• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Is there a difference between, for example, a Bug / Flying type Pokemon and a Flying / Bug type?
no.

There are no flying/ bugs.

No pokemon has flying as it's main type, with a few exceptions such as sky plate arceus...

Other than that, no
wait, so because a type is listed second it isnt considered the "main type?" ........

i dont really get that, but w/e. the listing of type order doesnt matter at all, as far as i am aware.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
no.

wait, so because a type is listed second it isnt considered the "main type?" ........

i dont really get that, but w/e. the listing of type order doesnt matter at all, as far as i am aware.
I think It's supposed to be that the first one is its primary type and second one its secondary type. Meaning the first one is the one it has a closer relation with.

For example, infernape is fire/fighting so fire is it's main type and fighting secondary.

It has no real effect or anything its just sorta there :p

-:bowser:Bowser King

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
I think It's supposed to be that the first one is its primary type and second one its secondary type. Meaning the first one is the one it has a closer relation with.

For example, infernape is fire/fighting so fire is it's main type and fighting secondary.

It has no real effect or anything its just sorta there :p

-:bowser:Bowser King
Also, some Pokemon don't obtain a secondary type until they reach a certain point in there evolution line. Some of the starters are like this, and some Pokemon like Caterpie and Surskit are like this as well. It seems to be like this with most bug type Pokemon since bugs under-go metamorphisis. =P

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I am considering trying out pokemon competitively, and I have reached a potential problem. My favorite pokemon series was G/S, but without the wifi of the DS, it seems inadvisable to me to start a game on G/S when I find it unlikely there will be people to play. Is this the current scenario? If so, would just playing D/P be advisable? In addition, if I do take that path, should I start over my current game, or continue? (or is that more of a personal decision? Please excuse my ignorance, I just found out that competitive pokemon even existed two days ago) Thank you for your time.

WouW

Smash Lord
Depends on how much rebreeding for IVs and nature is required, and/or soft-resetting for legendaries, also for IVs and nature. It would probably take several days.

If you're a perfectionist, it would take a few months.

If you have Action Replay and/or PokéSAV, it would take an hour at most.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
So is there any real reason to level to 100 if in D/P it does it for you automatically?

Also, I've looked in several guides, what does "STAB" mean?

edit: Is soft resetting saving in front of a legendary and recatching it until you get the stats and such you want?

WouW

Smash Lord
So is there any real reason to level to 100 if in D/P it does it for you automatically?
It's not completely necessary, but it may be nice to always be able to see your stats and such.

Same-Type Attack Bonus. If a move has the same type as the user, the power is increased by 1.5.

edit: Is soft resetting saving in front of a legendary and recatching it until you get the stats and such you want?
Yes.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I've been thinking about using a Technician Smeargle as a revenge killer, for the lulz.

Smeargle @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch / Bullet Punch / Aqua Jet

That's a whole 228 attack.

lol, any suggestions? (besides "don't do it")

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Actually, just so you know, it's pressing L + R + Start + Select to reset as opposed to pressing the power button on and off, but that's what you use it for

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
So I just beat the elite 4 and such, but I need the national pokedex, yet have seen only 145... the missing ones are:

Wormadam: I've spent over an hour trying to find and catch a female burmy... It's not working out too well.... I put honey on the tree outside of canclave city (route 218) but have yet to even see one. I'm running around in the grass, should I be doing something else? This says it has 15% rarity, but I've found over 100 pokemon and haven't even seen one. (as I said earlier) Also, if I slather a tree with honey once, does it stay that way?

Unknown: I haven't gone after it yet, I foresee no problems.

Riolu:
I already have the egg and am carrying it until it hatches... I foresee no problems.

Lumineon:
haven't tried to find yet. I think I need the super rod.

Dialga:
I'll get the picture after the other 4.

If any of you know of a battle I can go to to just see them, I don't exactly need any of these.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Also: egg hatching just happens after so many steps, right?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I just beat the elite 4 and such, but I need the national pokedex, yet have seen only 145... the missing ones are:

Wormadam: I've spent over an hour trying to find and catch a female burmy... It's not working out too well.... I put honey on the tree outside of canclave city (route 218) but have yet to even see one. I'm running around in the grass, should I be doing something else? This says it has 15% rarity, but I've found over 100 pokemon and haven't even seen one. (as I said earlier) Also, if I slather a tree with honey once, does it stay that way?

Unknown: I haven't gone after it yet, I foresee no problems.

Riolu:
I already have the egg and am carrying it until it hatches... I foresee no problems.

Lumineon:

Dialga:
I'll get the picture after the other 4.

If any of you know of a battle I can go to to just see them, I don't exactly need any of these.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Also: egg hatching just happens after so many steps, right?
THere are no burmy's in grass...

JUst keep putting honey on as many trees and you eventually will find one, they aren't that rare.

Unknown's of course are in the ruins in the town with the day care.

I have no idea how you have not seen a Lumineon...there are trainers that have them...

Edit: YOu can't get the super rod until you get the national pokedex

Wave⁂

Smash Legend

Lumineon:
Wormadam is a trainer's Pokemon. Not sure where, I'll edit this post.

Lumineon is a trainer's Pokemon, in the ocean leading to the Elite 4 place.

EDIT: You playing Diamond?

Lumineon is on Route 223.

Wormadam 214.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Wormadam 214.
SOunds like he's playig pearl, since he has Palkia but no DIalga

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord

Wormadam 214.
Thanks for help all,

Edit: All done, thanks again.

I am playing pearl.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It says _____________
and when he catches it, it looks like a fuzzy pictiure but it doesn't go to his party or the pc.

Edit: Wait its in his party but he can't touch it. And it won't let him withdrawl a 6th pokemon =O.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just recently got Pokemon Platinum and traded some pokemon for an Abra. It evolved into a Kadabra and now it won't obey me in battle. I made it learn Flash right after it evolved. How do I make it learn to obey?

THE same way you do in every pokemon game...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
It's possible he's one of THOSE people who's never played a Pokemon game before...

REL, you have to either get more badges or lower Kadabra's level.

Pick one.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
A few breeding questions:

Can I breed two of the same pokemon?

Can I breed two non gender pokemon? (ie: staru)

Is there any advantage to evolving or leveling a pokemon to have it breed? (excluding to get tms)

With nongender pokemon, do they just take the place of whatever gender the opposite pokemon isn't?

What determines how long it is before You get an egg when you leave pokemon to breed? (actual time, steps, etc. ... also, how long?)

WouW

Smash Lord
A few breeding questions:

Can I breed two of the same pokemon?
Duh.

Can I breed two non gender pokemon? (ie: staru)
You can only breed one with a Ditto.

Is there any advantage to evolving or leveling a pokemon to have it breed? (excluding to get tms)
To pass over moves, yes.

With nongender pokemon, do they just take the place of whatever gender the opposite pokemon isn't?
See above. Also see a breeding guide to learn about egg groups, which would make such a case impossible.

What determines how long it is before You get an egg when you leave pokemon to breed? (actual time, steps, etc. ... also, how long?)
Every 256 steps there's a chance the pokés will have an egg.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Does anyone have a Mudkip, or less preferably a Torchic (preferably a level 5 and under) that they would like to trade for a level 1 Treecko?

I never knew I could use preferably so many times in one post :laugh:.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
i can trade mudkips to ya no probelm, dont have a torchicc but i could send a blaziken as well if you want, dont need anything in return for em, i have plenty.

just contact me on aim whenever you want to do it, thats how i work

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"The Official Pokemon Full Pokedex Guide" (D/P) lied. It put Staru and Starmie in water group 3. Weird. Thanks for all of your responses though, they've helped a lot.
All non-gender pokemon ARE in other groups, staryu IS in Water 3 but can't breed with anyone except Ditto because it doesn't have a gender

Wrath`

Smash Master
Isn;t roost suposed to ground your flying types and make them suseptible to ground moves? If it does, shoddy glitched and I lost due to it.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Isn;t roost suposed to ground your flying types and make them suseptible to ground moves? If it does, shoddy glitched and I lost due to it.
Yes, but I believe it lasts only for the turn you use it in.

If you're faster than the attacking Poke, you'll heal the damage, but you lose the flying type. If you use it after the attack, the same thing happens, but you regain the flying-type on with your next turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom