• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No you can use Kinesis because it lowers the opponent's accuracy, it doesn't increase your own evasion (though idk why you would use it, as Alakazam is too frail to use it anyway).

Charge only works for the turn after you use it, so you might as well Tbolt twice.
Interesting, I didn't know you could use accuracy lowering moves...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Sand Attack would eventually force a switch, which is cool, since you get a free Substitute and Focus Punch.

Gliscor suffers from 4-move slot syndrome.

Sand Veil Gliscor @ Leftovers
Sand Attack
Swords Dance
Rock Polish
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Mewter

Smash Master
I can trade you grass knot TM, bry.
Don't really care for anything in particular though. Just VM me when you can trade.

tgrove69

Smash Cadet
Anyone think a good idea for a new pokemon type would be Spiritual? or Cyber?

anyone else have other ideas?

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
Does Haze remove stat changes that come from abilities?

Ex: Milotic uses Haze on a Houndoom with a Flash Fire boost. Is his Flash Fire boost negated?

@WouW: Cyber pokemon are probably based upon machines aka Metagross, Magnezone and Porygon-Z

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Okay, so I was on Pokemon Battle Revolution just now and I tried to go online with my Steel-themed pass, but one of the Pokemon had a move which was illegal. I immediately suspected my Dialga, since it had Outrage (I'd traded it back from Platinum). Are Platinum moves (and by extension, HGSS moves as well) allowed on PBR Wi-Fi?

EDIT: Never mind. My Walrein with Super Fang got let through, so there must be something else wrong.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Theorymon, not sure where to post:

Venasaur @ Salac Berry
Adamant / Overgrow
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Substitute
Power Whip
Swords Dance
Earthquake / Double-Edge

Opinions?

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
^that's pretty unique. A major surprise to those thinking "Oh. Venusaur. Sub-seed/Sp. Attacker. Go (insert Grass/Steel type here)!" Power Whip's accuracy is troubling, too.

Hmmm... Can I assume 252/252/4 spread?

if so, he'll hit 578 At and 388 Spd with a base 120 Power Whip enhanced by overgrow...
Yeeesh.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I can see it being pretty dangerous in UU, where you get decent coverage. In OU... well, Venasaur's a Grass-type Pokemon. 'Nuff said.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
HOLY CRAP DOUBLE POST

Does anyone know any common / good uses of Power or White Herb? I've seen occasional uses of White Herb Draco Meteor Latias.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
HOLY CRAP DOUBLE POST

Does anyone know any common / good uses of Power or White Herb? I've seen occasional uses of White Herb Draco Meteor Latias.
Not sure if this is relevant, but I have a Nidoqueen with Superpower who holds one... I really hate that attack drop. But at least it's not as gamebreaking as Close Combat... :ohwell:

Well anything with the Overheat-like attacks aren't really good users. You can use the items once, and that's it. That's not good enough for sweepers to do their job.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Is this a good choice for Milotic? I'm trying to find a way to deviate from its norm.

Milotic @ Flame/Toxic(Opinions on this?) Orb
Calm / Marvel Scale
252 HP / 4 Def /252 Sp. Def
Surf
Ice Beam
HP Electric / Toxic / Hypnosis
Recover

After the status, Milotic has 394 HP, 292 Def, 383 Sp. Def.
Or would the standard options be better in your opinion?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
If you're trying to deviate, it's a decent option. But competitively...
Smogon said:
A note about Flame Orb: While it may be tempting to give Milotic a Flame Orb to activate Marvel Scale, it's really not a good idea. You're not only losing Leftovers recovery, but you're sapping Milotic's HP each turn. With potential Sandstorms to worry about and switch-in damage from Spikes and Stealth Rock, Milotic will have trouble staying alive, even with Recover.

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
The White Herb is good in conjunction with Curse, Overheat, or Hammer Arm, but not so much with Draco Meteor or Leaf Storm. The reasons would be that
A) Special Sweepers with Draco Meteor (such as Latias) generally want to use them for OHKOs, so the White Herb might cause them to fall short (and is unlikely to save them from revenge kills, anyway),
B) Black Sweepers with Draco Meteor (such as Dragonite and Salamence) are usually replete with physical options that make Special Attack restoration unnecessary, and
C) most users of Leaf Storm are equipped with Power Swap to shed the drop and/or are too delicate/slow to survive a revenge kill, or, for that matter, two Ice Beams from Vaporeon (a foe against whom the White Herb might otherwise be reasonable).

Overheat, on the other hand, comes from a great offensive type that is available on many monsters fast enough to leave big holes in revenge-killers (a.k.a. "Avengers").
Hammer Arm is similar, but appears almost exclusively on fast monsters that don't get STAB with it, so it's only handy after offensive boosts.
Curse on living monsters will allow the equivalent of a single Bulk Up, which staves off revenge kills (they tend to be physical) and startle opponents, especially on Aerodactyl.

Me, I don't use the White Herb much. Mainly on Speed-boosting Physical Sweepers who suffer from an Intimidate weakness.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, in Japan Psychic pokemon are called espers...

I just found out what espers means...

E-S-P + ers...In other words users of E-S-P

That's kinda corny

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
I posted this over a month ago, but here it is again:

I'm looking to borrow an event Regigigas so I can get the Regi trio from Platinum. I'd only need to borrow it for a couple hours. In exchange I'll loan my UT lv 70 Dialga with Adamant Orb (since I only have Pearl and Platinum, it's the only Dialga I have). I can also try to get you just about anything you might need (bar unbreedables)

Thanks in advance to whoever can help me.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have a hacked event regigas...It's shiny, has full EV's and knows PURE POWER...

But it works with the event

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
They are espers in FFVI (or three on Snes) as well. I thought espers were a deity or something, I think espers in japan... Esp + er(der) >.>....

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Can Battle hall be beaten besides via Garchomp. Everyone always suggests him, and thats cool but, is he really the only one who can do it? >.>

The Star King

Smash Hero
For anybody that needs to evolve a Pokemon that evolves by trading:

The GTS Evolution trick allows you to evolve a Pokémon which would normally evolve only by trading. For those without access to a partner willing to trade back and forth, evolution is still possible by using the GTS.

1.Go to the GTS and offer the Pokémon you wish to evolve for something that cannot be traded, like a <level9 Abomasnow.
2.Search the GTS for any Pokémon and successfully trade for it.
3.Withdraw the Pokémon you offered originally from the GTS.
4.The game will be fooled into thinking that your Pokémon has been traded, and it will evolve as if it had been sent to somebody else's game—even though it never left your game!

Mostly quoted from www.smogon.com, which is like the Smashboards of Pokemon.

Kantō

Smash Champion
For anybody that needs to evolve a Pokemon that evolves by trading:

The GTS Evolution trick allows you to evolve a Pokémon which would normally evolve only by trading. For those without access to a partner willing to trade back and forth, evolution is still possible by using the GTS.

1.Go to the GTS and offer the Pokémon you wish to evolve for something that cannot be traded, like a <level9 Abomasnow.
2.Search the GTS for any Pokémon and successfully trade for it.
3.Withdraw the Pokémon you offered originally from the GTS.
4.The game will be fooled into thinking that your Pokémon has been traded, and it will evolve as if it had been sent to somebody else's game—even though it never left your game!

Mostly quoted from www.smogon.com, which is like the Smashboards of Pokemon.
cool trick, never knew that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom