• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
Oh geez, i hadn't realized that. Grass-types just got pretty strong there. Can Growlithe use Growth? I think i remember one using it once, plus their names sound the same. I'll go look it up. If so, Growlithe and Arcainine will have a larger role in battling off them planties.

EDIT: Oh noes, i was wrong.

M.K

Level 55
IMO Broccoli-mon is fake. The toy doesn't prove that it's a Pokemon, because Bandai makes toys for a bunch of other companies as well, and style didn't match Kibago's toy.
Until we get confirmation, it's not real to me. XD I hate it's design.

Not FAKE, but not of the Pokemon brand.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Growth#By_event

TIME TRAVELERS, YOUR TIME IS NOW!!

Yeah, we're pretty much doomed unless something else is added to balance this out.

Like Sunshine causing damage.
Not really. If you noticed, only Pokemon with Chlorophyll are going to actually benefit from this too much. Combine how they need to be bulky enough to talk a few hits to get a reasonable amount of stat-ups and a reliable recovert and it's not actually that scary-sounding anymore.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
What was the point in posting that magazine picture and listing all the details in it and then telling us it was fake? I just wasted my time reading that there.

Also Broccoli-bear is real, we saw the toy for it along with the green dragon Poke before the green dragon was confirmed.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
How is Attack/Special Attack +1 that broken? Only thing I can think of is Victreebell taking advantage of it due to Chlorophyll and its stats...

It doesn't learn many useful physical attacks right now though.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Victreebel has Leaf Blade.

Shaymin-S might have use for that since it could take on Blissey with STAB Seed Bomb instead of relying on the Sp. Def. drops from Seed Flare.

M.K

Level 55
If anyone is interested, here are the stats of Rankarasu (green blob) as calculated on Smogon:

Blue = lowest possibility
Red = highest possibility

80-95/39-67/42-71/86-125/60-93/15-38
HP/Attack/Defense/Sp. Attack/Sp. Defense/Speed

PowerBomb

Smash Master
If anyone is interested, here are the stats of Rankarasu (green blob) as calculated on Smogon:

Blue = lowest possibility
Red = highest possibility

80-95/39-67/42-71/86-125/60-93/15-38
HP/Attack/Defense/Sp. Attack/Sp. Defense/Speed
I'd like to know how they did that.

I'd also like to think that most Grass-types with Growth are getting more movepool additions this gen. YES, GRASS-TYPES FINALLY SHINE

UberMario

Smash Master
I know I've probably said this before, but the fact that you guys can recognize [or at least associate] pokemon by stat levels kind of scares me. lol

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You mean Meta-Kirby's or my post?

Meta-Kirby's just used maths. Mine is just experience, Exeguttor is pretty bulky, has great SpAtk, and no speed.

M.K

Level 55
You mean Meta-Kirby's or my post?

Meta-Kirby's just used maths. Mine is just experience, Exeguttor is pretty bulky, has great SpAtk, and no speed.
Oh yeah, I can recognize almost all fully-evolved Pokemon by their stats.
XD GENERALLY that is.

M.K

Level 55

Winter (Brown) Shikajika vs. Mijumaru.

Nothing new, but more importantly, demo pics are starting to come in!

Wrath`

Smash Master
So is the only thing to change on the little deer Pokemon over the seasons its coloring? A little lame there.

Think there may be new weather effect for fall? Like a breezeness/windiness

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Victini is battled and caught in a house in somewhere called the Liberty Garden (more proof to the New York theory?), accessible using the previously revealed Liberty Ticket. Its ability, Victory Star, raises the accuracy of both it and its partners in battle (useful!) and knows Quick Attack, Endure and Confusion.

M.K

Level 55
Complete Burn (read as: Incineration) is a Base 60-80 Fire-Type Attack that Incinerates the Berry that the Enemy holds.

UberMario

Smash Master
The Luvdisc-like pokemon's artwork is shown over at Pokebeach, they also have a totally different fish pokemon that looks almost like a bullet shown in a blurry picture.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Oh wow. The way the seasons work is just like TLoZ: Oracle of Seasons. That's kind of cool.

Also moar boosts to sandstorm :mad:
Windstorm looks interesting...

Also Victini's ability could make it rather useful in doubles... anyone else think that Gamefreak is trying to make doubles worth it as well? Or triple battles? I mean, they've been adding abilities/moves that help out in those situations...

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
Wow, the overworld changes with the seasons. Finally! The light of day and night was just boring. What did it do? No wonder it was scratched for a gen. But now a snowpile leads to a certain high cliff somewhere thats only there during winter, for starters. Its great to see Pokemon evolving so well!

M.K

Level 55
Alot of people on Serebii/PokeJungle/Smogon are up in arms about the "supposed" mastery document, which contained zero new Pokemon.
Hahaha, but that's what you get when you get the leaks beforehand XD Kinda sucks though, Corocoro was MAJOR HYPED and then.....we got details, but no new Pokemon.

Can't complain when the game is a month away !!

EDIT:

Also, DENTO, the waiter, is the first gym leader O_o.
A waiter, is he going to use Rock-types? I seriously doubt it.

Thinking of waiters, I can see him using Grass-types (Salads), Normal Types (Meat), and possibly Water Types (Drinks).

EDIT2:

And just for reference:

Swana (スワンナ) - Swan Pokemon - Water / Flying - Keen Eye or Pigeon Heart - 1.3m - 24.2kg. It has a new attack called Windstorm which changes in accuracy depending on the weather

Moguryuu (ムグリュー) - Mole Pokemon - Ground - Sand Throw or Sand Power (attacks increase in power during sandstorms) - 0.3m - 8.5kg.

Miruhoggu (ミルホッグ) - Precaution Pokemon - Minezumi's evolution - Normal - Illuminate or Keen Eye - 1.1m - 27.0kg. "It lights up the pattern on its body to threaten its opponents."

Kurumiru (クルミル) - Sewing Pokemon - Bug / Grass - Swarm or Chlorophyll - 0.3m - 2.5kg. It has a new attack called "Bug Resistance" which hits two Pokemon at once.

Mamambou (ママンボウ) - Nursing Pokemon - Luvdisc's evolution - Water - Healing Heart (cures teammates of status conditions) or Hydration - 1.2m - 31.6kg. Note that Electivire was not revealed to be Electabuzz's evolution until much later, so we're assuming it is Luvdisc's evolution.

Gigaiasu (ギガイアス) - High Pressure Pokemon - Rock - Sturdy - 1.7m - 270.0kg.

Shikijika (シキジカ) - Season Pokemon - Normal / Grass - Chlorophyll or Herbivore (raises attack when hit by Grass-type attacks) - 0.6m - 19.5kg.
EDIT3:

SORRY for the edits, but it seems like Darumakka and death spawn of Venusaur and Hoothoot could be fake.

EDIT4:

Here it is guys:

It also appears that the main character gets costume changes based on seasons
<3

M.K

Level 55
I'm predicting Normal.

D: I liked mini-Hihi. He looked like a fluffy fire-type pillow.
I know , I liked him alot too, but apparently there are inconsistencies between the 2 screenshots that feature him.

Also, Dento could possibly be Psychic Type. Reason being that, in the Anime, he is known to be able to "sense the connection between Pokemon and their owner". Also, he is rumored to have a Munna in the anime.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I know , I liked him alot too, but apparently there are inconsistencies between the 2 screenshots that feature him.
Tbh, I really can't tell what's inconsistent. Guess I need a closer look? Also, people need to remember that sprites move now. So a pokemon's sprite could look different because they could be on different frames.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'd be inclined to think the waiter will be part of that new gym theme thing, where the gyms may not necessarily focus on type, but they just have a battle theme like Trick Room.

Leftovers, Stockpile/Spit Up/Swallow -- both of those are food-related, I could see him taking advantage of one of them.

Also, I really see no inconsistencies in the screenshots of Darumakka aside from him being in a different pose, which I would think is logically attributable to battle animation.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Also Victini's ability could make it rather useful in doubles... anyone else think that Gamefreak is trying to make doubles worth it as well? Or triple battles? I mean, they've been adding abilities/moves that help out in those situations...
They've already made lots of moves and abilities that help you out in Double Battles, it's just that nobody plays double battles for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom