• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjabait

Smash Rookie
Can Battle hall be beaten besides via Garchomp. Everyone always suggests him, and thats cool but, is he really the only one who can do it? >.>
Tyranitar, Latias, Flygon, Latios, Starmie, Salamence, Infernape, Staraptor, Slaking, Swampert, Azelf, and Gliscor are probably your best bets for the Hall, all of which are speedy attackers who can get good coverage, while having a likely KO without set up. I should remind you that this is considering Lati@s without Soul Dew, as the item is banned.

Entei, Dragonite, Magmortar, Milotic, Alakazam, Gengar, Ambipom, Tauros, Gallade, Scizor, Machamp, Empoleon, Mismagius, Togekiss, Porygon-Z, Moltres, Zapdos, Absol, Arcanine, Dusknoir, Rhyperior, Ursaring, Heracross, Porygon2, Mamoswine, Tangrowth, Charizard, Froslass, Metagross, Bronzong, Aggron, Jolteon, Gyarados, Ninjask, Snorlax, Lucario, Medicham, Heatran, Aerodactyl, Kabutops, Mesprit, Sharpedo, Raichu, Sandslash, Primeape, Clefable, Golem, Hitmonlee, Kanghaskhan, and Sandslash are also good options, but have some things bringing them down, whether it be bad speed, defenses, shallow movepool, etc.

Yeah, uh, I did a little theorymoning with a friend on the subject. <8D

JCav

Smash Lord
ok great, im trying to get some ideas with porygon z, could i get some help on that too?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Delcatty's Normalize makes all of her moves Normal-type. So Delcatty could paralyze Swampert with Thunder Wave.

EVERY Porygon-Z must have the move Tri Attack.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
ok great, im trying to get some ideas with porygon z, could i get some help on that too?
Depends on what you want it to do. Nasty Plot Porygon-Z w/ Life Orb seems to be the best chance to do a sweep, but you could always go for Choice Scarf/Specs if you demand more firepower more quickly.

annoying1359 said:
EVERY Porygon-Z must have the move Tri Attack
This.

Although admittedly I have been toying with the idea of an Adaptability Nasty Plot LO'd Porygon-Z with Swift. That's in the region of ~100 BP with Life Orb in play...

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
For anybody that needs to evolve a Pokemon that evolves by trading:

The GTS Evolution trick allows you to evolve a Pokémon which would normally evolve only by trading. For those without access to a partner willing to trade back and forth, evolution is still possible by using the GTS.

1.Go to the GTS and offer the Pokémon you wish to evolve for something that cannot be traded, like a <level9 Abomasnow.
2.Search the GTS for any Pokémon and successfully trade for it.
3.Withdraw the Pokémon you offered originally from the GTS.
4.The game will be fooled into thinking that your Pokémon has been traded, and it will evolve as if it had been sent to somebody else's game—even though it never left your game!

Mostly quoted from www.smogon.com, which is like the Smashboards of Pokemon.

Great! Does this work in all 3 4th gen. games?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Hey, quick random question?
Is there any good tips on the master rank contest, and is there any good accessory guide, i need help to get my trainer card upgrade =/

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah , I should have done some digging before asking, sorry, I found that earlier, XD. My only problem now is that most of the good items are obtained through the massage lady or 500 berries... so I guess I'll get those gradually and do the contests later. So my second question is (and a dumb one probably) does what my pokemon look like matter for the contest, or can I throw stuff with good values of the theme everywhere? Can't realy test that at the moment, but just curious xD.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Tyranitar, Latias, Flygon, Latios, Starmie, Salamence, Infernape, Staraptor, Slaking, Swampert, Azelf, and Gliscor are probably your best bets for the Hall, all of which are speedy attackers who can get good coverage, while having a likely KO without set up. I should remind you that this is considering Lati@s without Soul Dew, as the item is banned.

Entei, Dragonite, Magmortar, Milotic, Alakazam, Gengar, Ambipom, Tauros, Gallade, Scizor, Machamp, Empoleon, Mismagius, Togekiss, Porygon-Z, Moltres, Zapdos, Absol, Arcanine, Dusknoir, Rhyperior, Ursaring, Heracross, Porygon2, Mamoswine, Tangrowth, Charizard, Froslass, Metagross, Bronzong, Aggron, Jolteon, Gyarados, Ninjask, Snorlax, Lucario, Medicham, Heatran, Aerodactyl, Kabutops, Mesprit, Sharpedo, Raichu, Sandslash, Primeape, Clefable, Golem, Hitmonlee, Kanghaskhan, and Sandslash are also good options, but have some things bringing them down, whether it be bad speed, defenses, shallow movepool, etc.

Yeah, uh, I did a little theorymoning with a friend on the subject. <8D
Really uber delayed, but I just now noticed someone answered my question without the Garchomp response, lol. I figured metagross would be on the top list, but he is really slow so I can see why none the less. Fortunatly I have Latias, Tyranitar, and soon Infernape 100 to try this, I'm determined! I was 40 battles from winning on my old Ttar and a Waterfall Flinch killed me from a Sharpedo =/...

Anyways, thanks a lot!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Two questions.

1. I've heard some people say that Flame Orb and Toxic Orb activating Guts results in the same damage output. Common sense says that's not true. Am I correct?

2. Under-speeding opposing Scizor with Scizor seems like a good thing: U-Turn switching and Superpower defense drops. Ignoring enemy Tyranitar, wouldn't it be a good idea to give Scizor 0 Speed EVs and enough IVs to outspeed 0 Speed Blissey?

supermarth64

Smash Ace
Two questions.

1. I've heard some people say that Flame Orb and Toxic Orb activating Guts results in the same damage output. Common sense says that's not true. Am I correct?

2. Under-speeding opposing Scizor with Scizor seems like a good thing: U-Turn switching and Superpower defense drops. Ignoring enemy Tyranitar, wouldn't it be a good idea to give Scizor 0 Speed EVs and enough IVs to outspeed 0 Speed Blissey?
1) They result in the same damage output because Guts ignores burn's halving of Atk.

2) Under-speeding might not always be good, as a Choice Band Scizor still manages to do
591 Atk vs 236 Def & 343 HP (120 Base Power): 215 - 254 (62.68% - 74.05%)
to a similar Choice Band Scizor. Switching into SR 3 times or some previous residual damage allows you to KO opposing Scizor if you're faster.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
1) They result in the same damage output because Guts ignores burn's halving of Atk.
When you say "ignores", do you mean that Guts and burn cancel each other out, or the Pokemon with Guts is immune to the burn's attack drop?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So Guts effectively boosts your attack twice as much with a Flame Orb than with a Toxic Orb?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
What are some of the most effective (read: not necessarily most popular) Pokemon pairings, like SkarmBliss and CeleTran?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Theoretically, Latias and Magnezone would be a greateffecient pair, their weaknesses and Neutrals being NVE or immune on the other one, and with Magnezone's Good Physical Bulk, and Latias' special bulk.

Obviously unpopular, but on paper, extremely effective. As always, Mixape ruins the fun, this time between HP Ice and Close Combat on Specially based being the lesser of the evils, and Overheat and U-Turn for Physically Based being a pain.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Ehhh...I don't know HOW effective it is (never tried it tbh), but I seem to recall reading that Choice Scizor and Choice Flygon work amazingly well together. They cover up nearly all of each other's weaknesses and allow you to abuse U-Turn like there's no tomorrow.

I've actually been meaning to try out this pair, but the current team I have with a Flygon on it can't make good use of Scizor. :\

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Why were the Q&A and GTS threads merged? This could cause more problems with some people making unnecessary threads which Zook tried hard to stop

M.K

Level 55
I'm looking for a Shiny Vulpix. Hell, it doesn't even have to be legit, but I want a Silver Ninetales REALLY bad X_X

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm looking for a Shiny Vulpix. Hell, it doesn't even have to be legit, but I want a Silver Ninetales REALLY bad X_X
I could arrange that quite easily.
Nature? Any specific egg or TM moves you want on it? Possibly an item you want it holding to help it or some other Pokemon you have?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Random question... do you guys think we'll ever get the azure flute Arceus? I mean, he is sitting there, waiting...I've been considering hacking the flute, but I don't like cheating like that, so meh. I just can't help but wonder if we're ever going to get that though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom