• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK, now I am open for suggestion for a Charizard moveset. Can anybody give me a good moveset that does NOT utilize belly drum?

c3gill

Smash Ace
OK, now I am open for suggestion for a Charizard moveset. Can anybody give me a good moveset that does NOT utilize belly drum?
As his Sp Atk is his higher attacking stat:

Charizard @ Life Orb
252 SP Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Modest: Blaze
Flamethrower
Air Slash
HP Grass
Focus Blast

You could also use a Mixed set and utilize Overheat, or something similar. Belly Drum is usually seen because Charizard is arguably the best belly drummer in the game.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK, but what if I:
A: don't have access to a Hidden power grass, which is usually the case? what can I use instead?
B: don't want to use life orb and lose some HP in the process? Would Expert belt suffice?

WouW

Smash Lord
You can use Dragon Pulse to hit everything in the game at least neutrally. Focus Punch or Outrage can also be used as physical options.

And yes, an expert belt would suffice.

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
If I may note:

Victreebel w/Yache Berry
Jolly/Chlorophyll
220 Atk./ 100 Def./ 190 Speed
+ Encore
+ Swords Dance
+ Leaf Blade
+ Sucker Punch
Smogon has not yet updated all of the monsters, just the most common ones. I think that there is a guide on the newest movesets out there somewhere. Please dig it up.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK, let me just get one via mystery gift ( I got Pokemon battle revolution, which has several TMs as mystery gifts).

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
If I may note:

Victreebel w/Yache Berry
Jolly/Chlorophyll
+ Encore
+ Swords Dance
+ Leaf Blade
+ Sucker Punch
The FAQ is mainly for new players just to give them a good start; it's not meant to be the best competitive research center for pokemon experts.

Smogon has not yet updated all of the monsters, just the most common ones. I think that there is a guide on the newest movesets out there somewhere. Please dig it up.
I'll try, but you really haven't given me a good clue as to where it might be or what the site is called. Do you have any information about where this might be?

c3gill

Smash Ace
If I may note:

Victreebel w/Yache Berry
Jolly/Chlorophyll
+ Encore
+ Swords Dance
+ Leaf Blade
+ Sucker Punch
..... who the HELL is running a Yache Victreebel? I am certain that is is NOT anything near the competitive sets- between wack EVs, Sucker Punch, Encore, and a Yache Berry, this set went off.

For the record, Victreebel's highest defense is physical, at a whooping base 65- any move that is encored is going to kill it. and while Victreebel has a decent base 105 physical attacking stat, you dont want to be using SD- its not the most effective set.

edit- yes, smogon has most of the competitive pokemon sets updated. if they dont have a pokemon you are looking for, ask in the Q+A or the strategy dex- or you can just look at your options, contemplate the current metagame, and decide what the best set is for your pokemon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm breeding piplup right now...

Anyone want to trade one for any of torterra's evolutions?

...I can cannot to wifi but I'm not sure how to connect to another player...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you trade a pokemon VIA pal park, will pokerus transfer with them?

Because I just started a new game in RUBY and my Mudkip caught the pokerus on the very first wild pokemon battle!

...It's also female. If it was shiny it'd be breaking all sorts of % rules

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You lucky *****. :laugh:

And yeah, if they go through the Pal Park they keep the Pokerus.
It went away at midnight unfortunetly, but I read online that if you keep a pokemon in the box before midnight it keeps the virus...

So I kept one of the pokemon with the virus to continue spreading to my other pokemon.

I should spread it to some and than transfer through Pal park now.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Criticals take into account Stat Modifiers (Calm Mind, Iron Defense, Acid Armor, etc)?
Yep, I'm sure of that.

I have a pokemon that knows Iron Defense. Raised it a couple times and even a ciritcal super effective did hardly any damage

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Criticals take into account Stat Modifiers (Calm Mind, Iron Defense, Acid Armor, etc)?
im pretty sure they do

Does focus Sash work on shedinja? I was just wondering since it only has one HP, will it still be saved by the sash.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Yep, I'm sure of that.

I have a pokemon that knows Iron Defense. Raised it a couple times and even a ciritcal super effective did hardly any damage

Ok Example I was playing Shoddy, so I was in a stalling war

My Cresselia VS Opponent's Latias

They both had 6 Calm Minds, so the opposing Latias goes first and criticals Cresselia with Dragon Pulse and Cresselia dies? D:

Then I release my Latias who outspeeds his Latias, uses Dragon Pulse, criticals and KOs her.

My Latias didn't have any boosts, the other Latias had 6 Calm Minds?!?!

This is the EV spread I gave to my Latias:

Latias (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/50 SAtk/202 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Reflect
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse

Is it possible with the wrong EV spread?

EDIT:: LAWL Thanks for the response Niiro

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Really? on shoddy it doesn't *shrugs*
REally, why not?

I was pretty sure my guy was able to survive because he set up a couple Iron defenses...

I dunno, maybe he was just more powerful than I thought...?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
REally, why not?

I was pretty sure my guy was able to survive because he set up a couple Iron defenses...

I dunno, maybe he was just more powerful than I thought...?
Yes, your Pokemon was just more powerful than you thought.

Critical hits ignore any buffs that make the critical hit disadvantageous; such as if your attack has been lowered, it ignores that and you attack with your base attack. It does the same thing if your opponent has increased their defense, where they defend with their base defense if their defense has been increased. Because of this, criticals are ALWAYS to the advantage of the user. Unless they were under something like Destiny Bond, of course. x_x
Tada! I explained it before. :)

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I am having a lot of trouble with the Platinum Elite four. I am currently using Lefeon, Luxray, Infernape, Garchomp, Floatzel, and Lucario, all ranging from level 50 to level 53.

I want to swap in a Togekiss, level 43 (with yawn instead of thunderwave because I can't get thunderwave until after the Elite Four aparently). I plan on making up for the low level by giving it an exp. share, as I have no problem with the first two elite four members using my current team. I do also have a level 48-ish Glaceon available, but it seems like a weak choice considering my current type weaknesses.

Fortunately, I did manage to get to the point in the Champion battle where I managed to see every pokemon in Sinnoh, which means I have access to Pal park and the poke-radar. However, I would rather not use Pal park.

What should I do to win this time? My biggest concern is
Cynthia's Garchomp
. Spoilers because anyone who hasn't beaten the D/P/Pt Elite 4 yet will not want to know that.

Niiro

Smash Ace
I am having a lot of trouble with the Platinum Elite four. I am currently using Lefeon, Luxray, Infernape, Garchomp, Floatzel, and Lucario, all ranging from level 50 to level 53.

I want to swap in a Togekiss, level 43 (with yawn instead of thunderwave because I can't get thunderwave until after the Elite Four aparently). I plan on making up for the low level by giving it an exp. share, as I have no problem with the first two elite four members using my current team. I do also have a level 48-ish Glaceon available, but it seems like a weak choice considering my current type weaknesses.

Fortunately, I did manage to get to the point in the Champion battle where I managed to see every pokemon in Sinnoh, which means I have access to Pal park and the poke-radar. However, I would rather not use Pal park.

What should I do to win this time? My biggest concern is
Cynthia's Garchomp
. Spoilers because anyone who hasn't beaten the D/P/Pt Elite 4 yet will not want to know that.
lol, just give ur chomp choice scarf and spam outrage/ dragon claw against cynthia.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
get someone to trade you one. I can, if you have access to wifi. if your interested, PM me.
I probably should, but I want to try out my yawning togekiss and a few other in-game options first. Part of it is that I'm also trying to build a team for the battle frontier, so I know that only having Infernape, Lucario, and Garchomp is probably a bad idea anyway.

Nothing wrong with them, except that I'm probably going to get destroyed by the first Swampert I see unless I raise a few more powerhouses.

SCRW^

Smash Rookie
This may seem like an odd question, but if i had a shedinja holding a focus sash, and it got poisoned, would the focus sash kick in and save or would it just crippled

SCRW^

Smash Rookie
if i had a shedinja with a focus sash, would it kick in and save the shedinja even if it is poisoned

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
lol at doublepost

Anyways, since the competive is always changing, and apparently faster than I can adapt, what the more common leads nowadays? I see Heatran, Azelf, and Infernape a lot.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Sorry to say that I don't know. It always seems completely random to me. In fact, I simply pick a pokemon that's generally good, and hope for the best.

However, I would look for something that can counter Azelf specifically, and maybe Gyarados. I see those two no matter when I go on Shoddy, Azelf especially. Swampert can be pretty popular too.

I'm looking for a translated review of "Pokemon mystery dungeon: Explorers of the Sky". I say translated because it's only out in Japan, and thus, typing the tags into google in English isn't working. Can I get a link to one please?

c3gill

Smash Ace
lol at doublepost

Anyways, since the competive is always changing, and apparently faster than I can adapt, what the more common leads nowadays? I see Heatran, Azelf, and Infernape a lot.
Metagross, Azelf, Jirachi, Infernape, Aerodactyl, Swampert, Hippowdon, Brongzong, Tyranitar, and Ninjask are top 10 from last month, in that order.

Rush4216

Smash Rookie
i would like to please request to anyone who has any of the event Legendarys that follow
Mew, Celebi Lugia Ho-oh, Jirachi Deoxys Darkrai and Shayman

i really want these pokemon really badly and would trade anything for them please!!! johto starters anyone?!?!?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Does focus Sash work on shedinja? I was just wondering since it only has one HP, will it still be saved by the sash.

This may seem like an odd question, but if i had a shedinja holding a focus sash, and it got poisoned, would the focus sash kick in and save or would it just crippled
we are not the same person besides the questions being very similar and relatively close in time. Anyway, can I get an answer to my question?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
we are not the same person besides the questions being very similar and relatively close in time. Anyway, can I get an answer to my question?
Yup, it's saved by the sash for the one turn. I've always wanted to use this on a team, but I've yet to find a way to really do much damage with just one extra turn. D:

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Focus Sash on Shedinja is more of a precautionary measure and saves you from a bad prediction once and is usually used as such as opposed to say, letting your Shedinja X-Scissor Infernape one more time. It also doesn't save you from any status afflictions that may cause damage (Poison, Burn), which is why some Kyogres opt to carry Toxic so they aren't completely shut down by Shedinja. Focus Sash also won't save you from any entry hazards, Leech Seed, weather, or pretty much anything that's not direct damage.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Yup, it's saved by the sash for the one turn. I've always wanted to use this on a team, but I've yet to find a way to really do much damage with just one extra turn. D:
Focus Sash on Shedinja is more of a precautionary measure and saves you from a bad prediction once and is usually used as such as opposed to say, letting your Shedinja X-Scissor Infernape one more time. It also doesn't save you from any status afflictions that may cause damage (Poison, Burn), which is why some Kyogres opt to carry Toxic so they aren't completely shut down by Shedinja. Focus Sash also won't save you from any entry hazards, Leech Seed, weather, or pretty much anything that's not direct damage.
thankyou!
i was just curious about it.

don't worry timssu, ill try it for you:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom