• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Does anyone know where I can find a translated review of "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky"? I'm try to decide if having one of my favorite characters as playable is enough of an incentive to counter the fact that it's a mystery dungeon title.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Does anyone know where I can find a translated review of "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky"? I'm try to decide if having one of my favorite characters as playable is enough of an incentive to counter the fact that it's a mystery dungeon title.
We all know that it will have an AMAZING story, and average gameplay, so don't worry, just BUY IT!!! I love this series so I really don't care what the reviews say.
The game is supposed to tell you how Wigglytuff came to be a rescuer (which should be cool) and allot of other back-stories such as that of grovyle and dusknoir:)

drcossack

Smash Ace
Woop! And thank you. :) I think it would just be funny to watch Shedinja mess with someone's entire team. :laugh:
I think I might have done this in UU a couple times. Get rid of everything that can kill Sheddy, bring it in, SD a couple times, stomp. It's so much fun watching someone who's completely helpless to stop you.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I think I might have done this in UU a couple times. Get rid of everything that can kill Sheddy, bring it in, SD a couple times, stomp. It's so much fun watching someone who's completely helpless to stop you.
Which is why I never enter a battle without Tyranitar.

I know the story telling will be pretty good, but I also skipped explorers of time and explorers of darkness, so I'm curious as to just what explorers of sky is, and if it is something I would buy in spite of having decided to skipped time and darkness.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Which is why I never enter a battle without Tyranitar.

I know the story telling will be pretty good, but I also skipped explorers of time and explorers of darkness, so I'm curious as to just what explorers of sky is, and if it is something I would buy in spite of having decided to skipped time and darkness.
T-Tar isn't UU though. :)

As far as Explorers of Sky, this is all I can tell you: http://www.serebii.net/dungeonsky/

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
T-Tar isn't UU though. :)
I know that. It doesn't stop me from using it though. :)

Although that would carry more weight if I actually battled UU.

I think I'll just forget about Sky until it comes stateside. I would however like help balancing a team for the Platinum Fight Zone, as I'm absolutely terrible at covering my weaknesses. (BTW, yawning Togekiss did edge me through the Platinum Elite Four, but only barely. Possibly the hardest Elite Four yet, IMO.)

I have an Infernape, a Garchomp, a Lucario, a Togekiss, and a Lefeon, all of which I would consider using. However, I am willing to obtain just about any pokemon to balance them out, and get can a Swampert, a DD-tar and a DD-mence from Emerald, among a few others.

I need help making a team that is good offencively and defencively for the battle frontier. What pokemon should I use/add?

Niiro

Smash Ace
This is a serious question for all the pokemon reaserchers:
What color should we change the color to? Because this vomit green is getting on my nerves. So every researcher vote either keep this nasty color, or change it to like white or lime green ^___^

c3gill

Smash Ace
What color should we change the color to? Because this vomit green is getting on my nerves. So every researcher vote either keep this nasty color, or change it to like white or lime green ^___^
I would like a lime green name, that sounds a lot better.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Honestly, I actually like the color. It sticks out in its own, special way, and it somehow mixes well with quite a few avatars. Plus whenever I look at it, it just screams researcher. Don't ask how, but it does.

If we were to do a change however, I wouldn't want it to be either of those colors. Not because they're bad choices, but because I think the brightness of either would stick out too much for what it's supposed to represent on the site. Note how the only things that carry much brightness on them are the red of the mods (red is just naturally bright enough to be noticeable), and the cyan of the smash researchers (if you've seen it, you know what I mean). Everything else is of a much paler tint, almost as though it's supposed to signify being of some sort of lesser importance than either of those roles (apart from admins, but they're black, and black stands out on this site more than anything else anyway). And at least to me, I think the roles of admin, mod, and smash researcher are the most important to the site anyway. And as we aren't even in a smash-related role, we pretty much fit the bill for not being as important to the site, it wouldn't make sense for us to have a bright color.

I possibly wouldn't mind some other shade of green though. I wouldn't know what exactly, but it would be nice. :)

EDIT: Yes I do realize that the reasoning for the paleness in the colors isn't because of ranking in importance, but it does seem to signify as much nonetheless.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
im not even gonna read that lol. its a yes or no question, not a debate.
Well basically, I vote to keep it. I don't think the other choices really work for Pokemon Researcher, and I don't think the color is THAT bad.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I would go with a bold dark blue:)
But this color is fine with me if Mow, JTEG, and azua disapprove of our color changing votes.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I would go with a bold dark blue:)
But this color is fine with me if Mow, JTEG, and azua disapprove of our color changing votes.
Whoa. Now that's quite a sexy color. <3 It would be an overload of blue for usergroups, but it would still be sexy. I'd vote for it. :laugh:

And that's scary, because I turned down a green for a blue, and green is my favorite color. ._.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Dingdingding.

Please be grateful that Umbreon and I actually took an hour to find a color, because otherwise you would not have gotten one.
I figured this was it:) So I appreciate the time you and Mow took to find a color:p
like I said I really don't care about the color

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you are in a double battle, and one of your pokemon uses roar, and the other uses pursuit...

will the pursuit hit the roar'd pokemon?

Mewter

Smash Master
If you are in a double battle, and one of your pokemon uses roar, and the other uses pursuit...

will the pursuit hit the roar'd pokemon?
Whichever one goes first, I think. Pursuit probably only goes first when the opponent's poke is switching out.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Whichever one goes first, I think. Pursuit probably only goes first when the opponent's poke is switching out.
Uhh no.

Pursuit has no priority modifiers, whereas Roar has a -5 modifier. This means Pursuit will hit for a base 40 attack on your target, and then Roar will activate.

If the target switches out however, Pursuit will hit them for a base 80 attack, then Roar will phaze the newly switched in Pokemon.

There is no "whichever one goes first". Pursuit always goes first.

D

Deleted member

unless it's selected via another move, then it has the move priority of that move. god, I love watching aero***dyl go to work.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:flame:
Just out of curiosity, to prove that something counters something else, would the following details be required for a proper battling scenario?

-first Pokemon is given a free turn to charge up, or a freeshot at it's enemy to damage it.
-second pokemon must switch into the first pokemon, without a Batton-Pass, Uturn, or anything that would allow it to have extra effects while switching in.
-second pokemon must be able to survive the first pokemon's assault, should the first choose to attack.
-second pokemon must then be able to defeat the first, by outspeeding it and killing it, by taking a hit and killing it, or by using a strategy to defeat it.
-no outside forces from anyside are to be used to assist either pokemon, to insure the battle is fair.
-all pokemon will be given maximum ivs, and the specified evs and items for battle, unless duly noted.

Oracle

Smash Master
What are you guys talking about? That color is beastly. Like a tyranitar

My question: What are some good double battle strategies? And is there a double battle shoddy?
Aside from like skill swap regigigas and protect / explosion?

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Obviously the Weather/Attack strategies are pretty cool (Rain-Dance/Thunder Sunnyday/SolarBeam Hail/Blizzard), as are Power-Up/Copy Strategies (Belly-Drum/Psych Up).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I Just read that protein and etc. raise EV points starting from generation 3...

I did not know this...

Does each of them raise it by 10, so giving them 10 irons gives them 100 *defense* EV's?

Edit: I Meant defense with the iron...LOL, Iron doesn't raise strength

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
My question: What are some good double battle strategies? And is there a double battle shoddy?
There's all sorts of stuff; too much to write down here. Examples:

1. One pokemon has brightpowder and then uses some evasiveness raising move (i.e. double team) and then continuously uses follow me to draw all attacks, which they hope will miss and keep their partner safe. Someone (I think it was ChiboSempai) posted a team that has a good example of this.

2. There are some moves, such as helping hand, that are pretty straightforward.

3. Healing allies and attacking enemies at the same time by using some combo such as surf+water absorb. Or you could boost the stats of allies and attack at the same time (i.e. discharge+motor drive).

I'll try to get a link for this for the FAQ, since it's a pretty general question.

@PsychoIncarnate: Yes, each one gives 10 EVs to that stat

Mewter

Smash Master
So, I Just read that protein and etc. raise EV points starting from generation 3...

I did not know this...

Does each of them raise it by 10, so giving them 10 irons gives them 100 strength EV's?
Yup.But ten is the max.
Plus, I apologize for my earlier mistake. Sorry about that.
(Roar)

c3gill

Smash Ace
1. One pokemon has brightpowder and then uses some evasiveness raising move (i.e. double team) and then continuously uses follow me to draw all attacks, which they hope will miss and keep their partner safe. Someone (I think it was ChiboSempai) posted a team that has a good example of this.

3. Healing allies and attacking enemies at the same time by using some combo such as surf+water absorb. Or you could boost the stats of allies and attack at the same time (i.e. discharge+motor drive).
1 is illegal, you cannot use moves that boost your evasion. However, Sand Veil Cacturne @ brightpowder, in a SS behind a substitute is totally legal..... (HINT HINT)

3 is where you start to get the best points. Gyarados + Lightningrod Manectric (or Rhyperior) isnt a bad thought, but CM Suicune+ Surf + Vaporeon = never dead.

drcossack

Smash Ace
1 is illegal, you cannot use moves that boost your evasion. However, Sand Veil Cacturne @ brightpowder, in a SS behind a substitute is totally legal..... (HINT HINT)

3 is where you start to get the best points. Gyarados + Lightningrod Manectric (or Rhyperior) isnt a bad thought, but CM Suicune+ Surf + Vaporeon = never dead.
really? *drool*

I will have to try this later.

c3gill

Smash Ace
as it should be obvious that CM Cune + vaporeon is one of my favorite doubles teams, dont forget about other options!

Magnet Rising Magnezone uses Discharge + Electivire. Zone Magnet Rises on first turn, Electivire EQs. if your opponent had a pokemon with an electrical immunity, they would have switched in and are now probably dead. 2nd turn Magnezone Discharges, Electivire then sweeps. fun ****.

As water absorb vaporeon was mentioned, ill go the opposite and suggest :

Flash Fire Heatran + Flash Fire Arcanine. Heatran Uses Lava Plume, Arcanine uses Heat Wave. Just throw a Scarf on both of them, because after the FF boost you are going to be ****** everything.

other thoughts are that weather is insane OP in doubles. rain dancing teams that run swift swim are crazy stupid. Ice is the worst though, especially if you take neutral or SE damage from it. why? Blizzard hits both opponents, and is 100% accurate in hail. both your opponents are taking 2 blizzards that are definatly hitting. if you use this, i suggest that as soon as the battle starts you say " i hope you have ice resists, *****."

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Just out of curiosity, to prove that something counters something else, would the following details be required for a proper battling scenario?

-first Pokemon is given a free turn to charge up, or a freeshot at it's enemy to damage it.
-second pokemon must switch into the first pokemon, without a Batton-Pass, Uturn, or anything that would allow it to have extra effects while switching in.
-second pokemon must be able to survive the first pokemon's assault, should the first choose to attack.
-second pokemon must then be able to defeat the first, by outspeeding it and killing it, by taking a hit and killing it, or by using a strategy to defeat it.
-no outside forces from anyside are to be used to assist either pokemon, to insure the battle is fair.
-all pokemon will be given maximum ivs, and the specified evs and items for battle, unless duly noted.

No one answered this yet...

Niiro

Smash Ace
No one answered this yet...

first part is correct
2cd part: um uturn doesnt pass on effects
3rd part: correct i guess
4th part: or outstalling
5th: sometimes, for the countering pokemon to be a counter by some people standers must be able to deal with SR and SS
6th part: ya

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Good job Zook, I like the idea of a merge.:)

Oh yeah:
"Yes, I know it's not that good but it's the best I've been able to find and it's better than nothing. I'm currently looking for a more comprehensive guide."

This was meant to be in the FAQ so it should be in the black box.

Should I just PM you if I have a new site to add?

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Which move is better, Waterfall or Brine?
Generally waterfall because brine is situational. You're also comparing a special and physical attack. For physical water attacks, waterfall and aqua tail are generally the best (depending on your confidence level). For special attacks, surf is usually your best bet.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Brine is SPECIAL!!?!? *faceknife*

OMG! I'm so stupid >_> You see, I have a DDing Lapras with Avalanche & Waterfall, but decided to change it for Brine.

Gonna change it right away, aqua tail has...doubtful accuracy.

Thanks for the response n_n

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom