• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Anime & Manga Discussion

UberMario

Smash Master
Woah, they're changing Jessie and James' outfits too? I wonder if they will be more powerful this time around then if they really had their "TR status" upgraded (as one of the translations indicates).

EDIT: The Smugleaf in the anime is a female. 0_o

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Don't like the look of Best Wishes so far.

Something looks wrong about Ash and they're even trying to change Team Rocket. Just make them stronger don't change their clothes.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455

Mkay the anime is now hopeless.

So a character that has been in the series almost as long as Ash leaves, and Jessie and James lose their white coloring.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
well im looking forward to the 5th generation anime. and i agree with a lot of people, that final sinnoh legue match was total bull****!!! they always do this, they have some nobody coming out of nowhere and beat ash. the last one was worse, who the hell said legendaries are legal, least of all capture one in the 1st place?! the writers must be getting more retarted at the end of each generation series. to be honest, i wouldnt be surprised if they did the same stupid crap at the end of this series as well...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
lolwut team rocket being advanced troops?

But they finally get some black ****ing clothes. I've been waiting for this forever. Now if they were as half as competent as they were back when the series started

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
TR got black uniforms.

Just like Butch, Cassidy, and allllllll the other Rocket lackeys.

Well that's kind of saddening. Unique like everyone else.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Okay, so I haven't seen even the previews of Ash's 'battle' with Takuto yet, but I just read the summary on Bulbapedia. Two legends coming from a completely random trainer that had barely any mention in previous episodes? Complete and utter bull****, I say. There are better ways to have Ash lose in the finals than pulling a Dues Ex Machina out of your ***, you stupid writers. /rage

Also, I'm finding it quite funny that most of you are hyped for Black and White but are panning the new anime series. IMO, I think it's refreshing that they're trying to prevent the show becoming stale and repetitive. Plus I like Ash's eyes.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Team Rocket (Jesse, James, Meowth) become part of an advanced squad? Awesome. Getting the typical black Team Rocket uniforms? Not so much.

The white uniforms were what made them unique.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Team Rocket (Jesse, James, Meowth) become part of an advanced squad? Awesome. Getting the typical black Team Rocket uniforms? Not so much.

The white uniforms were what made them unique.
I'd prefer to think that they got blackmailed into the change of dress. They'll probably spend the rest of the series moping about how boring grunt work is and taking orders from Drill Sergeant Nasty.

I ain't complaining, they don't deserve to be unique to me any more.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Team Rocket was long overdue for a costume change. It's not like we see many other Team Rocket agents regularly anyway. Poor Meowth, though; I bet he feels left out.

The preview for the last D/P episode looks kind of sad.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I wonder what kind of Pokemon TRocket will end up using. Will they still have their Seviper/Yanmega/whatever or will they release them due to mating seasons, or something like that?

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Its hilarious how the last episode(s) is some random dude going all "LOOK AT ME I GOT THE MEMBERS CARD AND HAS DARKRAI TROLOLOL" And winning. -____-

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
man the last episode of dp made me want to cry. really bittersweet.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Maaan, we all know that's how Brock's story should have ended, with him getting a woman, not a career. He already was able to get himself a career.

At least Misty's ending was relavant to her charecter, which was basically "You are leaving the show because you lack the courage to pursue the man you want bawwwwwwwww"

UberMario

Smash Master
Maaan, we all know that's how Brock's story should have ended, with him getting a woman, not a career. He already was able to get himself a career.
IIRC, part of the reason he chose to be a doctor was so he could be with Nurse Joy, though it's not like I didn't see it coming, he was the "team healer" most of the time so it makes sense.

LASHING_LEAF

Smash Journeyman
team rocket had white clothing because they were elite and the best but proved to mess up trying to get the pikachu so they allways look stupid but the team rocket origins explains how they are the best... i feel now they are either executives or went down a rank...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Don't know to post this here or in the B/W thread, but looks like Ash is getting YET ANOTHER companion (and I mean one that stays for him during the duration of his regional travels, not some guy like Tracey because orange isles don't count) that is either a gym leader or related to a gym leader.

Can't Ash pick anyone up from the street who isn't a gym leader or isn't related to one?

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
We don't even have the American names of the pokemon yet. In due time my friend, in due time.

Besides that, I'm happy we are getting new faces, sad we still have Ash and Team Rocket, but glad that SOME of the old faces have been changed.

Top Bottom