• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
YOur avatar is a good recolor, there really isnt much to say. It is pretty good. Im guessing it's a dark arceus.

Ilex

Smash Ace
Here's a new one that I made just now... not one of my best
I'm guessing you're a beginner, right? Try to recolour the outlines aswell as the body shades, Imo it's just as important. Also, what is that random scrap of pixels ontop of the spike to the right? Also go further with your sprites, this is kinda just a c+p job; you could have recoloured the body to look like Solrock. You aren't at the level yet but if you were you could have edited Lunatone's ends to look like Solrock's spikes. I would say more...but there isn't much to say about this. It looks like a start.
Can you rate this?

Another one that I made a year ago.
I personally like this one better. Try to imagine light shining down on your sprite from the top left corner. With that in mind, would the body really be so shadowed as it is? I don't really see any flow.. there is an obvious rim along the top edge of the sprite but it seems to be nonexistent along the sides. Make sure that there is an outline along all sides of the sprite, it's missing an outline on the bit on the left there. Most of making a sprite is mental actually, because you have to imagine what the sprite should look like and place the pixels accordingly. Imagine how you see it in your head. Would its outline flow or should the left part of the sprite cave inwards like it does. This is why I sometimes sleep on sprites, it helps you get a fresh view when you look at it again.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Have you guys realized this this is by far, the most successful thread in the entire Poke Center? We have more posts than any other. This calls for a social internet gathering of epic proportions right here.
Well, to be honest, most Poké topics don't last any longer than 3 weeks or so. So yes, it is quite special but it's not like this topic has some serious competition.

XACE-K

Smash Master

snezang
ice/steel
Ability:sturdy
I like his arms.

Can you rate this?

Another one that I made a year ago.
It needs something extra. Just replacing Bronzor's face with Drifloon doesn't cut it.

Can anyone rate my avatar? It's the only one that I did on gimp.
Dark Arceus is dark and cool.

Maybe if you added more of the spikes it would look better or you can move the second spike from the top a little more up.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Have you guys realized this this is by far, the most successful thread in the entire Poke Center? We have more posts than any other. This calls for a social internet gathering of epic proportions right here.
You sure? I think that Wii4Mii's old 5th gen thread might have been a bit longer.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Here's a new one that I made just now... not one of my best
Like what has been said before me, you should work on blending the colors together so it doesn't look like a copy and paste job. Aside from that, you should put Solrock's spikes behind Lunatone on its right side (our left) so they will be balanced. Otherwise, the spikes look to be sticking out on one side, but not the other.

Maybe you could do a pale, light-grey version of it, so it resembles a chalky moon. Yes, try that out. Recolor all of the pixels so that they are much more desaturated. And make the eye green. Why? Because it's my challenge. Get to it!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Like what has been said before me, you should work on blending the colors together so it doesn't look like a copy and paste job. Aside from that, you should put Solrock's spikes behind Lunatone on its right side (our left) so they will be balanced. Otherwise, the spikes look to be sticking out on one side, but not the other.

Maybe you could do a pale, light-grey version of it, so it resembles a chalky moon. Yes, try that out. Recolor all of the pixels so that they are much more desaturated. And make the eye green a laser. Why? Because it's my challenge. Get to it!
Fix'd

/10strikecommands

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman

Maybe you could do a pale, light-grey version of it, so it resembles a chalky moon. Yes, try that out. Recolor all of the pixels so that they are much more desaturated. And make the eye green. Why? Because it's my challenge. Get to it!
No man threatens someone who just posted a bad-looking fusion.

XACE-K

Smash Master

Maybe you could do a purple one because purple is pimp. Yes, try that out. Recolor all of the pixels so that they are much more pimp-like. And make the eye gold. Why? Because I'm trying to be a pimp and you my b****.
Fix'd

Fix'd

/10strikecommands
I fix'd it even better.

No man threatens someone who just posted a bad-looking fusion.
He just threatened you worse.

I think that was me:)
Looked back and it was you.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Im so bored im actually going to try my own request XD

so far this is my work. Stupid Imageshack might of made it large.

any criticism might be helpful

I haven't reached to the chest area.

hmm i may be so bored to do my Golden Palkia and Silver Dialga.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Make it Black and Purple instead of Black and red or black and white. That way it will set you apart from other rocket members.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You know, joining Photobucket isn't really that hard. You choose a username and password, put in a couple of other things (all of which, save for email, can be made up if that's a problem) and then...yeah. It'll take about 5 seconds. I'm not trying to push you, but you seem to be under the impression that it's harder than it is.

Has any one tried redoing some of the D/P Player and Rival spirtes? Love to see a Team Rocket Dawn,Lucas and Pearl/Rival sprite :laugh:
I see you've already started this, but I may give a shot at it. Maybe I'll try Pearl since you've started Lucas.

You sure? I think that Wii4Mii's old 5th gen thread might have been a bit longer.
You mean the "Next Gen Ideas (Wii've hit 10,000 view, although wii're technically dead)" thread? No, it only has 69 pages.

Wrath`

Smash Master
please tell me that was sarcastic :p

Rocket Lucas is my FIRST actual attempt at making a Pokemon sprite :p

So really if you got any ideas tell me
oi, I did not know it was a rocket, but I do like the recolor, the background was sarcasm on the otherhand.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
What? THIS IS MADNESS!
The first person that says "This is Sparta!" gets shot.

ohh okay....the back round is kinda funny though if you think about it :p
Are you sure you shrunk it down in Paint first, and it's just ImageShack that did that? If not, you click the little gray square at the bottom-right of the image and drag to the top-left until its at the location you want it at.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Seriously, that was serious. didn't know this would happen.

Seriously. Seriously....
It's okay, but when someone says "This is madness!" it's just asking for someone to say "This is Sparta!" It may not happen, but...I figured,

Preemptive strike, baby. (I quote things too much.)

Darkslash

Smash Master

I think i finished the Rocket Sprite. Seeing its my first one i find it not horrible mutated :laugh:

The pokeball was added by looking at Giovanni's pokeball and copy it sprite for sprite which was easy :laugh:

how do you remove the white back round any ways?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

I think i finished the Rocket Sprite. Seeing its my first one i find it not horrible mutated :laugh:

The pokeball was added by looking at Giovanni's pokeball and copy it sprite for sprite which was easy :laugh:

You make the background transparent, which is possible with many programs, but the two that I know of myself are Photoshop and GIMP. Photoshop is obviously not free, GIMP is.

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman

DARNIT! haven't made any trainer sprite

as for my first try, it's... humiliating.

It's very humiliating.

And also, I had to make a new photobucket because I forgot my password.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
DARNIT! haven't made any trainer sprite

as for my first try, it's... humiliating.

It's very humiliating.

And also, I had to make a new photobucket because I forgot my password.
I don't want to say anything critical, since there was a nost so good insident with that on this thread. Why did you decide to use regis. I think the if you tryed to blend it alittle more it would look a little better, but not bad for what you tried to use.

il post my team rocket sprites tomorrow when I finish them.

Top Bottom