• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I have just bred a Togetic with a Nasty Plot Honchkrow, and ended up with a careful female Togepi.

Is there anyway I could get a modest male one easier, or will I have to keep breeding them until I get the one I want?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
If the female or ditto is holding an Everstone, the chances of the female's or ditto's nature being passed down is increased 50%. For example, if you have a female Togekiss or Ditto with a Modest nature hold an Everstone while breeding, there's a 50% increased chance that the offspring will have a Modest nature. That's how you can increase the chance of passing the nature.

Although there's no way to alter the gender of the offspring, Togepi's gender ratio is 1 ♀ : 7 ♂ anyway, so...

Blackroserade66

Smash Cadet
What is the best place to EV train Spec. DEF, hmm? It's the last one I need, but I would also like to know the rest of the hotspots just in case there are better ones than the ones I have:

Speed: Surf in Mt. Coronent for Zubats/Golbat
Attack: Super Rod @ Lake Verity for Seaking/Gyrados
Defence: Iron Island for Graveler/Onix
Spec. Atk: Surf Lake Verity for Psyduck/Golduck
Spec. Def: No ****ing idea T.T

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I like my EVs in increments of 1. Easier to keep track of them.

HP: Route 205 (Bidoof and Shellos; 1 HP EV each)
Attack: Route 207 (Machop; 1 atk EV each)
Defense: Oreburgh Gate (Geodude; 1 defense EV each)
Sp. atk: Old Chateau (Gastly; 1 sp. atk EV each)
Sp. def: Surfing in most areas (Tentacool; 1 sp. def EV each)
Speed: Ravaged Path (Zubat; 1 speed EV each)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What is the best place to EV train Spec. DEF, hmm? It's the last one I need, but I would also like to know the rest of the hotspots just in case there are better ones than the ones I have:

Speed: Surf in Mt. Coronent for Zubats/Golbat
Attack: Super Rod @ Lake Verity for Seaking/Gyrados
Defence: Iron Island for Graveler/Onix
Spec. Atk: Surf Lake Verity for Psyduck/Golduck
Spec. Def: No ****ing idea T.T
For special defense, the lake next to the town that has the steel gym in it is filled with tentacools and tentacruels. they give out special defense and you wil almost alway run into one of hem

FOr special attack, resort area's little lake thing while surfing will almost ALWAYS have only Golducks...with only the rare occasional psyduck. It's probably better

I always go to victory road for defense training, since you can also run into steelix's and rhyhorns which also give defense.

Edit: FOr HP, I surf in that route that's all water next to the place where you can find the swarm of corsola...The spheals or whatever the evolution is caled give out 2 HP EV's and have a good chance of running into

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
For special defense, the lake next to the town that has the steel gym in it is filled with tentacools and tentacruels. they give out special defense and you wil almost alway run into one of hem

FOr special attack, resort area's little lake thing while surfing will almost ALWAYS have only Golducks...with only the rare occasional psyduck. It's probably better

I always go to victory road for defense training, since you can also run into steelix's and rhyhorns which also give defense.

Edit: FOr HP, I surf in that route that's all water next to the place where you can find the swarm of corsola...The spheals or whatever the evolution is caled give out 2 HP EV's and have a good chance of running into
HP: Wild Spheal is Pearl exclusive.

Defense:
Victory road: Graveler (not Rhyhorn; It's found on Route 214 in Pt, Route 227, Stark Mountain only) + Onix + Steelix's encounter rates = 40% at best.
Oreburgh Gate: Geodude's encounter rate = 60%(Pt)/80%(D/P)
Obviously, Oreburgh gate is the more practical choice timewise.

Sp. atk: Which is easier to KO/not get KOed by? lv. 35-55 Golduck or lv. 12-16 Gastly? Your preference.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
HP: Wild Spheal is Pearl exclusive.

Defense:
Victory road: Graveler (not Rhyhorn; It's found on Route 214 in Pt, Route 227, Stark Mountain only) + Onix + Steelix's encounter rates = 40% at best.
Oreburgh Gate: Geodude's encounter rate = 60%(Pt)/80%(D/P)
Obviously, Oreburgh gate is the more practical choice timewise.

Sp. atk: Which is easier to KO/not get KOed by? lv. 35-55 Golduck or lv. 12-16 Gastly? Your preference.
Are you playing Diamond?

...Oh, I was talking about Platinum...

The only other enemies in victory road in platinum are Rhyhorn and Golbat, and they are rare. If they are only a 60% chance, something is wrong with my game.

Onix, Steelix, Rhyhorn, and Graveler are pretty common as much as I found....There ARE Rhyhorn's in Platinum victory road.

Also, Golducks give out 2 EV's each...with the rest of my pokemon level 100, killing off 35-55 Golducks is faster than slowly getting 1 EV from low level ghastlies...

Spheals evolution, whatever it is called, IS in Platinum and gives out 2 HP EV's each

Blackroserade66

Smash Cadet
Well I am playing Pearl, and have been ever since I got it on Christmas '07. I would buy Platinum, but I am currently poor T.T (Plus I have 670 hours on Pearl and don't wanna start over, even if I would keep the old file on Pearl)

Anyway, I actually do have another question that is relevant. How do I keep track of when my EV training is done, hmm? I know how to transfer Pokerus and I have each Power item, but I do not know how to keep track of my EV training, and I do not know when I am done, or when I should start. Can someone help meh please?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
You're supposed to keep track of what EVs you gain yourself, using pencil/paper, the counter app, etc. You can know when you have all 510 by getting the effort ribbon from the lady in the Sunyshore Market.

Need any other details?

drcossack

Smash Ace
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/

Easiest way (other than cheating with the Action Replay, which you may or may not be opposed to) is to feed Vitamins until you have 100 EV's in the stat (10 Vitamins), then use that link to kill things to go to 252. Count as you go, and if you have the Pokerus and/or Macho Brace, double/quadruple the amount you'd normally gain (1 becomes +2 or +4, 2 is +4 or +8, 3 is +6 or +12)

Blackroserade66

Smash Cadet
Apoligies for so many questions, but I will get the hang of it, hopefully. So if I kill something that gives me +1, then if I have Pokerus and the Power item, it will go from 1 to 5, then to 10. So then I would add 10 to the counter App. until I reach 252, hmm?

Blackroserade66

Smash Cadet
All right then. Oh, and one last thing. (You wants to shoot me, don't you T.T) Is there a way to find out the ratio of what chances you will get for a certain ability, gender, or nature of a pokemon, hmm? I just bred 5 Mild evees in a row. If there is a place to find this, would you mind posting a linky?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Are you joking? I LIVE FOR THIS!!!

Anyway, the gender, nature, and ability of a Pokemon are completely random and can't be determined. However, in breeding, you can alter the nature and just the nature
(IVs too, but that's a story for another day)
of a Pokemon. Just have the mother/Ditto with the desired nature hold an Everstone. Now the offspring has a 50% increased chance of inheriting the mother's/Ditto's nature. Also, forgot to add that you can alter the nature of a Pokemon you encounter in the wild by having a Pokemon with synchronize first in the party. Wild Pokemon will then have a 50% increased chance of having the same nature as the Pokemon with synchronize. Cute Charm works in the same way except that it is a 66.6% chance that a Pokemon with the opposite gender will be encountered.

Also, not sure if you want this, but here's a list of Pokemon and their gender ratios: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gender_ratio

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
What is a good way to use a Drapion? Or should I not bother with one.
Well...one is as a toxi-shuffler, thanks to his decently high defense (110 base) and access to the likes of toxic spikes and whirlwind. The other he works well at is as a swords dancer. He's got a decently high attack (90 base) and speed (95 base), and has access to swords dance, night slash, and cross poison, and carries the ability sniper. Mix all that together and you get a somewhat bulky, crit hax abusing, powerhouse. Just a couple of options for ya. :p

Although, I do advise to run something like a Jask lead if you decide to run with the sweeper set. Extra speed and the chance of a BP'd swords dance can really only help your chances of sweeping, after all, and he'll at least need the extra speed boosts to run well in OU.

<3 Drapion

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I've been gone forever, because my DS was stolen, But I am trying toget back into the scene. Last I was here Garchomp was in OU lol. To make it simple,It has been well over a year.

Are certain movesets banned in some play?
If I were to run an Uber moveset with Kingdra, Ludicolo, Scizor, etc., in OU play (UU for Ludicolo), would that be considered as unfair?

Oh and I'm trying to make a good raindance team. So far I only have Ludicolo, Kingdra and Toxicroak, but I'm willing to change any of them. I had someone for support, but I forgot. Oh, Bronzong. I'm trying to avoid common weaknesses, so I have these weird typed pokes in my team. Any suggestions?

M.K

Level 55
Oh and I'm trying to make a good raindance team. So far I only have Ludicolo, Kingdra and Toxicroak, but I'm willing to change any of them. I had someone for support, but I forgot. Oh, Bronzong. I'm trying to avoid common weaknesses, so I have these weird typed pokes in my team. Any suggestions?
You could use a Lanturn with Thunder and Surf for the Rain Dance Boost....It has very respectable HP.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Modest // Volt Absorb (Lets you switch in on Electric attacks)
252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed/6 HP
-Thunder
-Surf
-Confuse Ray/Toxic/Thunder Wave
-Ice Beam/Hidden Power Grass

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
If pokemon A and Pokemon both use taunt the first round, and pokemon A is faster and uses it first; what happens with pokemon B's attack? Does it do nothing, is is another random attack selected?

Also, I've been considering using Azelf as a plot sweeper, but am having trouble figuring out when it can afford to get off a nasty plot with its low defenses... Any suggestions? (Don't do it is a viable option, if you don't see any other way.)

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
If I trade a Tyranitar from Leaf Green to Pearl will I be able to use the remember an old move person to give it the moves it learned in Pearl (i.e Stone Edge), or will I only be able to give it it's generation 3 moves?

SpelignFial

Smash Apprentice
Where spelling doesn't count for anything.
If pokemon A and Pokemon both use taunt the first round, and pokemon A is faster and uses it first; what happens with pokemon B's attack? Does it do nothing, is is another random attack selected?

Also, I've been considering using Azelf as a plot sweeper, but am having trouble figuring out when it can afford to get off a nasty plot with its low defenses... Any suggestions? (Don't do it is a viable option, if you don't see any other way.)
if that taunt thing happens the second poke just doesn't get to make a move

for the Azelf, Azelf is fast so u might be able to get a substitute up and then plot if that is where ur having trouble u caould always scarf it though and kill like that.

WouW

Smash Lord
Force switches. Watch out as it's likely something like Weavile comes in to outspeed and KO you.

If I trade a Tyranitar from Leaf Green to Pearl will I be able to use the remember an old move person to give it the moves it learned in Pearl (i.e Stone Edge), or will I only be able to give it it's generation 3 moves?
Yes, he'll be able to learn 4th gen moves, unless they're egg moves.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Is there any way for me to get leftovers than putting honey on trees and hopeing for a munchlax?

I miss the G/S days where you just walk up to a trash can...

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Are certain movesets banned in some play?
If I were to run an Uber moveset with Kingdra, Ludicolo, Scizor, etc., in OU play (UU for Ludicolo), would that be considered as unfair?
The only movesets banned are those containing Evasion raising moves (double team) and OHKO moves (Sheer cold).

Besides, those uber movesets were tailor made for the weather cluster**** and sp. atk fest that is uber play (correct me if I'm wrong about that) and may not work as well in other tiers of play.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
You could use a Lanturn with Thunder and Surf for the Rain Dance Boost....It has very respectable HP.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Modest // Volt Absorb (Lets you switch in on Electric attacks)
252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed/6 HP
-Thunder
-Surf
-Confuse Ray/Toxic/Thunder Wave
-Ice Beam/Hidden Power Grass
I had Lanturn in mind for one of my pokes, but I don't really have anything that I can switch into an EQ besides Bronzong. I also don't have a decent lead. I wanted a full UU team, but I also really want Kingdra. Maybe replace kingdra with Gorebyss?

Ack. Maybe I should ask for help building a team elsewhere.

Edit: just realized that I have bronzong and that's pretty much a must have. Gyra seems like a good idea too. easy volt absorbs for lanturn.
I miss the G/S days where you just walk up to a trash can...
Lol. Get HeartGold or SoulSilver and hope for the best haha.

Edit: Ya, most sets are specifically for the weather/sp. atk portion of Uber. So, I can use stallrein in UU? I'm pretty sure that's unfair lol.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You'd need Snover to give your permanent hail, but it's UU Hail stall doable.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
So... here be me problem. I have no good pokemon, therefore I suck in the battle tower. I have no ev trainers. I have no good items for battle. What is the fastest order to get all three?

Also, can things like hypnosis, thunderwave, or toxic be used after a taunt?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Get the items first. Even the wimpiest of Pokemon should be able to accumulate at least 32 BP eventually (enough for 2 power items). Then start EV training. Then, PWN the battle tower and claim your TMs and items. IMO, anyway. Your results may vary.

Only attacking moves can be used after taunt. Status moves like Hypnosis, T-Wave, and Toxic, cannot be used.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Is there a good hold item for Jolteon that's not Leftovers?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
My Jolteon:

Jolteon @ ?
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 6 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe/ -Atk)
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power [Ice]
Substitute
Baton Pass

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Is there a good hold item for Jolteon that's not Leftovers?
I'm not seeing many other viable options other than Leftovers. Everything else seems more like a hindrance since Jolteon only has 1 weakness and can set up Substitute really quick. Then again, I know nothing of serious competitive battling, so I may be wrong.

How do you determine what you get for Hidden Power, hmm? Is there a trick to it, or do you have to be lucky?
Hidden Power's type and Power is determined from a Pokemon's IVs.
I don't think there is a trick to obtaining hidden Powers (other than extremely careful IV breeding), so I'm guessing that you'll have to be lucky.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
You'd need Snover to give your permanent hail, but it's UU Hail stall doable.
So... if I have snover, since Abomasnow is BL, then I can run a stallrein in UU?
My Jolteon:

Jolteon @ ?
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power [Ice]
Substitute
Baton Pass
Maybe petaya berry or salac berry?
you called sub until one of them activates and go for a sweep unti you are fully countered then pass one?
Idk. I'm still in last years metagame. My ideas are pretty stale.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So... here be me problem. I have no good pokemon, therefore I suck in the battle tower. I have no ev trainers. I have no good items for battle. What is the fastest order to get all three?

Also, can things like hypnosis, thunderwave, or toxic be used after a taunt?
WIth my garchomp, empoleon, and Tyranitar, I can sweep battle tower....

What pokemon are you trying to use?

drcossack

Smash Ace
My Jolteon:

Jolteon @ ?
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power [Ice]
Substitute
Baton Pass
I run Shadow Ball over Sub, but you can go with Sub if you want. Give it Choice Specs - your Jolteon's got 394 Speed and it's a glass cannon. As a result, it doesn't need to be Bulky.

Choice Scarf can be used on Jolteon too - I'd recommend that for WiFi since Garchomp's not banned, and ScarfChomp will kill you with EQ.

If you go with Scarf or Specs, definitely replace Sub w/Shadow Ball.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Will having 4 pokemon with choice items be bad for a team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom