• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
Anyone who wants to be in the Pokemon Researcher user group, all I ask if that you make intelligent posts concerning competitive pokemon play fairly regularly. If you've been around a while and apply from that point, you'll get in.
Sweet.

Say that reminds me-how come no one has updated the Strategy Pokedex in almost 3 months? Too busy with real life stuff?

Another off-topic question:

How do you quote two people in one post?

...oops double post. sorry.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Multi means more than one. Quote means quote. Therefore, Multiquote means more than one quote.

Kantō

Smash Champion
hey guys i have an untouched girantina up for trades. im looking for a mewtwo. i also have every gen. starter so ill throw one or 2 of those in also.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Does turn count for sleep status start over if you switch a Pokemon out and then switch them back in later, or does it carry over?

Mewter

Smash Master
It does, iirc.
Like if you use rest and switch out, then you wake up two turns after you switch back in.
I think that's how it is, at least.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Sleep count only decrements when you get a "Snorlax is fast asleep" kind of message.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Well I knew that...I meant that if I, say, attack while asleep a couple times, then switch out and switch back in later, will those couple of turns be kept for their sleep status, or does it all reset?

I think what Mewter said is right, but I can't seem to recall what happened when I've done that with Rest before, and I can't use Shoddy right now to check. :(

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Ooh, I misread your question. Sorry 'bout that, I thought you meant something else.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
It's doesn't reset.

MY TURN

If one were to write up an article for the Strategy Pokedex, where would one post one's post? EDIT: For critiquing.

OH WAIT **** shouldn't I get some kind of notification when I'm accepted into a group? lol

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
Hello again everyone! Does anyone have a Manaphy to trade me which I will trade back, just so I can search the GTS? I have a Shaymin up for grabs for your trouble, as well as a Starly with the PokeRS virus. This of course would be a separate trade, so bring a spare Pokemon.

Also if you haven't heard yet, Arceus will in fact be distributed in Toy R Us locations across the US from Nov 7 - Nov 15 2009. Be sure to get yours!

Since these two are the only ones I need to complete my Pokedex, Manaphy is of top importance. Please PM me if you have one, the trade will take 3 mins tops! :]

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
ok i know this is a noob question, but i need to know, are the alternate forms of rotom useable in pokemon battle revolution?

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
....Well, at least I think they aren't usable. I know that they aren't in Wi-Fi, and I believe that includes PBR, not entirely sure.
The forms of Rotom, and Giratina's Origin forme are NOT useable in PBR.

I tried with Rotom and Giratina, and the Rotom-w I had did not have Hydro Pump in its move list, and Giratina-o did not have the Griseous Orb, therefore, it is alternate Form.

I also believe that Sky Forme Shaymin is not useable either....

It's stupid, really, at least make a downloadable update to have those forms present!! :mad:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I heard they are making a pokemon battle revolution 2 to include the new stuff as well as the HG/SS stuff

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I heard they are making a pokemon battle revolution 2 to include the new stuff as well as the HG/SS stuff
seriously?! man i hope they improve it. and they better include the minigames. it be great if they brough some back from the stadium games.

also a few questions, can rotom be traded to another platinum game while still having one of its forms? and can another rotom from diamond also change forms when traded to my friends platinum?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
seriously?! man i hope they improve it. and they better include the minigames. it be great if they brough some back from the stadium games.

also a few questions, can rotom be traded to another platinum game while still having one of its forms? and can another rotom from diamond also change forms when traded to my friends platinum?
I don't think the rotom forms can be traded...Otherwise, you'd be missing an appliance from the secret area.

...And the fact they also can't be used with wifi...

If you want multiple rotom forms in the same game, get multiple rotoms and give each a different appliance...

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I don't think the rotom forms can be traded...Otherwise, you'd be missing an appliance from the secret area.

...And the fact they also can't be used with wifi...

If you want multiple rotom forms in the same game, get multiple rotoms and give each a different appliance...
god, seriously, they are so stupid for not allowing the forms to be playable online or even traded. why bother making them in the 1st place if they can't be used against real players? anyway, thanx for the info. i hope something will come along the way.

WouW

Smash Lord
Light Ball, Thunderbolt (and 3 fillers) and depending on the moveset, Timid (for purely special) or Hasty (mixed) nature.

Moves you can use are Brick Break, Grass Knot / Hidden Power Ice, Substitute or if you feel like it, Volt Tackle.

Smogon analysis.

WouW

Smash Lord
Growth: on things that don't have Nasty Plot, Tail Glow or Calm Mind but are still useful as set-up special attackers (e.g. Shaymin-S)
Charge: What?
Kinesis: Wtf?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Where could Kinesis, Charge, and Growth be useful? I ask because I have been informed that all three are "competitive moves." I don't see with what they compete, other than quitting.
You aren't allowed to use Kinesis in competitive play.

I don't think charge would be useful because it tells the opponent what you are going to use the next turn.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Not necessarily. Iirc, it was changed with the switch to 4th Gen by also raising your SDef one stage. So...I guess it could be used on something that doesn't get Amnesia, Calm Mind, or Cosmic Power but can still tank...? That's not many things though. Just Rotom and Zapdos really, and I don't think it'd be worth it on them anyway. :\

Kinesis actually isn't illegal (last I knew at least). The move lowers your opponent's accuracy, not raises your own evasion. And yes there is quite a difference, and this difference is what makes one legal and the other not.

EDIT: As for its use in competitive battling, I guess it could be used to force switches on a Pokemon with status inducing moves, as it could cause more effective juggling. I don't know how effective it would be in the end though...

DOUBLE EDIT: Above edit is more looking at accuracy reducing moves in general, not just Kinesis (as Alakazam would have no use for it). ><

supermarth64

Smash Ace
No you can use Kinesis because it lowers the opponent's accuracy, it doesn't increase your own evasion (though idk why you would use it, as Alakazam is too frail to use it anyway).

Charge only works for the turn after you use it, so you might as well Tbolt twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom