• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
So I'm teaching my students about the first couple battles of the Civil War, and I'm noticing parallels to NY/NJ.

The North clearly has the skill advantage, but for the first year and half or so, the Confederates kept winning battle after battle, and soon Lee was making his way farther north. He was getting such good support because of how well they won at Bull Run and Shiloh that he marched North, trying to take over Washington DC. However, the Union met Lee's army at Antietam and, though many many people died in that one day (23,000, which makes 9/11 look like a bad bank robbery), Lee got turned back and wasn't able to get any farther North.

NYC most definitely has the numerical and skill advantage over NJ. Our players are smarter, more technical, and just all around better Smashers. Now we ventured into NJ this weekend all confident and **** that we'd win and take names, but something unexpected happened: we got owned. We were not as well-trained and well-conditioned as we once were, and that's why we lost.

Alex's Monthly at Play N Trade? This is our Antietam. NJ CANNOT come into NYC and beat us on our home turf.

Do you all have the sack to turn Keitaro and DMB and Inui and Spamerer back to NJ and rid them of this stupid notion that they're actually somewhere near as good as NYC?

/doo-doo-talk

D1

Banned via Administration
HaB's a pretty articulate and intelligent d00. I wouldn't be surprised that he's gonna be a teacher.

Good stuff mah d00! ^O^

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, its in Kansas and its on the 18th of this month. I'm not going to that though because I'm going to Testicle instead lol.

BUM163

Smash Lord
ighttt well i'm doin a bx venue for brawl for sure this weekend. please let me know whether this friday or saturday. alex strife said friday so thats one vote. i need others please by wednesday the latest. it would be better if i can say today so i can setup over there so the more votes. the more better. the place is huge and the tvs don't lag. its already been tested.

please vote anddon't talk about nonsense. also people need to bring wii's if possible since this is a new store that just open up. he does not have the equipment yet cept tvs. its huge i guranteed you that.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
yo wassup everyone!!!! I've been banned for a week b/c of some bull **** that they said it was plagiarism when I didn't even said "I wrote the article I just wanted to have it on SB.com"

But w/e bum its great that u started to run weeklies again I say keep it as it once was which was on FRIDAYS. I now get out of school at 4 so i should be there by 5.

As far as anti vs wk was it online? if it was don't be too proud cuz online sux ***. I go on aib all the time for fun and I never use my MK.

just for some kicks here is my IKE vs G.O.D. MK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKz2joqHjPU

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Alex's Monthly at Play N Trade? This is our Antietam. NJ CANNOT come into NYC and beat us on our home turf.

Do you all have the sack to turn Keitaro and DMB and Inui and Spamerer back to NJ and rid them of this stupid notion that they're actually somewhere near as good as NYC?

/doo-doo-talk
Wait, what, where? lol!! Atomsk wants to go to some NYC tourney this weekend. I think it's Bum's in the Bronx. We wanna hit that up but we need info.

I can try to get Inui to come so someone can beat his *** in this game for me :laugh: I've yet to play his MK in tourney recently but I was beating it's *** repeatedly 2 weeks ago. I guess it takes only 1 week to learn Meta :confused:

BUM163

Smash Lord
yea the date for the bx venue is final. friday it is. alex if possible i'll try to go to your house cause we didn't get to train. anyone wanna come with me to the nj weekly let me know. i'm going for sure.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Once again, I won't be able to join anything because I get outta work too late. This is why I hate anything happening on a Friday. Oh well, I'm just one person. Who the fudge cares anyway lol?

cba

Smash Master
Once again, I won't be able to join anything because I get outta work too late. This is why I hate anything happening on a Friday. Oh well, I'm just one person. Who the fudge cares anyway lol?
this happens me on saturdays, 9:00 am - 9:00 pm, not counting the hour+ long ride to get there.

Guilty7

Smash Apprentice
A Bronx venue? o.O I might be able to come to this. Err I checked the last 5 pages and didn't see the location. Where is it going to be at this friday? If anything I'll try to get chris (STRDS) in this if he's not busy this week. He took a loooooong break from brawl. xD

soul ark

Smash Ace
Fruity sylar was so wak......
nah i kinda like him not killing every one and all that **** it peter why did you go and mess it up.

adam back in action what

and peter becoming sylar my goodness

im gonna have a heart attack if they throw another plot twist

cba

Smash Master
nah i kinda like him not killing every one and all that **** it peter why did you go and mess it up.

adam back in action what

and peter becoming sylar my goodness

im gonna have a heart attack if they throw another plot twist
me too because everything is gonna change....but when?
i love when he kills, sylar killing = more action, more powers.
that sylar/peter thing was freaky bcause theyve met more than once and that ability should've had surfaced.
im really hating the hatian....

soul ark

Smash Ace
me too because everything is gonna change....but when?
i love when he kills, sylar killing = more action, more powers.
that sylar/peter thing was freaky bcause theyve met more than once and that ability should've had surfaced.
im really hating the hatian....
sylar never exercised his power peter cant do it unless he see's it well the only exception being his mom

peter three stocked the hatian lol

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I just wanted to show some videos of me from Mass Madness 12 that I went to on saturday. I got 9th out of 65. Bleh, I get seem to do better than 9th place at tournaments. I still have alot of work to do with my Peach it seems. These are all tournament and Money matches I had over there. I made 21 bucks in MM's so I left happy and placed alright just going all Peach. Had to show N.Y is beast.

If you guys wanna see my vids than here:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=shade4611

Excuse the first row of videos in the bottom The videos are from the second row and up. Thanks for those that watched and left comments :)

Also for better quality, add this to the end of the video address " &fmt=18 "

ANTi_

Smash Hero
fcking fridays lol. ill have to take a train as soon as i get out of school. its a journey but anything for a smash tournament ^_^

cba

Smash Master
fcking fridays lol. ill have to take a train as soon as i get out of school. its a journey but anything for a smash tournament ^_^
same here, the big Q is "is my a-hole of a boss gonna give me the day off?" or if im gonna keep working in the place.

Top Bottom