• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, that is pretty cool. I may use it when I have spare time and once the shop is open again. I actually ran into that site once before while looking for something, didn't even occur to me to use it like that. Good catch, AbsoluteZero.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
That generator is more fun then it seems. I'm currently trying to get 2 straight lines filled, the closest I have gotten is 1 and another with 2 sprites missing.

*Goes back to play more*

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman
By the way, I wonder if some of them seem impossible....

Anyway, in the meantime, I'll work on a poochyena/houndour...

EDIT:

Look at this, played with it, and made a Croagunk/Tyrogue... never knew they would work so well....

btw, when you're fusing, do you use male or female sprites?

Mewter

Smash Master

EDIT:

Look at this, played with it, and made a Croagunk/Tyrogue... never knew they would work so well....

It depends on which one works better for your sprite.

zrky

Smash Lol'd

EDIT:

I use the male sprites, unless like khangaskan, they are only female. Youve improved a little since your ice-cream trainer thing:)

Later ill put one that my friend requested, bastiodon/drifblim

@Shop People:when are you coming of the Hiatus?

Mewter

Smash Master
can you rate the sprite?
ooooh.From one to ten... I say.....
.Two

I'll give constructive criticism, is that okay?:urg:
Okay, so here it is:
Its okay, but you can work on it a bit more. add some more features of Tyrogue, like parts of its head or something. Make it epic. It looks to me like a pink recolor of Croagunk with skinny arms. In other words, I think it would be cool if you revised it.:)

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman
ooooh.From one to ten... I say.....
.Two

I'll give constructive criticism, is that okay?:urg:
Okay, so here it is:
Its okay, but you can work on it a bit more. add some more features of Tyrogue, like parts of its head or something. Make it epic. It looks to me like a pink recolor of Croagunk with skinny arms. In other words, I think it would be cool if you revised it.:)
Bah, it's all right.

I agree it's definitely not one of my best, and I'm just a beginner.

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
Wheee, moving's fun~

Awesome fusions. I love the Pimpapuffs. x3

-Absolute's-

Neat! The body's 'meh' for a scratch attempt. Good otherwise, though. :)

-Mewter's-

... *hugs* Fantastic!

It's a more democratic way of choice.

I can imagine it now:laugh::

Mod Candidate Numero Uno:
"Ahh, yes, thank you Mister Gimpyfish, (I had to) for your excellent speech. Now, I am proud to be up here today, in front of you all... virtually. First off, I would like to compliment you on your avatar, Ilex. It looks very interesting. And Secondly, I would like to say I will be the best a Mod can possibly be. I will-"
Guy from crowd:
"Don't listen to him! He wants to raise premium membership tax rates, and supports the abortion of Usernames! He's no better than Username Madeup Name! He put us in a Flame war with the Brawl fans!"
crowd oooooos in a negative manner
Mod Candidate Number One:
"I'm sorry sir, but are you accusing me of being racist against certain races of members? Such as the Costum Pokemon Shop Fans or the F-Zero Fans?"
:dizzy:

To be Continued....:laugh:
I'm bored, so I'll post this in my section of the thread!:laugh:
I'll add more to it soon.
:laugh: times ten! xD

http://www.dragonflycave.com/testing.htm

still, use the link above.

It will give you many wacky ideas for mutations...

lots of challenges..
Hah! That's what I use to generate sprites! I tried doing a Rayquaza/Jigglypuff once, but... No. Oo

-Absolute's-

Interesting fusion. Where'd you get the pink color?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
As for the end of our hiatus: it will be Monday. We will return on Monday, meaning that we will start working again/accepting requests again on Monday. Keep in mind, though, that Spire will be very inactive in the shop for the time being. Also, remember that starting Monday we will ask that you keep displays of your work to a minimum unless you really want an opinion. But I mean, REALLY want an opinion.

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman
As for the end of our hiatus: it will be Monday. We will return on Monday, meaning that we will start working again/accepting requests again on Monday. Keep in mind, though, that Spire will be very inactive in the shop for the time being. Also, remember that starting Monday we will ask that you keep displays of your work to a minimum unless you really want an opinion. But I mean, REALLY want an opinion.
All right.

But can I request something in advance?

Bidoof/Rayquaza.

I requested that a LONG time ago.

M.K

Level 55
Yeah, this thread looks awful now. I'm glad we are slowlybut surely lifting the (here we go, new word)....HIATUSNESSISTY!

All right.

But can I request something in advance?

Bidoof/Rayquaza.

I requested that a LONG time ago.
...and you are still an idiot because we have said COUNTLESS times that the Bidoof/Rayquaza fusion has already been requested/completed and is on the first page.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
No need to be harsh calling people idiots.

Why is the bidoof/rayquaza wanted so much I don't get it?

So then I guess I'll have to go back to requesting come Monday:(

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Awesome. You guys are coming back. I have a request for the Chaos, so be ready. I'll post when you guys are officially un-hiatused.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
No need to be harsh calling people idiots.

Why is the bidoof/rayquaza wanted so much I don't get it?

So then I guess I'll have to go back to requesting come Monday:(
I guess so :(. Though wait..........IDEA:idea: how about you work temporarily since spire won't be working to often?

Well, that's what I think anyway, ask firus if your allowed :).

Mewter

Smash Master
I am not going to get off hiatus until much later, so keep up the good work!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, Absolute, since you've requested it many times and you still seem to have missed that it's been done, I'll post it again here.

Furthermore, yes, I'm fine with letting zrky work in Spire's place for a while, but it will be more than temporary--it may be for quite a while, in fact, so I'll ask Spire what he thinks.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
OK, Ill try to get at least one in a day. Reason:My family has company over at the house, but ill wil try to get atleast one in a day.
Thanks

Ilex

Smash Ace
Absolute said:
Pleeeease people, when you recolour a sprite, always colour in the outlines too. The average non-spriter may not notice but it's really noticeable when you know what an outline is supposed to look like. It's as easy as using your eyedropper tool! Also...I don't like how the body is a completely different scale of colours than the head which is supposed to be attached. Try recolouring it to match the body?
Now your friend outlined the body, so pass this onto him please. As a general rule, outlines never make an unbroken zigzag. Outline segments should never be touching each other from th top or the sides, only diagonally (Look at the top of the leaves for an example).
Oh man...
Uhhh. Hmm. Well. How to start. 0_0
First, outlines. Outlines should be single pixel and not connected. It looks like you either went crazy with the pencil tool or tried resizing the sprites in paint, both of which are forbidden.
Second, no random pixels floating about in your sprite. Make sure that all the colours are proper?
Oh, and shading. The lightest highlight shade should never be touching the darkest shade unless there's a really sharp corner present on your sprite.
I don't want to sound like a ****, but instead of trying to improve this sprite I would recommend to start over on something new.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I find it sorta like a style of spriting from mewter. Most of his fusions are like this and I have to say there a lot diffrent but really good as well. It;s sorta like a change up from the usual that the rest of us have. I for one find that it makes it only that much more awesome.

Ilex

Smash Ace
I find it sorta like a style of spriting from mewter. Most of his fusions are like this and I have to say there a lot diffrent but really good as well. It;s sorta like a change up from the usual that the rest of us have. I for one find that it makes it only that much more awesome.
LOL. If you think that that sprite is 'awesome', then show me what you think is bad. Seriously.

Mewter

Smash Master
Pleeeease people, when you recolour a sprite, always colour in the outlines too. The average non-spriter may not notice but it's really noticeable when you know what an outline is supposed to look like. It's as easy as using your eyedropper tool! Also...I don't like how the body is a completely different scale of colours than the head which is supposed to be attached. Try recolouring it to match the body?
Now your friend outlined the body, so pass this onto him please. As a general rule, outlines never make an unbroken zigzag. Outline segments should never be touching each other from th top or the sides, only diagonally (Look at the top of the leaves for an example). Oh man...
Uhhh. Hmm. Well. How to start. 0_0
First, outlines. Outlines should be single pixel and not connected. It looks like you either went crazy with the pencil tool or tried resizing the sprites in paint, both of which are forbidden.
Second, no random pixels floating about in your sprite. Make sure that all the colours are proper?
Oh, and shading. The lightest highlight shade should never be touching the darkest shade unless there's a really sharp corner present on your sprite.
I don't want to sound like a ****, but instead of trying to improve this sprite I would recommend to start over on something new.
Oh well,
I kind of didn'thave time for it anyways. And if I started over... I don't know. I don't have time.
And yes, I noticed that too. The outline on his left arm, for instance, is too thick.
Don't defend me, Bowser, you know it's bad.

Edit:

This is bad.

And yes, Bowser is right. That is how I Sprite. No matter what. :laugh:

This just happens to be a bad one. It has "rushed" written all over it like Colorful grafitti on the White House.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
OK, Ill try to get at least one in a day. Reason:My family has company over at the house, but ill wil try to get atleast one in a day.
Thanks
Okay, I passed it on to Spire and he says it's fine if you take over for him for the time being. He may still stop by and do a sprite every once in a while, but he'll be busy for the most part so it won't happen too often.

Also zrky, if you wish, you can take on Spire's claimed requests.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Almost close to having my computer fixed guys. The bad thing is that the fusions I made got erased due to the virus. So what happened when I was gone?

Wrath`

Smash Master
problems*

But no, I'd just like to see what bowser king has seen that is so bad that it makes Mewter's sprite look awesome. Or what he hasn't seen that is good.
I could find 3 things on google also problemes is a british spelling..

M.K

Level 55
Hey, everyone. Stop posting your awful sprites here. This is a shop, not a museum. And yes, I said "awful" because everyone that has posted here (that isn't a shop worker/temp shop worker) hasn't the faintest idea how to make a natural looking sprite that doesn't look like a pile of dog vomit. So, if you have anything to share, please take it elsewhere. This is a place of business, not presentation.

Oh god, those are just TERRIBLE sprites. It almost offends me that someone can compile that sort of monstrocity and call it a custom sprite. Don't you dare EVER call yourself a spriter if THAT is what you are going to bring to the table.​

Ilex

Smash Ace
I could find 3 things on google also problemes is a british spelling..
The thing is, the makority of people seems so unexperienced that they don't actually know what is good and what isn't. Saying that that is his style is like saying the someone who spams Pit's arrowsis just following their 'style'. Tbh it's not a style, just an unexperienced spriting attempt. Go to a large spriting message board and you will be enlightened on what is good and what isn't. And that goes to most people in this thread, actually.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
LOL. If you think that that sprite is 'awesome', then show me what you think is bad. Seriously.
I said that how his sprites are like that and are diffrent from the rest is awesome. Have you not heard of other formes of art as in abstract and others. Mewter's are in a way different from the rest and that is "awesome" that we get to see something different from he usual. I never said anything about the sprite, yes it's not mewter's best work but I guess it's good..

@META- calm down please. I my self have said nothing about the stuff you have been saying but you could say the last thing yo said was the last straw. Really you said you would BAN someone for 2 weeks if they posted and you were fairly new to the thread at that time. Members don't get some awesome power to be rude to other peoples work or BAN them. That's up to firus and spire. If the work they made is bad, most of the time people know it. They don't need your help to figure it out (like absolutes case). They were just posting some things they have made. Firus has already said that at the opening of the thread people should stop posting there fusions. They don't need you saying "This isn't a museum, stop posting your awful sprites".

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman
Okay, Absolute, since you've requested it many times and you still seem to have missed that it's been done, I'll post it again here.

Furthermore, yes, I'm fine with letting zrky work in Spire's place for a while, but it will be more than temporary--it may be for quite a while, in fact, so I'll ask Spire what he thinks.

Yes! After 2 months! thanks!!!

Top Bottom