• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Will having 4 pokemon with choice items be bad for a team?
Not necessarily, but it depends on player skill.

In my Ubers team, I run ScarfKyogre, ScarfChomp, and ScarfPalkia. I do fairly well with it.

For my OU teams, it depends. My team in the crew tourney has ScarfGengar, ScarfChomp, CB Weavile, SpecsMence, and CB T-Tar.

Other OU teams I've used have had anywhere from 1-3 Choice Items.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Not necessarily, but it depends on player skill.

In my Ubers team, I run ScarfKyogre, ScarfChomp, and ScarfPalkia. I do fairly well with it.

For my OU teams, it depends. My team in the crew tourney has ScarfGengar, ScarfChomp, CB Weavile, SpecsMence, and CB T-Tar.

Other OU teams I've used have had anywhere from 1-3 Choice Items.
just wondering...
How do you win?
wouldn't an early SR kill your team since you'll be doing alot of switching? seems like you would take alot of residual damage.
maybe I just suck.

drcossack

Smash Ace
just wondering...
How do you win?
wouldn't an early SR kill your team sense you'll be doing alot of switching? seems like you would take alot of residual damage.
maybe I just suck.
Nah, not really. It's a little rough on Weavile & Mence since they take 25%. Everything else can take multiple SR's. In general though, once SR enters play, I try to minimize switching as much as possible and focus on revenge killing. Out of all the teams I've made, that was my first team in Gen 4, and I'm most comfortable with that one.

Type weaknesses don't bother me either. Suicune's Electric weakness? Bring in Chomp (I generally don't worry about Grass outside of the occasional Shaymin Land Forme, but one Calm Mind allows Suicune to survive Seed Flare.) Ice & Dragon? Suicune comes in. Fighting? Gengar. Psychic? Rare or not, Weavile comes in to kill it.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Nah, not really. It's a little rough on Weavile & Mence since they take 25%. Everything else can take multiple SR's. In general though, once SR enters play, I try to minimize switching as much as possible and focus on revenge killing. Out of all the teams I've made, that was my first team in Gen 4, and I'm most comfortable with that one.

Type weaknesses don't bother me either. Suicune's Electric weakness? Bring in Chomp (I generally don't worry about Grass outside of the occasional Shaymin Land Forme, but one Calm Mind allows Suicune to survive Seed Flare.) Ice & Dragon? Suicune comes in. Fighting? Gengar. Psychic? Rare or not, Weavile comes in to kill it.
I was wondering what your 6th poke was. What happens if you have to... wait you can use scarfchomp? I thought he was Uber lol.
anyway. What happens If you run across a Hail team or sandstorm team; the latter being pretty popular? That's a ridiculous amount of residual damage for half your team. I think I should just see it in action.

drcossack

Smash Ace
I was wondering what your 6th poke was. What happens if you have to... wait you can use scarfchomp? I thought he was Uber lol.
anyway. What happens If you run across a Hail team or sandstorm team; the latter being pretty popular? That's a ridiculous amount of residual damage for half your team. I think I should just see it in action.
drcossack on Shoddy's smogon server. I don't get to use that team often - I'll use it on occasion in Ubers, but I've been using it a lot on Suspect since Chomp is being tested again.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
drcossack on Shoddy's smogon server. I don't get to use that team often - I'll use it on occasion in Ubers, but I've been using it a lot on Suspect since Chomp is being tested again.
It would be nice If Chomp came back.
It would de-centralize the game so much. Wouldn't be all about Scizor, Heatran, and Rotom-H, Since Chomp can take out all of them handily. That would also give rise to more Mamoswine/Weavile choices for teams. I think the re-addition of Chomp would just add more depth in-general.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would like definetly like OU Garchomp on my sandstorm team...

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
What HM's do you need to get to and through the secret part of Victory Road, the foggy part where you do double battles with that girl?

It's just that I need leftovers for my Togekiss, and that's the only place that I know of that has them.

And I so didn't nearly write Victory Toad.....

drcossack

Smash Ace
It would be nice If Chomp came back.
It would de-centralize the game so much. Wouldn't be all about Scizor, Heatran, and Rotom-H, Since Chomp can take out all of them handily. That would also give rise to more Mamoswine/Weavile choices for teams. I think the re-addition of Chomp would just add more depth in-general.
Ehh. It'll be a repeat of the pre-Chomp ban metagame - everyone will have it, teams will have something to kill Chomp, and if that fails, they'll have a backup Chomp killer. Though, given the fact that most Chomps are running Scarf these days, I can kinda see it coming back, since Ice Shard kills it.

What HM's do you need to get to and through the secret part of Victory Road, the foggy part where you do double battles with that girl?

It's just that I need leftovers for my Togekiss, and that's the only place that I know of that has them.

And I so didn't nearly write Victory Toad.....
Surf, Defog, and maybe Rock Climb.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
WIth my garchomp, empoleon, and Tyranitar, I can sweep battle tower....

What pokemon are you trying to use?
Well untill I get some EV trainers and train up pokemon I actually intend to use competitively, I am using some pokemon from my elite 4 days:

Torterra@big root
-cut
-Giga drain
-leaf storm
-EQ

skaraptor@fist plate
-close combat
-fly
-aereal ace
-take down

Rapidash@ shell bell
-ember
-fire blast
-stomp
-tail whip

I just got leftovers and will be putting it on one of them...

I actually just went through there to get mine less than 10 mins ago.... All you need to get it is surf. (and rock climb to get to the room) You need strength if you haven't gone through with the girl before. You may want defog, but it isn't needed. And be sure to have some repels, there are lots of wild encounters to tick you off. The trainers aren't bad, have a few 50+ and you'll blow through them. Good luck.

Blackroserade66

Smash Cadet
What is a good moveset for Scizor, hm? Here's what I have so far:

Quick Attack ( I thought it could learn Bullet Punch, but I can't find it in mah book.)
Metal Claw (To raise attack and helps with technician)
Empty
Empty

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
It can learn Bullet Punch... Just only in Platinum.
It's hard to find sets to copy and paste come up with good movesets for D/P Scizor but thank goodness Serebii never updates its PoTW regularly here's some sets I found:
Baton Passing set:
Scizor @ Leftovers
Impish (+ Def - atk)
Swarm
252 HP/144 Speed/114 Def
~ Swords Dance / Agility / Iron Defense
~ Baton Pass
~ Roost / Substitute
~ X-Scissor / Iron Head

Choice Band:
Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant (+ atk - sp. atk)
Technician
252 atk/252 speed/46 HP
~ X-Scissor / U-Turn
~ Pursuit
~ Iron Head / Brick Break / Quick Attack
~ Iron Head / Brick Break / Quick Attack

Swords Dance:
Scizor @ Life Orb
Technician
252 atk/252 HP/6 Def
~ Swords Dance
~ Quick Attack
~ Iron Head / X-Scissor / Brick Break / Roost
~ Iron Head / X-Scissor / Brick Break / Roost

Otherwise, the set that's dominating the Pt metagme (from what I've heard) is:
Scizor @ Life Orb
Technician
252 atk/224 speed/34 HP
~ Swords Dance
~ Bullet Punch
~ Brick Break / Superpower
~ X-Scissor / Roost / Quick Attack

Yeah, I don't know -_-... Ask one of those fancy guys with the pale green usernames for a better answer.

WouW

Smash Lord
One of those fancy guys with the pale green usernames will give a simple answer:

Go get Platinum if you want a good Scizor. If Scizor doesn't have Bullet Punch it sucks at sweeping, and it's a mediocre Baton Passer otherwise.

Also, jpp8, I hear a lot that CB Scizor > SD Scizor. I don't use Scizor anyway, so I can't really tell, but the Pt. Metagame dominator would be

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant/Technician
248HP/252Atk/8Spe
U-Turn/X-Scissor
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Pursuit

I don't see a lot of action of it beside one Bullet Punch before being blasted to hell.

Blackroserade66

Smash Cadet
I have a real life friend that has Platinum, hmm. I can just breed mah own Scyther, give it the Coat, trade it to him, have him teach it Bullet Punch, then have him gimme it back, hm.

Also, how do I get/use Pokesav?

drcossack

Smash Ace
I have a real life friend that has Platinum, hmm. I can just breed mah own Scyther, give it the Coat, trade it to him, have him teach it Bullet Punch, then have him gimme it back, hm.

Also, how do I get/use Pokesav?
You can get it here: Pokesav

As for using it: It works similarly to Shoddy (if you've downloaded that), but there are several differences. First, you need an Action Replay for the DS (which you can get at Best Buy/Gamestop/Sears/online/whatever store that sells video games), as anything you make with it can be converted into an AR code.

Here's an AR code that wasn't created by Pokesav, but it should give you a general idea of what you're going to be working with:

120f05be 00000000
c0000000 00000009
020f05c0 00000000
dc000000 00000004
d2000000 00000000

That code allows you to use banned Pokemon like Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina in the Battle Frontier.

Anyway, Pokesav allows you to create any Pokemon you want. You can edit ability*, ball it was caught in, IV's, EV's, how you met it, moveset, current level/level you met it at, trainer ID, stats (you can go with the Pokemon's natural stats or you can give them 999 in everything, should you choose to.) Once you're done, and the team you want is saved, there's an Export ARDS Code button in the main menu. Select that, go to "Party Pokemon", and check the boxes based on how many Pokemon you want to create (anywhere from 1-6.)

In addition to that, you can give yourself Pokerus (just check Infected when making a Pokemon) and 995 of all items (Regular, Medicine, Pokeballs, Berries, TM's/HM's, Battle Items [the stat boosters like X Defend])

*That's one of the more popular functions of it. If you ever play competitively on DS WiFi, don't be surprised if you see Spiritombs that are hard to kill - they're Pokesav hacked 'Tombs that, because of immunity to everything as a result of being Ghost/Dark, have been given Shedinja's WonderGuard ability. That can, however, be avoided if you have WiFi on a Wii: in Pokemon Battle Revolution, illegal pokemon like that are turned into bad eggs and can't be used.

Blackroserade66

Smash Cadet
Thank you, hmm. I knew somewhat of its workings and what it did, but I did not know how or where to get it. Thanks again.

I have shoddy, and have downloaded it, but I cannot seem to download this one.
I get to where it says "Save/Open this file", and when I try to open it, a stupid advertisement for "WinZip" comes up. Is this required to use Pokesav, hmm?

Blackroserade66

Smash Cadet
You don't. On D/P, the only way to face people online is the Battle Tower, I believe, hmm.

Not sure about Plat. though.

[EDIT] My bad T.T Thought you were talking about in-game, hmm.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I have shoddy, and have downloaded it, but I cannot seem to download this one.
I get to where it says "Save/Open this file", and when I try to open it, a stupid advertisement for "WinZip" comes up. Is this required to use Pokesav, hmm?
Do you have a program on your computer that can extract from .ZIP/.RAR files? If not, then you'll need to download a program such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract from the file.
Where do I ask for battles on the DS? I don't have shoddy.:(
There is no formal way to ask for battles on this forum other than PMs or VMs. Other, more Pokemon oriented forums may have sub-forums dedicated to just asking for battles.

Also, there's no excuse not to have shoddy if you want to battle with it.

EDIT: Don't make it. It would be DEAD!!!!!!
EDIT 2: Too late. >_>

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
WinZIP is not free as far as I know. WinRAR is a "trial" full version that "expires" after 40 days if you don't get a license for it, but it still works perfectly fine except for the "please purchase license" message that pops up every time it's used, but all that does is be a minor nuisance. Then again, I'm using an earlier version of WinRAR, but it should still apply to newer versions.

Blackroserade66

Smash Cadet
So it would be possible then to get the trial WinRAR, download Pokesav, then the WinRAR would expire and I would still have the Pokesav program, hmm?

If so, would you mind showing me where I can sign up for WinRAR, if it is not too much trouble?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
So it would be possible then to get the trial WinRAR, download Pokesav, then the WinRAR would expire and I would still have the Pokesav program, hmm?

If so, would you mind showing me where I can sign up for WinRAR, if it is not too much trouble?
Actually, that's not the way .ZIPs and .RARs work exactly, but you'll still have Pokesav regardless.

I'm not sure if I can link to it, but Google always has the answer.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Would anyone happen to have some good Adamant Shroomishes with good IVs? I have some really good Scythers and other stuff. :x

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
COuld a stallbreaker Gliscor work with Bright Powder instead of Leftovers, since it has sandveil and might be even more irritating having a 30% chance of missing it?

It HAS roost so if it wanted to heal bad, it could just use that...

Hero.

Smash Cadet
I just got the new pokemon game and I dont like the starters. Would anyone be willing to give me a newly hatched Eevee? I'll trade my starter for it. Preferably male. Nicknamed ''Neptune'' FC: 1462 3454 7822

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Wasn't sure where to post this... new thread? team subforum? il just do it here

official nintendo tourney is in a couple days at my location

if u dunno the rules...
* 4 v 4 Double Battle (You are allowed to enter the event with 6 Pokemon that you must specify to Nintendo ahead of time and switch between battles)
* Level 50 or Lower (No level matching)
* Item Clause
* Species Clause
* All items allowed including Berries 1-61, except Soul Dew is banned
* The following Pokemon are banned: Mewtwo, Deoxys, Mew, Rotom, Tyranitar, Dialga, Lugia, Palkia, Ho-Oh, Giratina, Celebi, Phione, Kyogre, Manaphy, Groudon, Darkrai, Rayquaza, Shaymin, Jirachi
* If someone ends the match by using a move that kills both Pokemon, the one that used the attack looses, like Explosion, Destiny Bond, etc.

Your allowed to bring 6 pokemon with you (you have to write em down on a sheet before hand). each battle uses only 4, but u have 6 and choose 4 before each match. you also have 6 items to bring which u can arrange between the 6 pokemon between each match.

I have 4 of my pokemon so far that work together well.
I need help thinking of 2 more pokemon to bring.

I will likely use the 4 I have most of the time, but would like 2 awesome pokemon that would like work better incase i need em.

i currently have...

Clefable @ BrightPowder
Magic Guard
Bold - 252 HP, 252 SDef, 4 Def
Follow Me
Cosmic Power
Minimize
Moonlight

Honchkrow @ Leftovers
Insomnia
Careful - 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SDef
Perish Song
Protect
Mean Look
Sucker Punch

Ambipom @ Life Orb
Technician
Jolly - 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Fake Out
Last Resort

Latias @ Lum Berry
Levitate
Timid - 252 HP, 252 SDef, 4 HP
Recover
Psych Up
Dragon Pulse
Sucker Punch

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
What do you do about Steel types? Clefable is moot, Perish Trapping is meh, resists Sucker Punch, Fake Out, Last Resort (although really strong and STAB), and Dragon Pulse.

c3gill

Smash Ace
with no sleep clause..... togekiss or clefable follow me, with a sporing breloom. while I hate the idea of this, you could easily **** faces with that. I think I already suggested this to someone, but I am standing behind it.

drcossack

Smash Ace
with no sleep clause..... togekiss or clefable follow me, with a sporing breloom. while I hate the idea of this, you could easily **** faces with that. I think I already suggested this to someone, but I am standing behind it.
Yeah, when I was trying to decide on a team for it. Unfortunately, I can't go, but there's always next year.

Anyway, since it's Doubles, go with a Sash'd Dark Void Smeargle. Darkrai may be banned, but Void is not. It affects both of your opponent's Pokemon.

Move Restrictions:

Pokémon may only use moves (including those learned in an earlier video game) which have been learned through one of the following methods:

* By leveling up
* By TM or HM
* As an Egg move, through breeding
* From a Move Tutor
* Already learned by a Pokémon, which was received at an official Pokémon event or promotion
* Already learned by a Pokémon, which was received from another Pokémon game (such as the Pikachu that knows Surf, from Pokémon Battle Revolution)
* By Smeargle’s “Sketch” move (limited to the above moves learned by Pokémon between 001 and 492)

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Question

My question is:

What moveset would be most appropriate in a real-life setting?
The answer I guess would have to be in two halves:
1. What profession would the pokemon be? (Chansey - Nursing / Dugtrio - Mining)
2. What moves would be most helpful in that scenario?
3. And why those moves?

I guess alot of water pokemon be firefighters... but I'm sure they're are more imaginative ones than that...

Edit: Screw the moveset....

Answer: All Blastoises should be used as night club bouncers..

WouW

Smash Lord
My question is:

What moveset would be most appropriate in a real-life setting?
The answer I guess would have to be in two halves:
1. What profession would the pokemon be? (Chansey - Nursing / Dugtrio - Mining)
2. What moves would be most helpful in that scenario?
3. And why those moves?

I guess alot of water pokemon be firefighters... but I'm sure they're are more imaginative ones than that...

Edit: Screw the moveset....

Answer: All Blastoises should be used as night club bouncers..
Normal types: Just live in nature
Fighting types: Dojo's and such
Flying types: Depends on primary type
Rock types: Go mining
Ground types: They go mining too
Steel Types: Constructing buildings or something
Bug types: Live in nature
Poison types: Not exist; Poison isn't really useful IRL
Ghost types: Lie in a grave
Grass types: Live in nature
Fire types: Living streetlights
Water types: Be firefighters or, well, fish
Electric types: Work in power plants
Psychic types: Psychic shows on TV or such
Dark types: Be bad@ss pets for the kids
Ice types: Be stuck in a fridge
Dragon types: All be sold to the US Army
Legendaries: Be far away from any human being, keeping the world in balance

Just by type is enough.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
aww.. types is a bit general and not very fun

Waillord - a type of ferry to cart people across water, especially in emergencies like ships sinking.. cant do that with every water type...
Snorlax - we all saw it coming - road block
Forretress - maybe mine detection?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Poison types: Not exist; Poison isn't really useful IRL.
Actually, if you think of them as more than just a 'job', they would probably be used as subjects for producing different chemical weapons (if not being a weapon in itself like in the case of Koffing or Weezing). Useful for wars; although most chemical weapons are considered illegal to produce. :ohwell:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, when I was trying to decide on a team for it. Unfortunately, I can't go, but there's always next year.

Anyway, since it's Doubles, go with a Sash'd Dark Void Smeargle. Darkrai may be banned, but Void is not. It affects both of your opponent's Pokemon.
this has opened up so many ideas for me

iv reformed a lot of my team, gotta start testing tonight

im not revealing it on here, cause i kno ppl that will be at the tourney are lurking here lol

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
I just got the new pokemon game and I dont like the starters. Would anyone be willing to give me a newly hatched Eevee? I'll trade my starter for it. Preferably male. Nicknamed ''Neptune'' FC: 1462 3454 7822
if youre talking plat than you get a free eevee at some point throughout the game, dont remember exactly when though. just go to serebii and check their section on plat, sure its listed there.

Smoo

Smash Rookie
Actually, if you think of them as more than just a 'job', they would probably be used as subjects for producing different chemical weapons (if not being a weapon in itself like in the case of Koffing or Weezing). Useful for wars; although most chemical weapons are considered illegal to produce. :ohwell:
Muks poison kills trees. Strange how Chikorita or something doesn't die if hit by it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom