• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'll have an urge to play the game for like, 3 days, but I don't get around to it for...well, about 3 days. Then I finally pick it up, am psyched to play, play one match, play another match, turn off the Wii and return to playing Pokemon, posting here, or editing Pokemon.

When it comes down to it, it is just a party game. Which is why the only time I play for very long is when hanging out with a friend. Spear Pillar is very fun to play with a friend because it's just so freakin' random. As long as Creselia's not there. So is Norfair, because I baffle my friends (somehow) by just jumping over the lava rather than going in the capsule while they try (and fail) to get into it. Plus it's a Metroid stage, making it awesome. (Despite the fact that the Theme of Super Metroid was wrongly called the Theme of Samus.)

...But I'm getting off-topic. Point is, Brawl is pretty much nothing but a party game, and gets boring in any other context.
It's sad that games rely on multiplayer/online play to even be fun. While Brawl and Mario Kart Wii were fun at first playing solo, they're just about impossible to play alone now. I'm an advocate of games that can be equally fun playing either solo or with others. For instance, the new Guild Wars game (Guild Wars 2) is being built so that people can play alone if they want and have just as much fun as they would if playing with others. I was a player of Guild Wars, but when everything was built around level-grinding and PvP and all players shifted to that mean of play, I quit because every ounce of fun was drained. Repetition didn't help either.

Now, the beauty of single-player games is dwindling unfortunately. At least we still have Zelda and Metroid, because those are prime (hawhaw Metroid Prime) examples of great single-player experiences and are built for playing alone only. Why build a game as a "party game" only, when if you could extend the single player experience to be equally as fun, your game would sell even better?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It's sad that games rely on multiplayer/online play to even be fun. While Brawl and Mario Kart Wii were fun at first playing solo, they're just about impossible to play alone now. I'm an advocate of games that can be equally fun playing either solo or with others. For instance, the new Guild Wars game (Guild Wars 2) is being built so that people can play alone if they want and have just as much fun as they would if playing with others. I was a player of Guild Wars, but when everything was built around level-grinding and PvP and all players shifted to that mean of play, I quit because every ounce of fun was drained. Repetition didn't help either.

Now, the beauty of single-player games is dwindling unfortunately. At least we still have Zelda and Metroid, because those are prime (hawhaw Metroid Prime) examples of great single-player experiences and are built for playing alone only. Why build a game as a "party game" only, when if you could extend the single player experience to be equally as fun, your game would sell even better?
I wholeheartedly agree. I hate games that have to focus on multiplayer to be good. Melee didn't; even though the Smash Bros games have always been great multiplayers, I had fun playing Melee, alone a lot of the time, until the day Brawl came out (and still have fun when I play it). Brawl just doesn't work that way. Sakurai no doubt added gimmicks and such so that it could appeal to casual gamers, and because he didn't want it to be competitive-prone. Unfortunately, whether or not you want to play competitively, that messes up the rest of the game as well. Playing by yourself isn't fun because the gimmicks kill you. When you're playing alone, you're less inclined to say "I don't care if I lose", because unlike when you're playing with friends, all there is is the game. Those kind of gimmicks work great for multiplayer, and single player for about a week.

Thank god we do still have Metroid and Zelda. I was at first, a little upset about Metroid Prime 3 not having multiplayer (mostly because I wanted it to have a great online multiplayer and everything so it could blow Halo 3's sales out of the water), but especially after Hunters, I realize how good of a thing it was that it didn't. I'm upset that, in order to get all of the bonus content, you have to have a friend who can get all of the friend vouchers in the game and exchange with you, because none of my friends own the game. The only one of my friends who really likes Metroid doesn't own a Wii. He was very impressed with Metroid Prime 3, but all he has is an XBox 360. That aside, the fact that the Metroid and Zelda games focus on single player is great. Hunters is the one Metroid game that FOCUSED on multiplayer, and it's just like Brawl--I get the urge to play it once in a blue moon, play two or three matches and put it down. And when I criticize the game, I find people saying "Well its single player wasn't good, but its multiplayer was." First of all, I have one friend who owns the game so there's my multiplayer. Plus, Nintendo's online is notoriously bad and while not awful in Hunters, you find yourself waiting for 5+ minutes for a match. So yeah, it is well-built, but the multiplayer isn't that good, and the singleplayer is worse than subpar. It doesn't even feel like Metroid. I've never played Halo, but it's probably somewhere similar to that. It had Energy and Missile tanks, and 6 beams. What happened to the other upgrades? You start out with the Space Jump, Morph Ball, Morph Ball Bombs, you don't even have to unlock missiles...it wasn't a very good single player.

In any case, I'll cut my rant short here; multi-player should never be the sole purpose of any game. Single player is very important, even in the age of online gaming.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
2. How do you make the colors of them match so perfectly? That's seems to give me the most trouble for making them.
with the color picking tool(eyedropper)First you left click the color you want to replace, then you right click the color you want to replace it with. After that you choose the eraser tool. Once you have the eraser left click and just move it accross the whole drawing and the color you left-clicked will be replaced. It took me a while to figure out how they did it on the videos.

oops just realized BK explained it sorry.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I have a few things to say.

1. Let's stop talking about Brawl. It's not the point of this thread.

2. Thanks for the tips. If I create a fusion that I actually like I'll show it to you guys.

3. I created a little game for this thread. If anybody is interested than ask me.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Patience my friend, let's hear the others ideas.

It's related to another thread in the Poke Center.
Ok now im really interested. When I read patience my friend I read it in a Yoda voice for some reason.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

2. Thanks for the tips. If I create a fusion that I actually like I'll show it to you guys.

3. I created a little game for this thread. If anybody is interested than ask me.
1. there really is no point at the moment.....
2.Cool we would be happy to see them
3. ME!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

1. Yeah, I know. But it came up in conversation and there's not much else to discuss yet, so...
Also, I find it kind of funny how you're getting the owners of the thread back on-topic. I'm not angry at you, as you're right, but...yeah, it's kind of ironic.

2. Cool, I look forward to it.

3. I'm interested.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well the reason I created this game was to help this thread get back on topic. I've noticed that it was happening for a while so I decided to do something about it.

I created a game where we can make our own team with the custom pokemon. The thread I was refering to where I got the idea was if you were a gym leader. Just choose the 6 pokemon you would pick if you were a gym leader, elite four, or champion. If you want to be even more creative, you can choose your own moves for each pokemon to have. Well make the teams in this thread and we can say our opinions on it as long as the comments aren't too harsh. I want this to be a fun little game.

Like the idea?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well the reason I created this game was to help this thread get back on topic. I've noticed that it was happening for a while so I decided to do something about it.

I created a game where we can make our own team with the custom pokemon. The thread I was refering to where I got the idea was if you were a gym leader. Just choose the 6 pokemon you would pick if you were a gym leader, elite four, or champion. If you want to be even more creative, you can choose your own moves for each pokemon to have. Well make the teams in this thread and we can say our opinions on it as long as the comments aren't too harsh. I want this to be a fun little game.

Like the idea?
In that case, my team is as follows:

Sagiduck

Omutoct

Blyphose

Scyler

Zongolem

Regimagma

XACE-K

Smash Master
I'm guessing you would be the champion of the elite four.

For some reason the pokemon aren't coming up when I try to make my team...guess I'll make my team later.

Edit: I completed my fusion but I can't put it from paint to here. Anybody know how to? Also I made a 2 fusions fusion so it will look wierd.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Edit: I completed my fusion but I can't put it from paint to here. Anybody know how to? Also I made a 2 fusions fusion so it will look wierd.
First, get a Photobucket account. Upload the file you want to put here. Once you've uploaded the picture to Photobucket, look at it. There should be four links under it. Click on the bottom one (it will automatically copy it) and paste it in.

As for my team, hm...I'm going to have to think about this.

Frosterra

-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Stealth Rock

Cruentoise

-Surf
-Focus Blast
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse

Beedruicune

-Poison Jab
-X-Scissor
-Brick Break
-Payback

Espreon

-Psychic
-Confuse Ray
-Toxic
-Moonlight

Ardowalot

-Sludge Bomb
-Flamethrower
-Shadow Ball
-Shock Wave

MissingNo. (Revamp)

-Sky Attack
-Water Gun
-Water Gun

I wish I could have this team in my game...

In any case, these movesets are all true to their Pokemon, I made nothing up. For Frosterra, Cruentoise, and Ardowalot, being type changes, I had to guess a little bit for the STAB moves, but other than that it's completley faithful so it's not as if I made anything up. Plus, the STAB moves are all obvious replacements for some of their normal STAB moves, they're not anything amazingly powerful, so...yeah.

And that Espreon moveset is exactly the moveset my friend has for his Umbreon, except with Bite instead of Psychic (although Umbreon can learn Psychic, I just realized). I really like the moveset (when I'm not facing him), because it works surprisingly well in the right situation. Not in Double Battles, trust me--I faced another one of my friends in a Double Battle, and...well, they're not even that well-versed in Pokemon (they only started playing it again this generation, last playing it...maybe first gen?) and I won by a hair. Umbreon got killed off pretty early. In any case, you'd be surprised how well it works. Lay down Toxic and Confuse Ray, Moonlight when you need to, Bite when you can.

But yeah, I really like this team.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I use SIX evil Jigglypuffs (see my avatar).

They have:

1) Hyper Beam with no need for recharge
2) Thunder
3) 100% accurate Fissure
4) Super Awesome Attack (It KOs the Pokemon that you have out AND another Pokemon in your party)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hey guys, I'd just like to notify you now that from Saturday, July 12th to Saturday, July 19th, I will be on vacation.

I'll be here tomorrow, but I decided to give you a day's warning.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm guessing you would be the champion of the elite four.

For some reason the pokemon aren't coming up when I try to make my team...guess I'll make my team later.

Nah, just a Rock/Water/Fire/Ground trainer (or Gym Leader).
Ha, I like this idea! I'll have to make a team later.
Ditto-face galore!

XACE-K

Smash Master
First, get a Photobucket account. Upload the file you want to put here. Once you've uploaded the picture to Photobucket, look at it. There should be four links under it. Click on the bottom one (it will automatically copy it) and paste it in.
f***, I'm too lazy to do that.

Anyway I created my team. It's all fire type because fire is awesome.

Chartwo-Fire/Psychic
Moves: Flametrower, Psychic, Protect, Fly

Galdoom-Fire/Dark
Moves: Dark Pulse, Fire Punch, Doubole Team, Counter

Flarecantei-Fire
Moves: Fire Blast, Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Earthquake

Arcuxine-Fire/Electric
Moves: Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Agility, Crunch

Regimagma-Fire
Moves: Solar Beam, Fire Blast, Rock Slide, Protect

Electiphlosion-Fire/Electric
Moves: Flamethrower, Thunderpunch, Brick Break, Double Team

I made my moveset and it most likely sucks. Also I like Flamethrower but I tried not to give it to all the pokemon.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
MY TEAM

ARCIDOOM
Fire/Dark

DEOSOL-D
Dark/Psychic

AEROCHOMP
Dragon/flying

AGGADON
Ground/Steel

MAGNOIVIRE
Fire/Ghost

HITMONBONE
Fighting/rock

Updating moves later...

I think this is a pretty well rounded team. Might change later but I'm sure this will do.

Wrath`

Smash Master
OK a team, a lot of good choices here.

Name:Arachert
Type: Bug/Water
Item:Scope lense
Ability:Hyper Cutter(attack can not be lowered)
Moves: Slash/X-scissor/Cross-Posion
Signature Move: Plasma Wave/ Power:60 Acc:95 (50% of causing confusion) Type:poision

Name:Tyranitops
Type: Dark/Rock
Item:Darkshades(glasses?)
Ability: Sand Stream
Moves: Crunch/Rock slide/Thunder/Dragon Dance

Name:Vogasto
Type:Ghost/Fire
Ability: Levitate
Item:White herb
Moves: Overheat/Flamthrower/Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball

Name:Blyhphose
Type/Water/Ground
Ability: Torrent
Item:Mystic Water
Moves: Hydropump/Earthquake/Hammer Arm/Ice Beam

Name:pimpachu
Type:Electric
Ability: Funds(doubles prize money)
Item:pimp Hat(raises all "pimp" attacks)
Moves: Pay Day/Double Slap/Volt Tackle
Signature Move: Owe me Money:pwr:--- Acc---(opposing trainer forfits all money to you) Type: Normal

Name:Dargarvio
Type:Dark/Pychic
Item: Bright Powder
Ability:Synchronise
Moves: Pycho Boost/Dark Pulse/Foucus Blast/Doom Desire

Ok that is my team

Ilex

Smash Ace
I'd be a Bug Gym Leader.

-Combpi

- Attract
- Thunderwave
- Sweet Kiss
- Silver Wind

- Combish

- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Air Cutter

Cacneapinch

- Ingrain
- Leech Seed
- Dig
- Bug Bite

Drifquerain

- Ominous Wind
- U-Turn
- Air Slash
- Stun Spore

Ambisect

- Aromatherapy
- Poisonpowder
- X-Scissor
- Tickle

- Reshuklth

- Gastro Acid
- Rest
- Yawn
- Molt

The move I hand out is Molt. Molt lowers Defence and Special defence by 2 levels each and in turn boosts your speed by 3 levels.

XACE-K

Smash Master
OK a team, a lot of good choices here.

Signature Move: Owe me Money:pwr:--- Acc---(opposing trainer forfits all money to you) Type: Normal
Pimpachu's moveset owns. Period

I'd be a Bug Gym Leader.

-Combpi

- Attract
- Thunderwave
- Sweet Kiss
- Silver Wind

- Combish

- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Air Cutter

Cacneapinch

- Ingrain
- Leech Seed
- Dig
- Bug Bite

Drifquerain

- Ominous Wind
- U-Turn
- Air Slash
- Stun Spore

Ambisect

- Aromatherapy
- Poisonpowder
- X-Scissor
- Tickle

- Reshuklth

- Gastro Acid
- Rest
- Yawn
- Molt

The move I hand out is Molt. Molt lowers Defence and Special defence by 2 levels each and in turn boosts your speed by 3 levels.
I see you used your sprites, that's cool. Everybody can make more teams if they want to.

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman

Do you watch smashtasm?

EDIT: Please rate this.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

It's a little simple, and the wings could use a little more blending (so it doesn't look like they're just attached, but a part of the Pokemon). But it looks nice.

Oh, and now that you mention multiple teams, XACE-K, I may make a more specific team (as in for a Gym) in addition to my epic, balanced team.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Do you watch smashtasm?

I do and the pokemo looks good but it could be better.

Oh, and now that you mention multiple teams, XACE-K, I may make a more specific team (as in for a Gym) in addition to my epic, balanced team.
Okay. Also is there another way to upload my picture besides using Photobucket or no?

Ill try to get mine in later, but the teams look good
Well at least my idea is going well. I'll probably make another team later.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay. Also is there another way to upload my picture besides using Photobucket or no?
Um..Imageshack? (same thing, different site)

No. It has to be somewhere on the internet for you to be able to post it here. If you really want, you can email me the files and I can upload them to Photobucket myself, but it's really not that difficult to make your own account on Photobucket.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Have you guys realized this this is by far, the most successful thread in the entire Poke Center? We have more posts than any other. This calls for a social internet gathering of epic proportions right here.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well, I did make this several years ago....
I wasn't trying to be mean--I apologize if I came off that way. You asked us to rate it, so I gave you a couple of things that I noticed. I do like it, though.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm actually going to sit out now for this game. I don't want to get into the complicated aspects of it, and I have my hands tied with the Pokemon Text RPG thread, keeping constant track of what's going on. Maybe I'll pop in later on, but I can't promise anything. Anyways, I'm excited to see how it plays out.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I'm actually going to sit out now for this game. I don't want to get into the complicated aspects of it, and I have my hands tied with the Pokemon Text RPG thread, keeping constant track of what's going on. Maybe I'll pop in later on, but I can't promise anything. Anyways, I'm excited to see how it plays out.
wow, i thought i had a hard time keeping up. Every time I go there it's three more pages:laugh:
Your doing a good job with it.

ill post my team here as i go.

Skartzol
steel/water
Ability:swift swim

snezang
ice/steel
Ability:sturdy

scybuzz
bug/electric
Ability:swarm

Typoleon
fire/steel
Ability:Blaze

squirtle
water/dragon
Ability:ill think of one

Golem-Oh
fire/ground
Ability:sturdy

moves pending(il post them when I have more time) ill make another team later aswell.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Can you rate this?

Another one that I made a year ago.
it's not bad considering the pokemon you chose. Personally I would have used drifloon's body, but you did a good job with bronzor's body. Maybe you could try using drifloon's colors, to make it look more fused. Still good:)

Top Bottom