• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

TomSquirrel-Lord

Smash Cadet
Well, I know this may sound completely stupid but a guy at my local gaming club is family friends with an animator for some of the nintendo games :D (it may sound stupid but bear with me) and I said "Hey! is he working on SSBB?" and he told me "yes" so i asked him, "I'm dying to know will there be any more pokemon in SSBB and what other characters will be in?"

So he said a couple and a few that i remembered quite well. He said that banjo-kazooe (forgive me if my spelling is wrong) was mentioned and so was croc from early games, And so was Lucario! I asked for pachirisu and he reminded me that sakurai said no clones >.>

but the point of what I'm trying to say is that Lucario should have chance at SSBB because he sounds perfect for fighting (Fighting type right?) and He was mentioned from a semi-reliable source.

now please don't flame me if I'm wrong or say things like "OMG! u Lie!" I'm just saying that i believe my friend and lucario probably will be the next pokemon in if there is another.

-Tom

jbeeber95

Smash Apprentice
dang :( i thought jigglypuff would be up there. he really needs to be back in brawl. he is cute and strong. with really good aim, he can be the best in that whole game :(

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Well, I know this may sound completely stupid but a guy at my local gaming club is family friends with an animator for some of the nintendo games :D (it may sound stupid but bear with me) and I said "Hey! is he working on SSBB?" and he told me "yes" so i asked him, "I'm dying to know will there be any more pokemon in SSBB and what other characters will be in?"

So he said a couple and a few that i remembered quite well. He said that banjo-kazooe (forgive me if my spelling is wrong) was mentioned and so was croc from early games, And so was Lucario! I asked for pachirisu and he reminded me that sakurai said no clones >.>

but the point of what I'm trying to say is that Lucario should have chance at SSBB because he sounds perfect for fighting (Fighting type right?) and He was mentioned from a semi-reliable source.

now please don't flame me if I'm wrong or say things like "OMG! u Lie!" I'm just saying that i believe my friend and lucario probably will be the next pokemon in if there is another.

-Tom
Pure BS, especially since Sakurai never said he didn't want any clones.

corpse_humper

Smash Cadet
Lucario is like the poster boy for the 4th Gen (Take away the legendaries though), and a very popular one at that.
Not counting Munchlax, Bonsley, Mime Jr. and Buneary, I guess you could consider him as "the poster boy of the 4th gen". :ohwell:

You even have to do a side quest to obtain the Riolu Egg.
Irrelevant. You have to do a side quest for a number of pokemon in the games. (Rotom, Sudowoodo , Spiritomb, Castform, Eevee, etc)

And Riolu evolves in a special way to evolve into Lucario (Friendship and level him up one level during the day).
Again, irrelevant to lucario's chances, but if you really think that's a reason, then look how many other poke's evole in a "special way"

http://www.serebii.net/games/happiness.shtml

IMO, Blaziken is just another Pokemon among the 493 Pokemon in the game (Minus all the Legendary types to a lower number),
I'm pretty sure you don't know that Blaziken is a starter if you think that Blaziken is just a generic poke.

but Lucario is a special Pokemon though.
No not really.

look at all the pokemon who were palyable once before. they all had major roles in the series. pikachu's the most popular pokemon, jigglypuff was known as the pink thing who always made everyone go to sleep everytime it sings, surely if ur a pokemon fan you'll remember the pichu brothers from the third movie, and mewtwo had his own movie named after him. lucario also had his own movie named after him. but the fact that why meowth was never a playable character is beyond me
Pikachu and Jiggly were popular way before the anime. Which how they got they're role in the anime in the first place.

Pichu was there to represent the 2nd gen, was popular, and is the pre-evo of the mascot of the pokemon series.

Mewtwo is practically the villian of the pokemon series and is also popular.

SonicSSJX the Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
Not counting Munchlax, Bonsley, Mime Jr. and Buneary, I guess you could consider him as "the poster boy of the 4th gen". :ohwell:

Irrelevant. You have to do a side quest for a number of pokemon in the games. (Rotom, Sudowoodo , Spiritomb, Castform, Eevee, etc)

Again, irrelevant to lucario's chances, but if you really think that's a reason, then look how many other poke's evole in a "special way"

http://www.serebii.net/games/happiness.shtml

I'm pretty sure you don't know that Blaziken is a starter if you think that Blaziken is just a generic poke.

No not really.

Pikachu and Jiggly were popular way before the anime. Which how they got they're role in the anime in the first place.

Pichu was there to represent the 2nd gen, was popular, and is the pre-evo of the mascot of the pokemon series.

Mewtwo is practically the villian of the pokemon series and is also popular.
Stop being a Lucario hater. And I'm not a noob at Pokemon, I know what is a starter and what is not and which Pokemon can be obatin in side quests and other ways. I like all the Pokemon, I don't hate any, but my point is, Lucario is more popular than Blaziken (In Japan), Starter or not. And Japan favors on what is popular at the time and to appear in their games (Marth and Roy from Fire Emblem come to mind to be in SSBM). People in America just hate Lucario or think he is over-rated and say he should not be in SSBB, which I find to be a stupid reason for him to be out. :p

Kips

Smash Ace
I have 3 things to say.

1) He was being a bit rough, but he was actually speaking the truth- not open Lucario hatred.
2) This thread is to speculate which one DESERVES a slot, not what the Japanese public desires. If I desire my Eevee/lutions I'll state it. You can like Lucario, it doesn't mean I have to go into open combat with you.
3) What does America have to do with anything? We're not all obese jerks that wave our flag around and try to swing our nuclear weight.

SonicSSJX the Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
I have 3 things to say.

1) He was being a bit rough, but he was actually speaking the truth- not open Lucario hatred.
2) This thread is to speculate which one DESERVES a slot, not what the Japanese public desires. If I desire my Eevee/lutions I'll state it. You can like Lucario, it doesn't mean I have to go into open combat with you.
3) What does America have to do with anything? We're not all obese jerks that wave our flag around and try to swing our nuclear weight.
I was just stating for people in America. Most Lucario haters have those two things in common, they think he's over-rated, and just because they hate him he can't be in. That's what I've seen on many Pokemon forums, SSB related forums, and even on GameFaqs too. lol, those funny Anti Lucario threads. I want him in, but I'm very crazy for him to be in like I wanted Sonic in (Any good Pokemon that is good enough to fight can be in, Blaziken and Lucario are both good Pokemon fighting types). I just think Lucario will be a better addition in than Blaziken (Not on how popular he is, just how he’s designed to and well built for this game). But Japan does have a more favor of which characters go into SSBB than the rest of the world. Like they had a SSBB Poll in June (You know which one I'm talking about) to see which characters they want most, but did everyone else in the world get a say in the poll? They/We didn't, just Japan. Japan just has more of a character influence than everyone else in the world for characters in SSBB. That's what I was saying about how Japan likes Lucario more, he's a big Pokemon in Japan (More or less, that I have been told). I don't want any hard feelings here, just stating my opinion, I don't like being flamed at. -_-'

Fawriel

Smash Master
Let's see.
3x3x4=36

Blaziken is one of a royal 36 starter Pokemon. And the only thing that makes it stand out is that a bunch of mostly Americans like it for some reason...

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, and everyone knows that Feraligatr'd be a way better choice than hokey ol' Blaziken as Feraligatr is constructed almost solely of awesome and win with a little bit of rawr thrown in.

Mr-Armageddon

Smash Apprentice
That is on a strictly need-to-know basis. If I to
I have to say that I really don't like people who let their opinions cloud their better judgment. Torchic was released as a pokeball item in brawl. In addition, Blaziken is just soo random. Everyother pokemon on the list are just ones people like to see in Brawl and only have a chance to be from pokeballs. Lucario is the only pokeon who has a chance of being playable.

corpse_humper

Smash Cadet
I was just stating for people in America. Most Lucario haters have those two things in common, they think he's over-rated, and just because they hate him he can't be in. That's what I've seen on many Pokemon forums, SSB related forums, and even on GameFaqs too. lol, those funny Anti Lucario threads. I want him in, but I'm very crazy for him to be in like I wanted Sonic in (Any good Pokemon that is good enough to fight can be in, Blaziken and Lucario are both good Pokemon fighting types). I just think Lucario will be a better addition in than Blaziken (Not on how popular he is, just how he’s designed to and well built for this game). But Japan does have a more favor of which characters go into SSBB than the rest of the world. Like they had a SSBB Poll in June (You know which one I'm talking about) to see which characters they want most, but did everyone else in the world get a say in the poll? They/We didn't, just Japan. Japan just has more of a character influence than everyone else in the world for characters in SSBB. That's what I was saying about how Japan likes Lucario more, he's a big Pokemon in Japan (More or less, that I have been told). I don't want any hard feelings here, just stating my opinion, I don't like being flamed at. -_-'
*puts down torch*

well so much for that....

but I do have a few things to say...

Most Lucario haters have those two things in common, they think he's over-rated, and just because they hate him he can't be in. That's what I've seen on many Pokemon forums, SSB related forums, and even on GameFaqs too. lol, those funny Anti Lucario threads.
Most of us anti-lucario people understand tthat he has a chance (I hope they do anyways), but the only reason I am against him is that if he gets in first then that right there destroys whatever chance Blaziken had to get in brawl.

lol, those funny Anti Lucario threads.
Oh the irony....

That's what I was saying about how Japan likes Lucario more, he's a big Pokemon in Japan (More or less, that I have been told).
From what I've seen neither Blaziken or lucario are liked that much in Japan.

I'd also like to add that Metroid Prime is hated in Japan IIRC, but Sakurai added a stage from Prime anyways which shows that he actually cares about what the US thinks. :ohwell:

Let's see.
3x3x4=36

Blaziken is one of a royal 36 starter Pokemon. And the only thing that makes it stand out is that a bunch of mostly Americans like it for some reason...
You're taking the starter thing way out of context here, but just to show how dumb what you said sounds...

There are a total of 35 legendary poke's, but by your logic since there is a large number of legendaries that must mean they're unimportant and generic. M I RITE?

The starter pokemon are your first pokemon you get in the game. They are always heavily advertised with the game and for that matter anything that has to do with pokemon. More then lucario could ever wish for. Not to mention, the fire starters are also usually the more popular ones outside of Japan. They usually cater to the cuter poke's (Jigglypuff, Buneary, etc)

BTW until someone shows actual proof that lucario is as popular as people make him out to be, I wont believe tha he is. And no the poll here is not a sign that he's popular as only 33% of this forum actually wants him in, which is a VERY VERY small percentage.

corpse_humper

Smash Cadet
Well most arguements for a lot of characters can be undermined- Sorry if I offended you, my wording was off. Thirty-four more days... I can't wait!
Don't worry about it ;)

I have to say that I really don't like people who let their opinions cloud their better judgment.
:rotfl:

Torchic was released as a pokeball item in brawl. In addition, Blaziken is just soo random.
If what you're saying is that since his evolutionary line is already represented he can't be in as a PC, then you might want to check the pokemon that were featured in SSB64 ;)

Fawriel

Smash Master
You're taking the starter thing way out of context here, but just to show how dumb what you said sounds...

There are a total of 35 legendary poke's, but by your logic since there is a large number of legendaries that must mean they're unimportant and generic. M I RITE?

The starter pokemon are your first pokemon you get in the game. They are always heavily advertised with the game and for that matter anything that has to do with pokemon. More then lucario could ever wish for. Not to mention, the fire starters are also usually the more popular ones outside of Japan. They usually cater to the cuter poke's (Jigglypuff, Buneary, etc)
Not saying that starters are just as generic as most other Pokemon. But with such a number of starters, you can't expect that status to be of any help in getting into Smash, except when piggybacked by a Trainer.
I have no idea how likely Lucario is, since his accomplishments are only mildly out of the ordinary and he might just be a fad. On the other hand, we have Jigglypuff in Smash, so maybe the question isn't who is most "deserving" in the first place.

corpse_humper

Smash Cadet
Not saying that starters are just as generic as most other Pokemon. But with such a number of starters, you can't expect that status to be of any help in getting into Smash, except when piggybacked by a Trainer.
But it is a big factor in terms of popularity since they are so advertised and there was/is a 1/3 of chance (maybe even more because of how easy the elite four is with Blaziken in R/S and that it's the fire starter) that people picked it which means more people were/are made known of him.

On the other hand, we have Jigglypuff in Smash, so maybe the question isn't who is most "deserving" in the first place.
If you're implying that Jigglypuff is also a fad pokemon then....

This is a poll from 06 to see which pokemon were the most wanted for a DVD collection set. Though it may be a year old, I know for a fact then her popularity didn't decline so fast to get her off of the top ten list. Especially in Japan.

Fawriel

Smash Master
If you're implying that Jigglypuff is also a fad pokemon then....
No, I'm implying that she sucks. :p

I see Eevee at number 6! With Pikachu, Jiggs, Charizard and Squirtle out of the way and Blastoise having 0 chance due to Squirtle, Eevee is next in line!
That would actually be quite cool. I'd much prefer Eevee over Lucario... although I can't say I can picture a sensible way to include all the possibilities that offer themselves... momentary evolution? More different movesets than you can count on one hand? Doubtful...

rayecho

Smash Ace
Well then it would have something to do with holding B down- As you hold it each evolutionary stone/moon/sun/grass/ice would appear overhead maybe for quick cycling.
I think it would be easier if you press down B multiple times to switch threw the evolutions. But in the end, Lucario will stand buff over all pokemon.

Kips

Smash Ace
I think that the main arguement for Eevee is as follows-

1) Multiple main characters have owned an Eevee (Gary and May).
2) Long running character with new incarnations in every single new generation to date.
3) Had an episode centered around Eevee+3 first Eeveelutions.
4) Innovative and interesting.

That's all I can think of for now.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I think that the main arguement for Eevee is as follows-

1) Multiple main characters have owned an Eevee (Gary and May).
2) Long running character with new incarnations in every single new generation to date.
3) Had an episode centered around Eevee+3 first Eeveelutions.
4) Innovative and interesting.

That's all I can think of for now.
@ 2: Not in the 3rd gen.

rayecho

Smash Ace
Almost every pokemon had an episode centered around them. Eevee did have a lot of evolutions, but others got an evolution with at least one generation.

I find Eevee just an ordinary Pokemon with a lot of evolutions, a lot. So i can't see there being a special reason for Eevee to get in.

Top Bottom