• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrath`

Smash Master
So you do have the national pokedex and got it from Oak in Birch/ Elm whatever tree that one guy is named after's lab, right?

In Eterna City, he's in the building in the very South of town to the left.
Yes I have the natinal dex. ( I am at the resort area with my Zapdos), but I checked that building 5 times, he's not there. Glitched mabey?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
What are some of the best grass Pokemon?

I am currently using a Tropius (just to have a Pokemon that knows fly to get me around), and I am playing Pearl, and can dongle with Leaf Green, if that makes any differences. I know Tropius isn't good, and it's only level 1 XD.

My favourite grass type is probably the Bulbasaur line, but I also like Meganium- would any of them be a good choice, or should I look elsewhere?

On another note, who is better, Seadra or Feraligatr?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Kindgra is pretty awesome. Kingdra > Feraligatr > Seadra.

Tropius... seriously? I've used Roselia / Roserade throughout Diamond and Platinum.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Can someone link me the page to where they show which pokemon is used how many times and the most popular pokemon in shoddy?

-:bowser:Bowser King

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Kindgra is pretty awesome. Kingdra > Feraligatr > Seadra.

Tropius... seriously? I've used Roselia / Roserade throughout Diamond and Platinum.
I'll find a Seadra evolving thingy and evolve him them lol- I'd need to finish Colosseum to get Feraligatr, and I can't be bothered doing that XD.

I only used Tropius because it had access to fly lol, I have access to all other starters, so I may use Sceptile for a grass type.

Thanks for the help :bee:.

I have one more question- if I want to trade a Pokemon with someone, do I have to have it seen in my Pokedex like in GTS, or can I trade for Pokemon I haven't seen?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I have one more question- if I want to trade a Pokemon with someone, do I have to have it seen in my Pokedex like in GTS, or can I trade for Pokemon I haven't seen?
You can trade over any Pokemon whether you've seen it or not. You don't even need the national dex.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I've read that RestTalk on certain Pokemon and Pursuit + Selfdestruct is banned, is this true?

SCRW^

Smash Rookie
If i were to make a taunt leading aerodactyl, with a choice specs on, would it be better to be a jolly nature or adamant?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm guessing he's shifting from the noob-Ash to the I'm-confident-and-pwn-all-with-my-haxxoring-Ash.
The anime is super hax in general. I wish I could go, "I believe in you, [insert pokemon here]!!!" and have them power level x10 for no reason.... and win the battle..... all because I cheered them on a little or recalled some sappy story about all we've been through together. -_-

Also, Thunder Armor. 'Nuff said.

AIM 4 DA HORN!!!

Famous

Smash Champion
Lol, like when he fought Onix with pikachu and won...

SCRW, Adamant nature raises physical attack more than anything...

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
If i were to make a taunt leading aerodactyl, with a choice specs on, would it be better to be a jolly nature or adamant?
Uhhh...choice specs? Do you mean choice band, or focus sash? If choice band, then don't even carry taunt. That would be absolutely stupid. If you mean focus sash, then yay. Oh, and give it jolly. Aerodactyl should almost always get jolly.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The anime is super hax in general. I wish I could go, "I believe in you, [insert pokemon here]!!!" and have them power level x10 for no reason.... and win the battle..... all because I cheered them on a little or recalled some sappy story about all we've been through together. -_-

Also, Thunder Armor. 'Nuff said.

AIM 4 DA HORN!!!
Yes, but earlier there was semblance of strategy in his battles.

I just saw Ash's battle against Barry today though, and...

"Empoleon! Use steel wing!"
"Pikachu! counter with Iron Tail!"
"Empoleon! Now use Hyper beam!"
"Hang in there Pikachu! Use thunderbolt while Empoleon recharges!"
"Now use Volt Tackle!"
"Empoleon is unable to battle Ash wins!"
"Blah Blah Blah Power of Friendship etc. etc."

I remember when Pokemon the Anime didn't have battles that could have just as easily taken place in the video games. I also remember a time when Ash would have been more creative than to counter a steel type attack with another steel type attack repeatedly. He doesn't even use the stupid "spin to avoid attacks" technique anymore. It can't even be blamed on overconfidence, because he isn't overconfidence.

Ash just became really, really bad at Pokemon, and I can't figure out how. I blame bad writing.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I was using the EV lowering berries, and it realy did lower the base stats by some. I thought it only lowered EV not base stat.should I still do it?

drcossack

Smash Ace
I was using the EV lowering berries, and it realy did lower the base stats by some. I thought it only lowered EV not base stat.should is still do it.
They're working as they should. EV's influence the stat totals.

Using a level 50 Suicune (with 31 HP IV's) as an example - 252 EV's in HP brings it to the 207 max. Use enough HP reducing Berries on it and it goes down to the 160 minimum.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Uhhh...choice specs? Do you mean choice band, or focus sash? If choice band, then don't even carry taunt. That would be absolutely stupid. If you mean focus sash, then yay. Oh, and give it jolly. Aerodactyl should almost always get jolly.
LOL at choice specs aerodactyl with taunt...

Aerodactyl used taunt...

Enemy used their move again

Aerodactyl used taunt again

Enemy used their move again

Aerodactyl used taunt again

...etc.

Not to mention Aerodactyl isn't exactly the best choice to give an item that boosts special

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
If I use experience share, will the Pokemon holding it still gain EV's, or will they gain none?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
If I use experience share, will the Pokemon holding it still gain EV's, or will they gain none?
I have a question based off this question. Why would people use exp. share for EV training when simply using any of the power items is generally 3-5x as fast, and easier to keep track of? Just wondering...because I never really understood the logic of doing so. :\

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I have a question based off this question. Why would people use exp. share for EV training when simply using any of the power items is generally 3-5x as fast, and easier to keep track of? Just wondering...because I never really understood the logic of doing so. :\
In the past 1 and a half hours or less I have leveled a level 2 Treecko (from a trade) to a level 42 Sceptile, whilst also raising my Infernape from level 96 to 98.

I'm not actually EV training as such (sure, I do care about them, that's why I asked), I was just being lazy, and it's much quicker levelling to get 1,000+ experience per battle than to get say 300. It was either exp. share or daycare, but sonce daycare gives no EV's as far as I know exp. share was a quick levelling up method, that helped raise 2 at once, gave it EV's, and rasied it 40 levels in just over an hour.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In the past 1 and a half hours or less I have leveled a level 2 Treecko (from a trade) to a level 42 Sceptile, whilst also raising my Infernape from level 96 to 98.

I'm not actually EV training as such (sure, I do care about them, that's why I asked), I was just being lazy, and it's much quicker levelling to get 1,000+ experience per battle than to get say 300. It was either exp. share or daycare, but sonce daycare gives no EV's as far as I know exp. share was a quick levelling up method, that helped raise 2 at once, gave it EV's, and rasied it 40 levels in just over an hour.
If you want an example how much faster the Power Items are at EV training...

I always had a slow time at speed EV training, than I bought the power anklet...

A level 2-3 whatever that bird thing is called usually gives out 1 speed ev, with the macho brace it gives out 2...however, with the power anklet it gave out 5 speed ev's.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I have a completely non-competitive question. Well, not a question, but I'd like to see if there's some sort of explanation.

I was playing pokemon blue a few weeks ago. I went and killed a Missingo down Cinnabar (cos I'm cool, y'know?) I didn't catch one or anything, just killed it, along with a stupid levelled Cloyster and something else I forget. Next time I checked my hall of fame, it was completely screwed up, as it always is when you **** with Missingno.

What I didn't expect to find in my PC storage box was a level 54 Wigglytuff. Fully legit it seems, no glitch attacks, no crazy shenanigans when it levels up etc.

Anybody know what happened?

c3gill

Smash Ace
In a shoddy ladder battle, if I use a suicide move (explosion, destiny bond, etc.) and me and my opponents pokemon both faint, who wins?
typical shoddy matches are played without a self-ko clause. If you kill your opponent, you win- even if the recoil would kill you.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
I'm wondering if whenever HeartGold and SoulSilver come out, is it possible that the Pokemon can be traded between D/P/Plat??

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'm wondering if whenever HeartGold and SoulSilver come out, is it possible that the Pokemon can be traded between D/P/Plat??
Yes, I would assume that they would be. Even the timeline used in the games add up, so it's basically guaranteed to happen.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
anyone willing to trade a ev trained forretress?

i can trade an ev trained salamence or heracross. A shiny non ev trained metagross. A bunch of baby pokemon like sneasel and elekid, or just rare candies.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Is there a difference between, for example, a Bug / Flying type Pokemon and a Flying / Bug type?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is there a difference between, for example, a Bug / Flying type Pokemon and a Flying / Bug type?
There are no flying/ bugs.

No pokemon has flying as it's main type, with a few exceptions such as sky plate arceus...

Other than that, no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom