• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
They've already made lots of moves and abilities that help you out in Double Battles, it's just that nobody plays double battles for some reason.
Well, I'm assuming there's gonna be more incentive now.

Also, you all noticed angry fish right? Is sadfish supposed to be fake?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
It also appears that the main character gets costume changes based on seasons
Like how Dawn changes from a dress with a mini-skirt to a winter coat with a mini-skirt?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I know , I liked him alot too, but apparently there are inconsistencies between the 2 screenshots that feature him.

Also, Dento could possibly be Psychic Type. Reason being that, in the Anime, he is known to be able to "sense the connection between Pokemon and their owner". Also, he is rumored to have a Munna in the anime.
The sprites are animated now so i dont see how slight inconsistencies automatically make him fake. Im not saying he is definitely real, but thats not enough to prove otherwise

UberMario

Smash Master
Rotation battles sound interesting, also I was surprised when they said Dento was a gym leader, he only looks 12-years-old.

M.K

Level 55
Like how Dawn changes from a dress with a mini-skirt to a winter coat with a mini-skirt?
Within one game, that is.

The sprites are animated now so i dont see how slight inconsistencies automatically make him fake. Im not saying he is definitely real, but thats not enough to prove otherwise
That's exactly what I thought.
There is literally only one basis for that argument, but I do agree with you.

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
They tried to brainwash me with XD and Collo so that i would hate single battles, oh they tried. But they couldn't brake me, no sir e. I didn't even know how to play a single battle. They were so awkward at first.

Just goes to show that there might be a region that only uses Rotation Battles. Now that would be cool. A spin-off of Monochrome that is less like Stadium and more like Collo. No offense PBR, but you were boring. Sure, wifi battles are great and all, but i kinda liked whipping them cipher dudes into submission. A whole game based on thrawrting the villain team, now thats what Gen V needs to be the perfect generation. So far, so good, i have to say.

EDIT: Wait, i think i just read this thread with posts in random order. This would make a lot more sense to you guys if you saw the post that i thought was before it.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Rotation battles are single battles fused with triple battles. You have three Pokémon on the field at once, but only the one in front can attack. And you can rotate the ground they're standing on, in some way. I don't fully understand it, but that's the basis.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I guess it could add some strategy, since it takes out some of the element of chance.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
We now have confirmation that Wild Pokémon change depending on the seasons
Awesomesauce.

The ability Sturdy now prevents any form of one hit knock out, leaving just 1 Hit Point
This is actually really awesome. It basically means Pokemon who have this ability get a free Focus Sash. Maybe we'll see Sturdy leads?

Once more, the Isshu region has 8 badges for you to collect
For people that were worried they were going to change up the number of badges, fear not, for they're still keeping the same old reliable formula.

TMs do not disappear after use
BUT HOLY **** YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
The Sturdy thing is actually interesting. Forretress would like it, as would Bastiodon.
Could you imagine Forretress leads, which could lead to even more field hazard usage. Skarmory gets even better, now that it's ability could make up for its poor sp. def. And finally, I'm happy I don't have to sash my Donphan when rapid spinning or revenge killing without the total fear of surf or ice beam 1 hit ko'ing it. (and no 1 hit ko earthquake on Magnezone)

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I like Sturdy's upgrade, as well as the TM boost (it appears they're really only different from HMs in name only now).

But I don't fully understand the Dream World. Is it a DSi only thing? What all does it do?

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Great. For my Aggron I now have to choose between Rock Head for no recoil on Head Smash or Sturdy for no OHKOs.

Other than that though that really is an awesome addition. It's like Game Freak's trying their own NU to OU project now.

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
Wait, TMs do not disappear after use? Hah, so if you have a real mean TM right now, guys, instead of using it , SAVE IT and give it to a Pokemon before importing it to BW. If all goes well, you have infinite of said TM.

BRING BACK FISSURE TM GAMEFREAK

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Guys, you guys treat TMs as if they are the new HMs

For all we know, we can use them up to three times before they're used up

GF said that they don't disappear after one use. They never said that they were now infinite

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
So, does this mean that Sturdy no longer stops dedicated OHKO attacks completely? Like, they actually will hit now?

That might turn out to be a problem if the random wifi doesn't ban those moves.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
[COLOR="Red"GF said that they don't disappear after one use. They never said that they were now infinite[/COLOR]
A classic problem in MMO games. An item that has some number of uses is really hard to program and fit in smoothly. Imagine your inventory screen:

TM01 (Transform) (Three uses remaining) x1
TM01 (Transform) (Two uses remaining) x2
TM01 (Transform) (One use remaining) x7

Way too cluttered.

M.K

Level 55
I LOVE the Sturdy change, and TMs being unlimited = AMAZING.
@Wave, that's basically what happens now, except replace "use" with "how many do of the TMs do you own". It's clear they are unlimited.
Besides, we'll PROBABLY go through much more elaborate ways to get TMs in the first place, like side quests/mini-games/trades.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Vaporeon with hydration sounds really annoying :( I also don't like how the winter form of shikijika is brown :( A light blue deer just sounds so cool.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Screw multiple-use TMs, all I want is for HMs to not become a permanent part of a pokemon's moveset after use.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Multiple TMs is nice though because a lot of them were one per game. :/ That's just ********.

If Vaporeon is getting Hydration from the dream world (a really useful ability) it seems safe to assume that all of the eeveelutions will get an alternate ability? What do you think we'll see? Jolteon might get motor drive. Umbreon and Espeon are the two that really need a new ability.

Although, Vaps will be missing out on wish if she has hydration.edit: On second thought she could just use rest so nevermind.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
You can no longer one shot kill Forretress and Skarmory? And every Pokemon that has Sturdy (apart from Pineco) is immune to Sandstorm?

Great. I'll need to start using Abomasnow for his hail.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
It's not like you could one shot the majority of sturdy pokemon in the first place. Plus, with SR they will have taken damage anyways.This is really only going to affect doubles where entry hazards are virtually non existent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom