• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
My question was whether or not Simple allows you to go past how high you can normally boost your stats. After the 6th use, nothing happens when you use Ancient Power.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My question was whether or not Simple allows you to go past how high you can normally boost your stats. After the 6th use, nothing happens when you use Ancient Power.
Oops...

No, it doesn't

I though you meant does baton pass get doubled...

M.K

Level 55
While we're on the topic of stuff people don't know, if I Baton Pass 6 Ancient Powers to a Simple Bibarel, would I have +6 Def / SpDef or +12 Def / SpDef? If a Simple Bibarel uses Amnesia twice, is the second Amnesia "weakened"? IE, do I have +6 SpDef or +8 SpDef?
AncientPower only has a PP of 5 unless you use PP Max....then it's 8 PP max. Even then, there is only a 10% chance of stat boosts and what not.
*awesome face*

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm having trouble with Hidden Power on Shoddy. What IVs should I give Moltres for HP Grass?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm having trouble with Hidden Power on Shoddy. What IVs should I give Moltres for HP Grass?
On Shoddy it gives you the option of what HP you want to give the pokemon and automatically adjusts the IV's..

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
On Shoddy it gives you the option of what HP you want to give the pokemon and automatically adjusts the IV's..
However, sometimes that thing starts to screw up and whenever I click hp grass (example) it will change the ivs around but the IV part at the top will still be red (showing the Iv spread isn't right for the required HP).

-:bowser:Bowser King

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
However, sometimes that thing starts to screw up and whenever I click hp grass (example) it will change the ivs around but the IV part at the top will still be red (showing the Iv spread isn't right for the required HP).

-:bowser:Bowser King
Yeah, I just remembered that about legendaries...

I think there are formulas for the IV's required for certain HP's on Bulbapedia though.

THat should solve it, if I remembering correctly

Grunt

Smash Master
OK, so I heard that you can play the old pokemon games online somehow? Is this true? How would I go about that?
there is a GBC emulator that has online connections. I tried it once, but i couldn't get it to work. BGB Emulator. google it and try it out.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
For the record, some random people on the Smogon forums say that Smogon is wrong about Razor Fang. Goodbye, 80% flinch rate.

Edit: I FIXED THE PAGE GLITCH

EDIT2: Nevermind, Caelum says Smogon is right.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In shoddy,

does frustration deal max damage or does it assume happiness is max?

...I'd rather have the pokemon really unhappy since Frustration sounds cooler

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I'd just like to re-iterate the hidden links I put in:

Well, that's totally the opposite of me, I usually have sacrificial pokemon to stall and love finishing off the opponent with an explosion with the last bit of HP left.

As long as one of my minions is still standing while the opponent is completely demolished, it is my victory!

I beat one battle by the skin of my teeth by pure luck...1 pokemon left and was able to crush his entire team by confusing them

SKnickers03

Smash Journeyman
someone please explain to me whats going on, as im just starting to delve into EV training

ive been manually keeping track of my earned EVs and recently reached 152 EVs for my speed stat by battling loads of golbats and medichams...the plan was to gain 152 through battling then use 10 vitamins to max the stat to the full 252...but when i try giving my dragonair a carbos it says it wont have any effect?? what did i screw up up??

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Drugs only work for the the first 100 EVs.
So you should have used the Carbos first, 10 times, then got the last 152 from battling.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
If I gave my Flinchkiss a Razor Fang, would Air Slash flinch 70 or 80% of the time?
I'm a bit late, but the answer is neither. Razor Fang does give some moves a second chance to flinch, but that chance is independent of the first chance (and not affected by Serene Grace), so the actual chance for Serene Grace + Razor Fang Air Slash to flinch is

0.6 + (1 - 0.6) * 0.1 = 64%

The flinch chance in this example is 64%.

It was I who wrote the most recent revision of the Smogon King's Rock / Razor's Fang page and so I can tell you that the wording is deliberate; until recently, it claimed that only moves without a secondary effect gained a chance to flinch, and that is wrong.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm a bit late, but the answer is neither. Razor Fang does give some moves a second chance to flinch, but that chance is independent of the first chance (and not affected by Serene Grace), so the actual chance for Serene Grace + Razor Fang Air Slash to flinch is

0.6 + (1 - 0.6) * 0.1 = 64%

The flinch chance in this example is 64%.

It was I who wrote the most recent revision of the Smogon King's Rock / Razor's Fang page and so I can tell you that the wording is deliberate; until recently, it claimed that only moves without a secondary effect gained a chance to flinch, and that is wrong.
Aha, thanks Colin. I suspected it might be something like that after what Caelum said on Smogon.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
What is the difference between the Uber, OU, and UU metagames? Which is more fun to participate in?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Ubers is a bunch of sweepers trying to destroy each other. UU is notable for gimmicky teams, like Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Baton Pass, stalling, whatever. OU is more balenced, with a little of both.

As for which is the most fun... if you're a beginner, I'd go with OU, because it's rather simple compared to UU, where you have more options, and it's not as fast-paced as Ubers. Though UU is definitely my favorite.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How in the world do you get Shaymin-S?

...I thought if I traded for a legally obtained Shaymin I could get it, but apparently it's an event Shaymin only?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
You need the Gracidea Flower Key Item. You get it by having an event Shaymin in your party and talking to a person in Floaroma town (the one with lots of flowers everywhere). Keep in mind that it only works when it's not night and in in-game/local battles only (no wi-fi).

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Pretty simple question: Leaf Guard or Cholorphyll on a typical Tangrowth?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just noticed Low Kick is like Grass Knot...

I have never used Low Kick before, but is there a reason it isn't used as much?

Many of the heavy foes are weak against fighting.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I've got a bulky special sweeper Entei. Should I use Overheat, Heat Wave, Flamethrower, Lava Plume, or Fire Blast?

WouW

Smash Lord
Overheat - Only if you're going to hit-and-run, but since it's bulky you probably won't, so don't use it.
Heat Wave - Just DON'T.
Flamethrower - if you prefer reliability over power.
Fire Blast - if you prefer power over reliability.
Lava Plume - if you like 30% burn rate, or burn support in general.

tl;dr: Use Fire Blast.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
In an OU ladder/tier/ect.., What is the best type of pokemon to have as a starter? Sweeper,Tank, Annoyer, ect..?
You want metagross. As a starter, there is nothing an opponent can do to stop him. You will always take down at least one pokemon.

Can the pokemon boards have a social thread? I think it would work well.

WouW

Smash Lord
Yes - but only Smeargle can use both moves.

Also, Power Trick isn't really that useful to pass as many things with high Defense have crapsack Speed and therefore can't really sweep.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Metagross with BP should beat out Ninjask.

EDIT: Parafusion means 25% chance to hit, right? Or is it 37.5%, or something weird like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom