• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Is there anything that resists BoltBeam besides Steel / Rock types?
Is there anything that resists both Ghost and Fighting attacks?
Is there anything that resists both Dark and Fighting attacks?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Rock doesn't resist Electric?

Dammit
Nope. XD The only things that resist Electric are Dragon, Electric, Grass and Ground; all of which are hit for SE by Ice (except for Electric).

Oh wait! There is something that resists it! I can't believe I never realized it before...

Steel/Electric resists BoltBeam, meaning the Magnemite family is what you'll be looking at if you're desperate to find a way through it.

EDIT: Freaking ninja'd...although Steel/Ground doesn't work. Ice still hits neutral.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Oooh, never thought of him / her / potato either.

And lol @ your list of resistances lacking Electric

ColinJF

Smash Ace
What is the reasoning for banning Quick Claw?
There's no reason to ban Quick Claw and there's no tradition of banning it in competitive pokemon.

However, some people are under the impression it is banned because it isn't a choice in Shoddy Battle. This is my fault and it's just because I never got around to implementing Quick Claw in Shoddy Battle 1, partially due to limitations in the Shoddy Battle 1 framework. Quick Claw is in Shoddy Battle 2, however.

I realise that by failing to implement Quick Claw, it is has been de facto banned for nearly two years now; however, that was never the intent, and the situation should be resolved by the end of the year.

Wrath`

Smash Master
There's no reason to ban Quick Claw and there's no tradition of banning it in competitive pokemon.

However, some people are under the impression it is banned because it isn't a choice in Shoddy Battle. This is my fault and it's just because I never got around to implementing Quick Claw in Shoddy Battle 1, partially due to limitations in the Shoddy Battle 1 framework. Quick Claw is in Shoddy Battle 2, however.

I realise that by failing to implement Quick Claw, it is has been de facto banned for nearly two years now; however, that was never the intent, and the situation should be resolved by the end of the year.

Thanks, I have always wanted my T-tar to have it like on my DS games. I love good old luck items.

Do you think HG/SS will again shift the metagame, as much as platnium? or not?

WouW

Smash Lord
That would depend on tutorable moves in those games, much like Platinum had a Bullet Punch tutor improving Scizor.

Anyone know some notable TM moves from G/S (FR/LG used tutor moves from RBY TMs) that could greatly improve some pokés?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Anyone know some notable TM moves from G/S (FR/LG used tutor moves from RBY TMs) that could greatly improve some pokés?
No, not that I can see. From the entire list of TMs from Gold and Silver, I believe the only ones that weren't covered from either Move Tutor or TMs in DPPt were Zap Cannon, Dragonbreath, and Nightmare. The only one of those three that I could see having any sort of practical use is Zap Cannon if they let the Machop line learn it (and even then its practicality is limited).

UncleSam

Smash Master
I'm looking for an Azelf
Adamant nature
0 ev's

I has a lv. 100:
tyranitar,
magnezone,
and mismagius
none of them were hacked
they took forever to train

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:flame:
So, the Shell Bell itself isn't good unless you're doing obscene amounts of damage. But what about the items that make it up? I heard that you can get leftovers recovery and avoid the item clause by using one of those items, that it has the same effect.. I'm not sure where I heard this, actually, but I thought it was true. What say you?

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
But Still, doesn't one of the Shoal Salts provide the same healing that Leftovers provides? Just out of curiosity.

And also, would it be fair to not worry about StealthRock in a Calculation unless you apply it to both parties (unless you're countering or using Charizard or something)?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But Still, doesn't one of the Shoal Salts provide the same healing that Leftovers provides? Just out of curiosity.

And also, would it be fair to not worry about StealthRock in a Calculation unless you apply it to both parties (unless you're countering or using Charizard or something)?

Shoal Salt does nothing

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Aha. It was a Guide that Tricked me on the Shoal Items. Only the Shell Bell can be used (and you only get 1/8th of the damage you do, compared to 1/16th of your health back permanently. I guess if you're instantly killing everything it would be valuable, but wouldn't you need to have an item just to reach that power?).

My question on Stealthrock still stands: If you wanted to do match for counters and research and such, you don't need Stealthrock in your calculations unless it is applied to both parties or unless a Pokemon is like Overly Weak to it (Articuno, Butterfree, Charizard), right?

And lastly, how many ways should you have to kill a Pokemon before you don't have to worry about said Pokemon on your team?

WouW

Smash Lord
SR: Depending on how safe you want stuff, you may not calc SR or do two separate calcs; if you want to be safe, assume the opponent has laid down SR. If you yourself use Stealth Rock, you can generally apply that in your counters/

Your last question: Two, or one if you don't worry about such too much. (Like me.)

C4NT1

Smash Rookie
I'm looking for anyone with an Expert Belt!

If you have one, request whatever Pokemon you would like form me in return and I will try my best to provide that Pokemon to you.

Thank you!! =)

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to put together a good baton pass team that includes Smeargle.

What should I look for in creating a solid baton pass team?

drcossack

Smash Ace
I'm looking for anyone with an Expert Belt!

If you have one, request whatever Pokemon you would like form me in return and I will try my best to provide that Pokemon to you.

Thank you!! =)
I have an Expert Belt (quite a few actually), but I don't need a Pokemon for it. Let me know when you're online and you can take it off after we trade.

c3gill

Smash Ace
I'm trying to put together a good baton pass team that includes Smeargle.

What should I look for in creating a solid baton pass team?
Biggest suggestion I would have is use Umbreon and Mean Look and Yawn a pokemon that is easy to set up on. If you catch a Banded Dugtrio using Sucker Punch, your golden. Ensure that the pokemon you mean look doesnt have phazing abilities, and BP to something that can easily set up on the mean looked poke before you continue your chain. You will come across a LOT of taunters and phazers- building and playing a strong BP team can be very challenging, so dont expect perfection with your first team.

Ninjask works great in BP teams, as they can boost more than 1 stat in every turn (SD and then Speed Boost is win.) Vaporeon seems to do great as well, with its decent Defenses and a variety of options to BP.

Finally, be sure to end your chain with a pokemon that has the ability to damage every type for neutral. If your chain's end cannot damage everything, your going to run into issues.

(as a last suggestion, try Jirachi as your chain end! Pass a few Nasty Plots / Dances and some speed boosts, and run a set like Shadow Ball, HP Fighting, Iron Head and filler- maybe Fire Punch or Water Pulse? Water Pulse+Serene Grace gives a lot of confusion)

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
So I suppose the best I can do is make one to begin with, and then tweak it constantly until it provides results?

C4NT1

Smash Rookie
I have an Expert Belt (quite a few actually), but I don't need a Pokemon for it. Let me know when you're online and you can take it off after we trade.
Thanks, man. But, I got lucky yesterday and got one from the Old Man on Route 221, so I don't need the trade, now. =D

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
What 2 moves would work best on a Kingdra, with Waterfall and Dragon Dance- Draco Meter, Outrage, Hydro Pump or Yawn?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I be looking for the following.

TM Stealth Rock.
Magmar.
Vulpix.
Lotad.
(Just some stuff I need to wrap up my Pokedex)

So yeah if you can offer those post here so we can work something out.

-Terywj

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What 2 moves would work best on a Kingdra, with Waterfall and Dragon Dance- Draco Meter, Outrage, Hydro Pump or Yawn?
Personally I prefer Outrage...

How about a Double Dancer with Rain Dance to power up the Waterfall...?

Lucarian

Smash Cadet
I be looking for the following.

TM Stealth Rock.
Magmar.
Vulpix.
Lotad.
(Just some stuff I need to wrap up my Pokedex)

So yeah if you can offer those post here so we can work something out.

-Terywj
I have a Magmortar, would that count? I don't need it anyways.

Lucarian

Smash Cadet
Well do you have a Exeggcute or a Cubone? I just want to complete my pokedex.

EDIT: Sorry, just figured out my friends wireless fails. Can't trade until I go back to my place in a week. >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom