• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Yeah, when I was trying to decide on a team for it. Unfortunately, I can't go, but there's always next year.

Anyway, since it's Doubles, go with a Sash'd Dark Void Smeargle. Darkrai may be banned, but Void is not. It affects both of your opponent's Pokemon.
from my doubles experience, Dark Void only affects one pokemon. It will always miss the 2nd pokemon, if it hits the first......

and going off that, Dark Void is only an 80% accuracy move, spore is 100%

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
from my doubles experience, Dark Void only affects one pokemon. It will always miss the 2nd pokemon, if it hits the first......

and going off that, Dark Void is only an 80% accuracy move, spore is 100%
I can assure you that you are wrong. Dark Void affect both targets, and without Sleep Clause it's a superior option to Spore even with the lesser accuracy.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm trying to get a decent Magnezone that can revenge kill Scizor. Since 99% of Scizor run Superpower / Brick Break, would I need /should I have a Chople Berry to kill with HP Fire? Is it even possible to both outspeed and survive a Close Combat from Lucario?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Would anyone happen to have any of the bulbasaur forms...

either gender, any level...

The only gen 1 starter I do not have or have access to...

I can't trade over the GTS because I haven't seen one yet...so I have to do a real trade

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm trying to get a decent Magnezone that can revenge kill Scizor. Since 99% of Scizor run Superpower / Brick Break, would I need /should I have a Chople Berry to kill with HP Fire? Is it even possible to both outspeed and survive a Close Combat from Lucario?
what about a choice (Is it scarf - the one that increases speed) Magnezone...

It should outrun all forms of Lucario (Except the choice that increases speed) but will probably be taken out after you attack

WouW

Smash Lord
Timid Magnezone with max SpA and max Spe should outspeed and OHKO with HP Fire, unless Scizor has Occa Berry. A Chople berry would be useful to eat a Superpower; Brick Break won't ever OHKO, barring Swords Dances.

As for Lucario, you can take one LO unboosted CC from it with a Chople Berry, however, the only way to possibly get a KO is using Thunder.

Choice Scarf can also be used, but you still can't KO Luke reliably.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Would anyone happen to have any of the bulbasaur forms...

either gender, any level...

The only gen 1 starter I do not have or have access to...

I can't trade over the GTS because I haven't seen one yet...so I have to do a real trade
I have 3 Venusaur and an Ivysaur (either Pal Park'd or bred) on Pearl - my FC for that is 4254-1012-8445

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have 3 Venusaur and an Ivysaur (either Pal Park'd or bred) on Pearl - my FC for that is 4254-1012-8445
Alright, got you registerd...

Do ya need mine, it's 2278-4123-8780

Ready whenever you can

drcossack

Smash Ace
Alright, got you registerd...

Do ya need mine, it's 2278-4123-8780

Ready whenever you can
Connecting now if you're on - was trading stuff from my Diamond to Platinum

edit: logging off for now. Storms, will be back on later. If you've got AIM, just get me on there.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Connecting now if you're on - was trading stuff from my Diamond to Platinum

edit: logging off for now. Storms, will be back on later. If you've got AIM, just get me on there.
I had to work at 2:30

I don't have AIM, but anytime you can connect

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DO you think a Darkrai based on it's ability, Bad Dreams, could work...

Putting the enemy to sleep and slowly draining them with Nightmare and Bad Dreams, with maybe Dream Eater thrown in...

...Or is that too iffy...Maybe it's too much of a novelty set up

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
All I can say to that is sleep clause. Keep in mind that I'm not current with all the metagame and such so I may be wrong...
I'm not aware about any of the clauses...

So, can you not put an enemy to sleep?

drcossack

Smash Ace
DO you think a Darkrai based on it's ability, Bad Dreams, could work...

Putting the enemy to sleep and slowly draining them with Nightmare and Bad Dreams, with maybe Dream Eater thrown in...

...Or is that too iffy...Maybe it's too much of a novelty set up
It can work, but, like you said, it's iffy. If you're going to use a Darkrai like that (which is extremely effective), make it Timid with Dark Void/Dark Pulse/Nasty Plot/Substitute, and give it Leftovers.

There are two (technically it's 3, but I won't count your opponent having one Pokemon left) situations where you have the best chance to get a Void/Nightmare/Bad Dreams/Dream Eater combo to work:

1) If you're an AR user, use it in the Battle Tower/Hall/Arcade. The AI doesn't switch.

2) You're playing a complete idiot on Shoddy/WiFi.

Dogboy

Smash Apprentice
GBC PKMN Online???

OK, so I heard that you can play the old pokemon games online somehow? Is this true? How would I go about that?

Also, can M2 learn any new moves? He's already at such a high starter level, higher than my old Blastoise, who's a LV 64.

And I saw an ad here for a Pokemon mmo. How good is it? Can I get arrested for playing a free ripoff title like that?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
OK, so I heard that you can play the old pokemon games online somehow? Is this true? How would I go about that?
I dunno. ROMs and emulators?
Also, can M2 learn any new moves? He's already at such a high starter level, higher than my old Blastoise, who's a LV 64.
Assuming that M2 means Mewtwo and that Mewtwo can only be caught at lv. 70:
Gen I: Mist and Amnesia
Gen II + Gen III (R/S/E): Amnesia, Recover, and Safeguard
Gen III (FR/LG): Psych Up, Future Sight, and Amnesia
Gen IV: Psychic, Me First, Recover, Safeguard, and Aura Sphere.
And I saw an ad here for a Pokemon mmo. How good is it? Can I get arrested for playing a free ripoff title like that?
And that's why I use Adblock to not see these. In addition to it sucking, it'll probably infect your computer or something.

Sorry if I couldn't help you, but your questions were worded oddly.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion

You won't get arrested.

Dogboy

Smash Apprentice
Ok thanks. Howdya level your pokemon up quickly in pkmn R and B w/o Action Replay? I usually just hit the elite four or the secret cave where mewtwo is found and start grinding for experience.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok thanks. Howdya level your pokemon up quickly in pkmn R and B w/o Action Replay? I usually just hit the elite four or the secret cave where mewtwo is found and start grinding for experience.
THere was no Action Replay in Generation 1...

They had game genie and game shark, but no action replay

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Yeah you definitely don't. You have to do everything the slow way in R/B. Which isn't a bad thing I guess.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
If I gave my Flinchkiss a Razor Fang, would Air Slash flinch 70 or 80% of the time?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Smogon said:
Precisely the following moves gain a 10% flinch chance: Aerial Ace, Aeroblast, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Arm Thrust, Assurance, Attack Order, Aura Sphere, Avalanche, Barrage, Beat Up, Bide, Bind, Blast Burn, Bone Rush, Bonemerang, Bounce, Brave Bird, Brick Break, Brine, Bug Bite, Bullet Punch, Bullet Seed, Charge Beam, Clamp, Close Combat, Comet Punch, Crabhammer, Cross Chop, Cross Poison, Crush Grip, Cut, Dark Pulse, Dig, Discharge, Dive, Double Hit, Double Kick, Double-edge, Doubleslap, Draco Meteor, Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush, Dragonbreath, Drain Punch, Drill Peck, Earth Power, Earthquake, Egg Bomb, Endeavor, Eruption, Explosion, Extremespeed, Faint Attack, False Swipe, Fire Fang, Fire Spin, Flail, Flash Cannon, Fly, Force Palm, Frenzy Plant, Frustration, Fury Attack, Fury Cutter, Fury Swipes, Giga Impact, Grass Knot, Gunk Shot, Gust, Gyro Ball, Hammer Arm, Head Smash, Hi Jump Kick, Hidden Power, Horn Attack, Hydro Cannon, Hydro Pump, Hyper Beam, Ice Ball, Ice Fang, Ice Shard, Icicle Spear, Iron Head, Judgment, Jump Kick, Karate Chop, Last Resort, Lava Plume, Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm, Low Kick, Mach Punch, Magical Leaf, Magma Storm, Magnet Bomb, Magnitude, Mega Kick, Mega Punch, Megahorn, Meteor Mash, Mirror Shot, Mud Bomb, Mud Shot, Muddy Water, Night Shade, Night Slash, Ominous Wind, Outrage, Overheat, Pay Day, Payback, Peck, Petal Dance, Pin Missile, Pluck, Poison Jab, Poison Tail, Power Gem, Power Whip, Psycho Boost, Psycho Cut, Psywave, Punishment, Quick Attack, Rage, Rapid Spin, Razor Leaf, Razor Wind, Return, Revenge, Reversal, Roar Of Time, Rock Blast, Rock Climb, Rock Throw, Rock Wrecker, Rolling Kick, Rollout, Sand Tomb, Scratch, Seed Bomb, Seed Flare, Seismic Toss, Selfdestruct, Shadow Claw, Shadow Force, Shadow Punch, Shadow Sneak, Shock Wave, Signal Beam, Silver Wind, Skull Bash, Sky Attack, Sky Uppercut, Slam, Slash, Snore, Solarbeam, Sonicboom, Spacial Rend, Spike Cannon, Spit Up, Steel Wing, Stone Edge, Strength, Struggle, Submission, Sucker Punch, Surf, Swift, Tackle, Take Down, Thrash, Thunder Fang, Triple Kick, Trump Card, Twister, U-turn, Uproar, Vacuum Wave, Vicegrip, Vine Whip, Vital Throw, Volt Tackle, Wake-up slap, Water Gun, Water Pulse, Waterfall, Weather Ball, Whirlpool, Wing Attack, Wood Hammer, Wrap, Wring Out, X-scissor.
I just bolded a few examples, I'm sure there are more.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
smogon said:
Raises accuracy by 20% if the holder goes after the target.
While we're on the topic of stuff people don't know, if I Baton Pass 6 Ancient Powers to a Simple Bibarel, would I have +6 Def / SpDef or +12 Def / SpDef? If a Simple Bibarel uses Amnesia twice, is the second Amnesia "weakened"? IE, do I have +6 SpDef or +8 SpDef?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
While we're on the topic of stuff people don't know, if I Baton Pass 6 Ancient Powers to a Simple Bibarel, would I have +6 Def / SpDef or +12 Def / SpDef? If a Simple Bibarel uses Amnesia twice, is the second Amnesia "weakened"? IE, do I have +6 SpDef or +8 SpDef?
"if a Pokémon without Simple Baton Passes two stages of increase to a Pokémon with Simple, the second Pokémon would effectively have four stages of increase. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom