do you want him in. If there was any shred of you that DID want him in you wouldn't so blindly ignore the evidence that has been presented to you in your face.
Question: Do I really have to write a reply to this?

You claim that Lucario being the highest ranking in a Pokemon spin-off game is irrelevant? Blaziken doesn't even HAVE a ranking.

True but you can actually

Lucario is often seen next to Legendary pokemon in the anime intros, yet you claim that is irrelevant when Blaziken, the monster YOU claim has just as much a chance of getting in, has never had that significance.
You wan't to use things other than the anime, (which Blaziken also starred in) fine.

Blaziken was promptly featured in the manga (more than half of the series), is a starter which automatically makes it more important than almost all the pokemon not counting legendaries, and was heavily advertised with pokemon merchandise because of its starter status.

Lucario had a single role in a movie and some cameos.

Thank you for proving how misinformed you are.

Is there something about the Nine-hundred ninety-three votes for Lucario as opposed to Blaziken's two-hundred ninety-two that is not registering in your mind as a vote of popularity? If people didn't vote for Lucario because they liked him, then whY DID they vote for him???
Ask that to the other 70% of people who didn't vote for him.

"Other than maybe the yellow thing?" that's cute. You realize that only ONE of those points needed to be true to debunk your claim.
Oh sorry my mistake, it is also irrelevant to why Pikachu was included.

Nice try, but you weren't paying attention it seems. I wasn't talking about the chances of a pokemon's inclusion in the game more than talking about your bold, baseless claim:

"ANIME IS IRRELEVANT TO A CHARACTER'S CHANCES"
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

For a second there I thought you were being serious :laugh::laugh::laugh:

hey, I whomped him too! :D
Don't get to cocky there kid.

Seeing as I've proven to you(yourself admitting to both Pokemon Yellow and Mewtwo's voice, as well as Jigglypuff's singing) that what you said is incorrect, you need to stop using it as a way to question the popularity and/or opinions of what people think would be a good pokemon character for Brawl.
Mewtwo's voice, Pokemon Yellow, and Jigglypuff singing prove that anime has something to do with a characters chances?

Here I'll say it one more time....

ANIME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A CHARACTER'S CHANCES

I would also like to make special mentions to Meowth as even though he has been featured in most if not all the episodes of the anime, he's still not even on the top ten all time pokemon further proving my point :chuckle:

And Tyrannotaur, your post is mostly the same as his so I won't even bother replying.

"Pokemon" is just the lazy way to spell it, or for someone who doesn't know how to make the é (Alt then 1410).
It seems like the way most everybody spells it, unless in a title or something and even then people don't use it (ex. this topic) but you know what ever your personal preference is I guess.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Here something someone else posted on the matter:
Yes, actually she did. In Red\Blue, there's a Jigglypuff you can talk to that says "pu pu pu pu" and sings the Jigglypuff song. (the "pu" were directly translated from the Japanese version, where she's Purin")

Pokemon Snap, too.
Then I suppose the legendary birds' names are "graauu".

Sorry, but one instance is, as you put it, irrelevant.

As far as Pokemon stadium they either:

A: Didn't feel like doing the voicing for the pokemon that didn't appear on the anime.
B: They wanted to keep it traditional.
C: Other
So you don't have an answer. How convenient.

Maybe because they stick its face to anything that has to do with pokemon? Also the fact that they have a giant Pikachu float at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade for what I think has been 5 years.

Seriously, this one wasn't even that hard...
You didn't answer the question.

Why is Pikachu the face of Pokemon?

Crystal Text:

A vicious psychic Pokémon created by genetic engineering. Its cold, glowing eyes strike fear into its enemy.

Please do a little research before stating things like that.
Haha..

You've fallen into the trap, dude.

Tell me when Crystal was released?

And then tell me when Pokemon: The First Movie, Mewtwo's premiere film, was released.

I'll make it easy for you:

Pokemon: The First Movie - July, 1998
Pokemon Crystal - December, 2000

2 years after Mewtwo's popularity and attitude was defined in the movies, is when the pokedex text YOU gave me updated his information to state as such.

Unless, you can prove to me in Pokemon Red/Blue proof of Mewtwo's attitude. :)

Here, let me do your work for you again:

"It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments."

Huh. Nothing about Mewtwo's personality there. Let's try the next game, Pokemon Yellow:

"Its DNA is almost the same as Mew's. However, its size and disposition are vastly different."

Still nothing. Interesting since Yellow was designed based off the anime. However, Pokemon Yellow was released before the First Movie was. So there you go.

The next game in the line is Pokemon Stadium:

"A vicious psychic Pokémon created by genetic engineering. Its cold glowing eyes strike fear into the hearts of its enemies"

Quite similar to Crystal's data.

However, Stadium came out on April of 1999, a year after The First Movie premiered.

And so laid out here in plain English is the undeniable proof that the anime influenced the game.

Sorry, sir, this is what you call a check mate.

I suggest you take your own advise and "do a little research". ;)

And I still don't understand why you brought up "in the DBZ manner."
I'll say it one more time, and then give up:

The way Mewtwo moved and attacked in the anime influenced Mewtwo's movements and attacks in the game.

Hey, if you think that the singing thing helped her get into Smash that's fine with me
Actually it was her popularity in the anime series that helped her get into Smash, just like it was the anime that influenced Mewtwo's persona in the games. ;)

Sure thing....

Her popularity came from the anime.

That was pretty easy.
And yet you claim:

"ANIME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A CHARACTER'S CHANCES"

riddle me this, since you seem to have the concept of answering SOME of my questions downpat:

why is it that Jigglypuff was chosen for Smash 64 and not, say, Clefairy, Charmander or Squirtle?

I can't really accept that title as you already have it.
Considering how easily you ran into the Crystal text situation, I'll give you a smile and nod like you're right.

Blaziken was promptly featured in the manga (more than half of the series)
irrelevant.

is a starter which automatically makes it more important than almost all the pokemon not counting legendaries
irrelevant.

and was heavily advertised with pokemon merchandise because of its starter status.
irrelevant.

See? I can do it too and it's just as effective. Let's take what you just said and reword it to see how easily it works into other pokemon:

Blaziken Lucario was promptly featured in the mangaMovie (more than half of the series acclaimed as one of the best), is a starter one of the first 4th gen pokemon revealed which automatically makes it more important than almost all the [newest] pokemon not counting [starters and] legendaries, and was heavily advertised with pokemon merchandise because of its starter status. presence in several cameos, movie, 4th gen icebreaker and metagame status.

Lucario Blaziken had a single role in a manga and some cameos.

Huh, it looks like Blaziken's chances are just as low as Lucario's. Let's tally, shall we?

Blaziken
Starter status
Role in manga
Often seen in anime
Lots of merchandise

Lucario
1st of 4th gen pokemon revealed
Role in movie
Many cameos
Status role in spinoff Dungeon games
Only non-legendary pokemon to star in a movie(mini-movies don't count)
Lots of merchandise

...Whoops.... ;)

See, corpse hunter, the reason "cameos" and "being next to legendaries in opening sequences" are significant bits of detail is this, and part of the reason as to why Lucario is so popular:

While there are many, many Blaziken in the pokemon world, Lucario is as far most people are concerned unique, at the most an endangered species. A far rarer pokemon, if you will.

Unfortunately starter status isn't enough. Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Pichu and Mewtwo are proof of that.

Ask that to the other 70% of people who didn't vote for him.
Huh? Did all 70% of the voters vote for the same exact Pokemon?

Oh that's right, they all split and voted for different ones.. So Lucario is STILL the highest percentage.

Get your math right and come back when you do.

Oh sorry my mistake, it is also irrelevant to why Pikachu was included.
translated into : "Oh, yeah, that's irrelevant too. Because I say so."

That's rich. Thanks for the laugh. :)

Question: Do I really have to write a reply to this?
No, you don't, it'd only dig you a deeper hole and I'm starting to feel bad for you.

True but you can actually
True but I can actually what?

Don't get to cocky there kid.
I'll stop getting cocky when you start getting logical.

Mewtwo's voice, Pokemon Yellow, and Jigglypuff singing prove that anime has something to do with a characters chances?

Here I'll say it one more time....

ANIME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A CHARACTER'S CHANCES
After all that, the only thing you can do is just repeat the same thing over and over again? You didn't tell me why "Mewtwo's voice, Pokemon Yellow, and Jigglypuff singing" don't prove anything, you just said they don't.

Let me clue you in:

when you are trying to say something, it usually helps if you have information to back up your claim.

Everyone has given you loads of information, and you've given, at the most, bits of misinformation(the Crystal text) and NO information.

Wow, I thought you actually HAD some kind of evidence to back up your claim.. but you honestly have nothing but your same sentence echoing..

I would also like to make special mentions to Meowth as even though he has been featured in most if not all the episodes of the anime, he's still not even on the top ten all time pokemon further proving my point
That doesn't prove your point at all.

Just because a pokemon is in many episodes doesn't mean he has to necessarily be popular.

A message to everyone else

Corpse Hunter has nothing. He'll only keep saying the same thing over and over again with no evidence to back up his statement. 'Best you ignore what he says regarding the subject from now on.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Lucario won, i think this thread will be closed soon, for i do not think the pokemon series will get six reps unless it is mewtwo, wich leaveas everyone elses chances 0%

Cerulean_Charizard

Smash Cadet
This is kind of a big blow for me, apparently Ness is also confirmed but it's not on there. You might need to search around for that.

*WARNING - RANT AHEAD*
WHY cut Mewtwo out? Because the competitives didn't like him? That's a silly excuse. I call for a petition, but those never work so there's no point. >.<' Mewtwo was too weak? Bowser got the buffed treatment, Sheik got the nerf treatment I'm assuming. Why not Mewtwo? Another reason he may have been cut out may be due to just simply make room for a 4th gen Pokemon. IMO, this seems to be the most likely reason. As much as I hate to admit it, Jigglypuff is much more popular than Mewtwo, and it would be more unfair to take Jiggles out over Mewtwo.

The fact that Mewtwo was 'replaced' by Lucario just annoys me (Darkrai I wouldn't mind as much, but Lucario just isn't a badass looking Pokemon at all). The fact that Ness of all of them in over Mewtwo makes my mind implode.

HOWEVER, I'm not going to consider this as complete evidence against Mewtwo's exclusion yet, perhaps the characters were not all unlocked when this shot was taken. I consider this to be unlikely unfortunately, but most of the time I am fairly optimistic (spelling fail). If the worst does happen and Mewtwo is not in Brawl, I have other characters (*cough*PokemonTrainer*cough*Sonic*cough*) to look forward to playing as, so a few weeks after Brawl is finally released here in the UK, I probably won't miss Mewtwo as much.

Still sucks that his chances have taken a huuuuge blow though, definatlely the character I used most in Melee. Mewtwo was also my first level 100 Pokemon all the way back in my Pokemon Silver days (never owned Red, Blue or Yellow), but that is unrelated to Brawl. :psycho:

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Cerulean, consider that the likes of Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Bowser and Wario are villains, and therefore would not be playable in the Subspace Emissary, which is the only place that the stickers' features work at all.

So while it only shows Lucario, Jigglypuff, Pikachu and Red, it's probably because those are the only Pokemon characters you can PLAY as in Subspace Emissary.

Mewtwo has not been proven or disproven to be in just yet.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
This should be interesting....

And Tyrannotaur, your post is mostly the same as his so I won't even bother replying.
Thanks for reading it and providing a intelligent response to it. Wait..you didn't.

Plus Lucario was confirmed..so I say HAH! Go away now. I grow tired of your foolishness.

It seems like the way most everybody spells it, unless in a title or something and even then people don't use it (ex. this topic) but you know what ever your personal preference is I guess.
At least you can understand that.

corpse_humper

Smash Cadet
*WARNING*

LONG POST AHEAD

Then I suppose the legendary birds' names are "graauu".

Sorry, but one instance is, as you put it, irrelevant.
No not really.

Original:
"Then I dare you to boot up a Pokemon Red or Blue and tell me what any of the pokemon tell you when you talk to them on the walking field."

This is what you call trying to avoid your mistake.

So you don't have an answer. How convenient.
You want me to pick for you?

Alright then let me see....I'll go with B: They wanted to keep it traditional.

You didn't answer the question.

Why is Pikachu the face of Pokemon?

Because this what nintendo chose. Reason: because he was popular before the anime unless you can officially prove me wrong.

Haha..

You've fallen into the trap, dude.

Tell me when Crystal was released?

And then tell me when Pokemon: The First Movie, Mewtwo's premiere film, was released.

I'll make it easy for you:

Pokemon: The First Movie - July, 1998
Pokemon Crystal - December, 2000

2 years after Mewtwo's popularity and attitude was defined in the movies, is when the pokedex text YOU gave me updated his information to state as such.

Unless, you can prove to me in Pokemon Red/Blue proof of Mewtwo's attitude. :)

Here, let me do your work for you again:

"It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments."

Huh. Nothing about Mewtwo's personality there. Let's try the next game, Pokemon Yellow:

"Its DNA is almost the same as Mew's. However, its size and disposition are vastly different."

Still nothing. Interesting since Yellow was designed based off the anime. However, Pokemon Yellow was released before the First Movie was. So there you go.

The next game in the line is Pokemon Stadium:

"A vicious psychic Pokémon created by genetic engineering. Its cold glowing eyes strike fear into the hearts of its enemies"

Quite similar to Crystal's data.

However, Stadium came out on April of 1999, a year after The First Movie premiered.

And so laid out here in plain English is the undeniable proof that the anime influenced the game.

Sorry, sir, this is what you call a check mate.

I suggest you take your own advise and "do a little research". ;)
:laugh::laugh:

How nice. You think you're being tricky! :laugh:

Who destroyed the Cinnibar Island mansion?

Mewtwo

Simple as that ;)

I'll say it one more time, and then give up:

The way Mewtwo moved and attacked in the anime influenced Mewtwo's movements and attacks in the game.
Grasping at straws...again.

Actually it was her popularity in the anime series that helped her get into Smash, just like it was the anime that influenced Mewtwo's persona in the games. ;)
Again, unless you can officially prove this (no guesses and assumptions) I won't believe you.

And yet you claim:

"ANIME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A CHARACTER'S CHANCES"

riddle me this, since you seem to have the concept of answering SOME of my questions downpat:

why is it that Jigglypuff was chosen for Smash 64 and not, say, Clefairy, Charmander or Squirtle?
Because of her popularity before the anime and runner up for the mascot spot.

Considering how easily you ran into the Crystal text situation, I'll give you a smile and nod like you're right.
:laugh::laugh:

irrelevant.

irrelevant.

irrelevant.

This was my original statement since it seems you forgot it so quickly:

You wan't to use things other than the anime, (which Blaziken also starred in) fine.

Blaziken
One of the 1st 3rd gen pokemon revealed
Starter status
Role in manga
Often seen in anime
Lots of merchandise

Lucario
1st of 4th gen pokemon revealed
Role in movie
Many cameosMany? how about 2 in the opening theme songs
Status role in spinoff Dungeon gamesIn which you couldn't catch him
Only non-legendary pokemon to star in a movie(mini-movies don't count)Unown and Pikachu, and if you are counting pokemon that co-stared as lucario did the list goes on
Lots of merchandise

Answers in bold.

...Whoops.... ;)
Exactly ;)

See, corpse hunter, the reason "cameos" and "being next to legendaries in opening sequences" are significant bits of detail is this, and part of the reason as to why Lucario is so popular:

While there are many, many Blaziken in the pokemon world, Lucario is as far most people are concerned unique, at the most an endangered species. A far rarer pokemon, if you will.
Alright so you see 4 in the game considering you own one and have beat the game. How does that make it more unique than the one and only Blaziken you get and see in R/S/E? If anything Blaziken is rarer.

Unfortunately starter status isn't enough. Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Pichu and Mewtwo are proof of that.
So now Pokemon Trainer doesn't exist anymore?

Huh? Did all 70% of the voters vote for the same exact Pokemon?

Oh that's right, they all split and voted for different ones.. So Lucario is STILL the highest percentage.

Get your math right and come back when you do.[/QUOTE]

Your original statement:
If people didn't vote for Lucario because they liked him, then whY DID they vote for him???

Whether the people voted for the same pokemon or not is besides the fact, about 70% of the people who voted on this forum preferred pokemon besides lucario to be in brawl.

In conclusion: 30% percent of this forum is close to nothing.

translated into : "Oh, yeah, that's irrelevant too. Because I say so."

That's rich. Thanks for the laugh. :)
If you still think Pikachu derived its popularity from the anime then that's fine with me.

But answer me this. Why did he get in the anime in the first place? Do you really think they spun a wheel with all 151 pokemon on it and it just so happened to land on Pikachu?

No, you don't, it'd only dig you a deeper hole and I'm starting to feel bad for you.
The poll that I posted was 100% hard evidence. People telling me he's popularity because he had a movie is not evidence as proved by Meowth.

True but I can actually what?
lol

What I meant to put was that you can actually recruit Blaziken. Lucario on the other hand is only mentioned a couple times, but not able to like I already stated before.

After all that, the only thing you can do is just repeat the same thing over and over again? You didn't tell me why "Mewtwo's voice, Pokemon Yellow, and Jigglypuff singing" don't prove anything, you just said they don't.
Actually I thought it was given. Those a examples aren't even remotely related to a pokemon's chances of getting into brawl as a PC.

Let me clue you in:

when you are trying to say something, it usually helps if you have information to back up your claim.
It also usually helps if you have even a single brain cell to understand that those examples aren't related to a pokemon's inclusion as a PC.

Everyone has given you loads of information, and you've given, at the most, bits of misinformation(the Crystal text) and NO information.

Wow, I thought you actually HAD some kind of evidence to back up your claim.. but you honestly have nothing but your same sentence echoing..
Except that I'm not the one trying to prove lucario's popularity or the reason anime effect a character's chances.

That doesn't prove your point at all.

Just because a pokemon is in many episodes doesn't mean he has to necessarily be popular.
The irony is killing!

Nice try, but you weren't paying attention it seems. I wasn't talking about the chances of a pokemon's inclusion in the game more than talking about your bold, baseless claim:

"ANIME IS IRRELEVANT TO A CHARACTER'S CHANCES"
BTW, you totally ignored this little contridiction right here. :chuckle:

A message to everyone else

Corpse Hunter.
What? Are you afraid to say humper? :chuckle:

Thanks for reading it and providing a intelligent response to it. Wait..you didn't.

Plus Lucario was confirmed..so I say HAH! Go away now. I grow tired of your foolishness.
I never said he didn't have a chance. I actually said that he had as much of a chance as Blaziken. I never doubted him being in brawl just that some of the arguments you people use to support him are severely flawed.

Well since you want a response so bad that you are resorting to insults, fine I have some time......

I never said that Smash only takes the influence from the Anime. You where claiming it was irrelevant, which it's not at all. Smash takes a great deal of influence from the games as well. The anime and the games both influence the Pokémon characters somewhat equally.
Hold on for a sec. Where/When did I imply that you said that Smash only takes the influence from the Anime? I was only proving that the "Pichu shocking itself" wasn't from the anime.

I never said it wasn't.
It sure sounded like it the the way you brought up Pichu :ohwell:

Clefairy was the Pokémon originally considered for the Mascot spot. They choose not to pick her as she was too feminine. Jigglypuff's popularity was only magnified by the anime. Same goes for Wobbuffet, btw.
Actually I also heard Clefairy was in 3rd for mascot. Not sure how they could consider Clefairy feminine but not Jiggly. And I doubt Jiggly only became very popular because the anime as you can see from Meowth. He has been in almost (again if not all) the anime episodes and movies and he isn't even on the top ten pokemon(Neither is Wobbuffet). Not to mention she was only in the first season and even then she wasn't in all the episodes.

I couldn't tell you why Pikachu got Skull Bash. As it doesn't learn it. I'm sure they wanted some diversity in their movesets as opposed to giving them all electric or fire moves.
It was an example for what you said.

Original statement:
"Why would they give it shadow ball if it wasn't at least somewhat inspired by the movie where it uses shadow ball quite frequently? It doesn't even learn shadow ball by level up."

And Pikachu in R/S/Y, could learn Skull Bash through a TM.

Is it? Cause you know I'm pretty sure that it's not. It isn't irrelevant at all. Here's another fine example that the anime is a source for the Pokémon side of smash. When Unown is released from it's ball it floats away then comes back in greater numbers to slam into the foe with the sheer power of their numbers. Now in the Games Unown can only learn Hidden Power. Which when used the Pokémon shoots out several orbs of energy in different directions. The Power and type of Hidden Power depends on the Pokémon. So why does it float away and attack with it's friends, when it could simply use Hidden Power then fly off? Well because in the third movie the Unown worked together to create a new world for Molly. Thus, Unown's attack in SSBM is based off the anime and not the games. To say that the anime doesn't affect the characters at all is foolish. I understand your argument. You are saying that if say Croagunk was really popular in the anime that wouldn't warrant a spot in the Brawl roster. That makes sense. But it shouldn't be ruled out. The fact that you called it irrelevant, meaning it has no real relevance or connection to the anime makes me think you have no idea what you are talking about. A Pokémon that is popular in the Anime has a better chance than a Pokémon that is hardly seen in the anime. Like I don't expect to see Beldum in Brawl, but Metagross is a Pokéball Pokémon. Because Metagross is used by Steven Stone in both the Games an the Anime, and also by Rebecca in the anime movie, Destiny Deoxys. So it's fame has been established by both the Anime and the Games. The two are connected, whether you want to admit it or not.

I really don't think you guys are understanding what I'm trying to get across.

This whole time, I wasn't talking about if the Anime affects Smash at all(which I'd be stupid not to see). What I am talking about is if it affects a CHARACTER'S chances. You know, playable character, some one that you can actually fight with, usually has a moveset. Get what I'm saying?

Man I really should have stated that at the beginning, but even then I would have still had to argue >____>

And I hope you understand mine.
Ya I understand it, it makes sense, but it is irrelevant to what I'm talking about.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
And Pikachu in R/S/Y, could learn Skull Bash through a TM.
I knew he got it somewhere..stupid Serebii Attack dex..

I really don't think you guys are understanding what I'm trying to get across.

This whole time, I wasn't talking about if the Anime affects Smash at all(which I'd be stupid not to see). What I am talking about is if it affects a CHARACTER'S chances. You know, playable character, some one that you can actually fight with, usually has a moveset. Get what I'm saying?

Man I really should have stated that at the beginning, but even then I would have still had to argue >____>

Ya I understand it, it makes sense, but it is irrelevant to what I'm talking about.
I got what you where saying. You just kept saying everything was irrelevant. You need a new word. Saying the same word a million times kinda makes your point moot.
Plus your wording kinda made it seem that you where saying the anime doesn't play a role in the Character design and that sort of thing. Thats what I was arguing.

I explained how I understood your Point in my other post, where I talked about Croagunk.. yeah.

Anyway we got Lucario. So I'm done arguing for him. Now I just need to wait to see what's become of Mewtwo.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
People! stop saying that Mewtwo is deconfirmed For Goodness Sake! if that leak was absolutly true, it only confirms ness, jigglypuff and lucario only because it have been shown thet this characters have a "life Sprite" or "character head sprite" which the PC have, nothing more

saying that mwtwo is deconfirmed (along with Claus, to the Claus fans) it's saying that Donkey kong, Diddy Kong, Bowser, Mario Peach And Luigi are deconfimed, which is... well just blasphemous and stupid...

If everyone of you watched the video in youtube you could see that the last sticker that is highlighted is a crocodile from the donkey kong series (klap trap i think...) and you can't see any face where the "franchise characters faces" should have been, also at the beginning of that "leak", the bowser simbol is selected a brief period of time, and also no character is shown (i think that the bowser sticker is the "bowser space" from Mario Party)...

This cleary points that we don't have any concrete evidence of how the "character faces near the sticker" system works, more than some "conclusions" made by users who watched the video...

also.. Anime doesn't have an influence directly of which pokemon enters to smash, It only a factor that influence which pokemons are more popular than others that is what influence the smash roster....

Kips

Smash Ace
See, but you just said yourself- Their popularity is the catalyst that provides them a few extra points to get into the game. Thus wouldn't that be directly affecting them, based on how much attention Nintendo and us, the consumers, give them?

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
he is most likely to be cut...if lucriao is in brawl then there seems to be no use for him xcept for as a pokeball
Mewtwo kills you.

He will come back. If not he will be a boss. They wouldn't demote him to Pokéball.

Pichu should be a boss too.. Pichu is really the ancient minister.. wait.. I'm lying.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Seriously, if Mewtwo became a boss, it still means he was demoted >_>'. I wish he was playable, but I trust Serebii's source which states that Lucario replaced him. If Mewtwo's back, it would be an awesome surprise for me.

I'm just going to stay negative about it because it's better to be negative and surprised if he's back than to be positive and have my hopes crushed if he doesn't return.

corpse_humper

Smash Cadet
People! stop saying that Mewtwo is deconfirmed For Goodness Sake! if that leak was absolutly true, it only confirms ness, jigglypuff and lucario only because it have been shown thet this characters have a "life Sprite" or "character head sprite" which the PC have, nothing more

saying that mwtwo is deconfirmed (along with Claus, to the Claus fans) it's saying that Donkey kong, Diddy Kong, Bowser, Mario Peach And Luigi are deconfimed, which is... well just blasphemous and stupid...

If everyone of you watched the video in youtube you could see that the last sticker that is highlighted is a crocodile from the donkey kong series (klap trap i think...) and you can't see any face where the "franchise characters faces" should have been, also at the beginning of that "leak", the bowser simbol is selected a brief period of time, and also no character is shown (i think that the bowser sticker is the "bowser space" from Mario Party)...

This cleary points that we don't have any concrete evidence of how the "character faces near the sticker" system works, more than some "conclusions" made by users who watched the video...

also.. Anime doesn't have an influence directly of which pokemon enters to smash, It only a factor that influence which pokemons are more popular than others that is what influence the smash roster....
As much as I want Mewtwo to return, his chances are looking very slim if Serebii's sources are correct (which I'm almost 100% sure the are). Believe me Mewtwo had a way better chance of returning than that nobody lucario in the first place it just doesn't make sense why they would replace a totally unique and bad-*** character with this stupid disabled aura dog. Not to make lucario supporters mad, but you can agree with me about Mewtwo getting in before lucario right? Unless you are a complete lucario fanboy you know where I'm coming from.

/rant

Anyways onto the reason of his disclusion....

According to this: http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6245&page=375

Serebii heavily implied that Mewtwo was out by saying that the posters that where discussing his return were living in doubt. When someone brought it up when arguing with him about the fact that he practically leaked it and why he couldn't give a straight answer. IMO he just covered his *** by denying and saying that he was talking about something else, when it seemed so obvious that he was practically saying that the trailer deconfirmed Mewtwo. Not to mention he debunked every character with Mewtwo on it which also seemed pretty suspicious.

I feel terrible doubting Mewtwo. May he at least be the strongest pokeball poke if he doesn't make as a PC or even an AT.

On ther hand....

On the other hand there is still that extra space after Jiggly that could be another character that for some reason they haven't unlocked yet. This could be sign that Blaziken is going to make it or not. But remember, the Pokemon is the 2nd best selling franchise from nintendo, and giving it one more character than in Melee isn't too much to ask for. Besides, never said that ONLY one vet and one newcomer would return and Blaziken was the 2nd most wanted character in brawl (after lucario's movie anyways) and he does indeed have everything lucario had to get into brawl....Alright maybe a little less, but only because of the th time the character list was established :ohwell:

This is most likely me just being a Blaziken fanboy and/or being in denial of no more poke PCs, but you know there is always that chances that he could make it in, however big that may be. But really, if Mewtwo is gone then it only makes sense to add Blaziken.

BTW the sticker thing in my eyes, only raises lucario's chances to 98%. Until it is official, I will always see it that way.

And Tyrannotaur, I really should have made it clear from the beginning I just thought you people would get it without me having to explain in the first place, but as you saw that didn't go very well....

And you have point about the irrelevant thing. I always think its given that it doesn't have anything to do with w/e, and saying one word is better than putting pointless reasoning behind it for such an obvious reason/point/ w/e. Maybe I'll start using invalid to mix things up. :chuckle:

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
there is no reason to not have 5 pokemon representatives, just as I am pretty positive there will be 5 mario representatives.

Since villains are likely not playable in Subspace Emissary, even if Mewtwo is in the game he wouldn't appear in the list alongside Lucario, Jigglypuff, Pikachu and Trainer.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Mewtwo kills you.

He will come back. If not he will be a boss. They wouldn't demote him to Pokéball.

Pichu should be a boss too.. Pichu is really the ancient minister.. wait.. I'm lying.
lucriao will crush your skull.:p

it would be impossible for him to be a boss seeing as how there is the subspace emissary thing, he just wouldn't fit in...although it seems very likely he will be a pokeball so ya probably can be looking forward to that.

pichu? a boss?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh:... :laugh::laugh::laugh:
If Mewtwo is taken out, there is a chance that I will turn emo.
well, looks like ya better start getting your mascara and your razors ready because he doesn't have a big chance of getting in (i give him a 12% chance of being in there)

TBL_Luis

Smash Apprentice
I can't decide between Blaziken and Lucario.
both are incredible part fighting types, but of course, Blaziken might seem a little Captain Falcon-like with all the fire based punching and kicking, so yeah, I'd go Lucario I guess :D

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
lucriao will crush your skull.:p

Wowz. I support BOTH Lucario and Mewtwo. I really don't get why we can't say Lucario Replaced Pichu, Mewtwo, Jiggs and Pikachu stayed as Vets and PT is the Newcomer. Makes sense to me.

it would be impossible for him to be a boss seeing as how there is the subspace emissary thing, he just wouldn't fit in...although it seems very likely he will be a pokeball so ya probably can be looking forward to that.

Mewtwo was the First True Uuber. How can he not be a boss? How Does he not fit in? In melee Sakurai teamed him up with the likes of Gannondorf, and GIGA BOWSER..so how does he not fit? If Rayquaza can be a Boss then so can Mewtwo. Case Closed. Good day.

pichu? a boss?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh:... :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Yeah.. it was a joke. I'm glad you got it. Hard to detect sarcasm on a message board. I would love it if Pichu was the Ancient Minister though.. lol..

Top Bottom