• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Playable Pokemon characters in Brawl:

- Pikachu
- Pokemon Trainer
- Jigglypuff
- Mewtwo
- Pichu (could be completely redone and we need a 2nd gen pokemon!)
- Lucario and/or Meowth (if they remove Pichu then both would be playable)

Other Pokemon that could have been made playable:

- Deoxys!!! Best 3rd gen rep!!!
- Munchlax - 1st 4th gen pokemon to be revealed and very popular!
and you think this y?

MysticKenji

Smash Master

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
http://wii.ign.com/articles/825/825314p1.html

IGN gives shout-outs to both Meowth and Lucario, although they seem to favor Lucario as the most likely pokemon candidate for a new character.

Concerning adding brand new franchise characters like 4th Gen Lucario, seeing as both Ike and Lucas are the most recent characters of their respective series, I see the trend continuing for some of the new characters that have yet to appear. Lucario may be one of them if the trend follows into Pokemon.

"Meowth would have a chance at playability only if Brawl's developers really wanted much more representation for Pokemon as a franchise, because Pikachu and the Pokemon Trainer are already confirmed, and Mewtwo, Jigglypuff and perhaps even Pichu could also be returning as veterans. That would make Meowth the sixth man on an already overloaded series squad, meaning he'd have to have a pretty inventive and unique moveset employing some crazy Fury Swipes and Pay Day attacks to be able to make his mark. More likely, Meowth could star as a Poke Ball monster, and appear on screen for a short while while issuing a single attack. But it would be fun to face him in battle as a real fighter, just to be able to send him "blasting off again.""

"Lucario could be a definite contender to become a new standalone fighter for Pokemon. He has his own signature techniques and attacks that are shared by few other monsters in the series, and moves like Metal Claw, Force Palm and Aura Sphere could become the basis for an excellent moveset. He could use Sky Uppercut to recover from falls, and focus energy into Flash Cannon bursts as a distance attack. It would also make a whole lot of sense for Pokemon to finally be represented in Smash by an actual Fighting-type monster, you know. Fighting type, fighting game. There you go. Of all the many possibilities beyond the standard Trainer, Lucario has got to be the most likely next best choice for Pokemon, and he'd serve as excellent representation for the franchise's newest generation. So let's hope he makes the cut, and not just as a Poke Ball monster."

If Lucario makes the cut and Pichu does not, that's a solid 6 character slots. They'd need to only add 1-2 more in the Mario franchise to break even, and considering how many possible characters are available in that franchise it'd be very easy to do so.

Mr. Who

Smash Cadet
Lucario all the way

Lucario is probably the best bet. He is practically the mascot of Generation IV! Though I don't think he would be light. He's part steel, and steel types can get very heavy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No, they shouldn't

Yes, 3. As in not 1 by itself.

Yes, he does.
Like hell...He learns the least of ALL the starters moves...He doesn't even have a signature move like Blastoise...

- Scratch 40 Normal 100% 35
- Leer - Normal 100% 30
7 Rage 20 Normal 100% 20
13 Water Gun 40 Water 100% 25
21 Bite 60 Dark 100% 25
28 Scary Face - Normal 90% 10
38 Slash 70 Normal 100% 20
47 Screech - Normal 85% 40
58 Hydro Pump 120 Water 80% 5

What in that is really good?

Nintendo_Rockstar

Smash Cadet
and you think this y?
Think what? If you mean why should have they made Deoxys playable, well here are some reasons:

- He's the last Pokemon of his generation!
- He's very unic, having 4 different forms!
- He's been the star of a movie, alongside Rayquaza!
- He's like the Mewtwo or Darkrai of his generation!
- He could have had an awesome and unic moveset!

AND HE WAS POKEBALLED! :mad:

And Munchlax... well cuz of popularity reasons. He's been the first 4th gen Pokemon to be revealed. And everybody knows him as the cute little pre-evolved form of the very popular Snorlax! And everybody knows Snorlax! :)

For Lucario and Meowth just check the latest Smash It Up on IGN.

aruby14

Smash Apprentice
wow he took him 3 year to found that.......you got to give him credit for it
Hehe thats funny I wouldnt mind Lucario since he is a ver popular 4th Gen, with fanboys at least, But Meowth? Really you guys arent even trying anymore are you? And no Pichu! If any one has to come to rep 2nd gen then make the PT other costumes be reps for the other gens.
EX
Squirtle=Totodile=Mudkip=piplup
ivysaur=bayleef=sceptile=grotile
charizard=typlosion=blazeken=Infernape

And it doesnt have to be strait clones they could be altered and they dont have to follow those exact evolutions. tutwig instead of grotle, or Empoleon instead of piplup since hes already a poke ball pokemon.

And they could be named based off of their repective games lie Red, Gold, Ruby, or Diamond, with a female trainer to be the second color like Silver, Blue, Sappire, and Pearl.
So what do you Poke fans think? fair enough?

Brawlman

Smash Ace
Hehe thats funny I wouldnt mind Lucario since he is a ver popular 4th Gen, with fanboys at least, But Meowth? Really you guys arent even trying anymore are you? And no Pichu! If any one has to come to rep 2nd gen then make the PT other costumes be reps for the other gens.
EX
Squirtle=Totodile=Mudkip=piplup
ivysaur=bayleef=sceptile=grotile
charizard=typlosion=blazeken=Infernape

And it doesnt have to be strait clones they could be altered and they dont have to follow those exact evolutions. tutwig instead of grotle, or Empoleon instead of piplup since hes already a poke ball pokemon.

And they could be named based off of their repective games lie Red, Gold, Ruby, or Diamond, with a female trainer to be the second color like Silver, Blue, Sappire, and Pearl.
So what do you Poke fans think? fair enough?
No, cuz no other Starter Pokemon has wings. Charizard has wings. Impossible to make other Pokemon as alts.

aruby14

Smash Apprentice
No, cuz no other Starter Pokemon has wings. Charizard has wings. Impossible to make other Pokemon as alts.
Yeah thats why i said to make alterations to moves like how Cap Falcon could wall jump, but his clone Ganandorf couldnt. Maybe have Infernape do Like a cool flaming flip or Blaikne do some kind of Sky Uppercut. You know, Not very different but something for all gens

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
No onni i made ditto he's my sperm and i named him ditto after my liklyness then i played some random asian guy in yugioh or magic i don't remember and lost it there the asian guy later became the creater of pokemon and put ditto in there as a tribute for his undying love for me and my ditto thats the history of the ditto (names where added to protect the innocent) THISE IS LAW AND ORDER!:ohwell:

Dr.Saturn

Smash Apprentice
To be honest i would love Snorlax to be in it he is by far one of the most popular pokemon As well as his moves fit the game quite well plus hes a first gen the one that everyone can remember loving, I mean everyone.

SonicLucario

Smash Journeyman
I think Lucario has the best chance as he is popular,4th gen (something that should have more emphasis) and is a fighting type.He would be great w/a good moveset

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Lucario has the best chance as he is popular,4th gen (something that should have more emphasis) and is a fighting type.He would be great w/a good moveset
You know who's better in the 4th gen in every way than Lucario...Porygon-Z...

Not A Naruto Wannabe

Smash Apprentice
Lucario. Never played the game, but in all the pokemon games i have played, fighting type (and fire is close second:006:)has been my favorite type. lucario has the Humanoid build that makes it easy to find a moveset, and he is pretty kwl looking...

Still don't want pokemon spamming the character selection, but one more should be fine.

Blaziken in close second :)

aruby14

Smash Apprentice
Your missing the point. I'm speaking of the games and how i think there should be reps for all the gens. NOT THE ANIME OR THE MANGA OR THE @#$@ MOVIES. THE GAMES. thats why its Smash Bros. Because of all the GAMES in Nintendo's history that meant something. Jeez...:mad:

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
I have decided to end my Lucario support in order to be more completely insane.
Now, I support only Meowth and Psyduck.
Why?
They're awesome, that's why.

Top Bottom