• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POE3: WIFE HUSBAND G-REG WOBBLES ZHU ROCKCROCK KELS TINK DREPHEN MACD 2maro! - 6/26

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm hosting a tournament in a month in Huntsville, Alabama called FAP. Everyone should try their best to make it out! I'll post a link here to get some more interest :p

FAP

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Everyone has it so backwards..

Getting a grab with ICs is easy, not getting grabbed is hard. You literally have to put all your focus on it, it's ridiculous.
^ This. Chad is the only person who got it right so far.

But Jesus Christ this is the most controversial tourney I've been too and I think it's ridiculous. Honestly I don't like how the tourney was handled and I want to thank the guys who stepped in to save the singles tourney. Peef I don't know if you realized it yet but you have some attitude problems you need to get straightened out. Flippin out on everyone like that is not cool AT ALL and despite all that I still helped out because I'm a kind person but you handled that very immaturely, kinda resembled how a female would act out, I'm just tellin it truthfully. Hopefully you take these and everyone else words too the heart because it is NOT ok to act the way you do, it's just very disrespectful. I'm in no way trying to call you a bad person or anything because I'm sure you have some positive attributes. I mean you did get this tourney started and whatnot and I'm sure there are attributes that don't deal with smash at all, but please try to work on the bad and if you go back through your head or look at your posts or what others have said, I know you will know what I'm talkin about. I know it may not sound like much now after sayin all of that but I genuinely mean it, thank you for hosting the tourney man I hope you'll learn from this experience which I'm sure you will lol. With that bein said...

I really enjoyed traveling and seein everyone again and playing with all the people I know or just met.

Reneblade - thankns for housing the Peoria crew man and ggs. Continue to improve so you won't get owned next time lol.

macD - I know you don't remember me but I was that orange fox with the crazy dbz hair lol. GG's your peach is hella good but that's obvious I'm just glad I got a match off of you xD. Next time though playin me won't be so easy

Zhu - Sad to not see me in your shoutouts guess I wasn't that fun to play but it's understandable seein as how you have several foxes in Cali and I wasn't really playin that impressive but I felt like I we still had fun. And like I said about macD, I'm glad I won a match but next time will be different, next time we will go back and forth in matches =).

RockCrock - Your Ganon is sooo **** sexy is ridiculous, so is your DK. Ganon on Ice lol glad you remembered me and I hope you had as much fun playin me as I did playin you =)

kels - I respect your fox so much and I love playin you, doesn't matter what character you play, maybe it's because you're like the best black guy out there right now I don't know haha. But yeah I'm gonna work on gettin my hand better or work around that issue I have so our matches won't be so lame because I know you sigh and scoff in your head so I don't hear it lol, I'll change that though

Zeu$ - Another respectable player because well, you're black and you're good lol. Work on not playin your music so much so that we we can chat more instead of me just feelin like I'm playin against a computer player or somethin =P. GG's man.

JesusFreak - Wish we coulda played more than just our one mm, that was fun and you're good, better than I expected honestly lol

Iori - Love your mewtwo, play him in tourney!! Had fun with our mm.

BunBun - Saw your shoutout to me, makes me happy to know that someone enjoyed playin wtih me. You also seemed to be the only one to genuinely care about my hand issue which also means you're the only person who seemed to understand that I'm not playing at my fullest which makes me a sad panda. But yeah the feeling's mutual man I can honestly say that I had the most fun with you as well lol.

ORLY - Love your ****in falcon man, good **** in pools and super good **** at Chris' house we definitely gotta play more ^_^.

BigD - Oh man you lucked out, top 4 advances lol. It's all good though man honestly I didn't think I was gonna beat you at first because you wrecked me at Vro's tourney but when I was actually winning I got comfortable and never looked back but out of all that, I love your falcon and hope to play you again some more.

Sveet and crew - Got a tons better I think man. Can't wait for your crew to improve so we can have a Peoria vs Sveet and your crew crew battle lol. GG's.

Blake(Ripple) - I really hate to think that you're done with Melee because I feel you're like Gimpyfish: A smart player but chooses to play with bad characters for whatever reason which makes you think less of the game. I definitely respect that I love playin your roy or any character you use which means we'll still bother you to come down and play your punk *** with the rest of the Springfield crew.

Luke(Tomacawk) - I'll do a public post and say you're more technical than I am...FOR NOW! Lol seriously though you're a tech beast now, now you have to play to win and not worry about that stuff so much and it'll just come when the timin's right. Had fun at the springfield get togethers hope to play again soon. Oh and since you're closer, keep Blake from leaving Melee lol.

Book - gg's as usual you got a lot better since TIMS, you owned me this time around lol.

Viperboy - Fun matches, wish you woulda played longer but it's all good, got to play you again since the last time was the very first SMYM I went to which was like 5 or somethin like that haha xD. Great Falco!.

Sliq - GG's in brackets man, your jiggly's fun to play. You won't win next time though =).

To my beloved Peoria Crew - Gg's yall let's keep playin each other till we become the top area!! Great stuff carryin the team David which I woulda played doubles like I did singles lol xD.

if I forgot anyone I'm very sorry but I'm postin this at 2 in the mornin because I wanted to get it out the way asap. Despite the tourney shenanigans, this trip was worth it.

Sorry to macD and eighteenspikes about losing your wallet. Pretty ****ed up when **** like that doesn't get returned, it just shows how sad and doomed this world is when people can't be kind-hearted 100% of the time. And macD I really hope this doesn't affect your view on the MW because I'm sure you enjoyed our company like we enjoyed yours.

And OMG I'm really happy that the guy who had the seizure is ok, I was sooo ****in freaked out I actually almost cried watchin him go through that and feelin so helpless not knowin what to do -_-.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
For the IC infinite, when it comes to people winning where they shouldn't, I don't care. At all.

Seriously. PEEF almost beats some guy he "shouldn't?" Don't care. He's not good enough to get away from it, he doesn't deserve to win. But he did win. So... gg! He did his job!

Grabbing people with ICs is easy mode by the way. For real. No joke. In fact, why don't some of you just do it! Go ahead, go grab Kels real quick with the ICs. Grab a highly skilled and patient Fox with ICs. Tell me it's easy. I ****ing dare you. Go practice your pro IC infinites for the five minutes it takes to learn it, and go get those easy-peasy grabs on these amazing players and then pull off that thing you practiced for a few minutes.

Spoilers: I BET YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO.

Oh yeah, remember my match against Tink? Where I probably spent about 40 seconds of it with Nana alive? I didn't get to infinite him once because I had to play the whole thing with only half of my character! Sounds like somebody knows how the matchup works. Didn't hear him complaining about getting infinited.

Sorry, given that about 10 people in the 2 billion+ people on this earth actually play the **** character, I'm inclined to believe most of you have no idea what it's like to try and play them seriously in a tournament environment.

Maybe Kels would have had me without it. Maybe I would have had to use some different tricks of mine to get those stocks I infinited out of him, and maybe I'd have had to land an extra couple clutch b-air edgeguards, and maybe he wouldn't have let me do it at all. Or maybe he'd have felt more comfortable being aggressive without it on and made *more* mistakes, giving me more grabs and KO opportunities. I don't like playing maybe and what-if.

End story? Use it when it's legal, don't when it's not. **** anybody who says otherwise. And don't attend a tournament if you aren't ready to play by its rules.

<3

john!

Smash Hero
For the IC infinite, when it comes to people winning where they shouldn't, I don't care. At all.

Seriously. PEEF almost beats some guy he "shouldn't?" Don't care. He's not good enough to get away from it, he doesn't deserve to win. But he did win. So... gg! He did his job!

Grabbing people with ICs is easy mode by the way. For real. No joke. In fact, why don't some of you just do it! Go ahead, go grab Kels real quick with the ICs. Grab a highly skilled and patient Fox with ICs. Tell me it's easy. I ****ing dare you. Go practice your pro IC infinites for the five minutes it takes to learn it, and go get those easy-peasy grabs on these amazing players and then pull off that thing you practiced for a few minutes.

Oh yeah, remember my match against Tink? Where I probably spent about 40 seconds of it with Nana alive? I didn't get to infinite him once because I had to play the whole thing with only half of my character! Sounds like somebody knows how the matchup works. Didn't hear him complaining about getting infinited.

Sorry, given that about 10 people in the 2 billion+ people on this earth actually play the **** character, I'm inclined to believe most of you have no idea what it's like to try and play them seriously in a tournament environment.

Maybe Kels would have had me without it. Maybe I would have had to use some different tricks of mine to get those stocks I infinited out of him, and maybe I'd have had to land an extra couple clutch b-air edgeguards, and maybe he wouldn't have let me do it at all. Or maybe he'd have felt more comfortable being aggressive without it on and made *more* mistakes, giving me more grabs and KO opportunities. I don't like playing maybe and what-if.

End story? Use it when it's legal, don't when it's not. **** anybody who says otherwise.

<3
Is it possible to sticky a single post? This is spot-on imo.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
wobbling is only really gay when they is a huge lead and/or don't play ice climbers they just know how to wobble. nothing hurts more than to be wobbled by someone who doesn't know how to play.

I feel the same about most chain throws.

if your going to win always why not have fun?

hey wobbles what was all the yelling about before I left? I was the guy staring at you really wierdly

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
First of all, good **** wobbles for doing so well. How you get some of your grabs is ridiculous, and your trick grabs are really cool. kels is super hard to grab and you grabbed him.

Grabbing with any char is hard against the top players wobbles.

Playing kels, zhu, and other players at the tourney i realized that.

The thing that is not right is that wobbling should NEVER BE LEGAL. One grab=death? A very easy one?

I could complain about the shine too, but you know for you to die from the shine you have to be offstage, not everywhere(WOBBLING).

Every person i think at top level or think they are at top level realizes that once they get a grab they want to try and kill someone from it. Killing from one grab with ics with wobbling on is not of equal skill to the other chars in the game. Its just not.

IC players are just big *** oppurtunist that depend on grabs to win matches. Thats all they really got and are good at. The ones that actually place well are overall good at the game, like wobbles, chu, upcoming uberice, and some others.

I don't think i will be attending a tourney where its legal. Its too broken against any char. sure the grabs might be hard to get but that doesn't balance how easy it is to kill someone once you have the grab.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
kill nana and their grab game falls to 7th best in the game and makes it harder to get grabs. Also I don't wobble nor do I really chain throw of course I did the handoff at mid stage during one match i played because nana got the grab but yeah that's very different.

also dair d-throw is way fairer than sheik's chain throw and most. you can di/sdi/roll/spotdodge/shine in sheik's/ most you can only di. same for most ice climbers chain throws they give you options.

also they need wobbling against peach.

what I feel about wobbling is what I said above.

also marth/dk relies on grabs a lot also

Vro

Smash Lord
I haven't watched a single video, but I have one thing to say. Peef you are a scrub.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
*Jyes*counter-point*sig-worthy-post*

<3
****, Wobbles laying down the law!

He's right though; getting a grab with ICs is hard in the first place, and having Nana ready for it is even harder. Just avoid getting grabbed, make it the PURPOSE of the match. God forbid you have to play.... AGAINST THE CHARACTER.

Instead of blindly playing your own character (throwing out Knees, Nair-shining, spamming Dsmash) try playing against your opponent's character.

Sliq

Smash Master

End story? Use it when it's legal, don't when it's not. **** anybody who says otherwise. And don't attend a tournament if you aren't ready to play by its rules.

<3
The thing you are forgetting is that the people who strongly oppose it aren't as amazing as Tink and Kels. So what happens at mid level play is that IC's will do much much better because of the tech skill divide that occurs. It's the same with Jigglypuff. At higher level's of play up throw rest doesn't happen. At mid level, all 4 stocks son.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't impact tournament results, but what you have are people feeling like they've been "robbed" of their chance to do well in a tournament when they are beaten by a technique that, at the skill level, is considerably more difficult.

They feel robbed because they believe the weren't beaten by an opponent better than them, but by just a little trick (similar to up throw rest in some regards...so easy...).

I'd say in terms of landing a grab with the IC's and not getting grabbed by the IC's, it's probably the same in the difficulty department. IC's are way more mobile than Jiggs, so it can be difficult to not get grabbed without playing as safe and boring as possible.

I'd say the match is about the same as fighting Zangief in SSF4. Except that Zangief has no mobility with which to land grabs, it's pretty similar. Constantly poke until you win. Get too close and you lose a quarter of your health from a piledriver.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
Shout outs! I'm Zulu the Falco player but on the boards I use this account.

Zhu - your a funny guy awesome times at IHOP and now you see that the South always bursts out into song. Singing Eminem outside IHOP was epic.

MacD - you are freaking hilarious I'm glad I could hear you and Bun yelling from across the entire church

BlueZaft- thanks for the friendlies and for being such a chill guy. I was really surprised when I found out you were teaming with Wobbles

Wobbles - Awesome guy thanks for teaching me about the IC matchup

Tink- had fun playing you in pools you ***** my ****

Iori- Congrats on 3rd Rep the South!

Black Panther- good matches in teams wish I could have played you more

SHKA- we should have done better in teams, next time

BunBun/IHSB- this can be summed up by this, "sorry I was thinking about ribs.

Honda - Thanks for the peach friendlies. Tons of fun, Come to FAP

Juke - Awesome tips man, your fox is insane

VTS- Congratz on your performance

Kels- I actually liked watching you despite what others say. Your insanely smart and cautious, keep it up.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Sliq: I do not care about what happens to those players during their matches. I want to clarify this though, because I sound like a massive douche saying it.

As a player during a tournament match, you use a set of skills that you have chosen to spend time honing as you practice. The collection of those skills determines your skill as a player. I think this is a fair statement, yeah?

An IC player who chooses to emphasize mastering CGs and infinites but does not master his spacing or general control will be reliant on his opponent's errors to win him matches. He will be unable to make any plays of his own, and needs the other guy to screw up.

What does this mean to me? Players are responsible for forming strategies around their skill as well as their opponent's. This, in itself, is another skill you have to develop and use in tournament play.

If you lose, it is because the skills you have mastered were not sufficient to overcome those of your opponent. No more, no less. Tink lost to Iori, the defining point in the match being a technical error that put him in easy spiking position allowing Iori to turn the 3rd game around. You can say "Tink should have beaten Iori." I prefer to say, "Tink should not have let the match get into a position where that technical error cost him the set." I also prefer to say that not screwing up and falling off the level is a skill that you should master if you don't want to lose at clutch points.**

Falling off the stage is a terrible mistake and you deserve to lose games if it happens to you repeatedly. In the same vein, if you're fighting a mediocre or just plain bad ICs* whose only weapon is the infinite, and you fail to split up Nana, avoid grabs, or at the very very least keep ahead in stock trades, then that is akin to throwing yourself off the level. Do we take pity on players who repeatedly suicide in tournament? I don't. I say that not SD'ing repeatedly is one of the many skills this game tests. If you do not possess the skills to win in a matchup against a given player, then you should not win. Take that opportunity to analyse your game and improve it; don't get rid of the factor that made you lose when we can establish it's not legitimately broken.

So when I say I don't care, I mean that it is a player's responsibility to master the skills necessary to win, and not the TO's job to decide which ones they should be. If you're losing to things you perceive as dumb, get better or keep losing.

*This is not meant to be a comment regarding PEEF. I have not even seen him play. Take this as a general statement.

**I also don't know much about Iori trash talking him afterwards, except that Tink is really flipping good and doesn't deserve that, especially when Iori was fortunate enough to catch that kind of break at the end of the match. I had some similar breaks when fighting Tink, catching him with bad DI while he had no double jump, but you know, good DI and keeping track of your jumps is as much a part of playing Fox as perfect n-air shines, so I'm willing to say I outplayed him that set. I have no idea if it would ever happen again though, because Tink may be the most efficient Nana-rapist I've ever played.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
yeah tinks nana ****** was some of the coolest **** ive ever seen

walks up all cool and just back throw shines her, no fear when it comes to grabbing ice climbers

i like that

Kels88

Smash Lord
lmao Wobbles i wanna play you again with wobbling. I need to learn how to kill nana early as well as not getting grabbed as much. I don't wanna not go to a tourney just because wobbling is allowed. It's still pretty gay though.

Sliq

Smash Master
Sliq: I do not care about what happens to those players during their matches. I want to clarify this though, because I sound like a massive douche saying it.

As a player during a tournament match, you use a set of skills that you have chosen to spend time honing as you practice. The collection of those skills determines your skill as a player. I think this is a fair statement, yeah?

An IC player who chooses to emphasize mastering CGs and infinites but does not master his spacing or general control will be reliant on his opponent's errors to win him matches. He will be unable to make any plays of his own, and needs the other guy to screw up.

What does this mean to me? Players are responsible for forming strategies around their skill as well as their opponent's. This, in itself, is another skill you have to develop and use in tournament play.

If you lose, it is because the skills you have mastered were not sufficient to overcome those of your opponent. No more, no less. Tink lost to Iori, the defining point in the match being a technical error that put him in easy spiking position allowing Iori to turn the 3rd game around. You can say "Tink should have beaten Iori." I prefer to say, "Tink should not have let the match get into a position where that technical error cost him the set." I also prefer to say that not screwing up and falling off the level is a skill that you should master if you don't want to lose at clutch points.**

Falling off the stage is a terrible mistake and you deserve to lose games if it happens to you repeatedly. In the same vein, if you're fighting a mediocre or just plain bad ICs* whose only weapon is the infinite, and you fail to split up Nana, avoid grabs, or at the very very least keep ahead in stock trades, then that is akin to throwing yourself off the level. Do we take pity on players who repeatedly suicide in tournament? I don't. I say that not SD'ing repeatedly is one of the many skills this game tests. If you do not possess the skills to win in a matchup against a given player, then you should not win. Take that opportunity to analyse your game and improve it; don't get rid of the factor that made you lose when we can establish it's not legitimately broken.

So when I say I don't care, I mean that it is a player's responsibility to master the skills necessary to win, and not the TO's job to decide which ones they should be. If you're losing to things you perceive as dumb, get better or keep losing.

*This is not meant to be a comment regarding PEEF. I have not even seen him play. Take this as a general statement.

**I also don't know much about Iori trash talking him afterwards, except that Tink is really flipping good and doesn't deserve that, especially when Iori was fortunate enough to catch that kind of break at the end of the match. I had some similar breaks when fighting Tink, catching him with bad DI while he had no double jump, but you know, good DI and keeping track of your jumps is as much a part of playing Fox as perfect n-air shines, so I'm willing to say I outplayed him that set. I have no idea if it would ever happen again though, because Tink may be the most efficient Nana-rapist I've ever played.
I want to clarify I don't feel the way I posted, I just tried to get into the mindset of the people who are the most vocal about it. I don't really give a ****, I'll win anyways.

legion598

Smash Ace
shout outs to reneblade for letting me stay at his place and being a falcon brother
tomacawk for being so chill
orly for falconin it up with me
gooey cuz he needs more shout outs
the guy who was good with G&W cuz hes good at G&W
rock crock for being too good at this game
sveet for challenging my ness skillz
wobbles for being so nice to me and his piano skillz
bun bun for his piano skillz
cosmo for getting so far with zelda
zhu for being zhu and making strange noises

everyone else because i love you

BTW this is captain pron since no one knows who i am

j00t

Smash Champion
Shoutouts:

Reneblade: It was nice to finally meet you and play you. Don't quit please, just keep working at it and you'll be a beast in no time.

Andale: Had fun playing friendlies with you. Sorry I didn't get top 10 like you predicted, Spaceballs just keeps ****ing me up lol.

Ripple: You should of stuck with Roy in our brackets match. I was more nervous playing your Roy in pools than I was playing your Sheik in bracket. Good **** for sticking with the character you love to play, though.

Dart!

Smash Master
here's what you do, ask them to not wobble and if they agree don't CP them to non neutrals. i think thats the most legit strategy and it seems fair too.

cjugs

Smash Ace
Peef learned how to wobble about a month ago strange he showed up a POE3 with a new pair of glasses i wonder why that is? he never replaced his glasses before he knew how to wobble Hmmmmmm odd.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
here's what you do, ask them to not wobble and if they agree don't CP them to non neutrals. i think thats the most legit strategy and it seems fair too.
I LOVE THIS.

I would totally do it vs. several characters. Probably not Marth though haha.

Sorry about the bracket delay, I'm getting it today from Shonic.

Shaka03

Smash Rookie
^ win.

renting Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood tonight btw.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
yeah nana will even turn around in shield in order to shieldgrab you. Grabbing the ICs almost always results in getting grabbed yourself. There is no truly safe throw to my knowledge. If the IC player predicts it, they can grab you out of your lag with the other climber every time.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
I mean but wtf can one ic do with a grab, I'll take the risk.

fox gets a grab on one of those ***s and there are most likely done, a single ic grab ain't ****...

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Well the thing is is that lets say with fox you grab>uthrow popo, nana grabs you and uthrows you.

Popo is now safe and lands on a platform, perhaps the one fox got thrown to, perhaps not, and popo either hits fox or returns safely to nana.

If fox grabs nana and uthrows, popo can grab and things get dangerous. Popo can dthrow>regrab as nana recovers from the throw and this leads to a possible chaingrab/smash out of grab. Or popo could simply smash fox as he throws.

But of course there is the chance that nana just doesnt respond (happens randomly) or popo is out of range for the grab (happens as well) in which case the reward is high for fox.

I'd say that no character has a good grab game vs dual ICs. Every time they grab its going to be a 50/50 that it works out for them, assuming neutral stage position.

BunBun

Smash Master
Well the thing is is that lets say with fox you grab>uthrow popo, nana grabs you and uthrows you.

Popo is now safe and lands on a platform, perhaps the one fox got thrown to, perhaps not, and popo either hits fox or returns safely to nana.

If fox grabs nana and uthrows, popo can grab and things get dangerous. Popo can dthrow>regrab as nana recovers from the throw and this leads to a possible chaingrab/smash out of grab. Or popo could simply smash fox as he throws.

But of course there is the chance that nana just doesnt respond (happens randomly) or popo is out of range for the grab (happens as well) in which case the reward is high for fox.

I'd say that no character has a good grab game vs dual ICs. Every time they grab its going to be a 50/50 that it works out for them, assuming neutral stage position.
Kirby Uthrow is 100% safe on dual IC.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
stop it slime, soloIC's cant Dthrow chain fox, and if they can it wouldn't be till like 85% neway. Besides you can differentiate which one u grab. I wish I thought this much about these lames before now, had no idea so many were out there smh. 50/50 when nana dumb *** can throw you AWAY from popo *ed* COME ON SON *lover*

Top Bottom