• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
That video in today's update showed Torchic. Blaziken can't be a fighter if its pre-evolved form is in a Poke Ball.
Really.. so by this Logic if Baby Mario or Young Link got in as Assist trophies, that would mean they would have to remove Link and Mario as PCs?

No.

If Blaziken gets in it would be because of Sakurai and the other developers thinking he was a good enough character, not because his Pre-evo is a Pokéball pokémon.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Really.. so by this Logic if Baby Mario or Young Link got in as Assist trophies, that would mean they would have to remove Link and Mario as PCs?

No.

If Blaziken gets in it would be because of Sakurai and the other developers thinking he was a good enough character, not because his Pre-evo is a Pokéball pokémon.
and u are correct!

same thing that happened wit melee am i right?

vinternet

Smash Cadet

No.

In some ways what he says makes sense. In Melee they decided to have Char. Blast. and Ven. so they gave Charmander's move to Cyndaquil, they gave Weezing Koffing's old power, Staryu was in instead of Starmie, Porygon2 got Porygon's. There is certainly a precedent for only bothering to have 1 character from any evolution family.

There's also a glaring exception though. Pikachu and Pichu were both playable characters. A lot of people disliked this and don't even think Pichu is back in though, so it would seem that people are generally accepting of the aforementioned "rule."

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Well, as I've said, logic used for other series really doesn't apply to Pokemon, which was one of the reasons sandman was such an idiot.
I wouldn't call this a deconfirmation, but it's a serious blow to Ballziken's chances.

kaid

Smash Master
I agree with Vinternet. While this doesn't deconfirm Blaze, it would require Blaze to be yet another exception, throwing another barrier across his chances. (the first being Pokemon trainer's legitimization of the starter-equality "rule")

Fawriel

Smash Master
Mew doesn't seem like such a bad idea anymore.

And obviously I'm going to have to deal with the ultimately uninteresting design of Jigglypuff again. And a Pokemon with the only redeeming quality of being borderline furry or something.
*sigh*
At least I still have the Pokemon Trainer and Mewtwo. And Wind Waker Link. Maybe.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Lucario just doesn't compare. Period.

Though I guess I'll have to start liking him now or something.
Probably doesn't help that I've always found the fighting type boring and that I can't look at Egyptian-type stuff without thinking it's cliched.
If Sakurai manages to make the best of Lukey-boy's model, I might forgive him.

kaid

Smash Master
Well, try looking up Type: Wild on Youtube. It's a fighting game made with just pokemon. Lucario's in it, along with Snorelax, Gengar, and Blaziken.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I only found a video of Snorlax and Gengar fighting and I probably can't play the game due to being on a Linux system. I can try later, maybe. No time for that now. Gotta hurry to university. Sometime soon. Maybe.

Sheik-ah-love

Smash Rookie
where's magikarp? He would be so great to fight a psychological battle. Opponant walks up, laughing, and wham Tail slap! Opponants all "what the ****?" and wham Tail slap! Opponant goes in for the kill... and wham! Tail Slap!
Bwahahahahahahaha

Who

Smash Rookie
At this point, considering most, if not all pokemon make a return, we do not need more pokemon fanservice, especially with pokemon trainer being added to the game. You add even just a few more pokemon characters, and the game might as well change its name to "Super Pokemon Brawl (with nintendo costars!)"

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Don't hold your breath.

PACHIRISU
B: Discharge
>B: Swift
^B: Spark
VB: Super Fang
FS: Last Resort

Comments?
Looks good. Pachi would be fun to play as. Rabid Electric Squirrel FTW!

At this point, considering most, if not all pokemon make a return, we do not need more pokemon fanservice, especially with pokemon trainer being added to the game. You add even just a few more pokemon characters, and the game might as well change its name to "Super Pokemon Brawl (with nintendo costars!)"
Oh shush. Pokemon has about as many Characters as Mario. Pichu will most likely not be coming back.
Pokémon has..
1. Pikachu
2. Jigglypuff
3. Mewtwo
4. Pokémon Trainer
5. Pichu/ Lucario/ :insert character here:

While Mario has...
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Inevitable 5th character.

Plus Pokémon is one of Nintendo's highest grossing series.. so if they want alot of representatives they can have them.

Black/Light

Smash Master
As opposed to Super Mario Brawl?
He said "even afew more" so I take it that he means more than 2. . .

Pika
Jpuff
Mew2
Pokemon Trainer (who is basicaly 3 pokemon characters in one)
Plus {insert 3+ pokemon characters} and you have your self a list greater than Mario should have.

And I also like the idea of Pachirisu. Seems like a funnyer, faster thunder rodent with more full body thunder attacks when compared to Pika and Pichu.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
...and Gardevor is confirmed for Pokeball.

The competition is thinning out...
I hope you don't mind me asking, but where is Gardevoir deconfirmed? I just want to make sure that Gardevoir is really in a Pokeball, but that doesn't mean I have been a Gardevoir supporter. I'm just glad Gardevoir isn't taking someone elses spot...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Looks good. Pachi would be fun to play as. Rabid Electric Squirrel FTW!

Plus Pokémon is one of Nintendo's highest grossing series.. so if they want alot of representatives they can have them.
Pachi? heck no!! how about Blazakin instead, and yea Pokémon may be a high seller, but just because that's true doesn't mean it should take up half of brawl's roster with Pokemon, that would be just insane

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Thanks for the picture. They just need to confirm Mewtwo as playable and I'm good. I'm still upset about Pikachu taking Pichu's blue goggles; it just doesn't look as good. Pichu was MUCH cuter with the goggles on.

Top Bottom