• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Porygon-Z - The evolved form of the pokemon that sent hundreds of Japanese pokemon tv show watchers to the hospital

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
i just thought of something... the subspace emissary, right? this is gonna mean that the characters in brawl are gonna require, well... a personal history

thats not a problem with the likes of pikachu, mewtwo, and even jigglypuff seems to stand a chance still, but it means that alot of pokemon have had their chances just about destroyed. how many of the pokemon here have a personal history? charizard is part of the pokemon trainer red, so thats not a problem.
but when you look at this list, only 2 pokemon stand out with a chance because of having 1 of its kind with a personal history: lucario and meowth. i think all the other pokemon have just about had their chances cut.
Lucario doesn't even have a personal history in the games. They aren't basing the Pokemon by anime. Pikachu's in because he's Pokemon's mascot, so that doesn't mean that his history is based on the anime in the game >_>. I'll accept Lucario's chances as being higher than most of the others if you prove his importance outside of that one movie (and Pokemon Dungeon 1 does not count because he doesn't actually appear).

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Meowth is also>Lucario.

Meowth for brawl!
Agreed. Meowth over Lucario any day.
By the way, I suggest people check ign.com's Smash It Up! series of articles. The latest one is about animal candidates. It features Meowth, Lucario, Demiru, Dixie Kong, Muddy Mole, and Laughing Dog. They aren't the most intelligent people, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Fawriel

Smash Master
generic? how many of them have deep personal histories?

then again, seeing as how there is a pokemon trainer, other pokemon (game) characters could get in. lance for example, he is pretty important.
Gardevoir had a central role in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game.

Not to mention that those "histories" are far from required. All they need is some logical part in the story. Which might just be, "Pokemon Trainer is in a pickle! Thank god a random Pikachu who liked his haircut came to aid him! Yaaaaay."

And the second half of what you said........ seriously, no.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Gardevoir had a central role in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game.
as a sort of damsel in distress... did she even fight in the story?
Not to mention that those "histories" are far from required. All they need is some logical part in the story. Which might just be, "Pokemon Trainer is in a pickle! Thank god a random Pikachu who liked his haircut came to aid him! Yaaaaay."
just because that idea is unoriginal doesnt mean that good ones couldnt be made for pokemon with actual histories. mewtwo could be fighting to save his tribe of clone pokemon for example. jiggly could be fighting to boost her singing career. pikachu could be trying to save the pichu brothers (yay! an excuse to not feature pichu in brawl)
And the second half of what you said........ seriously, no.
i dont get it... you came up with practically the same idea with gardy if she is featured in the subspace emmisary in your thread. sounds a little contradicting.

besides, i think its a good idea. the only pokemon new pokemon character they have confirmed so far is a trainer afterall. there could be a number of trainers that use different sets of pokemon, that wouldnt make them any less original. it would also mean that more pokemon could become characters, because instead of having like 3 new slots with 3 new pokemon, you'd have 3 new slots with 12 new pokemon. that would rock.

i mean for example, seeing as how gardy is a protective pokemon, why not have wally instead of just gardy? that way he could also include the likes of gallade and roselia.

other ideas include lance with pokemon such as dragonite, tyranitar and garchomp. a flyer, a digger and a tank in 1? that would be awsome. his brawl could involve gyarados and/or aerodactyl or a triple hyper beam.

for all the fighting pokemon fans out there, there could be bruno, using the hitmons. a swift short ranger boxer, a powerful long ranged kicker and a balanced head spinning weirdo. his brawl could involve onyx and machamp.

remember golds rival from the second generation? silver? he could include gengar, alakazam, sneasel and perhaps feraligatr.

and for all the blaziken fanboys, theres may. she doesnt just include blaziken but also perhaps aggron and ludicolo

IceClimbersUser1

Smash Cadet
i decided to choose meowth for this one. meowth would be a reason not to bring Pichu back, and IMO Meowth is very popular (not as popular as Jigglypuff though).

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
Why does the freakin fire chicken have more votes then the greatest pokemon ever Meowth!?!?!

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
because this poll was created 9 months ago

i still find it amazing that a thread i practically caused the existance of is still stickied after all this time

Fawriel

Smash Master
as a sort of damsel in distress... did she even fight in the story?
Not necessarily. So?

Oh, and Gengar was some sort of protagonist antagonist, too.
i dont get it... you came up with practically the same idea with gardy if she is featured in the subspace emmisary in your thread. sounds a little contradicting.

besides, i think its a good idea. the only pokemon new pokemon character they have confirmed so far is a trainer afterall. there could be a number of trainers that use different sets of pokemon, that wouldnt make them any less original. it would also mean that more pokemon could become characters, because instead of having like 3 new slots with 3 new pokemon, you'd have 3 new slots with 12 new pokemon. that would rock.
...I don't recall ever suggesting coming up with another Pokemon trainer. The idea is just extremely unlikely. Making that one Pokemon Trainer must have been a ****load of work already. And if they were planning to include even more trainers, why call that one "Pokemon Trainer" instead of "Red" or something?

And if you're the cause for this thread, go make them post a new one with better poll options. =P

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
Why do so many people like Blaziken? I don't get it...There is at least 50 other Pokemon I wiould like to see in the game before him.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
I just saw the Aqua Teen movie! It was hilarious! Seriously though, all of the third and fourth generation starters kind of suck.

kingbooforums

Smash Apprentice
deoxoys ftw!11 oh and i cant unsubscribe i try but it wont erase from the topic subs why? btw ritten on my wii so there are alot of typos grrrrrr

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Feraligatr is still one of my favorite starters (after Blastoise, of course).
Feraligatr whatever has to be one of the worse of the starters...

I don't even like how he looks and he doesn't learn any good attacks

I hate the tr at the end of his name also...it pisses me off for some reason

Nintendo_Rockstar

Smash Cadet
Porygon-Z doesn't have an important role in the anime! Lucario and Meowth have way better chances of becoming playable! Pikachu, J-puff, Mewtwo and Pichu are the best known non-starter Pokemon there are!

And as i said: Starters and Legendary trios are never gonna become playable! So this leaves Meowth and Lucario as main candidates... Even Plusle and Minun, and not to mention Psyduck and Wobbuffet are more famous then Porygon-Z!

FalconPunch_

Smash Cadet
Ash wouldve been put in instead of PT if Pikachu wasnt an individual character, and i think Meowth would be awesome as a character, Pay Day is awesome (the anime Meowth doesnt use it, but its an awesome Meowth-exclusive attack)

Nintendo_Rockstar

Smash Cadet
Playable Pokemon characters in Brawl:

- Pikachu
- Pokemon Trainer
- Jigglypuff
- Mewtwo
- Pichu (could be completely redone and we need a 2nd gen pokemon!)
- Lucario and/or Meowth (if they remove Pichu then both would be playable)

Other Pokemon that could have been made playable:

- Deoxys!!! Best 3rd gen rep!!!
- Munchlax - 1st 4th gen pokemon to be revealed and very popular!

Top Bottom